PurolatorBurnaby corrier customer service is questionable

C Dec 17, 2020

Hello,

I went to pick up my package this afternoon around 3:00 PM today at the Burnaby location on 2245 Douglas Rd.
Sean (she was a Caucasian female working next to a Filipino woman name) helped me out at the front desk and I found her verbiage for her service incredibly disturbing and rude. I showed her my ID which presented my other name as I am an Asian female, and she stated that the package was in my "ENGLISH" name as she had said out loud; I had to show her another way to identify that the "ENGLISH" name on my package along with the address shown on my package was me.
I know this is the protocol Purolator follow to ensure the parcels are going to the correct individuals however, the only issue I had is how she offended me and made me feel humiliated.
I don't think this is a proper way to speak to a customer as she could've simply just asked for the name on the package.
For example, If I was an Indian descent is it ok for an employee to ask for my brown name because the parcel is under a brown name and not my English Name? and most importantly what exactly defines a name quite "English"? my
I hope you address this issue with this particular employee at this location as I do not want anybody else going through this kind of public humiliation and taking an offence to her poor verbiage in customer service.
I just wanted notify this incident to whoever it may concern as I think its vital to voice out situations like this as a customer.

Charline