OOkisaFraud and lies

S

The marketing for OOKISA hair products is a scam regardless of any product merit. I ordered the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL and paid 5.95 s&h. The terms are only partly disclosed in the banner ad and order page. The wording is vague and intentionally deceptive. These merely state you must cancel before the trial period ends otherwise they will send another shipment and charge you $100 for it. Obviously, you assume you will have 30 days to cancel. But after you place the order, OOKISA immediately sends an e-mail confirmation with fine print stating you have only 20 days to cancel, not 30 days. Upon delivery, the invoice for the 30-DAY FREE TRIAL states at the bottom you must notify them in 14 days to cancel. If you don't see that you won't notice that your 30-DAY FREE TRIAL has now been changed to only 14 days. That's how they unexpectedly get you for the first $100 automatic shipment after just 14 days. When I called OOKISA within 20 days to complain, the operator awkwardly tried to play semantic games with their wording and shipping times to justify how their 30 day free trial period actually equals only 14 days. It's a scam to get your credit card # and automatically charge $100 before you realize it. Upon closer inspection, the bottom of the invoice even states they will not process any refunds for packages marked Return To Sender and all sales are final and non-refundable after the 14-DAY FREE TRIAL period. How does a 30-DAY FREE TRIAL suddenly change to a 14-DAY FREE TRIAL period after they get your credit card number? This is a well-planned scam played out on the Internet to separate victims from their money.

With a simple internet search, I see a lot of people have complaints against OOKISA. The trial offers vary slightly, but the result is always to get the credit card number and charge for the first order before the customer can cancel. The OOKISA website also displays a trial offer of 14 days, but this is not the same as the special 30-day trial they advertise in banner ads, like the one I clicked.

• Eu
    eussavis Apr 23, 2014

I found I liked the product but the above complaints are very valid. Especially about their company representatives. Every time you call them you get a different answer. BAD COMPANY!

• Vl
    VLB1 Jul 12, 2013

I have been using this product for two years with excellent results. I first ordered the trial size and then switched to full size delivered automatically. When I found that I was not using enough to get it every month I called and they changed it to every other month. I now have it delivered every 4 months. They have always been courteous, I have never had a billing problem or any issue with anyone at this company. If you notice the information in many of the complaints, people admit that they did not read the details of the process. Because they did not do their homework it seems as though they jumped to conclusions and assumed that this company was ripping them off. I have always treated every representative of this company with respect and they have done the same for me. My hair looks great, it is thicker, shinier and healthier than it was before I started using their products. I say try it and decide for yourself and pay attention to how the process works and everything will be fine. It's not a scam and it's a great product. Hope this helps.

• Sc
    scammedintx Mar 24, 2011

Like others I was also scammed by Ookisa. I received the risk free trial offer I paid the s&h and tried it. Did not like it. I called to the the return authorization and the women I talked to extended my trial instead and told me to try it a little longer. I told her I just wanted to return but she would not authorize it. After the extended time I called again and found they had already drew the money from my account and that it was too late. That I could not get my money back and that they would cancel future orders. I told them This is a SCAM. I wanted to return but they refused to accept it. He hung up on me.

Julia McClarty Mar 03, 2011

I diagree with the one's saying what they said, I ordered in 2010 and did not wash my hair every day because I wore a weave, but after taking my weave out, I was so excited, my hair was so long silver in color. I am happy to say my hair has never been this long and thick and beautiful. Julia in Port Huron, Mich.

• Pe
    penny39 Feb 08, 2011

I've ordered it to arrive in April once again. I control when it arrives and payment.

Comments

• Pe
    penny39 Feb 08, 2011

I've been using Ookisa products for two years. Any item purchased through the internet should assumed to be on auto-ship and any adult internet consumer should know that fact. I tailored my order to suit me as any adult should and not whine about getting 'taken'. The product is so wonderful, it's worth doing so. I have extremely long hair. Ookisa has brought back shine and brilliance along with a youthful bounce. Two years, no complaints. Adults need to take charge of their own finances and tailor your own business transactions.Read the print and decide...Ookisa is so worth the price.

Comments

• Pu
    PuttingOokisaOutOfBusiness Jan 16, 2011

Amendement to first post: Another thing I do for rich hair is to soak, the ends especially, in olive oil, steam my hair over a pot of boiling water and wrap it in a towel for about an hour - or overnight. A friend of mine uses coconut oil to the same good effect. Then wash, being careful no to entirely strip the olive oil out of the ends by shampooing them vigorously. Takes years off!

• Pu
    PuttingOokisaOutOfBusiness Jan 16, 2011

I was going to look into Ooskisa, but after googling info on them, I ran into this site and so very glad I did, though I am also so very sad for those who were scammed. I have no idea where the company originates from, but if the BBB and Attorney General's office don't help, this sort of alert that you all have posted here will. They lost me as a potential victim, that's for sure. Those two posts that laud both product and costumer service are so obviously penned by employees of the company - they are so transparent, they could be used for glass plate windows.
    The one thing that DOES work - and Japanese women use it all the time – is the soybean. I buy soybeans from the health food store for about $1 a pound. One pound will last a week. You soak the beans over night, drain them and throw them in the freezer until you are ready to cook them, otherwise the cooking process, after soaking, will take about 7 hours before they are tender. Freezing them helps them to cook a bit faster - about 2 hours. Then I drain, and, depending on the time I have (I work 10 hour days), I throw them in a blender or food processor and give it a whirl until I have essentially mush. This I mix with oatmeal, season and fry in olive oil as patties. Or, one could simply eat them without putting them in a blender, mixing them with salsa or other good things. Half a cup a day will restore thinning hair. Thin hair runs in my family. Soybeans mimic estrogen, the hormone that gives women lush hair. You can actually have it all back after a certain age and it costs only about $1 a week or $4 a month - quite a savings from Ookisa and totally natural. And a great protein source as well.
    So - soybeans coupled with Biotin - that ought to be what everyone is looking for. Spread the word via Twitter, Facebook and Wordpress. Let's put Ookisa out of business today!

• Am
    amie1521 Dec 31, 2010

I just read some of these and looked at my printout and saw that my trial was on 14 days!!! Not 30, or 20, but 14!!! So, now, I am going to be charged another $100 for a product that really isn't THAT great!!! Wow!! And this is what the BBB is supposed to be there for and they just let you get screwed. Welcome to America!!! Home of the free, ha ha ha. Home of the FRAUD.

JohnMill Nov 25, 2010

CROOKS
    Ookisa said they would return my money but did not. They are complete crooks.
    Never again will I try anything over the Internet.
    Live and learn!

• Aw
    A word of Advice Oct 24, 2010

Hey people! There is a Dietary Supplement that is available in the vitamin department called "Biotin" capsules that is specifically for enhancing hair, nails, and skin! Doctors even recommend it, and you can purchase the 1000mcg or the super potency 5000mcg, and even my dentist recommended it, so i and my mother has been taking it for over 3-months, due to we having thin hair, and i have noticed i was starting to loose more hair, and WOW!! I am seeing a difference with my hair, its growing and feels thicker, and I am not loosing 15 to 20 strands every morning when I first brush it!!! You can get this capsule supplement at Wal-mart, Walgreen, Dollar Star, Vitamin Store, etc.
    Just give it a couple of months, and you will start seeing results!! Have a nice day!!!

• Be
    Belinda T Sep 17, 2010

I too ordered this product. I did not fail to see that it had to be returned in thirty days or they would send more shipments and bill me for it. The only thing I failed to do was to google the company. I carefully read online EVERYTHING, even about how to return it, before I "signed on the dotted line". I saw no difference in mine or my daughters hair. I sent it back...in a 3-5 day priority box. After two weeks they claimed that they had not received it. Now, two months later, they still say that they have not received it. I disputed the charge at my bank. There will be an investigation into it. My bank has issued me a refund and I plan to do everything up to contacting Governor Schwarzenegger himself to get this company out of business. What is this country becoming????

• Ve
    Very Upset47 Jun 15, 2010

DO NOT ORDER

When I ordered this product I did not see the terms and condition box to read. I'm always careful about ordering items on line. All I thought this was a 30 day free trial, that is what it says on their website... I thought I was going to get an email from them reminding me about my 30 days being up and if I would like to order their product..Next thing I know I get my credit card statement in the mail and I was charged the $89.95 for the product. Why would I order something for that amount if I thought it was FREE??? I don't even buy the expensive ones in the stores and the salon..Their ad is very deceptive and fraudulent..I called today to cancel my membership and told them I'm returning them. They said I cannot get my money back since the 30 days was up.

I am so upset with these people...Their product is not even good, it made my hair really DRY...

Very upset

• To
    tom in hemet May 05, 2010

After venting a few moments ago, I called the OOKISSA phone number [protected]) and to my suprise a gentleman named Carlos listened to my complaints and did in fact cancel my future orders. Just thought I would give them credit for the way they handled my account. Not as unhappy in Hemet

• To
    tom in hemet May 05, 2010

I agree if anything it made my hair worse and I don't have that much on top... How do I stop them from sending me anymore and stop charging my credit card ? I will try one more time to get them to stop. Unhappy in Hemet

• Ca
    Canyon Lake Missy Apr 12, 2010

I ordered what I thought was a trail bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and night repair for shipping of 5.95...thinking if I like the product I would order more. To my surprise on Saturday when I opened my email there was the order form along with the NEW agreement...of charging my card 89 something every 60 days. After calling their [protected] number and talking to a few rude customer service people I decided to do some checking online. They have numerous complaints against them with the Better Business Bureau of CA. I called back on last time explaining that I AM going to BBB if I have to pay anything... FINALLY...they said they would not charge the 5.95 shipping I could keep their product and I won't be charged anything EVER... I spoke with Veronica at extension 586...she at least wasn't rude and did help. Her supervisors name is Chris and he can be reached at extension 222 for those that want to complain... Hopefully I won't have to update this with another complaint..

I suggest calling, calling and calling until you get it resolved...tell them about all the complaints they have online...I did!

• Di
    dimcgee Feb 19, 2010

I ordered the so-called "free trial" also not knowing there would be recurring charges -- I have been trying to call the company to cancel for the last two days and get a telephone recording saying "no one is available to take your call at this time." So they won't answer the phone so you can cancel and avoid future charges. THIS IS A SCAM, people!! I'm sending their lousy products back anyway (certified mail, so they can't claim I didn't) and disputing the charges thru my credit card company.

• De
    deb713 Feb 09, 2010

The marketers of Ooskia lied in the ingredients list. Rooibos (Red Tea) is not from Mid-Asia. It is from South Africa. It can only be grown is South Africa, due to the climate.
    My thought is this. If they lied about this one ingredient, what else did they lie about?

• Sc
    SCAMMED BY TOOTH WHITENER Nov 16, 2009

The same thing happened to me with a tooth whitener...I will never ever request anything FREE TRIAL or FREE SAMPLE EVER AGAIN. I reported them to the BBB & they did nothing. These crooks kept my money!!

• Mi
    MISS BRAZIL Nov 02, 2009

I wish I had read some of this email... THEY ARE A BIB SCAM...

DO NOT BUY

DO NOT BUY

ND GOOD LUCK TRY TO TALK TO SOME ONE

• El
    elenita73 Sep 24, 2009

I tood got ripped off with ookisa, i have used this product did not make any difference at all, i finally was able to cancel and they went ahead and charged me anyways, they said as soon as i received the product i would be able to return it and get a refund, unfortunatley my financial situation changed and wasnt able to afford it anymore and was charged overdraft fees because they refused to reverse the charges, even when they could not prove that the product was shipped even tho they said it was. NO tracking number available. Everything was to their advantage!!
    SCAM SCAM!!! do not buy

• St
    stop.scams Aug 30, 2009

File a complaint against this company with the California Attorney General's office in the State of California. You can file it online. In the past, I have gotten good response from this agency regarding fraudulent businesses operating in the state. The only reason I am here on this website is I saw the Ookisa ad and was somewhat interested. However, I've learned from past experiences that before I impulsively order something, I'll Google the company's name FIRST (Ookisa Complaints) like I did now just to see what others have experienced. Glad I did! Best of luck, hope you all get your $$$ back and hopefully wipe that company out of existence!

• Ci
    citygal Jul 21, 2009

jann & gigilong08 you both can fight over my unopened shipment of this high-price stuff. I'll even pay for shipping. I never even tried the trial products. I too got scammed, no doubt about it! I never even tried the trial products.When I tried to close my computer screen to decline the 30-day free trial for $5.95 s&h they offered it to me for $2. I did not see anything about future shipments and did expect any. Then, I went out-of-town and a few weeks after my return my neighbor bought the package to me. Well, when I contacted Ooksia they would not give ma an RMA. There needs to be a law against such practices as Ooksia. I think it's time for a class action suit against these folks.

• Gi
    gigilong8 Jul 20, 2009

I have been using these products for about two months and have definitely gotten new growth in some areas that were balding, as well as comments from several folks about how nice and healthy my hair looks, so I do love the product; however, I had so much trouble finally receiving it after I ordered (about six calls were made before they finally shipped it, with lame excuses about what had happened to my order) and then I was charged double what they quoted me. I protested the charge with my credit card company, and they removed the excess charge, although they reported that Ookisa would not respond back to their inquiries. Although the customer service reps were always very nice to me, they have some serious problems in thier company with their policies and procedures, and I am afraid to order more of the product directly from them. Anyone know of another product that is natural and works as well or where I can get these products without buying them from Ookisa? Thanks!

• Ji
    Jim756 Jul 18, 2009

A before/after photo on the OOKISA site shows a dark-haired woman ("Kellie J., Piedmont, AL") with her hair confined narrowly down her back in the "before" photo, then spread out wide in the "after" photo. Is anyone really fooled by such a ridiculous "proof" of effectiveness. P.T. Barnum lives!

j ann Jul 10, 2009

I have been using Ookisa since March and I totally disagree with all of the negative feed back. The customer service people have always been helpful and friendly, and I really do see an improvement in the condition of my hair. I was realistic about results. I have fine thin hair, I knew I couldnt grow a head of hair like the models in their ads. But using the night time follicle serum twice a day, in the morning when I am styling my hair, and again at night before bed, I do see more volume, and I am going to continue to use it.

My card is charged every 2 months, and have not had a problem with that, or delivery.

The terms are clearly stated, in small print, but they are there. Any consumer needs to fully read any contract or agreement before signing on, thats just common sense.

I am not affliated with Ookisa in any way, except that I am a happy customer.

NoHappyCamper Jul 03, 2009

Ookisa shills, such as CorinnaCalifornia, are paid to disagree with complaints on internet message boards. It's just like planting the idea that Oookisa is used by Hollwood stars using paid advertising. So which movie stars? Putting sample products in gift baskets or buying ads in a magazine calling it Hollywood beauty tips are not celebrity endorsements!

NoHappyCamper Jul 03, 2009

Ookisa hair products are a joke. It's the unethical marketing schemes they use to get your credit card on the premise of a free trial. It's not free because you have to return the product before the arbitrary deadline. When does a free trial mean you must return the product after you sample it? They'd call it a money-back guarantee if they intended not to charge, but they don't.
    The deadline changes from 30-days, to 20, to 14 without notice. Too late! You're screwed even if you do send it back.

jus1 Jun 27, 2009

I actually called and canceled my trial in the specified amount of time but they charged my account the $100 saying I didn't send back the used product. I did send back the empty product bottles. I even sent them in the same box they sent it to me. Ookisa now claims they never received them. It's a SCAM!! They will charge you NO MATTER WHAT. Do not order this product. The company will stick you for the $100 no matter what. Besides that, the product isn't any better than much cheaper salon grade products.

• Co
    CorrinaCalifornia May 28, 2009

Ookisa customer care was very helpful in assisting me with my trial return and also extended my initial trial to get a better idea of the shampoo kit. I disagree i do believe that the terms and conditions explain the trial and it is up to the consumer to read them through before entering credit card information online.

Justice May 15, 2009

I am having the same problem with OOKISA. I concur that the OOKISA offer is a complete scam. Furthermore, when I called OOKISA to resolve the matter, I spoke to several of their representatives who were extremely rude, aggressive, and hostile. They tried to put me on the defensive. I felt like I was being harassed. In addition OOKISA is an inferior product compared to saloon products or hair products sold at a drugstore.

• Di
    disgruntledcitizen Apr 19, 2009

Maybe one of the tv networks needs to be contacted along with the BBB to get this changed.