Rapides Parish Sheriff's OfficeProbationary Office

I hired a lawyer for my 2nd DWI case... paid my debt to society (30 days in jail) and paid all my fines. I haven't had a drink in over 2 years yet they also they suspended my license for 5 years and my Captain's license on the tugboat). My lawyer seems to have messed me over as he told me to my face (and two other witnesses, my mother and father) that once all my classes, fines etc. were paid I'd be on unsupervised probation. The Judge and D.A. all agreed that after all my classes were over (Driver Improvement and Substance Abuse classes) and fines paid I'd be on unsupervised probation. So my complaint is now I'm off supervised probation, and the probation officer is still wanting to charge me $60 a month. I had all my classes, jail time and fines paid by January 2009 therefore I should have been on unsupervised probation as of February. However, they are still wanting to charge me the $60 a month probation supervision fee. Where does the punishment begin and end??? I mean come on, I'm not an alcoholic ! I admit I had a few drinks before I had to make a 3 month hitch on the boat and was over the legal limit - but...do I deserve this ?

Probationary Office