Radowatch glass came off

M

I bought this rado watch little bit more than 2 years ago and use to just wore it occasionally. Just one day while at party, the top crystal glass just felt down on its own. That was so embarassing when you hav bought such an expensive watch and u never expect atleast tht to happen. I went to service centre and now they r asking for so much to get that fixed. They say since its more than 2 years old to thts not gona b covered under anything. Don't know what to do whether just let it go. Haven't ever heard from anyone even who is using same brand from past 15 years. I think it was faulty when i purchased it that is why it was on sale. Please suggest. Thanks

watch glass came off
watch glass came off

• Iv
    Ivowong Jun 18, 2012

I thought it only happened to me, around two days ago, the glass just came off as Well, I received the same answer from the place I bought it from, only two years for warranty, were you able to solve anything? [protected]@hotmail.com

• Ki
    Kizi Kizi Jun 25, 2012

Hi, I was thinking to get a Rado as they are on sale. But I was hesitant as I recall having heard of this problem about a year ago. It seems that the problem is common for Rado. I can feel how disappointing it is to experience such an unexpected flaw on an expensive watch and to pay for the repair. I suggest you write this problem directly to Rado in Switzerland through their website. Good luck.

• Ha
    HarjiSach Jan 09, 2013

Both my wife's and my Rado watch glass came off. The dealer glued them back on since it was still under warranty.
    He said it was a common fault with these type of Rado watches.
    But again this has happened to my wife's watch. That is twice in 3 years of occasional wearing. This seems like a design fault.
    Unlike motor car re-calls, a problem will not be fixed. I think Rado should offer free service to all who have this problem. Every one should respond and complain to Rado Customer Service

• Do
    doroninbal Jun 03, 2014

My wife Rado watch (an expensive Centrix model) had the same problem. After two years of occasional wearing, suddenly the glass came off. Since it's more than two years, the repair will be very expensive and will take a long time. Unfortunately, this is not the only problem of this watch - from time to time, the watch stops operating without any visible reason and after a while it continues. We are really frustrated!

• Je
    Jean Francois Bouchard Oct 10, 2014

My wife's Rado Centrix also had the crystal just fall off on it's own. When we took it to Birks, they sent it to Rado only to find out that they no longer have support from Rado. For those of you who don't know, Birks extends manufaturer's warranty by a year but Birks stated that this was not related to the mechanics of the watch. Birks took it to a watch repair centre and it will cost $275 to glue the crystal face back on!?! We paid $1200 for this watch and it was worn on and of for 2.5 years. We bought many things from Birks they have lost my trust and loyalty. As for Rado, do not buy this product. Go for something quality. You have been warned!

• Nk
    N Kann Oct 31, 2014

Unfortunately the same incident happed to me. Seems this is a common issue for all RADO watches. I have purchased one year back from the Sri Lankan authorized dealer and it is still under warranty period. The service center informed that it will take more than 2 months to replace the glass and keeping the watch with them. After the first 6 months, the battery got dead and the Service center took more than a moth to replace the battery saying that the battery stocks are out of order. I had to wait 1 month+ to get the watch back. The watch I purchased was at the service center than I wore it! I am very disappointing with the whole RADO brand no matter how classy look they have!

• Bl
    Blessy maliakkal Mar 18, 2015

My dad bought a rado watch two years ago and the sma ething happened. The top glass just fell off. The watch is working fine..When we took it to the rado dealer ..thye said it will take 1 month and cost is very high, ... so we just took it back...just not something we expect from a brand like Rado... has anyone managed to find a solution?

• Sh
    shiretu Apr 06, 2015

I'm displeased to join this club... My 2.5 years old RADO watch lost its front sapphire glass... Just wrote to RADO on their site. Guys, this is unacceptable for a expensive watch. I mean, we all saw <5 dollars watches lasting longer than this piece of expensive crap. I am so disappointed and frustrated. Needless to say, the guy at the service told me that it will be expensive to glue it back together. I, on my side, will make all humanly possible to inform all people I know who want to buy a fancy watch, to stay the hell away from RADO. I suggest you guys to do the same. Perhaps they will learn that this is very bad customer service that they offer...

Unbelievable...

• La
    laiqah May 30, 2015

I bought my Rado jubilee from Germany from the rado dealers. Not had it on very often only occasionally and all of a sudden the front glass came off I'm not very happy about such an expensive watch .

• Th
    Tharindu Sri Sep 25, 2020

@laiqah Hi is it a rado centrix jubilee?

• Am
    Amanda vJ Jul 13, 2015

I bought a RADO in October 2010. The glass recently chipped. I just received a quote to replace the glass. R 35007.98. I paid R 33200.00 for the watch. A new one will cost aprrox R 50 000.00. So I can buy a new watch for the price of the glass? I am speechless.

• Th
    Thomas Charivupuraidathil Oct 08, 2015

I am Thomas residing at Dubai having a Rado watch and it's glass dial fallen down without any external impact. I need watch replacement due to this manufacturing / quality complaint C A Thomas + [protected]

• Al
    Alka Paul Mar 08, 2017

@Thomas Charivupuraidathil mine just came off:( so upset.. jubilee... can you tell me how much it costs?

• Ro
    Rob Benham Oct 16, 2015

I had no idea this was such a common problem.

I've just spent some hours on behalf of a friend who had one end of the rectangular crystal lift slightly. The face and glass were covered in particles. I think it's doable, but requires some very careful procedures to overcome the strange design. For example, pressing the back on. What precautions must be taken to obviate pressure on the glass? That kind of stress may well flatten the curve and pull the bond from the two small fixing points. A high street battery place would not be lightly to give it a thought.

I wondered if I might do these as a retirement job - I've been restoring chronometers for a while and this would be relatively easy. Comments on the need for this would be appreciated.

ChrisSD May 28, 2016

The glass just fell off my Rado watch and boyfriend said it must be fake until he found this website. Such a beautiful watch but I've had this for quite a while and wore it almost daily for three years then stopped wearing it for four years and just recently put it on for a wedding. So sad.

Comments

• Fe
    Fei Yu Jul 24, 2018

@ChrisSD I also have the same brand, same model, Same problem, did you find any solution ? Please let me know .
    Breathya.[protected]@gmail.com

• Et
    ET16 Jul 17, 2016

Same story... So disappointed! Can someone let me know if Rado took responsibility to fix it? Thanks in advance
    Eran eran.[protected]@gmail.com

• El
    EldredGracias Jul 18, 2016

Yes I had a similar problem last week and local dealer is charging me Aed 1000 for repairs as it has passed the two year warranty--
    such an expensive watch and not just worth the price
    has anyone got a reply from RADO HQ

[protected]@yahoo.com

• Na
    Nacheez Sep 06, 2017

About two years old and lost the glass. Didn't know when it happened. Very disappointed especially with an expensive watch. This has never happened to my other less expensive watches.

• Na
    Nacheez Dec 17, 2017

After few emails to Rado customer service, I finally received a response to help me with my watch. To my surprise Rado fixed my watch free of any charges to me, including shipping and insurance. This is how customer service should be. Very satisfied with the service.

• Fe
    Fei Yu Jul 24, 2018

I have Similar problem too . My Rado Glass fell off . Since its more than 2 yrs, not covered by warranty. Given to RADO service center . Just to put the Glass they are asking more than 75% to the cost of New watch . As no choice but taken back . Is there is any alternative solution . I can be contacted at following email address. Thanks.
    Breathya.[protected]@gmail.com

• Se
    SebrenaUK Aug 12, 2018

Had the same issue with the glass falling off of the wifes' watch. Jeweller has quoted £720 to repair and service, Rado want over £1000 !!
    Will never buy a Rado watch again - pure rubbish.

• Ke
    Kelburn Nov 20, 2018

I've had the same issue, my watch is around 3yrs old, sat in a meeting at work and the glass just fell off. I have sent a message to Rado, hopefully, they will provide a solution, i'll update hope I get on

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices