Omega MeatsRefused to Refund

Here is my complaint I made to BBB. Omega Meats is no longer a member of the BBB:

My husband and I purchased meat from you on Friday January 16, 2009. We tried the meat on Sunday January 18, 2009 and the meat did not meet the expectations you had set. I called you on Monday January 19, 2009 and you did not return my phone call. I finally was able to get in contact with you on Thursday January 22, 2009 and you informed me that Customer Service would contact me that day or on Friday January 23, 2009. Customer service never contacted me. I spoke with a person from your office on Friday and was informed that I would be able to receive a full refund as I contacted you within the 3 days. I am looking to you to take care of this situation soon as you are the representative for your company.

On January 29, 2009 Omega Meats' representative, Mike Tosi left me a detailed message (which I have saved) stating he was going to provide me with a refund on February 3, 2009. Omega Meats' representative, Mike Tosi never came to my house to honor the cash refund of $150 nor has he responded to the numerous voicemails my husband and I have left.

On February 24, 2009 I spoke with Omega Meats' customer service and they were not sure if Mike Tosi still worked for them Omega Meats and they felt they were not responsible for their representatives.

My husband and I have attempted to resolve this issue on our own and it was only when we were met with contempt that we decided to request the Better Business Bureau's assistance.

• Bu
    Bubba Girl Jul 30, 2012

We bought some meat from Omega Meats about 15 years ago and didn't like it. A salesman came buy today said the company had changed. I just wanted to buy one piece, so I could cook it and check it out. He rolled his eyes and said some kind of junk. I came so close to buying some meat, and I did gave him the 3 degree, because I know how salesman's are. He said he didn't have any more meat or chicken, but had fish. I don't like fish, and asked if I could looked in the freezer on his truck to see if he was telling me the truth. He didn't have any more meat or chicken, but a pack of fish, so he did tell the truth on that. I called my hubby at work and he said since we were going to the beach in 6 day, see if he can come back in a month. The salesman got very upset at what I said, and fussed at me for wasting his time! I guess the company never has did changed! The meat box looked very distressed and worn out and melted. I recommend DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Your better off to buy from Walmart, and I don't like Walmart meats! lol. Harris Teeter is expensive, but check the sales, they have really good meats! If you can find a really goof OLD COUNTRY STORE, they have GREAT MEATS TOO!!!

• Lj
    ljhassell Apr 20, 2012

Do not purchase any meats from this company. They are con artists and duke you for your money. They don't care, meat is not FDA it is disgusting and terrible low quality. You can get better meats with ROAD KILL! The driver/ salesmen are fast talking ### artists We bought the steak box and he told us not to say anything for the price of the seafood box which was hundreds less, the steaks were uneatable, and tough as hell. So we complained to BBB well we got humiliated by the woman who supposedly cares about customers, they do not refund, drag their feet and are rip offs! This is outrageous and unacceptable. Businesses that care about people dont treat them this way, but I wouldnt expect the people that are befitting from ripping off hard working people to care. Beware I wil never allow any of these crooks on our property! Hope they rot in HELL!

• He
    Heather belvins Jun 01, 2011

I just recently bought food from omega meats an to my astonishment the food was very good an I feel I got a fair price I will continue to do business with them . Maybe not all of them I mean you can tell if they r on drugs or not my represenitive was very respectable an I look forward to doing business with him again . Thanks Shaun G, u can come back to my house any time

• Ra
    Raven Gordon Feb 23, 2011

I had one enter my home uninvited and they saw the end of my shotgun where they knew it was a good idea to leave. When I called their main office I could not believe when I told her he entered my home with out being asked to come in... KIM had the nerve to ask me well if I didnt want them to enter my home, do I have a no trespass sign. I could not believe how stupid she was.

• Su
    sunset26 Nov 01, 2010

Omega meats is not to be trusted! I had some people come to my house that claimed to be with Omega Meats. I did not buy anything from them, but the regret I do have is going to the door. They were rude and asked questions that were none of their business. The man asked questions such as if I were married, what I did, my age, and tried to hit on me the whole time, he went as far as to try to get me number and asked if I wanted a boyfriend. I was disgusted! Not only did I feel uneasy but when I told him I was not interested and that those questions were none of his business, he continued to talk and wouldn't leave immediately. I have heard others say that the food they sale is very poor quality and has even made them sick. I would never buy from them, and I will never go to the door for them again. They were rude and intrusive to me and made me feel threatened and unsafe. Bottom line, DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!

andrewbravo Aug 26, 2010

I worked for them for a day in the greensboro area.
    What I noticed were some good people...and some hard partying as well.
    Seems like alot of pain pills are swallowed to get the nerve to go knocking on so many doors each and every day. I just stayed in the truck and let the ex-con, (6 years), do all the talking.
    If I saw one of their [censor] trucks roll-up...hell no i'm not answering.
    And as far as the quality of the meat goes...well...if the BBB gives them an F rating...how good can the meat be????
    Andrew Bravo

• Pe
    peytonmanningfan1 Aug 19, 2010

i had a guy named dwayne or dawayne from omega meets come to my door about a month ago. he sold me some of the disgusting meet for over 150.00! it made my family very sick and sleepless at night with stomach aches. the next day i called this dwayne back to "buy some more". when he showed i gave him a piece of my mine. my court date is next month. it has been continued twice. (: i believe that is how these situations need to start being handled.

• St
    SteveVA Aug 01, 2010

Omega Meats is known to sell their products without a copy of their business license and / or without a valid solicitiors permit in certain cities. Several of their "meat men" have been jailed in my city due to failure to comply with soliciting requirements. They just dont get the hint.

• Br
    Brandi S Jul 17, 2010

I recently purchased meat from dawayne of omega meats. he kept coming around begging so i finally gave in.he told me to call him if i wasn`t satisfied with something and he would give me something else.the meat is horrible..every last thing i`ve tried is bad.so i call him yesterday to tell him and he has his girlfriend call me back & curse me out. how professional is that. he should be fired.if he comes to your door dont open it...that place is a joke!

• Hi
    highly disappionted Jul 02, 2010

I will never buy meat from Omega Meats again their representative A.B. was very dishonest in his position in the company. The cost of the products. He told us he own the company than his story changed a lot. Gave me numbers to where I couldn't get up with him. but he left with a 200.00 check and another one post dated. (400.00 total). It was a mess then threaten to call the police on me because I wouldn't give him another 260.oo check. That was a intimidation tactic to get more money out of me. I told him I acknowledge that I owe the product but it was not the quality he stated and he dint exchange any foods for better as He had stated before . This entire deal was fishy from the beginning. IF OMEGA MEATS COME TO YOUR DOOR DON'T ANSWER.

THEY MAY HAVE SOME HONEST PEOPLE WORKING FOR THEM BUT THE REP WE HAD ISN'T
    .I WILL PAY FOR THIS PURCHASE BUT WILL NEVER AGAIN BUY FROM THEM. ALL THOSE PEOPLE THAT PAY WITH FOOD STAMPS YOU ARE BETTER OFF GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE AND GET GROCERIES.

this deal was bunch of malarky. Please do BBB check on this company before you buy. They have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau.

I should have done my homework but I didn't .

• Om
    omega_meats_reviewer May 21, 2010

I just had my first experience with Omega Meats. I salesmans showed up to door to sell the surplus stock they had, a case of chicken and a case of steaks for $229. Lets just say I decided to cancle the order after about 30 mins, and to my surprise they completely honored the refund within the next 1-2 hours. The salesman Ben Hoffman was very professional and was great to talk too, and didn't give me any issues with the refund. Can't speak to the quality of the food though.

• Gr
    Graham NC Dec 10, 2009

Totally agree...we could not believe how tough the ribeye
    steaks were.

TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

• Me
    meat girl Jun 28, 2009

I am a meat delivery person who works for my families own small mom&pop owned version of omega meats. we have been in buisness for 17 yrs! We have NO outstanding complaints with any office or person.

Unfortunatley when I amselling door to door i hear Many horror stories about Omega Meats. I do not understand how in the world they can still be in buisness after the insanely inhumane stories I have heard from 90% of ppl who have dealt with them...

ppl shoul STAY AWAY from Omega Megats at ALL COSTS BUT, please realize that, in fact, we are Not all the same
    ( speaking of ethics, buisness practices, past history, and above all: Food Quality!)

Please consider that there are plenty of meat salesppl who are making an HONEST living and who have lived off this line of work for many many yrs.

thanks

• Di
    disappointed Apr 11, 2009

I am curious as to whether you ever received your full refund? I just recently purchased from Omega Meats and have found the same thing with the quality. I am pursuing a refund as well and am wondering what obstacles I am going to face. My son and I got sick from eating their food. When I called and complained the call was somehow "dropped" and I have still not heard back after leaving numerous messages...