Premier Parking Enforcementcar boot scam - atlanta, ga

B

I got 2 boots over a nonlegal handicapped parking spot in #93 in the first lot past 51 Peachtree Center Ave. There are no signs, no blue lines, no stickers at the $3 pay slot, but there is a faint blue square. Next spot 94 was occupied when I arrived, but vacant when I found my boots It is marked much more clearly than 93. You decide Scam or fair? It cost me $75 and an hour of my time. I am a Birmingham resident and pray that practice gets banished or only for the extreme non-payers of legitimate parking violations.

• Ji
    Jim Hand May 27, 2019

Boot Man Inc DBA Premier Parking Enforcement - Scammers! I parked at 811 Peachtree Street this morning to have breakfast at Babs. I parked in spot #16 and went to the machine to pay. It would not process 2 of my credit cards so I tried to put cash in and it wouldn't pull the $5 bill in. So, I went to breakfast. When I came out, there were two boots on my car. The guy putting the boots on was parked in the lot! My car was not the only one booted either. Pretty good business to rip people off - machine won't let you pay $5, so they collect $75. This is not a coincidence - this is criminal.

Lisa Wells Jun 28, 2019

@Jim Hand These parking enforcement people need to be outlawed, it's extreme punishment.

• Us
    user1790869 Jan 26, 2018

This company is legalized theft and deception and Atlanta's political figures are just as guilty. The man booting me is lucky he did not get a bullet in the head. [censor] thieves!

• Sc
    scam_atlanta Mar 26, 2017

Definitely a scam and very negative impact for the City of Atlanta. This was my worst experience compared to all other travels across the U.S. and leaves a very bad taste. Can't believe this goes on/ is allowed to continue. IF you are in the wrong, normal states leave you a reasonable parking ticket and then you pay it or get fined...not a boot on all 4x tires when you park briefly in the empty lot at 11pm at night...and certainly not required to pay only cash ($75) to the scary guy standing there otherwise you are not leaving...

• St
    Stacey Messner McGrath Apr 02, 2016

This company is an ugly stain on Atlanta. They will slowly kill businesses by the parking areas they operate out of. I parked my car in a private parking garage to meet a friend for a quick birthday lunch. I parked in a "retail" spot with a two hour limit. When I returned LESS than two hours later, boots had been put on the front and back tires of my (brand-new!) car. I didn't see the boots and tried to back up. I had to wait almost an hour for the premier parking guy to arrive, who then extorted $75 from me before he would remove the boots. This company and their practices are criminal. Lanier parking denies any relationship with this extortion outfit. However they're clearly in cahoots with them in allowing Premier to operate in their garages and boot and scam money from their parking customers. These two outfits are the lowest form of life, and leadership in Atlanta needs to take steps to shut them down.

Comments

Lisa Wells Jun 28, 2019

@Stacey Messner McGrath An ugly stain, well said. I have not seen this practice in other states used as a first measure for minor parking violations.

• Ga
    Gatita1 Mar 23, 2016

I agree severely with this booting scam. me and my sister are from out of town and had to attend a legal matter in atlanta on march 10. we parked at a lot and paid for 3 hours parking as we thought it should only take a couple hours to attend the matter. we are out of town people and thought that if it took longer that we would pay the extra amount which was $15. for up to 12 hours. when we were finally able to leave the meeting, we walked back to the lot, inserted money into the machine to pay the extra and then went to the car and found a boot. we paid for 3 hours in advance and returned 6 hours later. the same day and paid for the up to 12 hours fee but we had to pay $75 anyway!!! I can understand if we had left the car overnight and hadn't paid but come on. this is atlanta!!*. if you are from out of the area you will get lost walking around. this is ridiculous and robbery!!! so the total paid for 9 hrs parking was $90. this is theft!!!

• Hu
    Huynh11 Nov 06, 2012

Premier Parking is a scam! They rip people off to stay in business. I purchased gas at BP on Boulevard and then walked across the street to purchase food to go. I was gone for 5 minutes max. When I returned there as a boot on my car, I payed $75 for the removal. I have disputed the charge with Premier Parking twice and have not heard any thing back. I am going to dispute the charge with BP, my credit card company, and the city in which Premier Parking is working out of. I am so disgusted with this incident.

• De
    DebbieAS Jun 27, 2012

I parked at an "all day" lot. Granted there was an expiration time stamped on the receipt, but a parking lot employee handed me the receipt and told me to put it on my dashboard. If your receipt is locked in your car and the lot says all day parking, why would anyone even look for an expiration time? My "all day" $10 parking cost me $85 for 9 hours.

• Fe
    FemaleJohnnyCochran Mar 06, 2012

I have taken it upon myself to fight this issue with regards to the illegal booting practices of premier parking enforcement. they unlawfully booted my vehicale stating that I was illegally parked in a space that I had just parked in the day before and always park in when the space is open. I contacted everyone short of kasim reed (mayor of the city of atlanta), but nothing. the lot managment company says that because they are hired by the city of atlanta and premier is hired separately by the city of atlanta there's nothing they can do. the management company did look into my claims, offered me free parking for a week, but could do noting in reversing the $75 booting fee. I appreciate lanier, but that doesn't pacify me and it damn sure doesn't make the illegal booting practices of premier parking enforcement acceptable. we have to ban together and challenge the booting company and the city of atlanta. we have to hold them accountable for allowing these illegal practices and I plan to do so!

Lisa Wells Jun 28, 2019

@FemaleJohnnyCochran I'm with you.

• Da
    Daled12 Dec 15, 2011

I received a boot along with a friend of a friend in the same parking lot on 75 14th street atlanta ga.
    This is located next to cosmolava and opera nightclub.
    The parking company is premiere parking.
    I called to have a the police come to document the claim and they stated they could not do anything about it and it is a civil matter. I was accompanied by my attorney friend during this incident.
    I paid the 5 dollar parking fee to park and ended up paying a $75 dollar parking fine to remove the boot.
    The police officers names were wm. smart and j. s. lencrerot #6647 zone 5 police officer of atlanta city police.
    They were both able to verify that there was money in about every slot for money for the parking areas.
    The premier parking worker, jermaine yee, # 28266 was unwilling to open the money slots even though money could be physically seen in it. claimed that both myself and my friend's friend put just one dollar in the slot and not a $5 bill to the police. we arrive at different times and just by chance parked at the same place, and by chance knew each other.
    I am interested in participating in a class lawsuit if on should be conducted. daledtodd (at) yahoo.com

charlescope Dec 10, 2011

I agree with the victim here, this company has a f rating with the bbb in the area for booting practices that are unfair. the booting is outlaw in cherokee county ga but still legal in fulton but when enough people complain we can have the law changed. this hurt the atlanta area because people visit the city and get extorted for parking. the city spends lot of money trying to bring tourist to the city and this company is doing more damage in ten minutes to the image of the city than all the advertising can do in a year. let hope atlanta don't become know as boot capital of the south.

charlescope Dec 10, 2011

I agree this company is a scam.

jaberwocky Nov 09, 2011

"You decide Scam or fair?"

fair