ProxiBidOnline auction scams

R

I purchased a few items from an auction from Las Vegas Liquidations on ProxyBid.com. After winning the auctions I get a call from Las Vegas Liquidations with an outrageous price for shipping for these items. I buy items on other auction sites, and have for a long time, so I know how much shipping should be. They quoted me $65 to ship about 13 lbs. in items when it should have been $24 through UPS. After attempting to discuss this with the owner, Frank Odeh, he just hung up on me. Next thing I know he reports me to ProxyBid and my account gets a black flag. I called ProxyBid and they basically told me there's nothing I can do and I am done bidding on their site. I can't file a complaint against the seller, I can't do anything but pay that shipping amount to get my account back - there's nothing I can do.

With other sites out there that are reputable ProxyBid just isn't worth the headache. Also, when you go to ProxyBid.com on Google Chrome you get an alert from Google telling you the site isn't safe. Beware putting your credit card info on a site like that!!