on starroad side assistance

K

I am extremely disappointed and appalled about the so called "free" roadside assitance covered under my vehicle's warranty. I had to rush out of town to see my grandmother for the last time before she passed away, when I ran out of gas on my way back home. The last thing on my mind was gasoline, since I was so distraught. The state of mind I was in, feeling afraid of being in the middle of nowhere, and still having approximately 40 miles to the nearest gas station, I called "On Star." I thought I had nothing to worry about. I was wrong. Good thing I had my bankcard with me. It took over an hour to get someone from a towing company to bring me gas and after the "free" roadside assitance, I had to pay $70.00 out of my pocket for a quarter tank of gas. I feel completely misled by OnStar's ads and I also feel robbed and taken advantage of in a time of need.

• Pi
    Piercealberta Jul 28, 2016

Early 2012 onstar started billing my credit card twice for a vehicle that was wrote off in November 2010. In July we finally had all the issues resolved, they were giving me a credit of $250 and $366. They applied one credit right away to my credit card. Why they didnt apply both I'm not sure, but I am still fighting for the second one. I call every 7-10 business days. They always have an excuse. The first time the mailed it too the wrong address ( which is my parents and I never got it). So they cancelled that cheque and mailed a new, never got it. So then they were doing a direct deposit after they verified that cheque never cleared. Never received it. Than they were applying it too my credit card. Never received it! Since July I have been waiting and dealing with their bull ### lies and excuses. Than to make issues even worse they continue to call my husbands ex wife and discuss our account details. I cancelled her on the account over 3 years ago and every time I call I cancel her again. One excuse they had was they didn't have our phone number, even though to access our account you verify it with my cell phone and email! Been waiting 9 months for my credit! They are fast to bill my credit card twice after the account had been shut down for over a year, but not so fast to give me my money back.

• Cp
    cperry54 Jul 28, 2016

post card was sent out by on star for a survey, and the site that was on the post card dos'nt exist.

• Ve
    vermonter Jul 28, 2016

you send a onstar post card to do a survey on line and you cant get on your web sight to do the survey .I suggest you check your web sights out before you mail out the post cards to do the survey

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices