Raven MediaInternet scam!

V

There are many complaints about BSM/Grant Search, aka Grant-A-Day, aka Raven Media. This company also sends out CDs about how to make money with Google. Like others here I was also debited unknowingly the $39.95, along with a debit of $7.95 for a subscription to small business grant sites. I posted my complaint yesterday, March 19, 2008. I received a call today from Tony, a representative of the above company. He said he read my complaint and was following up on it. I don't know about anyone else here, but this impressed me a lot! I discovered that the language regarding the above debits is contained in the licensing agreement that we all had to have agreed to in order to proceed to the step of actually ordering the CD. I confess that I never read those things; I assume they all say the same thing: that my identity will be protected, etc. Tony was very courteous and apologetic and the company will refund all misunderstood debits to my account. I received confirmation emails immediately after our telephone conversation! Thanks, Tony!

• Eb
    Ebenezer Mintah Henaku Jun 20, 2012

I want you to furnish me with all Grant monies from your end to me Ebenezer Mintah Henaku a Global Moral Consultant/ Publisher with my organisations of Global Moral Transformation International, Mintah Henaku Consultancy, Moral Transformation Reformative Movement, Moral Transformation Reformative Monthly Magazine, my Global Moral Transformation International Religion and my new form of Government for the Globe . The Grant Monies came in series of $360b from you between 2006 and 2011.. All the series of the $360b grants of about 10 series were notified you to channel them to my Amalgamated Bank Ghana Ltd in Accra but I did not receive a cent . I have been told you channeled some to the Bank in Ghana via the Banks Correspondence Bank of Ghana International Bank Cheap side London UK into my dollar accounts in Accra Ghana But I did not receive them . In all I gave my personal dollar accounts of [protected] in my name of Ebenezer Mintah Henaku and my business accounts of Mintah Henaku Consultancy of [protected] . Please confirm to me all grant monies voted for me and chanelled to me my accounts for me to trace them . Respond via my email of [email protected] and call me on my phone number of 233(0)[protected]
    I am in dire need of your confirmation
    Regards
    Ebenezer Mintah Henaku
    Global Moral Consultant /Publisher
    Accra Ghana .

• Ha
    h&e Apr 14, 2009

I had the same problem. EXCEPT I did NOT even order a cd. I had NEVER even heard of the company/product until I got a suspicious telemarketing call one day. They apparently stole my credit card number--or got the information from somewhere (are they buying stolen credit card numbers??). First they ran a $1 authorization with apple i-tunes--I suppose that was to check to make sure that my card # was a valid number. (I do not use apple i-tunes.) Then, that same day, they charged a 2.95 fee then followed that with a $39.95 charge. I authorized NONE of this. I had never heard of this company until they called my home, and certainly did not order a cd.

In response to Ryan R's snarky response to the initial poster: How could I even know about the terms of service/small print associated with a product/company I have NEVER heard of? Clearly this is a fraudulent company, stealing money from both the unwary consumer as well as completely random people.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC and will be filing complaints with my state's attorney general.

• Co
    CollegeKid Mar 31, 2009

I too was a victim of Raven Media's scams. After fighting with them for 3 months and only managing to get half my money back, it clearly wasn't working. The card I pulled: not of legal age to enter into a contract- worked like a charm. They didn't even ask for proof and I received my full refund that week :) Good luck all!

sadasdas Feb 15, 2009

YOUR IDIOT BECAUSE YOUR NOT READING THE TERMS AND DISCLOSURE BEFORE YOU PURCHASED THE CD.

CALL THEIR TOLL FREE NOMBER AND ASKED FOR A REFUND. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IN FILING SOME CASES. YOU WILL NEVER WIN AGAINST THEM BECAUSE THEY WERE FOLLOWING THE INTERNET MARKETING LAW.

sadasdas Feb 15, 2009

sus talaga namang scam kayo.!!!

• Ar
    arnold Feb 14, 2009

its your fault, you didn't read the terms and disclosure before you buy it. although you file a case against that company, you will never win because they are following rules on online purchasing. i advice you to call their toll free number for a refund. they are willing to do that. you will only waste time, money and effort if you file a case. and next time read terms and disclosure upon purchasing anything especially when it is online...

• Do
    Donny Jan 04, 2009

I fell for the same scam. But I called the number listed on this site and I am getting my refund. I explained that I am an over the road truck driver and was unaware of the 7 day rule. But, if they did not refund my money that I would contact everyone on this site and start a Class Action lawsuit. Well I'm getting my money back. So be strong and firm with them and you will get your money back.

• Dr
    Dramora Dec 04, 2008

For something similar to this, visit:

Thanks!

• Valerie Dec 03, 2008

I have been scammed by this company as well as several other people that I can see. This business should be shut down or they should have in BOLD letters what their intentions are, including that they plan to have recurring charges on your credit card!

For the first month, they charged my business credit card 3 different times. The first for $1.97, the S/H for the CD, which I also never received. The second, for $29.95 for internet website access, which I have never even logged on to. Which to me proves that I was never aware of any website. I JUST WANTED THE CD! And three, for some sort of 'Express Funding Program.'

I have my secretary pay my cc bill every month and these charges went unnoticed for almost a year. She was off today, 10/22/08, so I went through the statement and noticed some charges that should not have been there. Upon pulling my CC bills for this past year, I found 3 charges each month on there, totaling $47.85 each!!! I thought to myself, this has to be a scam!!! I never would have authorized a recurring purchase of that sort when all I wanted in the first place was a stupid CD that I never even received. Now why would I keep buying something if I didn't even receive the first part of it!

I called the company and demanded that they send me a copy of every single charge that they have ever put on my cc bill. She said that she would refund two of the $29.95 charges and that was it. TWO???!!! Two out of a total of 13 that was on there??? NO! I told her that I would not get off of the phone until I received a full reimbursement, that their company is a scam and I cannot believe that they are still in business. She then said that she would refund two additional $9.95 charges. I WAS FLOORED!!! I told her then that I would spend the next week searching for every online company that I could report fraud to. She then put me on hold.

When the call ended, she ended up refunding me THE ENTIRE AMOUNT< EVERY SINGLE CHARGE!!!

DO NOT back down to this company, if you feel that you have been taken for a short ride, take them for a roller coaster ride right back!!!

• Lo
    lou Nov 20, 2008

I was supposed to get a goverment grant cd for the price
    of postage, (2.95), and i checked my account balance,
    which sometimes i dont, and they had charged me
    39.95, and then 7.95 twice, and 9.95 once!!!
    i got it cancelled, but it dont sound like i"ll get my money back. beware of these con artists!!!

• Da
    davevh Nov 18, 2008

This company is a scam, period, I was charged the same amounts by companies who told me on the phone that RAVEN MEDIA authorized them to charge my card, when in Ravens OWN email, it says to ACTIVATE your account you must use the provided login id, which i did NOT.I have written the states attorney general for nevada and utah, and forwarded them a copy of the email that Raven sent me AND a copy of my credit card stetement.These people are ### from the word go, period.

• Mr
    Mr. Dude Nov 01, 2008

The same company just tried to scam me with a get rich quick ad, using google.
    The email asked me to fill out personal information so that I could get some sort of CD package that shows me how to get rich on google. I saw the name at the bottom of the email it said Raven Media, and I googled it, and got to these pages of complaints on this silly company.

Go figure.

• Da
    Darrin Oct 14, 2008

I had to cancel my credit card. They started numerous charges from different companies. Stop them ASAP.

Use this form - http://www.mcneice.com/docs/NV_Attorney_General_Complaint_Form_for_Raven_Media.pdf

Fill in your info, sign it, and fax it in. If we all complain maybe this scam will stop.

• Pi
    pissed off Oct 06, 2008

Raven Media, I can't believe you would even try to defend your practices. I never ordered your CD, trial membership, or whatever it is you're trying to misle innocent consumers with. I never even visited your site, and before I got a call from one of your minions asking about my alleged order, I had never even heard of you! I have no idea how you got ahold of my credit card and personal info, but you did, and you used it dishonestly. I can't imagine an identity thief using my info to try to sign up for your product, especially since it would be sent to the wrong mailing address, so all I can guess is that you thought I wouldn't see the charges on my account statement. Well, I'm not an idiot. The account has been cancelled, so no, you will not be getting any more money out of me.

Ryan Sep 24, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that are located directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button. Also the first paragraph of the Term & Condition refers you to Terms and Disclosures on the sales page.

For your security, all transactions on this site are protected with Secure Sockets Layer encryption. By clicking “Ship My CD”, I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $2.29 S&H, after the seven day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the fourteen day and twenty-one day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. Each membership site that I have access to requires a separate monthly processing fee of $1.25 that will be billed monthly following my initial membership to these award winning sites. This fee will show on my credit card statement as a separate charge. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy / Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as “GRANTSEARCHASST”. For questions, call [protected].

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call us directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Customer Service Administrator

• Bi
    Bilked again Sep 24, 2008

On 9/12/08 I ordered a cd and waited for its delivery. It never came. It was for 1.95. My computer & internet went on the blink for 2 weeks & I forgot about the order until I check my account & found that they had pulled from my account $58.61 . I called and after waiting over 1/2 hr., I was told that I had a week to cancel and since I didn't I was charged that amount. The woman told me I could not get a refund, but she would cancel my account.

• Se
    Seward Stockton Aug 28, 2008

Wow, this idiotically upbeat letter is SO realistic! It's almost as if Raven Media paid one of their sycophantic little spin doctors to put a positive slant on this entirely disreputable group of dishonest money suckers. This company is so helpful and dishonest that it is, by the way, flagged by the Bank of America for fraudulent business practices. I assume that this post was written by Raven Media. Now, if this was written by an actual consumer not employed by these thieving greedheads, I can only say that the writer is both naive and childishly trusting. This company screwed you out of $40.90 once, and you still allow them access to your bank and/or credit card number? Google 'Raven Media;' countless reports surface of consumer after consumer getting bilked by these con artists. In the words of P.T. Barnum, "A sucker is born every minute." By the way, 'Vanessa, ' I have five acres of pristine Florida beachfront property for sale. All I need is a down payment of $3, 000. Just forward me your bank account number.
    Sincerely, S. Stockton.

• Tr
    Traci Aug 12, 2008

I had the same thing happen to me. I have never even visited this site and was charged $1.99 for Grant Search and then my cc company called me to verify other charges they were trying to charge. It freaks me out how these people got all my information and I have gotten 2 weird phone calls asking if I inquired about information on starting my own business.

Have these people stolen my identity and now are trying to open a business in my name or do you think it's just to make charges to my account.

Why can't these people use their computer powers for good instead of evil?!

Scott Aug 12, 2008

This company must be stopped. why do we have to take this?? Anyone living in Las Vegas should do there duty!!! You know what must be done.., . PUT THESE PEOPLE OUT OF BUSINESS NOW!!!

scamvictim Aug 02, 2008

I too just found on my VISA account 2 charges for Grant Academy (Raven Media) and 1 for Blockbuster. This is not a coincidence after reading other comments.
    I called Grant Academy at [protected] and told them I have never heard of them or authorized any charges on my VISA. My account was credited. I also called my VISA card provider and they had to cancel my Visa cc number and issue a new cc number for a charge of $5.00. After doing searches on Grant Academy (part of Raven Media) and Raven Media this morning, I discovered that I am not the only one they are scamming. I am going to file a complaint with the FTC for fraud and theft of my cc number.

• Na
    nashtenn Jul 25, 2008

I too recently found about 14 charges on my debit/visa card, including blockbuster for 10.91, gevelia coffee 28.00, easy success grant 1.29, and a few others. I cancelled my card number at ny bank and they issued a new one. nearly all went thru. i will get the money bank from my bank/visa. I dont know how this happens except for visiting a website or using my card on a site that wasnt secure. I cant even find a number to blockbuster.com Anyone add anyhelp email me.

• Rh
    Rhonda Jul 21, 2008

I too, did not order anything. I got a strange phone message today, my home phone, which we hardly ever use or get calls on since cell phones hit. I erased it, figuring it was a telemarketer. Then the mail came and there was a CD in there from the company that the guy called from.

I then checked my CC statement and I had two 10.59 charges from blockbuster.com and a 1.00 and 1.29 charge from Grant Academy in Las Vegas, NV. I called the Utah number from my caller ID, got voice mail. I then called the number in the CD package and I spoke with a girl. Even though there was a computer generated label on my CD, she could not find me in her system. She needed to know the first four and last four digits of my cc number. I hung up.

Discover card fraud department closed my account. I suggest that you all call your CC company's fraud department. She informed me that there was a charge for stamps.com as well as Napster, so it's not going to stop until you close your accounts!

• Wi
    william hawk Jul 19, 2008

I found a way to get money back from Raven Media! First, file with your bank that the charges are UNAUTHORIZED! The bank MUST by US Federal Law
    charge back (refund) your money, unless their investigation shows that you DID authorize the charges.
    Insist that your bank files this dispute! (some larger banks may try to discourage you, takes a lot of their time).

Second, call the 800 number(s) on your bank activity/charge readout and RAISE HELL! DEMAND a refund. (I had one operator in tears in the Philippines). They use a number of different telecom services, Each of their "network" members share your private bank info and make false charges to your account. DEMAND a refund! They will tell you that it will take up to 3 or 4 weeks for the refund to show up on your account. This is a LIE! I caused them so much trouble that several of my refunds were posted to my account the NEXT DAY!

This ring of scam artists work out of their Las Vegas location and one in St George Utah. I am filing formal complaints with the Nevada and Utah State Attorney Generals offices.

The most effective way to put these guys in jail, is to hit them where they live! Thru visa and other credit card/atm services. If they get enough complaints, their credit authorization will be revoked!

I also filed complaints with the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) http://www.ftc.gov and http://www.ic3.gov (FBI internet fraud website)

If more of us citizens would file complaints with the proper authorities, theives like Raven Media would be behind bars, where they belong!

• Ki
    kimba Jul 17, 2008

I ordered Wu-Yi tea for a "free trial" with the understanding that I would be charged for shipping charges. I canceled the subscription after my initial order. I then realized for May, June and July that my account was being charged $19.95 per month for these three months. I called the company they told me that when I ordered the Wu--Yi tea I authorized the use of the Living Lean counseling/support network. I disputed this fact because I would have not ordered the "free trial" if I thought that I would be charged for the support I never received. There was no information on how to access this counseling/support, nor was there any notification to me that I would be charged $19.95 or I would have canceled this "support" as well. After being told by the agent when I called the 1-800 number that she would remove one month off of my credit card I insisted on speaking with her "supervisor". I spoke with a man named "Adam" who after some time agreed to take off two months, leaving me without the first month's credit. BEWARE, do not order the tea, it did not work for me, and was not worth the money and upset it has caused.

• Wi
    william hawk Jul 16, 2008

I also purchased (what I thought was) a program at a cost of$1.99 +$1.00 for information regarding grants for a customers website.
    My customer was incensed at the completely unexpected charges on my account for grantmaster! He is pursuing civil and criminal complaints. I reviewed the website in question and could not see any disclosure as stated by "Raven media"

Bill Hawk,
    owner, Publish Internet

P.S. I did manage to contact someone at [protected] that I had a lot of trouble understanding because of very, VERY poor English ! She stated that charges would be reversed and credited back to source account. I'll believe that when I see it!

• Ap
    April Jul 14, 2008

wow...First I got 9 missed calls from a number [protected]...I tried calling them back but never got through to anyone, finally I answered the next time they called. There was a filipino lady with an accent ( I know she was filipino because I am too and I know the accent) saying, that she was with "Raven Media" ( I had to ask several times because I could not understand her)
    She stated that she was calling me because I had inquired about a government grant, and that I was entitled to receive free money, I am a student who applied for grants so, I asked to confirm what type of grant this was... Personal, educational, loan?,

She then raised her voice at me, saying "This is a free grant mam!, whatever you want to use it for you can use it, the government has no say in what you do with it, personal, school...So what are you going to use it for?!" I replied with, "I'm sorry, I don't understand, I just want to know what agency or company you are affiliated with, I cannot recall applying for anything with your company". "Can I ask where you got my information from?" ( However, I was not told of any credit card numbers, addresses that she had of mine)...She only stated "Raven Media!!!" in a very rude and anxious manner.

Then she was quiet, then she said "hello!?" and I responded "hello?"...(I was waiting for her to pitch me some stuff about her "grant", but nothing)...She then said "Do you have any questions? Are you done!?"... I said "You know...thank you but I am not interested"...
    She replied..."You are so rude!!!" ...I said "I'm sorry, what was that?..."Is this a joke?"... She said "No, and you are so rude! first you ask questions, and then say you are not interested?!"

I was flabbergasted at her lack of profesionalism at this point and said nothing...she then hung up on me...

So weird...I could not beleive what a bizzare phone call it was, and that I had 9 missed calls from this "Raven Media", and so I went online to look up this company or whatever it is...to find others with complaints about them.

wow...I don't even know whats going on

Ryan Jul 03, 2008

Please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected] . I can assist you in tracking down how ans where the order was placed.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.99 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call [protected].

For customer service you may call [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

• Valerie Jul 03, 2008

I found a strange charge on my credit card from Grant Search. I have never visited this website and I never ordered this CD. I am very concerned how they got my information and credit card number. There was also a charge from blockbuster.com on the same day and I have never ordered anything from them.

I tried calling this company with the 800 number on my credit card bill and tried to find out what this was. The person on the other end insisted I ordered this CD from them, when I told her I had not and how did they get my information she kept asking me for my address and email addy. I told her I would not give her anymore information as this was obviously some kind of scam. I told her to remove the charges and she said she couldn't as I ordered this CD to get information about obtaining a grant.

I have never seen this web site. I have no need for a grant (not really sure what getting a grant entails other then for school). She was very unhelpful and I ended up hanging up on her and calling my CCard company and reporting these 3 charges from them and the one from blockbuster.com. I have never ordered anything from blockbuster either. I closed my CC to make sure no further charges would be applied.

This is some kind of scam and I really want to find out how they got all of my information. I do order products online but usually only from trusted sites. This has me very confused!! I see a lot of people on here who did actually order the CD but didn't read the 'fine print' to see it wasn't a free CD where you only pay shipping but I never even visited the site much less ordered it!

Anyone else experience this? My CC is going to investigate but I really want this company shut down! total scam, CC fraud at it finest!

• Al
    Allen Johnson Jul 02, 2008

I went through the exact same problem with Raven Media about a year ago. I finally was able to resolve it and get credit on my account. The problem I have with them now is that apparently they sell your email address to other companies so I get junk mail offers from other companies all the time. This has been going on for a long time and it seems when you opt out my junk email just increases. I don't knowingly subscribe to any advertising but I get 27 to 85 spam mails each day. It's bad enough that you pay a service provider a hefty fee for internet access and are subjected to tons of advertising from the search engine you use but all the sites are loaded with ads and little content.

• Ri
    rinny May 26, 2008

I also signed up for the mastergrant cd with the promise of a one time shipping fee ONLY and was not aware that I would be continually charged every month - I have disputed the charges on my credit card however I cannot find a telephone # to contact the mastergrant cd "company" to stop them from continually charging my account - if anyone has any information on how to get in touch with these scam artists to stop the accout from being charged please post the telephone # - and if you are looking get this "free" cd - DON'T!!!

Ryan May 20, 2008

Mary contacted our customer service and was ableto resolve her concerns.

This is the first paragraph of the Term & Conditions, the link for the terms is on every page of the sales site that you ordered from.

Bonus Material Terms and Termination.
    By purchasing this product, you agree to adhere to the termination agreement as outlined on the order page, confirmation of order page, and confirmation email, which is that you, the buyer, are not entitled to a refund of the upfront cost of any shipping and handling that may or may not have been charged to you for delivery of said product. Furthermore, any free trials that may or may not be offered with this product are only free during the said allotted time of the free trial period as outlined within the product sales page, confirmation of order page. If you have not cancelled the free bonus within the free trial period (if offered on product purchasing), you are agreeing to purchase the bonus material and/or service at a monthly reoccurring cost. This can be cancelled at anytime simply by calling the customer service number provided in the confirmation email and stating your desire to cancel said bonus material. However, in order to not be charged any future reoccurring cost, please give ample time (2 business days) to be cancelled out of any reoccurring billing system before the next scheduled charge to your account (this does not apply during any trial period). Not cancelling trial programs constitutes authorization, by you, the buyer, for any charges (as outlined) for the associated bonus service until your request to cancel has been received by our customer service staff. By not cancelling the bonus program during the trial period or prior to two days before a scheduled billing cycle, you agree that any reoccurring charges billed to you will be non-refundable.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that is directly below or above ( depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button. Also the first paragraph of the Term & Condition refers you to Terms and Disclosures on the sales page.

Terms and Disclosures.
    By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $1.29 for Shipping and $1.00 for Handling/Insurance, after the 7 day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the 14 day and 21 day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy & Terms & Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "Easgrant1". For questions, call [protected]

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.99 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves, before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Mary Reyna May 20, 2008

When I called to complain about a 39.95 charge on my credit card a gentleman named Von said this was an automatic charge on a monthly basis and that it was covered on the terms & conditions charge page. I went to the terms and conditions page and there isn't a statement that the company was going to charge me any monthly fees. When I ordered originally I was told it was free and pay only the S&H of 2.29. This was on 4/30. On May 9th I was charged 39.95 by INE Grant Search for services and merchandise. On May 17th I was charged 7.95 by Business Funding Success for services & merchandise all of these companies are related. These unauthorized charges have caused me overdraft charges to my credit card.

Ryan May 14, 2008

You can contact our customer service department at [protected] Monday thru Friday 9am to 9pm Eastern Standard Time and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

• Ca
    Carole Wilder May 14, 2008

There are hidden charges and the customer service personnel barely speak English. The customer service operator will not listen to what you're saying. They just keep talking trying to sell you something you just don't want. I took me a long time to cancel GoogleMoneyProfit. They charged my account when I did not use the product. Getting this canceled was a nightmare.

• Do
    Dorrian May 13, 2008

I have been hit with a barrage of calls from RAVEN MEDIA, stating that I have bought something from them.. they even have the last digits to my credit card!!

I have never heard of this group, they keep trying to pawn off *free* things to me, IF I confirm things.. they are a scam!!

Someone do something.

Jody Heap May 05, 2008

In fairness...an update...I finally spoke to a "supervisor" after holding for 30 minutes...she tried valiantly to give me a spiel about how good the company is and the info, and offered to re-send the CD...I told her no thanks, just a credit will do...to which she obliged...will keep tracking to make sure I actually receive the credits.

Jody Heap May 05, 2008

Ryan R...I see you won't provide your last name...I don't blame you, I wouldn't either if I were associated with that company...I have had the same problem...I am on hold with their "Customer Service" department right now...in one breath, the rep told me their systems were being updated so I'd have to call back because they couldn't pull up my account...I told her no, there was no way a company updates their system at 10am on monday morning...miraculously, 2 seconds later she was able to pull up my account...now they are telling me there is a problem with their phone lines when trying to transfer to a supervisor...all of these are obvious tactics employed by this company to frustrate the people who they have swindled and figure eventually the majority will give up, and they will get to keep their money for providing no service.

• Vi
    Vicki I Eaton May 03, 2008

Cancel my enrollment NOW! Sent by minor.

• La
    Laura Hearn Apr 29, 2008

This company offered a Free Federal Grant Kit- cost of shipping only. After I signed up, I saw a $39.99 charge go through on my card. I called customer service in India and hopefully the charges will be removed. Do not use this company.

Scammed Apr 18, 2008

I don't know how you sleep at night or look at yourself in the mirror. To all Raven Media, it is very disgusting that you would scam people out of their hard earned money. You state that your number for cancellation is in the confirmation email and terms and conditions and posted several other places on the site. NOT TRUE here is a copy of an email confirmation! You recently signed up at mastergrantcd site on 04-06-2008.

This message is to verify your email address and introduce you to our newsletter.

Please remember to add us to your address book or safe senders list to ensure you'll receive our newsletter to your inbox.

If you do not wish to receive any further information from mastergrantcd,
    please click here to unsubscribe.

mastergrantcd Customer Service

That is not a phone number and I won't be clicking on the unsubscribe due to not trusting you or your company you hide behind to steal from people. Get a real job. Your site is just a scam with twisted words and hidden misleading jumbo. Thanks alot the internet is ruined by people like you!