Menu
Penzeys Spices Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Penzeys Spices
reviews & complaints

www.penzeys.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

1.7 11 Reviews

Penzeys Spices Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
1 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Penzeys Spices at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Penzeys Spices has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Penzeys Spices. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Newest Penzeys Spices reviews & complaints

K
1:46 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Exceptional service and cuisine at the best steakhouse in town

They are horrible racist's that would rather watch America being burned by nazis than admit they were wrong.

B
1:00 am EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Disappointing Experience with Penzeys Spices: Moldy Cumin, Dirty Store, and Overpriced Products

As someone who values the quality and integrity of my spices, I was incredibly disheartened by my experience with Penzeys Spices. Despite purchasing a supposedly brand new container of cumin, I was dismayed to find that the spice was already growing mold across the top upon opening it. This is certainly not the kind of quality I would expect from a company that is supposed to specialize in spices.

Furthermore, the rumors I've heard from former employees of the company that the store is consistently dirty and getting written up for code violations only added more fuel to my disappointment. As someone who is dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle, the thought of eating anything that has been produced in such an unhygienic environment is a huge turn-off.

Lastly, the prices of the spices at Penzeys were simply not worth it. I understand that quality ingredients are worth paying a premium for, but in this case, the high price point was simply not justifiable, given the apparent lack of attention paid towards maintaining a clean and safe environment.

Overall, my experience with Penzeys Spices was a huge letdown, and I definitely would not recommend them to anyone else looking to purchase high-quality, hygienic spices.

O
11:08 pm EDT
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Penzeys Spices: A Controversial Marketing Approach, But Premium Products

Penzeys Spices is a company that has been providing high-quality spices to its customers for many years, and it has become a popular choice among many people. However, there are some who have criticized the company for allegedly promoting hatred towards others as a tactic to increase profits.

While some people may feel that the company's marketing tactics are questionable, there is no denying that Penzeys Spices offers a wide variety of spices that are of excellent quality. Whether you're looking for something to add some heat to your favorite dish or you're searching for a unique seasoning blend to take your cooking to the next level, this company has got you covered.

Despite the controversy surrounding Penzeys Spices' marketing tactics, they have managed to capture the attention of many people who are passionate about cooking and food. Many of their customers appreciate the high quality of their products and the range of unique spice blends they offer.

It's important to note that not everyone agrees with the company's marketing strategies, and while their tactics might be controversial, they definitely get people talking. Whether you're a fan of Penzeys Spices or not, it's clear that this is a company that has made a name for itself within the culinary world, and they will likely continue to be a popular choice for people who are looking for high quality spices and seasonings. The key takeaway here is that while you may not agree with their tactics, there's no denying the quality of their products.

Is Penzeys Spices legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Penzeys Spices as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Penzeys Spices stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Penzeys Spices should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Penzeys Spices earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Penzeys Spices achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Penzeys Spices has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Penzeys.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Penzeys Spices website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Penzeys.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Penzeys Spices as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

We looked up Penzeys Spices and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

Penzeys.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Penzeys Spices protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
  • The website associated with Penzeys Spices sells gift cards, but it's important to be cautious when making a purchase. Verify the gift card's value and expiration date, check for customer service contact information, and use a trusted payment method.
  • Penzeys Spices has been identified as a website that sells popular products that scammers often use to take advantage of unsuspecting customers. We recommend exercising caution and thoroughly researching the legitimacy of the website before making a purchase.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Penzeys Spices. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
A
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Disappointing Experience with Penzey's Spices: Intolerant Practices and Lackluster Products

Unfortunately, I must express my deep disappointment about my experience with Penzey's Spices. While the concept of receiving a spice assortment as a gift was certainly exciting, I was incredibly dismayed to learn of the company's intolerant practices. It is truly regrettable that someone would waste their hard-earned money on supporting a brand that perpetuates unacceptable behavior and rhetoric.

The fact that this company is known for condemning and labeling nearly half of the American population as racists is disturbing and disheartening. It is reprehensible to me that a business would use such negative tactics in their marketing and outreach efforts. Sadly, this casts a shadow over the products themselves, as well as the overall integrity of the company.

As far as the actual spice collection itself, I must admit, I was highly unimpressed. The quality and flavor of the products fell far below my expectations. I found them lackluster and unremarkable, with nothing especially distinctive or remarkable to set them apart from other, more reputable spice brands. In other words, this is not even a product I would consider keeping for my own use, let alone gifting it to another.

All in all, for anyone considering purchasing Penzey's Spices, I would highly suggest thinking twice. While it may appear to be a tempting option, it is not worth supporting a company that is so willing to engage in divisive and hurtful practices toward fellow Americans. There are numerous other spice companies that produce high-quality products without resorting to such harmful tactics. Save your money and seek out a more conscientious, trustworthy brand instead.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Mixed Experience with Penzeys Spices: Fantastic Options, but Some Bottles Missed the Mark

Recently, I've been exploring my culinary creativity and stumbled upon Penzeys Spices. As a first-time customer to their online store, I was excited to try out a few of their specialty blends. However, my experience with two of the bottles I purchased left me feeling underwhelmed. Upon opening these specific bottles, I was hit with a strong and unusual aroma that was very off-putting. To make matters worse, the labels on both bottles were coming off, which made me distrust the quality of the product.

Ultimately, I decided to dispose of them, feeling disappointed that I had spent a significant amount of money on them. As someone who values the quality of my cooking ingredients, I found these spices to be quite pricey. While I appreciated the unique offerings of Penzeys Spices, this outcome has given me pause in regards to whether or not I would give them another shot.

Aside from this experience, I want to acknowledge that Penzeys Spices has a wide range of spices and seasoning blends that are absolutely fantastic. For instance, their cinnamon has an aroma that encapsulates the essence of fall and their garlic powder is an absolute game-changer in any savory dish. As such, I believe it's important for me to leave an honest review, and state that while my experience with the aforementioned bottles wasn't great, I still believe that Penzeys Spices has high-quality products overall.

Penzeys Spices Penzeys Spices Review: Overpriced and Underwhelming

As a self-proclaimed spice connoisseur, I have always been on the lookout for the best quality products to add that extra oomph to my cooking. Hence, I decided to give Penzeys Spices a shot and see if they could deliver the desired flavor punch.

However, I must admit that I was thoroughly disappointed with my experience with Penzeys Spices. In comparison to my trusted brands like McCormick for spices and Litehouse for herbs, the spices from Penzeys were either on par or less satisfying. There was nothing extraordinary about their products which made them stand out from the crowd.

What made things worse for me was the exorbitant cost of their spices. I was taken aback to see that Penzeys charged six times more than others! And yet, I didn't see what justifies the cost. In fact, I felt that I was paying extra for something that was mediocre at best.

Thus, I would strongly advise against buying Penzeys Spices. There are plenty of other brands that provide much better quality products at reasonable prices. So, save your money and avoid the disappointment that I went through.

M
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Penzeys: The Ultimate Spice Destination for Food Lovers and Gift Givers Alike

When it comes to spices, there's no denying that Penzeys is a top player in the game. Their selection is truly impressive, surpassing even some of the best ethnic shops out there. And it's not just the range of spices they offer that's noteworthy – it's also the quality. From aromatic cardamom pods to fiery cayenne pepper, their spices are second to none in terms of rich flavor and potency.

But it's not just the savory spices that have earned Penzeys a loyal following. Their sweet offerings are equally amazing, particularly their outrageously delicious hot cocoa powder. Trust us – it's a game-changer. Whether you're making a mug for yourself on a cold winter night or gifting a jar to a friend, this cocoa is guaranteed to impress.

Of course, Penzeys isn't just a great place to shop for yourself – it's also an ideal spot to find culinary gifts for the foodies in your life. Whether you're putting together a spice-centric gift basket or selecting individual jars for someone who loves to cook, Penzeys is sure to have something that will blow their taste buds away.

So if you're looking to up your spice game (or simply want to treat your taste buds), head over to Penzeys and get ready to be wowed. With top-quality spices and a vast selection, it's hard to go wrong.

S

Penzeys Spices Exceptional Spices and Service: A Review of Penzey's Spices

Penzey's Spices is an exceptional company that offers a wide range of high-quality spices that are sure to enhance the flavor of any dish. Their customer service is undeniably impeccable, ensuring that clients receive nothing but the best experience with every order.

A courteous representative took my order on a Thursday, and to my surprise, it arrived on Friday! The prompt delivery was remarkable, and it is a testament to this company's commitment to satisfying their clients' needs. I have previously relied on visiting their local store, but with free shipping being offered in an email newsletter, I decided to give it a try. The experience was nothing short of amazing, and I have no doubt that I will use it again in the future.

I must admit, though, that the quality of their spices is what truly sets them apart. They are undoubtedly the best on the market, and it shows in the flavorful dishes that I have been able to prepare since I started using them. I appreciate that they are consistently fresh, aromatic, and flavorful, which is why I highly recommend them to anyone who values the quality of their food.

Overall, Penzey's Spices is a great company that truly cares about its clients. From their excellent customer service to their high-quality ingredients, you can count on them to deliver an exceptional experience every time. I will continue to patronize this top-notch company for all my spice needs!

C
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Mixed Experience with Penzeys Spices and Disappointment with Email Marketing Campaign

As a longtime patron of Penzeys Spices, I must say that my experience with their products and services has been quite mixed. While I have found several of their spices to be mediocre in terms of flavor and quality, there were a few unique blends that I absolutely adored and kept coming back for.

However, my recent encounter with their email marketing campaign left me feeling quite disappointed and outraged. I appreciate when a company takes a stand on important social and political issues, but what I saw in Penzeys' emails was not a thoughtful argument based on facts, but rather a series of incoherent rants filled with political bias and hate speech.

What struck me the most was the blatant accusation that anyone who disagrees with the author's views is inherently a racist who buys weapons to target black people. Not only is this statement baseless and offensive, it also goes against the very essence of good business practices. As a loyal customer, I expect to be treated with respect and professionalism, regardless of our divergent views.

All in all, while I still appreciate the unique blends that Penzeys Spices offers, I am deeply disappointed in their recent political rants and feel that they have crossed the line in their communication with customers. As a company that prides itself in promoting high-quality products and ethical trade practices, it is crucial that they also uphold the values of inclusivity, diplomacy, and mutual respect, especially in the charged political climate we are currently facing.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Unsolicited Anger: A Review of Penzey's Spices' Customer Communication

Recently, my experience with Penzey's Spices left me with a taste that was less than pleasant. I was excited to finally explore their wide selection of spices and ordered one that I needed for an upcoming recipe. Little did I know that the spice wouldn't be the only thing arriving in my inbox.

Prior to receiving my order, I found myself receiving three angry emails that were authored by the owner of the company himself. The subject line was "Stop Republican Racism", which was alarming enough for me. As I read through the emails, I was surprised at the level of anger and hostility that seemed to envelop every word.

While some of the topics being discussed were important and timely, I couldn't shake off the feeling of discomfort that came with reading them. There was an underlying sense of aggression and frustration that made me question the intentions of the emails. Additionally, the fact that these messages were unsolicited made me even more uneasy.

Frustrated by my experience, I reached out to Penzey's Spices and requested a refund. They agreed to process my refund once the spice was returned, which I appreciated.

As someone who values opinions and perspectives, regardless of their alignment with my own beliefs, I was saddened to see the extreme nature of the company's communications. It was clear that there was a lot of emotion and anger behind the messages, and I couldn't help but feel that it was unhealthy for both the sender and the receiver.

My hope is that the owner of Penzey's Spices can find another outlet to share his opinions and bring light to important issues. In the meantime, I worry that his employees may be faced with the challenge of making up for the damage caused by upset customers.

Despite this experience, I still believe in the power and beauty of spices, and hope that those who choose to shop at Penzey's Spices have a more pleasant experience than I did.

O
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Penzeys Spices Penzeys Spices: A Review of Flavor and Controversy

Penzeys Spices have long been a popular choice for adventurous home cooks and professional chefs alike. Their wide range of delectable herbs and seasonings consistently deliver top-notch flavor profiles that elevate any dish to new heights. However, it's no secret that the company and its owner have recently become mired in controversy.

Some individuals have taken issue with the fact that the owner, Bill Penzey, has been vocal about his political beliefs and has adamantly voiced his opposition to certain policies and ideologies. Some have even gone so far as to call his actions "disgusting" and his words "garbage." However, it's important to note that while it's understandable that some individuals may not see eye-to-eye with Mr. Penzey on certain issues, it's vital to recognize that his company's high-quality products and dedication to customer satisfaction have never been called into question.

Those who have taken the time to peruse Penzeys Spices' extensive collection of herbs and seasonings can attest to the sheer variety and exceptional quality of their products. From traditional favorites like basil and thyme to more exotic offerings like zatar and sumac, Penzeys Spices has something for every palate. Additionally, their commitment to sourcing fair trade and organic ingredients means that customers can feel good about supporting a company that cares about the environment and ethical business practices.

Ultimately, while some may take issue with Mr. Penzey's personal beliefs, there is no denying that Penzeys Spices remains a top-notch purveyor of high-quality seasonings and herbs. Anyone who appreciates bold, delicious flavors owes it to themselves to check out what Penzeys Spices has to offer.

Penzeys Spices Customer Reviews Overview

Penzeys Spices is a highly rated company by customers nationally and internationally. Their customers applaud them for their high-quality products, timely deliveries, and exceptional customer service. In addition, Penzeys Spices provides an extensive range of spices and seasonings to suit every recipe, ranging from sweet to savory. Their website is user-friendly and enables customers to sort by food category and dietary preference. Penzeys Spices has excellent customer service, aiming to please each customer by answering every query promptly. In fact, their customer service representatives are prompt and efficient in taking orders, handling returns and resolving issues. The company has also received praise for its eco-friendly packaging and its commitment to quality. Finally, shoppers who sign up for the Penzeys Spices newsletter receive discounts and promotional offers. Overall, customers are highly satisfied with their experiences with Penzeys Spices and recommend others to the company.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Penzeys Spices contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Penzeys Spices?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Penzeys Spices Customer Service. Initial Penzeys Spices complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Penzeys Spices above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Penzeys Spices. Discuss the issues you have had with Penzeys Spices and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.