Professional Marketing InternationalRefusal to Refund

D

In August of 2010 I signed on with Professional Marketing International (PMI) of Lehi, Utah. I was assured that within a few months I would see some viable income from a venture into the world of selling quality wine racks on the Internet. I studied the lessons they supplied, and worked hard at accomplishing everything I was advised to do. As time went on and there were no sales and thus no money coming in, I had to obtain a part time job just so I could pay essential bills and keep ahead of creditors. I fell farther and farther behind, though, as I struggled to at least make minimum payments on my debts that resulted from this association with PMI.
The company, through an advisory coach or consultant, was very much aware of my financial situation, and my availability. I dedicated every Thursday to working on the website business, since that was the only work day I was able to do so. Yet, the coach insisted on calling me for our telephone conferences six times on Fridays, out of a total of 11 times, with no rescheduling considered at all due to my working situation. Instead, PMI records show that I was a “no show!”
Wouldn’t you think, upon reviewing a list of these conferences and seeing that all of the six “no shows” were on Fridays, something was odd? Why were no attempts made by PMI to reschedule these at a time that I was available, instead of simply blowing them off? They were promised as a part of the original package. By the way, until quite recently, I was totally unaware that I was “cheated” out of these six sessions. I find that itself unbelievable.
The company never made any offer to change me to another coach until I had filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Utah on 4/25/2011. Initially, PMI offered me a $2, 000 “rebate for business expense.” Yet, they had the audacity to tell the BBB that I had received the “rebate” and “agreed to continue working with one of our top consultants.” I have NOT received a $2000 rebate, and I never agreed to continue working with this company. As a matter of fact, there was no follow-up or checking in with me to see why my site was not functioning, nor any contact from PMI, until I filed the complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
I did receive a form authorizing the monetary “rebate” a few days after their “offer.” However, I read it very carefully, and then faxed the required paperwork to PMI, attached with a noted amendment that I had written. I signed the amendment in place of the original standard form from them, the reason being that I refuse to sign any document which states that the entire situation is resolved by my signature, and that I no longer hold PMI responsible for any further action or financial reimbursement on their part. Let the consumer beware, and always read the fine print before signing anything. Or so I was taught.
Allow me to share with you that I am a scholar, researcher, a voracious reader, a published author, and an experienced educator with two Masters Degrees and two Doctorates. I trusted PMI to do a credible job, since they were recommended by a business associate of mine. I never expected to be flat broke to the tune of over $15, 000 because of the trust I had placed in PMI. All I have to show for my efforts is an extremely undesirable and damaging financial crisis.

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese Sep 06, 2012

Most people on the complaints' sites have been taken advantage of, duped, or tricked into making this terrible commitment, as I was. It is much too late for shoulda' and its buddies: coulda' and woulda'.

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese Sep 06, 2012

Most .people have been tricked or duped as I was. It is much too late for shoulda, coulda, woulda.

• Md
    mdp enterprises Sep 06, 2012

I paid PMI --- to make me a website --- Well it isn't that easy to sell on the Internet -- I never made a site because it sounded like a bad deal -- to many variables to go wrong and not make any money -- shipping fees, fees for credit cards, web fees, checking account fees, fees for product -- also need to know product before selling it -- if PMI hooked people up with drop shippers --- or people who want their product sold -- able to look at product and test it -- It would not be a bad idea --- too many variables for novices
    -- my coaches were nice but I refused to go any further --- I learned a lesson --- One needs lessons on a lot of things to be in business -- not just a little bit of marketing -- I got a book on how to sell on ebay and another book on how to sell on amazon -- there are a lot of variables -- I would not say that my experience was so bad -- not complete -- they need more -- but the top thing is you need to know your product and a good relationship with the people that buying the product from

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese Jul 14, 2012

As a Christian, I have left this matter concerning PMI up to the Lord. Just remember, you liars: what goes around comes around. Perhaps you at PMI are proud of your success and special ability in swindling and cheating honest, gullible people, such as myself and many, many others.
    Since PMI has branched out under so many new names to disguise their identity and keep up their deceitful practices, a reliable source has told me that Professional Marketing International of Lehi, Utah, has kept the same acronym, but that PMI now stands for PATHOLOGICAL MISREPRESENTATION & iNVERACITY.
    Has anyone else heard this wonderful news?

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese May 11, 2012

This is not the first time you have responded to me on this page. How does anyone know they can trust YOU? Surely, you do not get any type of refund back from PMI, if you really do so at all, without charging a FEE. After all the research I have done, and all the steps I have taken to do this on my own without shelling out more money to those who pretend to represent my interests, what guarantee can you possibly offer, since no one else seems to be able to? I can add you to my "Ignore List" like so many others. Fraud, lies, abound...

IMJustified May 11, 2012

I can help you retain a refund from PMI or any other scam company! I know through experience that getting the money back was only part of the relief that I felt. It was a GREAT feeling not having to always work on my "business" that they assured me would MAKE A LOT OF MONEY!!! That was a lie - I made NOTHING & incurred thousands in unnecessary bills (not only from PMI & the Tax Club but the stupid things that they told me that were necessary - like a business phone line, an LLC, an 800 number- I COULD GO ON & ON!! I'm STILL paying for all of that!)
    It was also GREAT SATISFACTION knowing that these scam companies didn't get my money!!!

CONTACT ME FOR HELP!!! [email protected] [protected]

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese May 03, 2012

This company is beyond disreputable and despicable. They lie and swear to it. I could write a book on how they engineered my fiasco. They use the same script and the same routine each time they sucker in a new client, just different characters or names. They are a bunch of non-Christian, expert, pathological liars. Some of the things they said in my so-called impartial arbitration through the Better Business Bureau of Utah, as well as their response to an investigation by the Attorney General of Utah, are blatant outright lies, things which never took place. I have all the documented evidence in the world to prove I am right, but all they had to do was stick to their story: "You signed the agreement; we offered you a $2000 refund IF you agreed to give us another six months to help you become successful, but you turned it down." Why would I agree to such terms when they already had my nearly $15, 000 up front before they even helped me at all? We victims face an insurmountable task. All we can do is band together and file a class action lawsuit against this monster. I am convinced that that is the only way we will ever see justice done. No one receives refunds from PMI; no one succeeds either, especially in these harsh economic times. The only one achieving success at all WHILE USING OUR MONEY is PMI!

• Cl
    Cloudy57 May 03, 2012

I was also ripped off by pmi I sign up in November 2011. December I asked for a stop payment and a refund of my investment of $ 499.99. I was told to call back in April 2012 I called back and they said no refund I could use it for credit if I wanted to continue. I send at least a dozen emails and asked for help and no one would call me they would just email me and say just do this or this. I had no idea what they where talking about so I did not get any help. I'm sure not satisfied. I have all the email I sent them.

David

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese Apr 03, 2012

PMI has NEVER refunded me any money, much less $2, 000, as claimed by Marque “Q” Trosper, Vice President, Customer Relations. That is a blatant lie. This matter has NOT been resolved legally, or otherwise.

Spencer Heward, Investigator with the Utah State Department of Commerce, Department of Consumer Protection, says PMI is not in violation of any consumer laws in Utah. Perhaps ethics and morals do not matter in Utah.

How this company has managed to hoodwink me and many, many others demonstrates how well it has mastered the art of deceit. The company employs pathological liars disguised as mentors who pounce upon and take advantage of good people.

Judging by the number of people who have filed complaints against this company and its affiliates, I am not alone. I cannot be dismissed as just an “occasional dissatisfied client, ” as Trosper labels me in his written response to Heward’s investigation. That is not the proper term for my complaint.

Mr. Trosper, write the truth. I could not complete the tutorials because you denied me access to the lessons. You locked me out of my own educational material on your PMI Education Center.

In addition, you never afforded me the opportunity to make-up sessions I missed when Mentor Jordan Foutz was fully aware of why I was unavailable at the times he insisted he call me. Despite that fact, I still completed 87% of the lessons and assignments, BUT have never received one red cent from selling products on my site, following the PMI formula for success. What a farce!

Mr. Marque “Q” Trosper, I was NEVER refunded $2, 000 on 12/13/11. Where is your proof of that claim? All that has ever happened since the woeful day you first conned me into maxing out my good wife’s Wells Fargo credit card is you and PMI have taken and run with the money. Period.

How can you or the BBB, or any arbitrator, or any so-called Consumer Protection Division call yourself truthful, or honest? You, Mr. “Q, ” have never spoken with me or communicated with me directly. Had you ever done so, instead of insulating and surrounding with your employees who told you their version of my complaint, this matter would be resolved quite some time ago. It is I who have sought resolution, not you and PMI. That says it all!

• FIAD Services Apr 02, 2012

We have done a background report on Professional Marketing International and other known accomplices (see below link) PLEASE LET US KNOW IF WE NEED TO ADD OR UPDATE ANYTHING! Please note report consists of previous client feedback who had previously done business with Professional Marketing International.

BACKGROUND REPORT – Professional Marketing International - http://fiadservices.com/company-list/reported-large-scale-scam-list/professional-marketing-international-scams/

Reported accomplices so far for Professional Marketing International;
    H.O.M.E. Inc
    H O M E Inc.
    HOME Inc.
    Tafiti Consulting

Please check out the other companies we have also been informed of listed on our site should you hear of them in the future.

FIAD Card Services (please visit our website, http://www.fiadservices.com ). We definitely can be of help if you have not yet received a full refund. We have no upfront fees and work on a contingency basis. We only need you to answer a few questions to confirm we can help. PLEASE NOTE- The original purchase date must be within the past 24 months.

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese Jan 22, 2012

In August of 2010 I signed on with Professional Marketing International (PMI) of Lehi, Utah. I was assured that within a few months I would see some viable income from a venture into the world of selling quality wine racks on the Internet. I studied the lessons they supplied, and worked hard at accomplishing everything I was advised to do. As time went on and there were no sales and thus no money coming in, I had to obtain a part time job just so I could pay essential bills and keep on top of credit card payments associated with the purchase of PMI learning materials. I fell farther and farther behind in my payments, though, as I struggled to at least make minimum payments on my debts that resulted from this association with PMI. The amount totaled nearly $15, 000.
    PMI, through an advisory coach named Jordan Foutz, was very much aware of my financial situation, and my availability. I dedicated every Thursday to working on the website business, since that was the only work day I was able to do so. Yet, the coach insisted on calling me for our telephone conferences six times on Fridays, out of a total of 11 times, with no rescheduling considered at all due to my working situation. Instead, PMI records show that I was a “no show” for these missed sessions.
    The company never made any offer to change me to another coach until I had filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of Utah on 4/25/2011. Initially, PMI offered me a $2, 000 “rebate for business expenses.” Yet, they had the audacity to tell the BBB that I had received the “rebate” and “agreed to continue working with one of our top consultants.” I have NOT received a $2000 rebate, and I never agreed to continue working with this company. As a matter of fact, there was no follow-up or checking in with me to see why my site was not functioning, nor any contact from PMI, until I filed the complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
    I trusted PMI to do a credible job, since they were recommended by a business associate of mine, Dan Vega of the Blue Star Business Institute of Springfield, MO. I never expected to be flat broke to the tune of over $15, 000 because of the trust I had placed in PMI. All I have to show for my efforts is an extremely undesirable and damaging financial crisis. Our office received the attached letter from you which indicates that you are not satisfied with the decision rendered by the arbitrator in your case, Jason Burger. While we understand your frustration, please understand that the decision is final.

After seeking resolution through the Better Business Bureau of Utah, all avenues were exhausted since PMI never was really ever interested in settling with me for a full refund. An arbitrator was assigned to the case in November 2011. I was totally stunned when his decision was the same as what PMI originally offered me. I notified the BBB of Utah that I would not comply with that decision. The letter follows:
    Regarding the Arbitration Decision of Jason Burger in my ongoing dispute with Professional Marketing International, in the many pages of documentation that I had submitted, I believe that I had made it very clear that it is impossible for me to work with PMI for a period of six more months. In these uncertain economic times, I do not possess the finances necessary to even pay for an extension of all the services and fees related to the maintenance of the website.
    All the study materials can be easily returned to PMI. I have no problem with that. The problem is money: I have none left because I put everything I had into this ill-fated investment. Therefore, I will pursue this dispute as long as I must, since there are other avenues that can be used. The reasons listed by the arbitrator in his Decision show a poor understanding or a misunderstanding of the many pages of testimony I submitted. For example, PMI knew that my site was providing no financial income for me and that I had to get some type of gainful employment before I lost my home. They knew my concerns up-front. I was always totally honest with them. Unfortunately, they were not honest with me. They made no allowances whatever for rescheduling sessions that I could not possibly attend. PMI makes it sound like I “cut” the sessions, on purpose. That is ludicrous.
    How could I be available for prearranged sessions when I was working another job because I had to generate some type of income? Thus, I HAD to be “simultaneously involved in a variety of business ventures as well as writing a book.” I still had sufficient time to “devote to the development of this business venture, ” attested by the fact that I researched and wrote many articles to promote the site, as well as studied materials on the days I did not work on my other “business ventures.”
    “If there are less time constraints on Mr. Cortese now, I recommend he take advantage of the ruling.” What if there are more time constraints now? The Arbitration Decision merely repeats the “offer” made by PMI of $2, 000 refund IF I agree to continue via their mentoring hotline for a period of six months. The Decision makes no allowance for any other alternative. That is totally unacceptable. Please notify PMI that I will no longer “take advantage of this opportunity, ” since it is not an opportunity; rather, it is an impossibility.
    I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY PMI, AND KNOW THAT I AM ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND FOR THEIR MISREPRESENTATION AND NONDELIVERANCE OF CONTRACTED SERVICES. PLEASE HELP.
    Joseph Cortese

IMJustified Jan 17, 2012

I too was scammed by PMI & The Tax Club!! I am a very wise, college educated (obviously trusting) woman who also fell for these fast talking liars!! I also tried to go the BBB, Attorney General & FTC route. This got me nowhere! Luckily I found Utah Consumer Advocate and was able to get ALL OF MY MONEY BACK!!

If you are interested in getting your money back from these thieves, please contact me at [email protected] I will steer you in the right direction to put this nightmare behind you!!

This is not another SCAM!!

• Ea
    eahtwh Jan 15, 2012

I'm still having nightmares about the $10, 000 I'm having to pay back on my credit card because of PMI. One thing you have to applaud PMI about, they have the number one scammers and liars on the internet!

Dr. Joseph F. Cortese Jan 13, 2012

Since I originally wrote my complaint, I have been compliant and followed the recommended Better Business Bureau process. This led to an arbitration process that was 100% favorable to PMI. I firmly disagreed with the hurried, BBB-backed decision, and have informed the Attorney General of Utah, whose office in investigating my case. I have not heard any positive feedback yet; perhaps justice will be served, and senior citizens who are targeted as "sucker-consumers" by marketing companies, such as PMI, will be offered some type of protection and respite from being ripped off as I was.

IMJustified Jan 04, 2012

Hello Mr. Morrisette -

I am sorry to hear about your friend. These companies do not discriminate against old, young, unemployed - they have no conscience and don't care who they rip off!! As far as putting these thieves out of business, I really don't know why it hasn't happened but slowly but surely the FTC seems to be getting a lot of these scam companies.

I am familiar with this Tally guy. Please contact me via e-mail or phone and I am sure that we can help your friend. We do not charge anything until your friend gets a refund!! We help people get their money back and it is a great feeling to see justice done!

Regards,
    Mary
    [email protected]
    [protected]

• Ro
    RON MORRISETTE Dec 30, 2011

my number is [protected] ron morrisette PMI DIRECT IS PHONE AND INTERNET SCAM...

• Ro
    RON MORRISETTE Dec 30, 2011

I AGREE WITH EVERY COMMENT HERE... MY 86 YEAR OLD FRIEND, REBECCA, WAS "TAKEN" LAST EVENING FOR $4, 300...!!! A GUY NAMED SHANNON "TALLI" OR SOMETHING SIMILAR SOUNDING, LEFT ME HIS PHONE NUMBER AND EXTENSION NUMBER... OF COURSE THERE IS A VOICE RECORDING THERE...IF YOU CAN USE THIS NUMBER TO HELP YOU GET THEIR ATTENTION, HERE IT IS...AS A CRIMINOLOGIST I DESPISE THIS TYPE VERMIN WHO EVEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SENIOR CITIZENS...!!! [protected] EXT 3826 FOR SHANNON WHO IS A CON MAN... MY NAME IS RON M. AND ANYONE CAN CALL ME ABOUT LINKING UP OUR RESOURCES AND CONTACTS ON PUTTING THESE THIEVES OUT OF BUSINESS..!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR..!!!

IMJustified Nov 15, 2011

I have been through these HORRIBLE experiences with both the Tax Club and PMI. With the help of UCA (Utah Consumer Advocate) I was able to receive refunds from both companies and cut my ties from them completely!! Please call or email me if you would like assistance in obtaining a refund!

Mary
    [email protected]
    [protected] x720

• Fr
    frstrated mom Sep 17, 2011

I have had a similar experience. I signed up in Nov 2010 and have only had money taken out of my account monthly. No Help from them at all. I am about to call to try and get a refund or at least make them stop taking money out of my account for the nothing that they do. Any suggestions?

• Ba
    BarefootBoy Jul 14, 2011

There is no "second chance." They say that if you do not make your initial investment back in 6 months, they will work with you for another 6 months. I made no money in my first 6 months and no money in my second 6 months. I did get back all my initial "investment" but only after writing a summary and mailing it to: FBI, Sheriffs, Chiefs of Police, Attorney Generals, Better Business Bureau, Chambers of Commerce, and Utah Division of Consumer Protection in 4 States, Arizona, Utah, Missouri and Mississippi. I am out all of my time and 15 months of interest on my credit card. Detective Mark Birch of the Lehi Police Department contacted me and discussed my options. Get some help from somebody who can guide you through writing your account. Watch spelling and sentence structure.

• Ac
    Accepstores Jul 04, 2011

We are Claudia and Alejandro Avalos in October 2010 we signed with PMI for training and advising to establish a business in internet. We completed part of the sessions by internet. We were stopped when we chossen a product to sell. We hab not sucess. We chossen a second prodcut without sucess too. At this moment, we do not have any business in internet and we have to paid our credit cards 10, 100 dls.
    We had request to PMI for refund our invesment, but they offer us "a second chance". We do not thrust them. We want our money back and fogget this bad experience. So, We want to know peopele with similar situtation with PMI to join with us to make a legal complaint against PMI.

• Ba
    BarefootBoy Jun 02, 2011

Matches my experience with PMI.