Reach Localbad service

A

Reach Local is an internet advertiser. The program does not work. They say you are paying to reach customers in your area, well we are in the North Shore section of Massachusetts and we were getting calls from California, Colorado

Florida Connecticut and everywhere else. We told them at the end of three months we were not happy and the salesgirl wanted to come in and show us what we were doing wrong!!! This is a program set up by them it was what they were doing wrong. We told her not to come in and just end our contract with them. They ended our contract 4 or 5 days into the month but charged us for a whole month $1600. . Lesson learned never give your credit card to an advertising company to automatically put the money on your credit card. We even have an email from them stating that we would have to pay the 4 or 5 days and we would receive the money back for the rest. They won't give us the money back. So don't fall into their trap this is a sleezy company.

• Lo
    LocalMarketing Apr 15, 2014

Reach Local guy called me yesterday and lied to me about his identity, saying that his friend is a new local client and he needs help.

He asked me a lot of question about my services and about my current clients.

I have just received an email from my client who was very distressed about them and their tactics.

I am in the local marketing space, so obviously they are targeting all my current clients.

I never posted a bad review about anyone but simply I had it enough.

If you have been approached by the Reach Local sales person please avoid as a plaque an save your soul.

They are the lowest kind of people on this planet and you need to avoid them at any costs.

Thank you.

jonesgeorge Nov 07, 2013

Just found out that Reach Local is a Scam! Are you aware that on top of the 15% Management fee they charge on every dollar you give them to advertise, they also retain 40% of your total spend as a commission? If you are using Reach Local, please log into your account, click on the advertising tab, click on reports, choose search activity. Then go the bottom of the page and click distribution details to see how many of your advertising dollars are actually going to Google. You will be shocked how little they use. The worst part is they would never had disclosed this to me, had I not uncovered it myself. Their rep has now come back, tail between legs, with 1 month free and 10% Management Fee from now on...BUYER BEWARE!!

jones75 Aug 27, 2013

VickiW www.shopincanada.com is one of the biggest scams going. They prey on local businesses looking for a "free" listing on their site then have their "qualified reps" call back almost daily trying to upsell you, when you say no they remove your "free" listing for the site. If you are one of the stupid people who say yes they will promise you the moon and the stars and NONE of it ever materializes. They have a "money back guarantee" whereas if you don't see the results you want they will renew the ad for another year, just what people want another year of no business from http://www.shopincanada.com it's a BIG SCAM, buyer beware.

• Gl
    Glenn Jan 19, 2013

Review of DexKnow, Reach Local, and other flat rate, blind spend Pay Per click (Google Adwords) programs offered to SMB's http://www.whitehatterseo.com/dexknows-reachlocal-review-of-online-marketing-programs/#

It's not an outright scam, but it's a poorly structured and highly diluted approach to a real SEM effort. AKA, borderline scam

• Em
    emyth Mar 09, 2012

"REACHLOCAL" Simply awful. The worse company you could ever hire to handle any aspect of your internet marketing. Upper management is always out to lunch and you will never get past the front lines who are mediocre. If you are a business owner beware. If you are an employee and you hire this people, you might as well kiss your job good bye. Having done business with this company is the worse mistake of my life. The amount of money wasted by having believed their first month or 2 smoke screen has been devastating.

• Em
    emyth Mar 09, 2012

" REACHLOCAL" Simply awful. The worse company you could ever hire to handle any aspect of your internet marketing. Upper management is always out to lunch and you will never get past the front lines who are mediocre. If you are a business owner beware. If you are an employee and you hire this people, you might as well kiss your job good bye. Having done business with this company is the worse mistake of my life. The amount of money wasted by having believed their first month or 2 smoke screen has been devastating.

• Ce
    Centurion Age Management Feb 24, 2012

I too hired Reach Local in SouthEast Florida after having a salesperson I trusted go over there. He beleived it would work. THey promised 500 calls and 50 closings a month. In two months I got 6 inquiries - 4 calls, two internet inquiries and closed none. I was completely misled and plan to challenge their credit card charges. When I went back to my rep - all I got was lip service. He said he made changes and still, no calls. I asked for upper management to talk tome and its been 3 days and still, nothing. THey just don't care. No problem, I changed the credit card to stop the campaogn and I've got the email saying I would get 500 calls/month - total 1000 calls for two months and the analytics saying I got 6. That is seriously off. I should win this one.

• Dr
    drpark Dec 07, 2011

Reach Local is definitely not worth it.
    They promise a lot but don't deliver.
    They are high pressure and force you to complete a useless agreement even after it's clear that it isn't working at all.
    Their SEO directs to their site so it hurts your online presence.
    Avoid like the plague, in my opinion!

• Lo
    LostSearcher Sep 30, 2011

If you are internet savvy enough to find and read this comment then you are internet savvy enough to do a much better job of marketing than reachlocal……
    If you run daily, weekly or monthly specials on your website, forget it. The search engine clickers that you are overpaying for will never see it. Reachlocal "snapshots" your site and replaces the phone and email addresses, the clickers see an old version of your site. Your site is frozen for the duration of the contract, no changes. They also overbid keywords to get to the top position- a waste of money (unless your google), but they are making a percentage of that wasted money...see the conflict?? If you do take the time to teach them how to market your business, well that just gave them a new market to sell to. Your competitor down the street will be grateful. Not a scam..just bad business.

chiro 1100 Sep 19, 2011

I have a business in Georgia they did the same things as all the others. They put you off so they can get a few more days and then charge the credit card. I do not know how these sales people in Georgia for reachlocal can look at themselves in the mirror. They have NO business morals. They only care about the making the big hits. There big excuss of not allowing you to cancell or renegotiate your campaign is the we are NOW A PUBLICALLY TRADED COMPANY. They are the worst of worse> Be carefull they will take your money and not serve you well.
    CHIRO 1100

• Wa
    wasmas Sep 14, 2011

I agree, they are rip offs. I am also a small company trying to generate new business, and thought that this would work.
    They made promises and guarantees that they did not keep after I signed up. They promised 24 hour customer service and failed to come through on that. My campaign manager went on vacation a few days after I signed up and told me I would have to wait until he got back to talk to him. He also left 2 messages in one day, one said that I was way under budget to get any results, and the other said that we were right on track. ???Why would they sign my company up at the rate that they did knowing that it was under budget for the results that they promised, how could I be right on track with an hour later.
    I have yet to get any work from their advertising.
    Not to mention they copied and altered my website and phone number.
    DO NOT USE REACH LOCAL

• Dr
    Dr. T Jul 19, 2011

I never new I was even a customer; got a call out of the blue today saying I owed them 498$ They threatened to take me to collections for a service I never ordered and never received any benefit from. I think the whole thing is a giant phishing scam. I'm shocked the BBB hasn't run them out...

• Co
    contentmentfirst Jul 03, 2011

If you're looking for a REAL business that is capable of helping you market your business online effectively, visit http://ImpromptuBiz.com.

• Re
    reachlocal Jun 06, 2011

Reach Local promises the world and gives you mars. They are very good at making sure they get the check every month but you get nothing. All we got was the run around. Our company spent thousand of dollars every month and did not get one appointment. Yes the server log shows more clicks to our website but who cares. Where are the calls. The couple calls we did get were from people lookng for employment. Save your money and do some research. Pay Per Click is exactly what it says. You pay every time someone click on your ad doe not matter if its reach local themselves, a competitor and even an ex employee. Stay away from Reach Local!!

• At
    a.tapos May 18, 2011

How come it has the backing of google?
    Because they pay google millions per year to make your website easier to find, no busineess would cut that off,
    ive not signed up yet because ive seen alot of bad things
    Theyve not been in the uk long
    they do seem to have alot of figures and satisfied customers but im not sure
    The biggest off put is that my rent here is £1000 per month so the fact thay want £500 per month to go with them seems alot of money $800
    so i think you better off ploughing half that in adwords and proper sight up and maintained

• Ni
    Nick12345678 Apr 11, 2011

I've just joined ReachLocal and we're not pressured for sales, infact we're told that we need to treat this like our own business. I worked in B2G sales for a large Educational Software Company for five years because i believed in the product and was proud that i was selling a product that helped children with there education. After this i spent time working for a document sharing company dealing with companies such as PWC, Sony, Phizer Bank of America which is where i came across ReachLocal. I saw how its helped small businesses grow and bring in customers who are searching for there product or service online. I know for a fact i would never sell anything to a company without having 100% conviction that it will help their company and i'd do my best to make sure it works. The whole process is transparent so a client can see exactly what they are spending and where its going. If ReachLocal is a scam then howcome it has the backing of google?

• Up
    Upset in Vancouver Mar 23, 2011

As a recent customer of Reach Local, I can tell you that I feel misled and lied to. They sold me a number of "cycles" of keyword advertising, and defined the cycles as being between 28 - 35 days. After 2 months (approximately 2 "cycles", they had already charged me for using 3 months. When I questioned this, it was "oops" sorry. In addition, they had specifically identified our geographic area for targeting, but when we did an analysis of the "web events" posted on their site, it turned out over 30% of the events were initiated from far away from our geographic area - and from all across North America. They tried to say this was "random" hits...but 600 "random hits" seems too much of a coincidence. The last major problem we had with this program was them using our company name as a keyword. We asked them not to. They said they would stop. It kept happening. And quess what the best performaing keyword was? Our company name...in other words they were preaching to the converted. We had also signed up for a 4 cycle "Facebook" campaign. After telling Reach Local were pissed at being misled, we told them to cancel the last 2 cycles of the "Facebook" campaign. (The $ amount of the F/B campaign was not great, but it was the principle). Reach Local refused to end the campaign saying we had contracted for it. True - we did...but we got screwed from the first contract we signed with them - and it is very apparent that they have no business ethics, and from our perspective - not a very good product either.

• Si
    signguy Mar 01, 2011

ReachLocal just scammed me out of thousands of dollars. They promised my website will be in the top 3 sites shown for searches on google, yahoo, etc. Instead of the keywords I had asked them to use, they chose keywords that are not frequently used in my business. They also represent my competitors, so they saved these words for them! How do I know this? The salesman showed me what keywords they were using for one of my competitors during his sales pitch, and told me they would use the same keywords for me too. During the four months they ran my campaign, I never once saw my website anywhere on the first page! When I called to inquire about this, they "investigated" and found they had done nothing wrong.

• Mo
    movingdr Feb 14, 2011

I was running 4 month campaign with them for few major search engines as: yahoo, msn…(not for google) and they did not know how to run this campaign, I found few major errors that they did which caused me to spend my money (around $3, 400) for nothing, after a while that the campaign was running we found out that the leads/ emails were not working, I do not know where they went too…I had to direct them to link my keywords to landing pages, which they never did! Imagine how many people left the website because they did not find the relevant information for them, and also will not come back. We have not received any one email or even one good phone call from this campaign! The girl who work there Rachel Stone even admit that this is their first campaign that they run without google included, so if they do not know how to run a campaign without google included they do not know how to run a campaign in general! Also I left them few messages directly from their website and they answered me after a while saying that they usually not checking their emails from there-please what kind of company is that! I never asked a refund, I asked give us a credit and to run the campaign as it should be – I received 1 month credit of $1, 000 and they stop saying that they can not run this campaign no more. I will work on getting my money back.
    I would not recommend using this company, do not spend you money for nothing!

• Mo
    movingdr Feb 14, 2011

I had the same problem with them! and more problems...
    I would not recommend using this company, do not spend you money for nothing!

• Ou
    Out of business owner Jan 19, 2011

Easiest way for me to judge this company.
    My business closed over 20 months ago. Our website was removed as well. I am now getting weekly sales calls from reachlocal claiming they can help my website. I would not use a company that has paid for outdated leads that doesn't check their validity. Is this really a company that could have made my website garner more traffic/sales, when they can't even tell now that it's been dead for almost 2 years??

• Te
    tellusthetruth Jan 13, 2011

ReachLocal marks up your click cost by 50%. I know, I found out about this on the S1 filling. As an ex, employee who left because I felt I was lying to customers, I want to sell an ethically and morally sound product. I had an Orlando Accident Attorney who confronted me with the S1 filling, he was very irate, although he believed, that when he asked me how we make our money, and I answered we "mark up the clicks" that I was telling the truth. Smart Attorney to go through hundreds of pages to find this out on his own. I would have never left as long as I did not know the mark-ups were 50% of the advertiser spend, that means, if your spending $1500 a month with Reachlocal, with no administrative fee's no long distance phone calls charges nor charges for using the platform, they are taking 50% of your spend and it goes straight to their pocket, 6% to the new reps. Fortunately for me, I invested heavily in the IPO to the tune of $26, 400 when the stock was at $11.15, and currently it is at $28 a share! At least I got out before they decided to term me. They lie to all incoming sales reps, to get them to lie to clients. The google certification exam, well, they give you all the answers to the exam right in the office while your taking it. But hey, if you can sell 50K in 3 months, your a keeper, and especially if you can bring with you client lists form your past jobs that they try to keep after they term employees.

• Fa
    FAC-online. Dec 08, 2010

I love how this works. You people have turned this site from a great tool into a 'Buy my product" we won't screw you. I have seen very few posts on here that actually state an issue, what happened, and the resolution applied to the problem. I see angry people yelling I got screwed, I see sales people trying to get new clients, but I don't see anything here that will help me make a decision about allowing the Reach Local rep in my office. I want to believe and use this as the educational tool it was designed for but all I see is "I got screwed."
    I wish I could find reviews that were believable on here and had some meat to them that I could work with.
    Frankly I find it sleazy that people would peddle their product here.

• Vi
    Vickiw Dec 02, 2010

Being a rep for a company called www.ShopInCanada.com for the past 5 years I know firsthand the challenges my customers face in this ever changing world of technology. I recommend my clients to just listen to what everyone has to say ( you just might pass up an excellent opportunity) I show them proof of what we have done for our current clients and are so confident they will make a ROI we even put it in writing, we have nothing to hide. Buyer beware and no need to jump into anything. Do not let anyone push you into handing over your credit card right away. Do research, ask lots of questions and be realistic about your expectations. Then you can make a good business decision accordingly.

Sincerely,
    Vicki Wandler
    [email protected]

• Ra
    raptormatt5 Dec 02, 2010

I'm in Toronto and I use a company called SearchKings...after having a few bad SEO/SEM experiances in the past I was ready to give up...until I found SearchKings...a gentleman name Marcus called me on what I guess was a cold call, and I was ready to hang up on him...luckily I didnt and had a chance to hear his fresh perspective on a very saturated market. They didnt make me sign a contract and their monthy rates are cheap! I've been working with them for 6 months and I couldnt be happier.

• F8
    F8gear Dec 01, 2010

85%-95% of campaigns run well? You're a fat liar. Sure, you can't satisfy everyone but the point is you're over charging for clicks by sometimes 300-600%!! The reason why you don't show clients your adwords program is because if they saw how much they were paying for a click compared to what the average CPC was, you'd be fired on the stop. Your knowledge just justifies how scary it would be for a local business to work with you. SEO and SEM are directly related. If you're website is optimized and have good SEO, you're CPC can go down because your quality score is better. Now, of course, there's a lot more involved with this, like with bounce rate, landing pages, overall indexabilty, synonymy, ect...but I'm sure you knew that, right? Simply put, you have no business trying to convince someone to do SEM without having the correct knowledge and looking at their website to determine what they should advertise in the first place. That goes back to the point I've been reading with others complaining about the high demand for reachlocal sales reps to make sales and lie to keep there jobs. Google authorize reseller of adwords doesn't mean much of anything and rumor has it they're going to stop markups on clicks at the end of Feb. 2011 because it isn't transparent and gives business owners a bad sense of adwords. I doubt you even still work for reachlocal.

• Th
    thinkwithyourbrainnottheirs Sep 20, 2010

The beauty of the internet is also one of the bigger issues. Anyone can go online and say anything and, for the most part, people just blindly believe what the reviews have to say.

I can tell you first hand that there are managers who encourage their reps to go out and write false reveiws bashing the competition in order to gain some ground. I've NOT seen or heard of this with regards to the local internet platforms, but I have seen in years ago in the telecom arena. I have little doubt that many of these bad reviews are fake. You can tell when they seem jargony, or use abbreviations that only the competition would use.

The long and short of it is this, do not let reveiws - be them good or bad - make your decision for you. ReachLocal does work. It's not faultless and I am certain there are a few crazy mad customers who should not have been sold the ReachLocal platform as it simply isn't for every one. If you're a hard working plumber working 70+ hours a week, one truck and a fantastic service record, guess what?? ReachLocal won't work for you. That same plumber with multiple trucks? Golden Jerry, Gold!

• Ju
    Just ME c! Aug 26, 2010

I don’t know anything about yext and I the only think I know about yodle is that they “stole” the business model from reachlocal but not the “technology”. I am, however, confused how anyone could say that ReachLocal is a scam. I’d be interested in what parts people think would make it a scam.

Reachlocal offers a scalable, measurable, internet marketing solution.
    Any program with ReachLocal is 100% transparent. Advertisers have the ability to see exactly how their ad dollars are working and exactly what their ad dollar is doing for them. They offer a ppc campaign that optimized, they allocate the budget to the keywords that are converting to calls, emails or web events, they also offer display advertising with remarketing capabilities and “coming soon” is a social product that IS GOING TO BLOW YOU AWAY!

Here’s what I think. I think there are a lot of small PPC companies that are loosing their best customers to companies like ReachLocal and they are scared because they don’t have the technology, the man power or the capabilities that ReachLocal has. I believe that these are the people who are post negative things about ReachLocal online. My suggestion to any advertiser out there is to do your own research. Call ReachLocal and have them come out and show you what they do. Remember is 100% transparent. You know exactly what you will be getting. Call Yodle and have them show you what they do. Don’t read bad reviews and automatically think that it’s the truth. ReachLocal was the 39th fastest growing technology company in 2009. They won the fastest growing technology company from deloitte in 2009. The only other internet company to win this award was google in 2004. I doubt they are a scam. Do you homework and I assure you that you will find that maybe some of the companies out there are scams or guessing but ReachLocal is NOT one of them.

Thanks!

Happy Thursday.

Oh, in case you want to research them.

• Vi
    Vickiw Aug 18, 2010

Hello,

I do internet marketing and get upset when I hear stories like this. It makes good reputable companies jobs much harder. If any of you would like a FREE consultation and PROOF of what I have done for my current clients and what we can do for you without breaking any budget please call vicki at [protected] I work on behalf of www.ShopInCities.com. Packages start at only $360 per year and most of my clients call me within a few months and purchase more.

Please see www.haveyourwebsitefound.com for further information. Bottom line is we do what we say! I consider myself and educator and do not practice aggressive sales tactics. Simply here is what we do, lets start you off small to prove to you it works and go from there. Plus we put everything in writting, my goal is to have my clients as long as they are in business not just 1 year!

Sincerely
    Vicki Wandler
    D.L [protected]
    Don’t Just Have a website...Have it Found!
    www.haveyourwebsitefound.com experienced rep for www.ShopInCanada.com and www.ShopInUsa.com

• Br
    briandaly8787 Jul 27, 2010

I got to be honest. I own my own business, and I have been a client of RL for about 6 months. I have seen a major swing in my business in the good way! I never did my own adwords, we had a website, but were not doing anything with it. Reach brought 200 people to my website last month, and around 15-30 calls. For what I am paying it is well worth it. I have read the bad reviews, but here is a good one. I would recommend Rl to others.

• Dw
    Dwayne Lenihan Jul 26, 2010

Ok people... first of all, the ones of you who are upset because they are not seeing any praise for ReachLocal, should probably recheck the name of this website! It is complaintsboard.com, not company review.com or thetotalpicture.com. This site is for 1 sided opinions about ReachLocal !!! I am here to try to get a detailed explanation of what exactly is done wrong by this company, and weather it is minimal enough to still go with them. There were only a couple commenters that spoke of specifics and unfortionately it was way over my head. I will have to check google again before making a decission. If I decide to go with them, and it is ok ... .you won't hear from me again on this website, as I understand its purpose. But if I get screwed too, you bet I'll be back on complaintboard.com with a complaint!

• Ri
    Richard Penner Jun 28, 2010

I am not a Yellow page rep. and this company took what was a profitable pay per click campaign from a smaller company, to a much more expensive, unprofitable campaign. I can't wait to switch back. Very disappointing to say the least. They sold me on the ease of use, but what really mattered was quantity and cost per conversions, which they delivered poorly. The extra cost they add to each click makes this way more expensive than any other PPC services I looked at. I wish I would have considered that when I signed up! Stay away, use another service!

• Go
    GodSpeed1 Jun 18, 2010

THE majority of the above comments are being written mostly by YELLOW PAGE AD REPS.

ReachLOCAL has done an INCREDIBLE job and is run by professionals.

I love my rep--and had the opportunity to meet her boss--and these people are good folks!

Don't believe these jokers above. They're mad because they know their company doesn't offer what Reach does.

• Br
    Bryan Fikes Jun 10, 2010

As a leading Internet marketing company who handles hundreds of small business accounts I thought I would chime in and give my advice.

1st- Reach Local is not a scam, it is a very legit company.

2nd- Any tool use improperly is going to give you bad results.

3rd - you need a balanced PAy Per Click (PPC), Searxh Engine Optimization (SEO), Email marketing, and social media optimization plan.

We have a 98.2 client retention rate over the six years of providing low monthly flat rate Internet investment strategies. I have clients that spend $199-to-$2999 as small business who all see success with our strategies that include Reach Local. You just have to be armed with good information and intelligent data.

• Se
    search7marketing May 21, 2010

I too have heard both good and bad about reachlocal. I actually opened my own business to help combat problems like that. If a company is selling online marketing, I personally don't know why they would mirror their customers website so that the client couldn't be able to track their own traffic to their website, or track phone calls and everything else. I spoke to a local caterer where I am and discovered that he was paying $850 a month for their services and stuck in a year long contract. When everything I could find to sponsor him under would only cost about $350. Search engine marketing does work when done right. And it's not hard to "geo-target" ads to the clients location. Not sure why they do things the way they do but if you need to advertise online and would like an honest shot at it you should check out search7marketing.com. No pressure you can see the results for your self and there's no dark corners in our service

Jamie Gonz May 11, 2010

I guess I should have read these prior to signing with Reach Local. After paying $343 per call the said that the campaign was setup incorrectly and that they would have to start it all over. They would start that campaign from scratch. They offered a $200 credit on a $1600 a month spend. When I complained they said that they would give the next cycle their best shot. I guess the first cycle was just for fun. Just say away and find a company that can offer you good SEO not SEM. Be honest with people and you will be rewarded.

• Tr
    Truth-In-Advertising May 11, 2010

ErkHtr is clearly a ReachLocal employee. ErkHtr is also trying to spin you around, like what the ReachLocal employees do.

First - They do not have an 85% campaign renewal rate. Over 60% want out of their contract in 30 - 45 days and get out.

Second - They are going public to get more money to first, pay their inner circle of founders a huge paycheck (weren't these the same guys that ran that offshore poker site that's now illegal?) and second have more money to figure out more ways of screwing business owners out of their money with more products and programs that rarely work.

Third - ReachLocal just got the A+ rating with the BBB because they just joined and did the paperwork. Any new business automatically starts with an A+. If memory serves right, they had a D before that very recent change. They also did it just so they'd look good for the investors when they research the company.

Fourth - #1 fastest growing company in America...all part of the publicity they were building to try and get credibility before going public. Did they really win it? I have to be skeptical about that when the ReachLocal Chief Development Officer was actually visiting the Delloitte building regularly.

Lastly, notice how many times ErkHtr says "you" in his double posting? That's what ReachLocal will say. You pay us, it's your fault, you fix your website, you, you, you... Isn't that part of why ReachLocal would earn your business to begin with? To be true consultants, think for the long term relationship in the client's best interest? They don't. They just want their salesdogs (I can't even call them consultants) to slam another $5, 000 per month in new sales in the book evey month and will do so at your expense. BEWARE! The posts by all these other people complaining are true! I've seen it all happen to many businesses over and over.

• Er
    ErkHtr Apr 19, 2010

I am reading many of these complaints and a majority of them are from the same people over and over again (especially the guy with the user name- Scammed)- competitors, or past employees. I own my own web marketing company and have used reachlocals PPC services for about 4 years- I signed on as an authorized seller back before they had a local sales force. Out of all the companies I have used, reachlocal has brought my customers the best results.

Its a shame then everyone believes what they read.

I looked up Superpages, at&t, and yodle-- and they all have awful reviews. What people need to realize it is impossible for a company to please 100% of their clientel. Its a shame that people have to go on these "complaint boards, " and try to ruin a companies reputation.

You have to ask yourself- ReachLocal is such a bad company...
    Why do they have an 85% campaign renewal rate?
    Why are they getting ready to go Public?
    Why do they have an A+ with the BBB?
    Why were they just named #1 Fastest Growing Technology Company in N America?

1st off- Reachlocal does nothing with SEO. Its SEM.
    SEO and SEM are completely 2 different worlds. In no way does SEM(ppc) affect your SEO (organic/natural listings) on the page. You can contact Google directly and they will say the same thing.

-3rdly Reachlocal has over 300, 000+ campaigns running right now. You simply cannot please 100 % of your client base. For any business owner- you know this is IMPOSSIBLE. As Im sure you have experienced-- you always have that customer here that will complain and you can't please NO matter what you do.

4th - If your pay-per-click campaigns isn't getting the call volume you would like- WHY don't you take a look at your website. If you have an AWFUL website- why is anyone going to call you??? You cant Blame that on ReachLocal.

5th- People talk about exoborant fees. They are a business- you are paying them for a service so you dont have to deal with the headaches of trying to set up an internet marketing campaign across 5 different search engines- then try to manage them all! The mark up is minimal.

Do you own your business to run a profit? How much did you make off of replacing that garage door spring or the bathroom remodel you did last week?

6th you have the ability to sit down with your rep and monitor your keywords at anytime. Are they going to disclose their entire keyword list? No, that is all of their hardwork. Why would they hand the entire keyword list over to you?

If all the keywords are correct and you are getting visits to your website-- HOw can you blame Reach local for customers not calling you????? Fix YOur website!

I don't advise The GOOGLE adwords EXPERT to switch to reach local. You know your business better than anyone.
    But if you are not a Complete expert with setting up an online presence on Google, yahoo, bing Etc then ReachLocal is the place to be. You could be wasting thousands of dollars if youre running campaigns on your own.
    They are an adwords Qualified company- they have been through the google testing.

Nothing is 100% perfect, but if you have a great product and a great website- ReachLocal will do an amazing job for your company.

Reachlocal is not a perfect fit for every single business- the business model does not work for 100% of all businesses- but 85- 95% of the campaigns run very well.

If someone is Upset they run and tell 20 people. If they are happy, you'd be lucky if they told 1.
    This is the sad thing - Where is the page for the 100, 000 happy customers?

• Er
    ErkHtr Apr 19, 2010

I am reading many of these complaints and a majority of them are from the same people over and over again- competitors, or past employees. I own my own web marketing company and have used reachlocals PPC services for about 4 years- I signed on as an authorized seller back before they had a local sales force. Out of all the companies I have used, reachlocal has brought my customers the best results.

Its a shame then everyone believes what they read.

You have to ask yourself- ReachLocal is such a bad company...
    Why do they have an 85% campaign renewal rate?
    Why are they getting ready to go Public?
    Why do they have an A+ with the BBB?
    Why were they just named #1 Fastest Growing Technology Company in N America?

1st off- Reachlocal does nothing with SEO. Its SEM.

This is the sad thing - Where is the page for the 100, 000 happy customers?

• Pl
    plumberK Apr 15, 2010

I am sure there people who are happy with reach local at first, but in the end you are lucky to break even!! I am spending half the money and getting better results with my new internet marketing company. Nice thing is now I know the keywords that work, so maybe I can run the campaign myself one day.
    With reach local they could never tell me what the top keywords were.

I learned from my experience and glad I got out early!!