PorscheDamage to vehicle while in for warranty repair

A Oct 01, 2020

Hope all is well. I recently had my vehicle serviced at Paul Miller Porsche in Parsippany, NJ, whereby the vehicle was in for service for over 3 weeks (8/27 through 9/19). Upon picking up the vehicle on Saturday, 9/19, I noticed that there was paint irregularities on the driver side door once I arrived home. Once inspecting further, I observed paint irregularities throughout the driver side door (e.g., fish eyes, orange peel, chipping, bubbling, overspray), as well as overspray on the drivers side front/rear quarter panel, as well as the hood of the vehicle, indicative of recent body repair. The vehicle was clearly repaired/repainted while in the possession of the dealership, with terrible results. I immediately contacted the service advisor assigned to me that day to notify her of my findings, including images of the paint imperfections. The next day, I went to a local auto body shop and reviewed the damage, whereby I took pictures/videos of the shop managers assessment, clearly indicating poorly applied fresh paint, which I shared with my service advisor at the dealership. I received a call on 9/21/20, whereby the service advisor insisted she was unaware of any damage/repairs, and was adamant about notifying me if any damages/repairs occurred while in the dealerships possession. I purchased the vehicle in April, and have had it serviced on a few occasions with this dealership during my ownership. Ultimately, the vehicle did not arrive at the dealership with those imperfections, as I'm very meticulous with the vehicle since purchasing, in fact hand washing it regularly myself. The car also had a ceramic coat finish applied prior to purchase, whereby imperfections clearly stand out. My biggest concern is that something clearly happened while in the possession of the dealership for 3.5 weeks, yet nothing was brought to my attention, nor is anyone accepting responsibility for the damage/botched repair. I know have a vehicle with a completely botched paint job that needs to be redone, including the overspray on several surfaces throughout the vehicle and compromised ceramic coating. The diminished value due to these repairs is clearly another concern/issue that needs to be addressed. The service manager notified me that the general manager of the dealership would be contacting me to discuss/review the incident after I visited/reviewed the damage with him on 9/28/20, whereby he also denied any wrongdoing and sent me off insisting "I do what I have to do". Images of the vehicle were not taken when I initially dropped off, and I'm asking that the dealership review video footage to determine if damage was caused on their premises, or off premises while being driven by staff during diagnostic testing. If the responsibility is not taken on the part of the dealership for this damage/botched repair, I'll be seeking legal action to address this incident properly, as well as voice additional complaints with the state attorney general and FTC. If you would like photos of the aforementioned issues, please reach out to discuss, as my insurance company will also be reaching out to the dealership for additional information. I'm hoping this matter can be resolved in a satisfactory/timely manner, as all other interactions with this dealership have been extremely pleasant prior to this incident. Thanks in advance for your time.