One Source Talent AgencyFraud and cheating

As far as I'm concerned. Of what I have seen. I work at the office and we get calls from major features. We work with a variety of people and we have gotten people amazing work. Your just getting started? Try going out yourself looking for jobs as i have, its hard and you think you don't have to invest in yourself? Thats a complete joke. THINK about it. This is a business, like any other business are you going to have to invest? Of course especially on yourself. I have dealt with nothing but professionalism and as far as I'm concerned i think its funny what people expect. I know because I'm on both sides, i too am an aspiring actress. and as far as I'm concerned a business is a business and even if you are some gorgeous thing and fit model requirements, you think its FREE??!?! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

• Ha
    hallie latos Oct 01, 2008

Oh please spare me!! A real agency only does not charge upfront charges. They pay you when you work. And let me tell you something else... My son did a job in July and hasn't gotten paid. the two times one source did contact him to do a video and another job, both got cancelled at the last minute.!!! My son never did get paid for the one job he did three mos. ago. And when you call One source headquarters, they NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE. I am going to pursue legal action. I have never had such a horrible experience with a company. they are completely unprofessional. Still can't get them to give my a truthful answer regarding where my son's money is!!!

Jaye Oct 03, 2008

Im new to the modeling/acting business but I do feel that no one should have to pay a lump sum of cash to a company in order for them to represent you. In that case, just about anybody could join and it's not a TRUE modeling agency. A real agency has confidence in their models, enough confidence to know that they will make their agency look well. One Source seemed like a bit of a joke. It on the top floor of this building and the room looked unprofessional. I felt like I walked into an abandoned kindergarden classroom or something.I knew I could do better from the first moment I walked in. Everyone, do NOT be so naive and analyze these so-called agencies because a lot of them are not legit. Look at their web sites, requirements and models in general. Let a company be well-tried before you give them your confidence. If you truly want to work in this field, remember that you deserve the best. Sure, anyone can post your pictures on an online portfolio, but not any agency can gain your trust, your confidence, and your full representation. Be careful and keep your money where it belongs.

• Fr
    Franie Oct 05, 2008

Three weeks ago, I submitted my photos to One Source Talent and heard from them the very next day. I was so excited to hear that "they wanted to me with me for a personal interview". My mom and I went to NYC thinking it was a "one on one interview" but entered a room of 30 + teenagers. I wasn't going to leave as I wanted to see what they had to offer. I have no experience in the modeling industry and hoped they could jumpstart my career. After watching people walk out after being told they weren't marketable, I was called into an office and told "the Director wants to meet with you". I was ecstatic that he to ask to meet with me seperately. I was told that I was invited back for a final interview. This time I brought both of my parents. We sat in a consultants office as she drilled me about why I wanted to be in the modeling industry and how interested I was in acting. I informed her that I did not want to act at all, I was only interested in modeling. She took some photographs and left the room to "discuss" my potential with the Director. She came back in the room and said "Congratulations we'd love to have you as our client! Are you excited?" I was thrilled and thought this was my break, finally I'd get into the industry. It has been 3 weeks and I haven't heard from one casting that I applied to. I went back for a "mandatory 3rd meeting" and asked if they had been helping me book jobs. With a nasty Russian accent she said "Well you need professional pictures for us to send your comp card out for casting calls". However at my 2nd meeting, I was told that professional pictures weren't needed but recommended (and that should've been a red flag as every performer/actor/model/dancer has professional pictures and a professional portfolio). I was given a photographer's price list and after reviewing the packages I asked "so do I pay the day of the shoot? how does this work" and her nasty response was "Oh no dear, you need to pay in full today in order to book him because he travels" I gave her that oh really? look. Unfortunately I went to the 3rd meeting alone and I didn't feel comfortable arguing with her by myself. I left the office furious. I went home and googled "One Source Talent Scam" and found report after report of people who share my story of false promises. I was told that they would help get my face out there and help me book jobs. They haven't done a single thing in 3 weeks but charge my credit card $550 for $495 set up fee and $39 monthly fee. I am in the process of disputing these charges with my credit card company and I am contacting the One Source Talent NYC office tomorrow. This is a scam and I hope this business will be shut down as to spare innocent naive people, like myself, of hundreds of dollars and frustration. It shouldn't be called One Source Talent it should be called ONE BIG SCAM.

• Ny
    NYCBookerBoy Oct 15, 2008

I've been a model agent in NYC for years honey, working with major campaigns like Banana Republic, Vogue, Cosmo to all the Bryant week fashion week shows. Once Source Talent sounds like a total scam and for the record sweetie agencies NEVER charge a membership fee. This is beyond fraudulent. Get out while you can and stop defended these people before you go down with them!

• Ar
    Areyoukidding? Nov 02, 2008

I cannot believe no one caught this!

He posted his name as Jack Timmure!!? Are you kidding? If your name is Jack how are you an actress? "I know because I'm on both sides, i too am an aspiring actress"

His name is Temur and he works at the NYC One Source Talent office. I know this because I had an interview with him. So feel free to go visit him and give him a piece of your mind.

And Temur, next time you post a blog to convince people that your company is legit, try a little harder to conceal your identity because I just outted you. You're an IDIOT.

• Ki
    Kimberly Jennings Nov 02, 2008

I went to the One Source Talent office in New York City for an open call in September. It looked like an abandoned kindergarten classroom with blue, red, yellow walls and dirty old carpets. I knew something was up when I walked in and saw a room full of kids. The employees were no older than like 20. How much experience could they possibly have? And why did they play The Devil Wears Prada? To show how far you should go in industry to get where you want? Uh no. Ive been told that an agent goes the distance for YOU not vise versa. And I was also told you shouldn't pay anything upfront. I couldn't afford that kind of money upfront. Sorry to anyone who gave them money, hopefully you learned a lesson. Next time research a company & make sure they're legit.

• Su
    sucker Nov 04, 2008

I was gonna go to this scam place until my personal adviser looked it up.He found this and im glad i did. my manager did as well and found this other website with complaints about this horrible place.if you want money go get a real job and stop scanning people.do u see how many people found this out...are you sad because you just lost 400.00 o well who cares.cuz i know i don't. first of all if your gonna make a convincing speech to the people great but NO REAL AGENCY asks for money upfront they just ask for 15% of what you get paid.

• Pm
    pmel Nov 29, 2008

i was just at the ost office in los angeles today and asked to come back for 2 interview on monday, now reading what everyone had to say im defenantly causious and i will write some good questions to ask to put them on the spot, i will interview them. but i need your help, give me some good questions my fellow human beings.

now all the success storys ??? fake???

• Cl
    C.L.I.C.K. for Justice and Equality Dec 02, 2008

November 11, 2007

Mr. Anthony Toma, Founder
    3250 West Big Beaver Road, Suite 526
    Troy, Michigan 48084

Re: Kristina Gaston

Mr. Toma:

You report to the public One Source Talent is a consulting service for the fashion and acting communities. Your company summary suggests the goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network. Your company also suggests it has talent and client benefits with real-time access and submissions to nation-wide castings and auditions, an interactive composite card for all digital and traditional submissions, a personal email account, industry workshops, “meet n’ greets”, a commission free environment and a benefit program from select businesses in each market. A searchable database of talent with detailed characteristics, a commission free service, a detailed talent evaluation process to ensure they are getting dedicated people and a corporate staff with years of industry knowledge and contacts.

You suggest One Source Talent mission is to help make the modeling and acting communities easily accessible from all ends of the entertainment industry, from talent, to clients, to agents, to casting companies; allowing for established and new talent to be discovered and hired quickly, and cost effectively.

In addition, your company reports underlying the mission is the determination to seek new and creative ways of addressing all several parts, while holding a deep respect for individuals inside and outside the company, and for the communities of which we are a part. The values of your company, from your viewpoint, state personal honesty, integrity, commitment to working together - with openness and trust; empowering others and respecting differences; encouraging risk-taking and responsibility; enjoying our work and our families.

Finally, your company suggests you are dedicated to providing the best service possible; that you are talent and client centered; that you are committed to working in partnerships, holding yourselves accountable for quality results, and are dedicated to financial integrity and cost-effectiveness.

Sir, I beg to differ with your company’s summary statement, talent and client benefits, integrity and honesty clause and values and principles statement.

My daughter, Kristina Gaston, has suffered a tremendous loss of integrity and possible modeling career opportunities with your Chicago office. I challenge the honesty, dignity and integrity of your Chicago based office. Kristina has not received one call from any perspective opportunities for modeling. In order for a perspective opportunity to arise, the agency or company would have to know Kristina’s One Source Talent ID number. There is no exposure by your company that would bring a perspective opportunity. In addition, Kristina would have to have suitable photos to demonstrate her beauty. The “professional” pictures, contracted by your company do not meet the requirements or standards your company claims to promote.

On or about August 16, 2007 my wife and I entered into a contractual agreement with One Source Talent to acquire photos and promotion of Kristina’s talents. Our cost was $595.00 for “professional” photos. Kristina’s photo shoot was scheduled for September 5, 2007. Kristina’s One Source Talent ID# is 20526. Kristina is 13-years-old. The results were not that of a 13-year-old.

I asked Carmen Martinez, your Chicago office representative, what would we get for $595.00? We were told by Carmen that we would get a 4-hour photo shoot, make-up artist and a portfolio. My wife escorted Kristina to the photo shoot. It lasted about an hour and a half. Carmen also told us we had to produce our own copies for the portfolio, from the photos taken by your “professional” photographer.

When my wife and I got the results of Kristina’s photos, I was appalled and disgusted. Most of the shots were over exposed. Kristina’s hair style did not change as her clothing was changed. The make-up was over the top, such as too much eyeliner and a heavy coating of facial foundation with a heavy coating of lipstick making her look 23-years-old instead of 13-years-old. In some pictures, Kristina had pearls on making the shots look like glamour photography. It appears as if Kristina was not professionally guided through the pictures either.

The lighting used for her photo shots created shadows, which made the shots bad or too hot; where if the lighting were appropriate we would have had a normal exposure. Kristina’s skin color and tone is not as light as some of the photos portrayed. If you want to see “true color” in “your” professional photos look at the shots taken by your photographer of Kristina’s mother, which were 3 shots and only because she was standing there with Kristina. We paid your company for professional photos. We did not pay for photos to be cropped and photo shopped.

The framing and/or composition were bad. There were many things in the photos that were distracting to Kristina’s look and photo shoot, such as window sills, wooded walls, telephone wires, etc. This photographer, if professional, should know what is in the frame of the picture before it is taken. When engaging in your process, we presented a photo disc to Carmen done by FBP DeSign Group, Inc. (http://www.fbpdesigngroup.com/) with make-up done by Marcus Geeter (http://www.marcusgeetermakeupartist.com/). This photo disc far exceeded your company’s demonstration of Kristina with excellence, distinction and quality.

When we left the disc from FBP DeSign Group, Inc. with Carmen she reported to us the pictures were unacceptable and not professional enough for your company, suggesting the background was the same in all the pictures. The first series of shots taken by your company’s “professional” photographer has the same background in most of its photos. In addition, your company’s photos displayed some sort of fabric or sheet in the background that had creases in it displaying where the sheets had been folded. This did not look professional at all. A professional photographer should know what is in the frame of a picture before the picture is taken.

To add insult to injury, on November 7, 2007 my wife called the person who reports she is the manager in your Chicago based office, Jessica, attempting to explain the above. Jessica made my wife feel insulted, minimizing our concerns. My wife reports Jessica stating “Oh, those pictures can get your daughter a job. If the pictures can get my daughter a job, demonstrate this to us.

My wife called me at work asking me to explain the above to Jessica.

On November 7, 2007 I called Jessica explaining the above. Jessica told me my thoughts about “professional” photography were my daughter sitting on Santa Claus’ lap. I was so insulted and aghast by Jessica’s response to my concerns, as I spoke in a professional voice, it prompted me to write this letter to you; also posting this letter on my websites at http://click.townhall.com/ and http://clickforjusticeandequality.blogspot.com/ for public viewing. People need to know what One Source Talent really offers, with your unprofessional staff.

Therefore, considering my statements and your company’s mission, value and integrity statements, could you please respond giving me some insight into how we can satisfy each others need for a good product and sale of my daughters attributes with an opportunity of work.

If the pictures your company sponsored and produced through your “professional” photographer are as good as Carmen and Jessica claim, put my daughter’s pictures on One Source Talent’s opening website page for public viewing like you have similarly situated individuals who you feel need promoting first and/or get her some work. This would prove out Carmen and Jessica’s theory that your pictures are better than the pictures I presented to your company for your website from FBP DeSign Group, Inc. and Marcus Geeter. It may also prove Jessica’s beliefs and thoughts that my vision of good professional pictures is those taken with my daughter sitting on Santa Claus’ lap. This was a very sarcastic statement made by your professional manager. It tells us a lot about your company. The staff of a company, is the company.

Respectfully submitted,

Fred L Nance Jr., ABD, MA, CADC, NCRS
    Social Policy Analyst

cc:

Carmen Martinez
    Jessica

Update: November 12, 2007

Jessica from One Source Talent called suggesting Kristina, my wife and I sit down to talk about possibly getting another photo shoot. We will sit with her to discuss this letter and Kristina's future in modeling.

Update: December 1, 2008

Kristina has not received a call from One Source Talent in months. One Source Talent has been debiting a monthly fee from my wife's bank account every month. My wife has been requesting information on why there has been no work for our daughter. There has been no response. Finally, my wife has been verbally calling and requesting One Source Talent cancel our contract and stop the monthly fee for Kristina's account. The contract has not been nullified and the fee has not stopped. One Source Talent continues to debit the fee from my wife's account with no accountability for acquiring work for our daughter.

My wife has been told that she must submit a writing to One Source Talent requesting to stop this fee. My wife and I called her bank requesting the One Source Talent debit stopped. To our amazement, our bank cannot stop the One Source Talent debit to her account because it is a debit to her bank account. My wife's bank reports the only way my wife can stop the One Source Talent debit is to cancel her debit card and order a new one. Therefore, my wife will cancel her current debit card and order a new debit card from her bank just to stop this debit by One Source Talent.

I would suggest to anyone who gets involved with One Source Talent or any other business or entity who insist on a monthly or weekly fee being taken from a bank account to have that fee taken from their bank's routing and bank account number, not by way of a debit to their account.

If a person takes this action, you will avoid having to cancel a debit card or your account to stop payment to a company who is not providing the service you require.

I believe One Source Talent has not provided our daughter with work because of our complaint to management and my posting the writing below on my blogs. When I wrote this complaint to Anthony Toma, Founder, President and CEO of One Source Talent in November of 2007, I had 2 blogs. I now have 4, and will re-post this complaint on all of them.

When I wrote and posted this complaint on my blogs I received a call from Mr. Toma thinking our daughter would get "real" work. I took this writing off my blogs because of good faith toward One Source Talent. When we wrote this complaint, our daughter was given another photo shooting and an opportunity to be an "extra" in a 15 minute college documentary. There has been no other work. Therefore, I am posting this complaint again on my blogs.

I would highly suggest to parents that if you do not know someone in management, please do not waste your time, money and child's self-esteem on believing one day she or he will succeed in this business. The only way there is success in this business is if you have a personal relationship with the ownership.

One Source Talent is not the way to succeed. I sent this comment to the President and CEO of One Source Talent, Mr. Anthony Toma by way of email. Hopefully, he will be able to facilitate the demise of our contract. My wife will cancel her debit card so that One Source Talent will not be able to take any other monies from her account.

Freddy Jr.

Shame on you, for trying to pass everything off on us. No one in your family has logged into Kristina's account since June. Way to be proactive in helping your daughter reach her potential. I'm going to keep this short since you twisted my words the last time we had an exchange. I have never promised work, we provide a service, we are not an agency.

We submitted your daughter to an assortment of opportunities. If you would have logged into her account like you are supposed to she might have gotten more out of our service.

Blog your heart out, make sure to get your facts in order. You can be held accountable for slanderous comments. No, I'm not an attorney nor have I ever claimed to be. I'm not an attorney and OST is not an agency, got that?

In the meantime, you should know sitting on your Ab Roller will not do your gut any good. You need to do the sit ups if you want results.

Thank you and as I said before you have a very beautiful daughter, don't turn you back on her. She has potential!

Tony Montana:
    I love litigation. You are right. You are not an attorney. Therefore, you should talk like one and suggest litigation. Tell you people to stop taking money out of my wife's account. This is the end of the story.

Anthony Toma <[email protected]> wrote:

Are the blogs coming down? If not, then I disagree that this is the end of the story.

From: Fred Nance Jr.

Nothing coming down. Everything I have written is a fact. Do what you think you need to do, but in the meantime answering my email acknowledges your receipt of my request to stop taking money from my wife's account.

Anthony Toma <[email protected]> wrote:

Have her fax a letter to [protected] as both of you were instructed more than once and the charges will stop.
    Twisted fact is what you wrote.
    Good Luck Freddy Jr., I'm waiting on the fax from your wife.

Tony:

I have not been instructed to do anything. I think you need to get your facts straight. I am posting our dialogue through emails on my blogs. This is the end of our story unless you want to pursue your threats of litigation against me.
    Anthony Toma <[email protected]> wrote:

You really are an idiot. I never threatened you in any way. My opinion is that you could care less about your daughter and you aren't even married to the woman you claim to be your wife.

You don't even share the same last name. You can post all the slanderous comments you want. In the end OST has kept up its end of any agreement we ever made to the woman you claim to be your with and her daughter.

Too bad you dismissed every atemp made by the good people at One Source Talent. Enjoy the rest of year.

I tried everything to make you happy, but nothing will ever make you happy.

Tony:

What does my marriage have to do with the issues? This statement proves your research sources and statements against me are ludicrous and nefarious. My wife's name is Darlene Bouyer-Nance. Kristina is my step-daughter. Do you want to say something demeaning and disrespectful about Kristina? You mirror your company for sure. There is no integrity or honesty with you or your company. You just proved that here. You need to build on your vocabulary.

Anthony Toma wrote:
    You have way too much time on your hands. Oh I got it... why don't you help me expand my vocabulary? If that's not your thing, maybe you can teach me how to extort companies by posting blogs. What do you say? It seems to work for you pretty well, heck! I even fell for it.

I bet if I dig a little more I'll find others that have been victimized by your blogs.

Tony:

Keep digging. What you will find is a search for truth. Truth seems to evade us because of our belief in pluralism, relativism, pragmatism, extentialism, secularism, etc. I am an advocate for the socially disenfranchised and disadvantaged. What happens to me, happens to many others in our society. I am not an island sitting alone. This is why I alert the public. Informing them there is a way to address your issues without violence and mayhem.

I am not trying or attempting to demean you and others who burden our society with the glamour of one size fits all. For inquiry of truth, a scientific method must be used. This scientific method is based upon a combination of knowledge, which has 2 elements induction and deduction. Induction is observing, viewing, measuring, seeing and hearing, checking out the particulars. Deduction is the application of formal laws of logic and coherency to those particular pieces of investigation. This is what I do.

Therefore, when I encounter situations that negatively impact me or our society, I address them. Some people do not know how to address them. Therefore, they get no redress. You chose to use a word like "extort". I think that was a poor choice. What happens with entities who understand their wrongs is that they compromise and if there is error, they error on the side of "do no harm." These entities arise from the ashes with integrity, honor and truth. In this manner of dialogue and discussion, you agree to disagree.
    I forgot to add that you did not fall for anything. Your integrity and honesty surfaced. Did this scare you? Sometimes who we really are fascinates us. Sometimes we find that we are not hallucinating; we are not schizophrenic. We find that we are able to feel someone else's pain.

• Sc
    scorps Jan 15, 2009

I totally agree with people who think this is a scam. people, do not gt caught in this scam. Do not even respond to their call the first time you receive. They called me for my son, and said they were interested in him. When I asked how did they get to know about my son, they answered were from internet (Hellooooo??). I believe they got it from other agency's website where I had submitted my son's photos. Still my wife and I took our son for the interview. As others have written, we were asked to sit in one big room with many chair showing a movie "the devil wears prada" (to brainwash and impress their may-be-clients like me??). Then Director came and gave marketing speech about how much money one can spend on photographers, sending photos to all agencies, etc. My wife and I looked at each other sensing something was fishy here. Director must have sensed that we both had doubts about him and his agency, so he later never had eye contact with us.
    Later, they called us in room, took photo with some stupid!!! smalll point-n-shoot camera. Come on, you are agency, correct? You should know what photography should be. I am a photographer myself and have all professional DSLR equipments, so I knew something here sure was going wrong.
    Then they called in other room, and asked some stupid questions. One question just pissed me off. He asked "DOES ANYONE ELSE FROM YOUR FAMILY OR FRIENDS KNOW THAT YOU HAVE COME HERE FOR INTERVIEW?" Now, why on earth anyone would ask such question? Are they criminals that they don't want any proof that we visited them??????? Then he said my son is very good and they would be interested in second interview. When I asked what makes them special compared to other agency, he could not answer. But in the talk, he mentioned that I might have to pay them 39.95 a month to enroll with them. (ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YOU THINK I AM BORN YESTERDAY? ) No agency charges upfront fees. A genuine agency would charge 10-15% of commison when you get assignments. That's all!
    So, the moral of the story is: BEWARE... do not believe this agency. It is a big fraud and BBB should do something about it...

• To
    Tommy Jan 23, 2009

Quote from their website: One Source Talent One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network.One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) Created in 2003 by Anthony Toma, One Source Talent has quickly found success in an extremely competitive industry previously dominated by a select few. With the opening of its One Source Talent's Los Angeles office, One Source Talent has quickly expanded to seven offices in less than five years of operation. Additional offices can be found in; Detroit (Headquarters); San Diego; New York; Chicago; Miami; and Phoenix. One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

With One Source Talent's unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business. One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network. One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) Created in 2003 by Anthony Toma, One Source Talent has quickly found success in an extremely competitive industry previously dominated by a select few. With the opening of its One Source Talent's Los Angeles office, One Source Talent has quickly expanded to seven offices in less than five years of operation. Additional offices can be found in; Detroit (Headquarters); San Diego; New York; Chicago; Miami; and Phoenix.With One Source Talent's unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business. One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

From onesourcetalent.com
    One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) Quote from their website: One Source Talent

With One Source Talent's unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business. One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network. One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

• La
    Lance Jan 26, 2009

One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com) One Source Talent (onesourcetalent.com)

• So
    soldiers girl Jan 28, 2009

Im from Arizona and I submitted my picture to OST never modeling or acting EVER and the next day I got "THE PHONE CALL" that is so imfamous. I have an interveiew Thursday at 7pm. After reading these FORUMS I am NOT going to this audition.

Looking up OST scam forums have been on my mind all damn day. Aint gunna happen.

Thnx guys!

• Ke
    Kelly T. Jan 30, 2009

Fred Nance Jr.: in response to One Source Talent

I would like to thank you for your comments. I believe that you saved my husband and I a lot of money, time and dissapointment. I would like to add that I believe the best recourse for you would be to contact your state Attorney General. This is just a suggestion. I do know that it will take some time and probably a few more letters!!! Good Luck!

Many Thanks -
    Kelly T.
    Michigan

• Sm
    Smartnottobescammed Feb 11, 2009

One Source Talent is a complete scam. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! Today I went on my "2nd Interview" at the NYC office with Temur. He was very friendly until I told him I did not want to pay the $495 "processing fee" and he turned into a complete jerk. DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU. They are NOT a legit agency and will try to intimidate you. NEVER give an agency money. NEVER submit yourself- and if they do find you and call you in, do NOT let them waste your time. Temur said OVER AND OVER that he didn't want his time to be wasted, but that's all he did with mine. Not only did he make me wait for 45 minutes before he fed me a pack of lies, he treated me horribly.
    The website may be pretty, but their business is NOT. It's a dirty dirty lie.

• Gl
    GLL Feb 12, 2009

I AM HORRIFIED WITH THIS PEOPLE AT ONE SOURCE TALENT...HOW CAN A PLACE LIKE THIS CAN TAKE SO MUCH MONEY FROM US...I AM EMBARRASS AND SORRY TO TELL YOU MY STORY...I AM A STAY HOME FOSTER MOTHER...I HAVE ONE BIOLOGICAL DAUGHTER AND ONE BIOLOGICAL SON BUT MANY FOSTER KIDS IN MY LIFE...SOMETIME 4 OR LESS AT ONE TIME PLUS MY KIDS...I DROVE MORE THAN AN HOUR TO BEVERLY HILLS TO THE AGENCY AND YES THEY GAVE US THE SECOND APPOINTMENT AND THEY ASKED FOR MORE THAN $500.00 ONE TIME FEE AND THE THIRD APPOINTMENT THEY ASKED FOR MORE THAN 600.00 FOR THE PICTURES (NOT PROFESSIONAL DONE, LIKE THEY SAID) AND 39.95 MONTHLY FOR THE WEBSITE...YES I BELIEVED THAT THIS WAS A BUSINESS AND THAT NO ONE WORKS FOR FREE...BUT I NEVER HEAR FORM THEM AGAIN, YET THE AUTOMATIC WITHDRAW WAS ALWAYS ON TIME UNTIL I FOUND THIS PLACE...I WAS STILL THINKING THAT THE HOLLYWOOD INDUSTRY WAS DIFFICULT AND THAT I SHOULD CONTINUE WITH THEM UNTIL THEY GOT SOMETHING FOR MY DAUGHTER...I JUST CALLED MY BANK AND CANCEL THEM OUT OF MY CHECKING ACCOUNT. I REALLY WANT TO HAVE THEM OUT OF BUSINESS VERY SOON. I HOPE THE NEXT PERSON IS SAVE FROM THEM…

• Su
    suga b Mar 21, 2009

JUST LIKE A LOT OF THE OTHER POSTS ON HERE ABOUT OST, I SENT PHOTO'S OF MYSELF AND OF MY BOYFRIEND. I WANTED TO MODEL AND HE WANTED TO ACT. THEY CALLED US BACK THE VERY NEXT DAY TO SET UP AN INTERVIEW. THEY TOLD ME TO WEAR TRENDY "FITTING" CLOTHES AND FOR HIM TO DRESS CASUAL. I ASKED WOULD THIS COST US ANY MONEY BECAUSE ITS ALREADY FAR ENOUGH TO DRIVE OUT TO BEVERLY HILLS. THEY TOLD ME NO. WE COULD NOT KEEP THE APPOINTMENT SO THE DAY BEFORE IT WE CALLED TO RESCHEDULE IT FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEK. THEY TOLD US THAT THEY DON'T BOOK THAT FAR IN ADVANCE BECAUSE BY THEN THEY MAY NOT NEED ANYMORE TALENT TO WORK WITH. I THOUGHT THAT WAS ODD, BECAUSE AN AGENCY SHOULD WANT TO WORK WITH AS MANY DIFFERENT TYPES OF TALENT POSSIBLE, RIGHT? WELL ANYWAY WE HAD TO END UP CANCELING THE FIRST INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT. WE WERE KINDA BUMMED OUT. THE GUY ON THE PHONE SEEMED TO BE NICE AND HONEST. I ASKED HIM WHAT IF I WERE TO CALL BACK LATER ON IN THE WEEK TO SEE IF WE CAN RESCHEDULE ANOTHER INTERVIEW. HE SAID I COULD TRY BUT HE DOESN'T KNOW IF THEY WILL BE DOING MORE INTERVIEWS. AS IF THEY REALLY WANTED US TO KEEP OUR FIRST APPOINTMENT, BUT WE COULD NOT. LATER ON THIS WEEK WE WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL BACK BUT WE FORGOT. EVEN THOUGH WE FORGOT TO CALL THEM, THEY CALLED US BACK. I WAS HAPPY TO HEAR THAT THEY WANTED US THAT BADLY. SO WE GOT A NEW INVITE NUMBER AND I TOLD THE MAN THAT WE ALREADY HAD THE ADDRESS. THINKING WE WERE ALL SET I COULDN'T FIND THE PAPER I WROTE THE ADDRESS ON AT FIRST. SO I GOOGLED THEM. WHOA!!! AS I TYPED IN ONE SOURCE TALENT THE SCAMS PAGE SHOWS UP AS WELL. I READ ALL THESE COMMENTS AND I'M THINKING, I'M NOT GOING NO WHERE NEAR THEIR OFFICE TOMORROW. IT WOULD BE A WASTE OF GAS AND A WASTE OF TIME. AND WE SURE AS HECK DON'T HAVE $600 TO THROW AROUND! SO I THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS SITE, YOU MAY HAVE JUST SAVED MY CAR NOTE MONEY. I AGREE THAT NO AGENCY SHOULD CHARGE YOU ANYTHING UP FRONT. THEY SHOULD GET PAID WHEN YOU GET PAID. WHY PAY RENT FOR A HOUSE YOU NEVER SLEEP IN? WHY PAY ANYBODY ANYTHING TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOU THAT THEY HAVEN'T DONE WITH NO GUARANTEES THAT THEY WILL DO IT? OST IS CRAZY AND THEY NEED PEOPLE WHO ARE EVEN CRAZIER JUST TO STAY IN BUSINESS. WITH THE WAY OUR ECONOMY IS RIGHT NOW THEY SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.

• Ar
    Art Mar 26, 2009

Confirmed location where they are cheating now:
    Location of open call: (This is our LA office)
    8383 Wilshire Boulevard
    Suite 220
    Beverly Hills, CA 90211
    Location: On the corner of Gale and Wilshire Blvd. Parking is available off of Gale St behind the building.
    They changed Suite !!!
    They are in the suite on the same floor but where the music is there is a gay guy and girl and there is loud music there.
    On the second interview they asked my girlfriend to pay $500 just to take pictures and she had already pictures of her.
    The phone number to the office is [protected]
    Parking is available off of Gale St behind the building.
    Parking will cost from $7-$20 depending upon how long you are parked. We do not validate parking! There is also parking along side the street but spots are limited.

• Ju
    JuJu Apr 01, 2009

Wow - thanks Fred Nance and everyone else for having the courage to post. Please do not be embarassed for having been scammed - that is the nature of a scam, to fool as many people as possible. The only way it stops is for people to share their experiences with others and force the company to either straighten up and fly right or close its doors. I, too, received a call and was surprised since I hadn't even had a chance to submit a photo (!) I was told "Jessica" was the manager and all that jazz. I'm so happy I read this page and, again, that you all had the courage and concern about others to share. In this horrible economy nobody has money to throw away and anyone who tries to scam people on this level -- well they should be ashamed. But they are not ashamed. They are living good, filet mignon, the finest of wines, huge homes in the hills -- living off of people's hard-earned money. How infuriating it must be to have someone snatch your money out of your account like that. I totally believe it, too and I am not going to my appointment tonight. Thank you so much!

-- Chicago

• Je
    Jenn Apr 10, 2009

It's funny that they conduct their meetings after 5pm. I could be wrong, but most businesses are closed at 5pm.

• Je
    Jenn Apr 10, 2009

I wonder if anyone has ever tried to "scambait" OST...hmm..Just a thought. Perhaps I might..LOL!

• Fl
    FLYGIRL_KII Apr 13, 2009

I HATE ONE SOURCE TALENT!! THEY MAKE YOU PAY ALL OF THIS MONEY THEN THEY DONT EVEN GET YOU BOOKED FOR ANYTHING, THEY WANT YOU TO DO YOUR OWN WORK FINDING CASTING CALLS FOR YOURSELF..SO WHATS THE PURPOSE OF THEM!! ITS A HUGE SCAM

• Mi
    mike Apr 15, 2009

Well, well, well. Funny this story. Hanging out with the wife the other night she was watching some show I had no desire to watch so me being out of work due to great economy went searching Craigs List for work. I responded to this modeling ad as a goof. I'm a decent looking enough guy but seriously it can't be that easy. So I played along because I was bored enough. I answered their useless questions and posted my picture thinking how funny would it be to get a phone call from them saying that I was exactly what they were looking for. Well sure enough my dreams were answered the next day. The gentleman on the phone was nice enough but I could tell there was something fishy. Because Jessica had hand picked my photo out of hundreds even thousands I'm sure. Well I too was not born yesterday so I Googled "One So...before I got to the "u" OST scam showed up at the top. I was going to go for the sake of curiosity knowing the second they asked for a credit card, cash, check or pocket lint I was hitting the door. What a bunch of ###!!! I'm an adult I thought this might be something fun to do on the side maybe knowing full well nothing would probably come from it. But kids don't have that luxury. My heart goes out to you Mr. Nance and your step daughter. Man when will people learn. Maybe we should revert back to that whole eye-for an-eye thing. Thanks for getting the word out.

TOO EVERYONE ELSE ANSWER THAT CRAIGS LIST AD AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Red head in Chicago

• Pr
    princess Apr 15, 2009

this is the link to BBB.org
    that's the location where i went today for my first interview. i didn't realize it was a scam, but after all these comments i can believe something is not right..and agree with you guys! I'm not going for the 2d interview for sure. just still don't understand why it is accredited by better business bureau after all these complaints !!!

• Wo
    wowyouvegottobejoking Apr 19, 2009

they use a dude called Temur Dzidziguri and his sidekick is Aleksandre Makharoblidze at the manhattan office. SERIOUSLY, COULD ANYONE BE MORE OF A FAKE?!?!?!

they use the good looks and 'model-esque' posture to impress an innocent audience. i am going to pursue legal action IMMEDIATELY and i hope everyone will do the same!

THEY MAKE MONEY FROM HOPEFUL KIDS! HOW SHAMEFUL IS THAT

• Cr
    cris Apr 24, 2009

Thank you everyone for sharing your story and experience pertaining to the fraudulent scam of One Source Talent Agency. They also called me today to schedule an appointment for an interview on Saturday around eleven. It's just ashamed how these modeling agencies are so desperate to get their hands on money, even through the expense of not even getting the person into a modeling career. This is really ridiculous and despicable. I'm glad I didn't fall for that trick thanks to the people who may have experience this already. One thing I always remember Tyra Banks saying is that a modeling agency invest in not in vice-versa. They get twenty percent already from the job you perform. That's how it works for those of you, who are not familiar with the modeling industry.

• Jr
    jrpentland May 05, 2009

If he's really a "professional, " why is his english and grammar so poor? Speak much? I wouldn't want someone with his speaking skills representing me! It's like reading a text message from a 12 year old girl! OMG - ICYDN!!! H8TR!!!

• Th
    thedupedone May 14, 2009

i stay neutral in this for now because i have an interview sat at the new york office i asked if i could bring somebody for moral support who happens to be my uncle, they agreed and gave me an invite number for him so he can enter..can't wait to see thier faces when they find out he's a lawyer..mmm the irony i will keep you all informed no worries.

jolr May 18, 2009

haha do they train all their employees to say the exact same thing at every office throughout America? I went in with the knowledge that this business was a huge scam, but was interested in seeing for myself and the process of the evaluation. I gave them my pictures and they made me wait 20 minutes in the office by myself during their "evaluation" and come back all cheerful and happy saying I have "potential" to work in this industry. I was nonchalant about the congratulations from my "advisor" then she hit me with the $495 payment fee that I HAD to pay right at the moment. I told her that i believe this is a scam then she ranted about all the success stories this company had; in which i replied that i am not signing this because i believe this is a scam. Quickly, her cheerful, positive attitude turned to rude and telling me I am undeserving of this opportunity. I chuckled because I knew this company was a scam the moment i walked into the offices and was even more convinced when she said they dont work off of commissions from the work i do. I was quickly escorted out of the offices, laughing the entire way out

-Chicago

• Da
    dancr25 May 25, 2009

this is all too familiar! I am a professional dancer and so am used to auditioning and having people say no thank you to your look or style. if modeling is anything like dance, and I think it is, it is not as easy as it looks and requires more than the average set of skills to have a career in.

While at the interview, they hounded a group of 50 hopefuls with success stories of money and fame, and then more money. looking around the room, nobody there was capable of being "in the industry" (myself included) devoid of our commitment level (financial or any other). during my personal interview, the woman barely looked at me and played with her computer the whole time while writing down key things that I said like " I am kind of skeptical about all of this". She actually wrote that on my "audition sheet". After I said that, she said that I wasn't committed enough to getting involved in the business, which was a common thing for them to say while I was there, that I had to be committed to get into this business. BS. I responded with the fact that I have been working in the arts as a company dancer for years now and have never encountered such a pushy talent agency. she didn't like that so much, obviously, but was kind enough to set me up with my second interview. haha!

Also, from being in this business for a while now I have learned that headshots are expensive yes and you need to spend money on them if you are seriously going to be auditioning. however, if you are starting out and auditioning for talent agencies, take a polaroid or a picture with your 10 megapixel digital camera (or borrow someone elses) because if you are what they want, they will hire you from those. My headshot for 4 years was a picture my roommate took of me in college on her 10 megapixel camera and everyone always commented that they wished there headshot could be as professional. If they only knew!

don't be fooled, this place is shady!

chicago

• Im
    imlorettamartin May 25, 2009

this past saturday, May 23, 2009 i went to an "casting call" for the agency ONE SOURCE TALENT. i just started looking for agents just a few days before that. i didnt know what i was doing. and my initial instict was to google acting agencies in LA. i went to all of the agencies i saw, cruised through their websites, and submited information.

BIG MISTAKE!!!

once source talent called me the very next day from submiting the information. they said they wanted to meet with me, and they didnt mention anything about me having to pay any fees (i kept getting calls from people saying "i have jobs in your area, we think you are perfect for them, we will not take any commision from you, but you just pay an upfront fee" which is the biggest tell of a scam. upfront fees, jobs set up before they know you.") OST sounded like a real agency to me, over the phone.

i make my appointment, and i go meet them at the beverly hills office. i enter and its full of people, some man, hands me a paper to fill out, some other woman tells me to sit in another room, where "the devil wears prada" is playing. i fill it out, turn it in, and some woman tells me to go into a room, they take my measurements, and a picture, i sit back down. i wait for about 40 minutes and then, a woman walks in, she is blonde and is wearing a VERY UNPROFESIONAL DRESS AND HEELS, she looks like she is going to the beach. she gets up in the front of the room, and begins her speech. she speaks of how succesful the company is, and the films their talent has been in. it sounded pretty good to me (i had never been in this sort of situation before, so i had no idea what to expect) untill...in passing she mentioned "you will pay a fee to have a digital comp card on our site" "YOU WILL PAY A FEE" and that didnt sound right to me. to get work i need to pay a fee to be on their site. but i thought to myself, maybe its an option, and not everyone has to do that. but it just didnt settle in my stomach.

she left and they called people one by one, i was called up (first of all, i am a 19 year old girl with a big smile, and king of goofy. im just trying to say, i look like someone that is SCAMABLE) and the girl interviewed me, and she asked me simple questions "how serious are you?" "do you have a job or school that interfears?" "are you willing to relocate?" and it sounded normal. she tells me within minutes she loves me, and that she definately wants to see me back on monday. i am so excited this was my first experience, just a day after i start looking, i believe the stars are alined. i walk out, super excited.

now...on monday (today) i have the appointment to go at 4pm. and i did something, which i forgot to do on saturday which is google "how to spot an acting agency scam" and i looked it up, and OST only had one tell, which was they represent actors, modles, and extras. but as i keep looking i run into a site

which you can check to see if an agency has a lisence and when it expires. so i check OST...and i put in the adress...and guess WHAT??? ITS NOT THERE!!!

i get emediately concerned. so i google "one source talent scams" and OMG!!! hit after hit on blogs about how much OST is a SCAM SCAM SCAM. and people reporting the same situation i was JUST at and was hours away from having. OMG i read so many of these SCAMS... it is OBVIOUS IT IS A HUGE SCAM!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE...DONT BE FOOLED

dont submit yourself to FAKE agencies, NEVER trust anyone who says they have work for your ALREADY, the only way to get an agent is to find the adress and submit your headshot and resume via mail.

both of those are LISTS of agencies, you can check them out, but they dont advertise, which is a sign of a TRUE agency. and ALWAYS check to see if the people calling you are an AGENCY and not a OST SCAM!!!

i am debating if i should go to the OST call back, and just tell everyone there its a scam! but i really dont want to get arrested!!!

• Av
    AvitaltheAlien May 27, 2009

These ###s tried to scam me too, but luckily I just googled them. Nobody is gonna steal from me!

• Tr
    TROY MIch Jun 07, 2009

They are so pushy the moment you get in there. I took my daughter there and went all the way through to the second interview. Thats when they asked for the professional photography session fee and monthly web fee. I already recently had professional pictures and wanted to use those, but to then, they weren't professional enough. That session already cost me $300, and NOW you want me to take new pictures? I asked if I could think about it over the weekend. They said "NO". I mean this was a Friday night. All I asked for was time to think about the cost and get back to then Monday. A REAL business wouldn't pressure you into something this big. I knew then that something didn't feel right and I left. They made me feel so guilty for wasting their time and that I shouldn't have gone in for the 2nd interview if I wasn't serious about it.

• Mi
    MITA1 Jun 23, 2009

EVERYTHINGS SEEMS TRUE MY SON, APPLY MONDAY MORNING BY THE AFTERNOON HE GOT A CALLED. GOT AN INTERVIEW ON WEDNESDAY. WE ALSO WERE THINKING TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, I JUST WANTED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND THATS HOW I BUMPED INTO THIS SITE. I WILL TELL HIM ABOUT THIS SITE AND SHOW HIM. HOPEFULLY HE WONT GO, LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS. WILL POST IF HE GOES, AND WILL TELL WHAT HAPPEN. TILL THEN

jacejus Jun 24, 2009

today is 6-24-09 i went last night and thiere were about 30 poeple with thiere kids once u walk in the new york city office on the 12th floor suit 1210 its kind off dingy the carpet is dirty the wall are paited a color yellow not even painted well its like slap on just to make money and then they have this room as u walk in that looks like a studio with a sofa and a round lazy chair justlook t the place really you get a bad feeling about it when they call you the next day just look at the room no cameras no lights no backgrounds and when you get thiere not evry one is thiere not even the poeple that came in that night and the room that they take u in wow look at room they have this cardboard on the wall with tape and cut ups of models clued on the card board please this is bad its a real scam then they ask you to bring in pics of ure kid at least five or ten what for they should do all the photos come on they this is the biggy this guy walks in that cant even speak well name temur bilan look at the way he, s dress please and hes a office director and at that moment he wans 495.00 for digital comp cards and a monthly fee of 39.95 just to check on line i told him i dnt have it today he ask me if i can call some one with a credit card to put up the fee this is not a proffesional this is a con artis trying to take dreams away from young up coming actors and models and dreams so please stay away from this place dnt get robbed shame on you onesourcetalent 500 8th ave suite 1210 manhattan, n.y tel [protected] the con artis to this company is temur bilan this message is from a father that dont want his soon getting scam parents beware of this place

• De
    DEE.P2080 Jun 26, 2009

I signed up to this company ONESOURCETALENT. I am not going to say you guys are wrong...as we all know all things arent for all people. What I believe is a missed point that onesourcetalent speaks on but does not emphasize enough is that a lot of what OneSourceTalent Can do for you is based on your own work effort and your own commitment. I got that from the first day I went there. As in any business, the seller wants to only emphasize that which will pull you in...and in the fine print lies that which would most likely make you say "hey wait a minute!...you mean i cant just sit on my fat ### and get famous."

I recieved an email from OneSourceTalent within 2days of my 2nd meeting with them. I have also applied to casting calls and recieved responses.

NOW OBSERVE THE FACT THAT THERE ARE ###S EVERY WHERE YOU GO. ARE THERE ###S THAT WORK AT ONESOURCE TALENT?...YES
    HAVE I ENCOUNTERED ANY OF THESE ###S?...YES
    WILL I BECOME AN ### BECAUSE THEY ARE ###S?...NO!!!

YOU ENTERED INTO A BUSINESS WHERE YOUR POOR LITTLE FEELINGSDONT MATTER. THE UGLY IS UGLY THE BEUATIFUL IS UGLY AND THE ###S ARE UGLY...BUT THEY MAKE IT LOOK GOOD AND THATS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT. YOU MUST LEARN TO DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE ON THEIR OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU ARE TRYING TO ENTER THEIR WORLD. TOUGHN UP! THICKEN YOUR SKIN! AND LOOK FORWARDS TO EVERYTHING BAD YOU CAN IMAGINE BECAUSE THAT IS THE BUSINESS YOU ARE CHOOSING TO CONDUCT.

NO I DO NOT WORK FOR ONESOURCETALENT, I AM JUST ONE OF THE PEOPLE THAT IS NOT EXPECTING TO BE A STAR OVERNIGHT JUST BECAUSE I PAID $495.00 TO ONESOURCETALENT.

I DO EXPECT ONESOURCETALENT TO LIVE UP TO ALL THEY HAVE PROMISED THE SAME AS THEY EXPECT ME TO DO. AND EVEN IF THEY ARE PROFITTING OFF OF THE WANTS AND DESIRES OF THE PUBLIC TO BE ACTORS AND MODELS, THEY DONT GUARANTEE YOU ANYTHING BUT SOME ASSISTANCE IN YOUR JOURNEY AND SOME EXPOSURE THAT YOU WOULDN'T GET ON YOUR OWN WHICH THEY DO PROVIDE FROM MY EXPERIENCE WITH THEM AND I'VE ONLY BEEN WITH THEM FOR ABOUT ALL OF 1.5 WEEKS.

P.S. YOU WOULD END UP SPENDING THAT MONEY ANYWAY AND GETTN LESS FOR IT IN THE WORLD OF THE ASPIRING ACTOR...

• Nv
    NVNSTAR Jun 26, 2009

thank god i read this blog and did my research
    this "agency" has been contacting me for 3 months. the first time i got the email i was extremely excited. i'm 16 years old and an aspiring model/singer/actress, you name it, the entertainment industry is for me. so the first time i got an email i immediately showed it to my mother and she was very excited for me as well. she called the lady, joy summers is her name?, and they played phone tag for the longest time but never settled on anything. this made my mother skeptical but i told her it was just a minor detail. they just emailed me back today.. and mysteriously the beginning of the email was the exact same beginning as the previous email i was sent. at first i thought "sure they have tons of clients they must just use this as a standard opening".. i showed it to my mom about 20 minutes ago and she said great and that she would call in the morning to schedule an apt. for tuesday at 7PM with mr bilan?
    usually its my mom who does the research but i thought hey why not just look up the website and what not. the website looks extremely professional, with tons of testimonials from current and past clients who said that they've had much success with One Source. then i decided to look up mr. bilan, to see if he had any write ups and to see if he was really legit. first thing that popped up on the goggle page was this site and i am SO extremely grateful for it. i cant believe that they wanted 395 for photos. i have my own head shots that i've submitted to various auditions and castings and never once have i heard them say that it was mandatory to take new photos. this is ridiculous and they need to be stopped because if i or my mother hadn't looked anything up we would have been cheated out of a lot of money.

jacejus Jun 26, 2009

please check this out i had a friend try to find some info on this fake and crooked place and look what came up every one should call the news and tell them about this place and get them shut down...Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 10:47:15 AM
    Subject: RE: investigate

This is in response to your request for the status of:

ONE SOURCE TALENT

Upon a search of our indices we find no record of the above named
    entity.

You may wish to contact the county clerk's office in the county where
    the entity is located to determine if the certificate is on file at the
    county level.

We hope you find the above information to be of assistance. If we may
    provide any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[protected]
    www.dos.state.ny.us

• Ra
    rawrhotpink Jul 06, 2009

OST IS A SCAM. they got me and one of the girls assured me i could get my money back and some girl nancy called me and we were arguing and she was like ohh yu did sign the paper i was like ok my dad signed it but it was false what she had said that the money was going for. omg i felt like slapping her.. i wanna go to their castings and when everyone is there just yell out that their a scam and get a lot of people to not get involved !! this was a really bad experience since i lost $540 for nothing.. !! i brought in professional pictures and they took some pollaroids in their crappy ### office and put them up in the site wich i used a few times and i didnt do anything ! i jst changed the hobbies and lookd and the pictures and i would show the pictures to my parents ...and now she was saying that they had "professional" pictures taken at the office and that my comp card was made !! like what !!! i was aware of the cost by the 3rd appointment but that money was paid for nothing because they did no work for me and i had to pay their photographer which i've read takes horrible pictures !! never get involved and if you do, , CURSE THEM OUT!! >:o
    all those storied are FAKE !! ughh i feel like showing up at the office and pulling all their hairs out and putting a sign outside saying their are a scam !! >:O

• Ca
    Candyland Jul 20, 2009

I have a ppmnt tonight for my 4 year old daughter. After reading this I am not goning to drag my 4 year old daughter all the way out to Beverly Hill's like and hour away to be conned out of 500+ bucks that I dont have. Thank you so much for telling your stories, I know that if a Agency ever asks for money they are not legitimate.

Candyland