Quibids.comStay away from these crooks

G

I have been using QuiBids for several months now. i have won some nice items cheap and have paid full price for many others. I understand that there could very likely be bots or QuiBids employees bidding against you to drive the price up. However, when you do win something cheap (samsung home theater or iPad) and they come back and say it is no longer available due to "unanticipated inventory issues with our supplier" but still have several upcoming auctions of the same products for bidding, you know they are scamming you at this point. This conduct alone should be grounds for shutting them down. It has happened to me on at least four different items (Monster Dog Oakley Sunglasses - twice, Samsung Home theater system, and iPad2 16GB). I think it would be productive to get in touch with "Dateline" or "60 Minutes" to have them investigate QuiBids and the people they have scammed and continued to scam (like me) and maybe this will shut them down or at least get the attention of the States Attorney or some other party who has already filed a legal action. Given all the complaints I have seen online, I think it would be easy to get people to testify against QuiBids and their conduct. Who's interested?

• Tr
    treasurelyfe804 Aug 07, 2013

This site is a total scam. I agree with everything you all have said. I went on there and watched the news clip they have online. I can't believe these so called news organizations even promoted this crap. I just goes to show us al the site is corrupt and so is the news.

Maizele Jan 03, 2013

I saw a camera and a necklace on Quibids. When the bid was down to just a few seconds left (about :14), time ran out and the clock started over at :14 seconds again. This happened over and over again. The bid didn't really end. Don't get tricked!

• Ti
    Tiossake Dec 08, 2012

Complete ripoff...go to their homepage and you will see $500 televisions that were "won" for $12...what they don't tell you is that the person who "won" the television also had to spend several hundred dollars in BIDS. The bids, everytime you make them, COST YOU MONEY whether you win or lose... Even their buy-it-now price is 30-50% higher than you can buy it from Amazon. Do not fall for this scheme...

• Po
    Poolier Nov 05, 2012

This site is a scam, do not waste your money. I had the same bad experience as others explained. Note, just look at all the other bad reviews.

• Hu
    Huble Jul 09, 2012

They control who sees what auctions against which bidders. All people do not see the same auctions and have the same chance. They play god and control everything. Not fair and even. Very crooked.

• Pl
    Plaimde Jun 25, 2012

I too decided to check it out... All I will say is this.. I put $300 in and came away with nothing... Need I say anymore?

• Te
    Teskove Apr 11, 2012

Absolute horrible experience, a complete waste of money. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! I look forward to joining the class action suite.

• Wi
    wifi8827 Apr 03, 2012

please be more specific as to why you consider them a "fraud"

• Ro
    Romses Apr 03, 2012

I found this site to be an absolute fraud. I'm asking all residents to contact their respective AG's and file a complaint. For thos of you in MAss., I need about six to call Attorney Paul Morenburgh. His number is [protected]. He wants to do a class action. Please, enough talk, let's get your money back!

• Po
    Poolbake Mar 19, 2012

I won a Kindle, Second Generation. When it arrived, it wouldn't work. So I called Amazon for some help. After I read the serial number to the guy, he said it was a blacklisted Kindle that had been reported lost or stolen. He said the best use I was going to get from it was as a paperweight. Really makes me wonder where they get their merchandise!! I have tried to contact quibids, but have heard nothing thus far.

• Br
    Braiman Mar 08, 2012

Quibids lies. Sure each bid is a penny, but how much money do you spend buying bids, hoping to win? It's a gamble & not worth it!

• Bl
    Blimeine Mar 02, 2012

Can't cancel or get a support response, just keeps taking your money while the same scam bidders show up at .01 cents conveniently, we have been watching this site and can not trace the official buyers of most items, there are approx 1200 ppl working on bringing this site down and they still will not respond to a cancellation request, we have photo and video support of this, also quotes from an employee base.

• Bi
    Bierde Mar 02, 2012

I feel it is gambling!!! I signed up because of the TV ads, thinking I will try to get a deal. I got caught up in wanting a $400 set of Home Surround Sound Speakers. That last 10 seconds of the Auction, lasted 2 and a half hours. I spent $330 and did not win the item. I did not use the "Buy Now" since they had taken me for enough money, already. Stay off this site, unless you like to gamble. I feel like I visited a Casino. Good Luck!!!

• Bl
    Blingoe Feb 01, 2012

BEWARE! I deactivated my account after I realized what a scam this is. I had 40 remaining bids, for which I asked a refund. But, NO REFUNDS! Whoever started this is a bazillionaire by now. A super rip-off!

• Go
    Gooler Jan 31, 2012

They don't tell you that your credit card will be charged $60 before you do anything. I immediately sent e-mail to cancel & they said I would get refund in 7 days but they got MY money as soon as I clicked send. Just waned to look at what they had & not impressed.

• Mo
    Molaike Jan 24, 2012

What a waste of time!! And not to mention the money you spend!! I saw an ad that told me I'd save up to 90% on great new merchandise - that's a joke!!! Beware people ... You know the saying " if it looks too good to be true" etc. This is the perfect example! Consumers Beware!!

Cheryl-Fletcher Jan 11, 2012

question: why on earth would anyone ANYONE!!! pay for the right to bid on crap?!!!
    that should have been your first clue as to what a scam it is!!!

• Ni
    Niostole Jan 11, 2012

Terrible site. I lost each time I bid. Wasted my money. I can't believe Google lets Quibids advertise. I think Google ads are filled with scams and Google doesn't care one bit because they're making money.

• Ed
    Edkode Dec 19, 2011

Stay away it costs me $60 to waste away bids, another $45 to continue to try to purchase, was offered a $100 coupon for $86.00 plus shipping/handling. I'm out $105. with nothing. A total scam and rip off, stay away!

• Do
    Doronty Feb 01, 2011

Definately a scam. An Apple laptop just sold for $271.62 at a 0.02cent increment. It took 13, 581 bids to reach the sell price. At 0.60cent price for each bid, they made $8, 148.60 for a $1, 500 lap top. And who knows if the winner was someone that works for their company. TOTAL SCAM...

• Lo
    locknut1 Dec 19, 2010

QuiBids.com are a bunch thieves, not only do they practically rip everyone off by milking your bank account/or credit card. They also sell your personal ID information as well.
    !!!DO NOT TRUST OR USE THIS SITE, YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF !!!