realself.comkeeping my account hostage

A

This company publishes doctors profiles and I joined their "free " listing. When I discovered the true nature of their business in which they coax doctors to pay them money to become "PRO' or "Dr Spotlight" listings, I asked that they delete my profile ... but they REFUSED. I also found false reviews posted by patients or competitors on my "free" profile, and the website refused to remove them... inspite of all the evidence I submitted. It seems they just take the patient's (or false impersonator's) word for what they write, and disregard all other evidence provided that shows that these posts are FAKE and DEFAMATORY, including medical records, hospital reports, patient photographs, screenshots of communication with the patient...etc. Apparently they do not care that the "free listing" doctor's reputation gets trashed in the meantime. By publishing an accusation, they are promoting that accusation, and sharing in inflicting damage on the "accused", so they are party to that accusation.

In view of their policy, I requested closure of my account, and that they refrain from accepting any more reviews and delete the old ones. In a flagrant violation of the Privacy Act, they refused!!! It was MY profile, but suddenly they decided it was "Public Property!!!" and refused to delete it.

Of course the more Doctor accounts they have, the better their website will attract patients, the more ads they will get, and the higher the chance of making the doctors pay to get in the "spotlight" ...BUT they can't force a doctor to have his profile posted!!. This infringes on the privacy and constitutional rights of doctors.

Please find attached screenshots of the emails exchanged with their staff, in which they flatly refused to delete my profile or stop accepting any reviews on my practice.

keeping my account hostage