Complaints & Reviews

modeling agency

Starting from the interview, it felt very unprofessional and condescending the entire time. They wanted money upfront, and never actually did anything in the lines of comp cards, or even a mention on the website. I was frequently sent castings that I didn't fit the requirements for, and only heard back from one months after I had marked interest. I heard nothing about it until the day before the audition, when I had a shift at my job that day since I was never given a date to book off. All in all a colossal waste of money, any models should look elsewhere.

A modelling scam

I previously posted on behalf of Arkbound about Apple Models. I have now been informed they have changed their name to 'Orange Models'. It would almost be humourous if not for the damage they are doing - literally scamming people out of thousands, as well as destroying dreams. I am so appalled that if anyone contacts me I am happy to send them some information on taking them to court. It CAN be done!

• Ka
    Kate Bishop Jun 24, 2016

I forgot to add that my email is kbishop(a)arkbound.com

Cantbelieveifellforit Jul 26, 2016

I got my money back in full from them when they were apple models. Here is what I emailed them. It may be of help to anyone else. they did'nt even query the money it just went back into my account.

"Ive been trying to phone but it's no suprise that the phone goes directly to voice mail. Just to let you know I've reported Metro Photography and Apple Models to trading standards and they agree that I have a case. You are fraudulently conning people via your "platform" Apple Models into having a photo shoot on the pretence they could have a career in modelling. Both companies are actually registered at the same address and are owned by the same person but no reference is made to this. I've done a bit of digging and the man that owns these two companies used to run a similar scam but got shut down.

So how do you scam people? An innocent person sends a photo to Apple models, a platform that sells itself on being legitimate and trustworthy and a contact to all the big modelling agencies. Apple then phone to say that they like the photo and invite the innocent to have a photo shoot as they may have what it takes to be a model. The studio happens to be Metro, which take photos for free with a £50 no show no refund booking fee. Metro are very quick to say not everyone is successful and if so they get their £50 back and no charge for the shoot. What really happens is that they tell everyone they have been successful and that they need to buy the photos for a lot of money if they are to get taken seriously in the modelling world.

I came with my 10 year old son. He had the shoot and was told he'd been successful. I had my guard down that day and you fleeced me and my husband for over £800 which included 45 images on a disc, a printed glossy portfolio and some printed cards. whilst I received the images on the day it's been nearly 4 weeks and I've not received the calling cards or the printed out portfolio of the photos. I very much doubt I will.

Metro and Apple feature a lot in discussions about modelling scams - I only wish I'd done my research beforehand. Your representative told us apple would be in touch since my son had been successful but of course they haven't. The whole thing is a ruse to get people to buy your photos since there's not much money in photoshoots without a purpose and modelling is the perfect enticement. Technically you may argue that you've done nothing wrong since we have paid for a product but you are immoral in how you go about this. In my case you haven't sent me all I paid for so you are illegitimate.

I will try and get the money back don't you worry but if I don't I am fortunate I can take the hit, unlike some of the poor victims you fleece. When I was there on that Sunday I saw young boys and girls hoping to break into modelling and your staff all knew that none of them would. They must have be laughing behind their backs at their gullibility. These poor young things who have no money are being fleeced by you for often £1000 or more. You are breaking their hearts and their dreams and financially conning them. These are young naive victims and you willingly prey on them.

I'm ashamed to say I paid £800 for a set of dreadful photos. Yes they are awful and there must be only 4 decent ones. The "make over" for some of the shots was truly laughable and you made my son look ridiculous. At the time I did not say anything as I thought they were professional people doing the work and they knew what they were doing. On reflection I doubt that and think its quite possible they were actors trained to play the part!

Your staff tried to persuade us that we needed a website - all in for an eye watering £1600!! My guard was down that day but thank god I wasn't completely conned that I agreed to that. My husband was very wary but we did this all for my son and the worst bit was he was in the room with us. I now see why the "advisor" was emphatic that he should come in too. I'm normally someone who smells a scam but your staff are trained well.

So where do we go from here? Well trading standards has logged my complaint and will be referring it on. I'm not expecting to receive the printed portfolio or cards which we paid for so by my calculations that puts you in breach of contract and I can pursue you that way too. I want my money back for the printed product that I've still not received so if I don't hear from you and get this sorted I'll be letting trading standards know. I'm within my rights to ask for a full refund as I'm still within the 28 day cooling off period. Even if I wasn't I'd still be pursuing you for all the above reasons. I worked at the BBC for many years and have a lot of industry contacts and im sure they'd be very interested in a story like this. Over to you."

Cantbelieveifellforit Jul 26, 2016

I got my money back with no arguments - all £800 of it after being fleeced in March 2016 when they were still Apple models. I've attached the email here for you to see. I hope it helps others as they are a shocking scam.

Cantbelieveifellforit Jul 26, 2016

If the file has not uploaded contact me and I'll send it you you as if it helps others to get their money back I'd like to help.

• Ok
    okani1234 Apr 16, 2017

Last year they also took my daughter pictures and claimed that she was successful so that i had to pay them total of 600 pounds. my daughter was very serious about modelling and wanted to do this so i gave it a try not knowing that i was being scammed. since last year i have been trying to contact them yet the call goes straight to an answering machine. i have sent them an email but they still haven't contacted me.
    I am going to report them to trading standard agency in order to get my money back
    Very disappointed

rip off.. SCAMMER

Scam scam scam SCAMMMMMMM save ur money.. i talked with a guy named Tipu Bathi. Seems nice before u sign...

Scam agency

This "agency" has different contracts for different clients. They are taking on way too many clients then...

Orange Model Scam?

Went for an interview today with a man named Tipu (Downtown Toronto) and the whole process seemed pretty legit, same with the people working there. Had a long conversation over how competitive the industry is, and that they didnt want to see me get upset and take it personally if I auditioned and got rejected! Near the end of the interview, I was told that they would accepted into the agency because of my confidence level, and my look. I was told that they wanted to get me to sign the agreement so they can start to market me asap! I told them I needed time to think about it. I started doing research after the interview and all I see is forums saying that they are bad, and comments saying that they are good and they have been signed with them for 2 years and never had a problem. I was told I would have to pay around $600 for comp cards and head shots, and the agency would cover the other costs. Thats a lot of money to waste, if it indeed is a scam! So please can somebody with any fashion experience or personal experiences with the company help me so I can figure out if I should sign the agreement or not! Im tired of reading posts that say the company is horrible, and you didn't get work from them so its their fault! Thats completely false! Its not the agencies fault, its the casting directors decision. Also one last thing, since their are so many posts about people finding reputable agencies, why don't you share with us the name of the agency, going to mention that you found one! I need options and I'm taking this whole scam thing very seriously, so everyones experience helps! Thanks for your help in advance :)

Scam

I've registered with OMMI and I've been disappointed ever since. I was basically told by one of their agents that they take everyone that tries to register with them. So much for the ego boost I thought I was getting from being called by them. They charge you an expensive opening fee, give you pictures, tell you that they are submitting you for parts, but it is very hard, to know when you ask them, which part they are submitting you for.
When you start wondering why you are not getting any parts, they try to tell you that you are not being selected because you don't have enough experience. Not all media jobs require experience. The thing is that several of their models don't have experience and it seems that it is only a few lucky ones that are working. the rest is there ... to help pay the rent !!!
What saddens me is when they meet you before registering, they give you the impression that you are an addition to their team, you have the looks to do all sorts of projects, they tell you about all the wonderful things their models do, when in fact they know that they will never give you any work.

• Jc
    JCtout Oct 01, 2010

• Ju
    Jul1193 Apr 22, 2011

The only serious modelling agencies in montreal are:
    Dulcedo Models Management
    Folio Models Management
    Next Models Mangement
    Montage Models Management
    Specs Models Management
    Avoid the other ones, they are not ''real modelling agencies''. They are only there for ''wanne be'' models who wants so much to be a model but just can't because they don't have the physic and are ready to do anything to actually think they are a model. Try to integrate an artist agency instead!

• Cu
    Cute Princess Jun 18, 2012

I can't believe so many people make their decision off "advice" (some of it ###, some of it rumors!) from some people who know dick-all about what they're talking about! Sure do your research, gather info. But I'm pretty sure the most important thing is what you find out yourself.

I had a meeting with them, and was doing some research when I stumbled upon this thread. And guess what?! I'm still going to join them! I'm going to use my common sense, and my brain to make a decision for myself. They work with legitimate clients, have a track records of jobs.. else all is garbage.

• Is
    IsisCleo Aug 04, 2012

Hi, I am about to sign with Orange Model Management for Commercial work this coming Monday (August 6th) and after reading the complaints and reviews I am terrified to do so. I'm a mother that currently works part time so I was looking to make some extra money. At the interview I felt great because the Agent definately made it seem like I would get work and had a great look but now I wonder... He said they'd pay for the Portfolio 6 pictures and I would have to pay for the Z card which is $300, please if anyone knows that I shouldn't sign with them, send me an e mail asap. much appreciated. e mail is [email protected]

A Good Scam

My fiance started with Orange a few months ago and has had 1 actual job... He paid out tons of money to thi...

SCAM!

These people that work for this agency are scam artists. They overcharge, I mean who in their right mind...

Scam

Agency requests the aspiring models to pay $700 for prints. The price is 10 times higher than normally in the...