Orangutan Home Servicesair conditioning repair

M Aug 14, 2018

07/24/18 AC went out
07/25/18 appt scheduled for 12-5. Got a call at around 4pm that tech will not be able to make it until after 5pm. Rescheduled for 07/26/18, this caused an inconvenience due to the fact that I had to leave work early, just for no one to show up.
07/26/18 tech John shows up, says the coil needs to be replaced. Very pushy trying to sell new units rather than repair. Did not answer any questions. Acted as if he had no concern and just wanted me to pay. Didn't spend anytime looking over the out side unit he was sure it was the coil and just told me prices. Took a check for Freon for $490 since home warranty was covering everything except the freon in order for the coil to be ordered.
07/27/18 we had to call to find out if part has been ordered. Was told tech did not send info over to AHS (American Home Shield) for approval. We had to get AHS on 3 way to get it taken care of, unsure why I had to do my own foot work to insure my service call was being addressed. No professionalism or customer service, It is not the customers responsibility to make sure you guys are doing what you have been paid to do.
07/30/18 called to see when part will be available, was told AHS can give me an ETA. That same evening got AHS on the line, they said they have already authorized repairs. And it was up to the repair contractor to order the part once authorization was given.
07/31/18 Gal from AHS followed up with Orangutan in the AM, was told by Tiffany the part was expected to be in same day around 2pm and they would be calling me to schedule. In afternoon a guy called to schedule a tech out to my house the same day to get a part number. My wife asked why he needed a part number when it was suppose to be here today. He would not answer her, said she had to talk to Richard, the manager for AHS. My wife called Richard, he was very rude. Raised his voice at her in frustration when she was asking questions. Told her the tech screwed up and did not get the serial number and they have not even ordered the part yet.. I called in and requested to speak to a manager and was transferred to a guy named Moe, who didn't seem to know anything and didn't seem to have much leadership/managerial experience what so ever. He told me that he would get with Richard to find out what went wrong and he told me he would return my call once he knew what the issue was. I still haven't heard from Moe. That same evening a tech showed up (after my wife had to leave work early again). Did not have a ladder to get into the attic. Was not able to find a part number. Was frustrated he could not reach anyone in the office. I told him to "take the part, obviously it was not working anyways". He said he was only a maintenance guy and was not EPA certified to remove the part.
08/03/18 scheduled repair. Edwardo shows up with the wrong part!! I was so disappointed at this point I asked to speak to a real manager, I spoke to Scott. I relayed my frustration to Scott and made him aware of the entire process. Scott couldn't speak for anyone other then himself and assured me that I would have air until the part arrived. However, Edwardo tried to fill the system for a temporary fix (which we were never offered previously Note the dates in question). Temp fix lasted about 12 hours due to the fact that the lines outside leaked all the refrigerant out from the hole in the cooling lines. Not necessarily just from my leaking coil.
08/07/18 repair finally complete, Edwardo was the third tech from your company to come out. He was the only one to take the time to actually inspect my system and show any concern that we had been without A/C for two weeks at this time. Edwardo is the only one that I have anything positive to say about.
This is the WORST customer service that i have ever experienced from anywhere. People have the right to be treated with courtesy, professionalism and sometimes a little empathy goes a long way. You should be ashamed of your performance, and I would hope that you take true measures to insure that no one in the valley gets treated as unprofessionally as we did.
Matt Stewart