Impact Guns Complaints & Reviews

Impact GunsTOOK MONEY/NO PRODUCT

On December 12, 2012, I placed an order for a gun. I have had no response from them as to the status of my order. I submited payment oin December 12, 2012. The payment was cleared by my bank on that day. They do not respond to emails. They do not answere the phone. I canceled the order. But they never refunded even a portion of the payment.

• Dg
      DGagnon Mar 21, 2013

I placed an order for a Bushmaster Varminter with Impact Guns on Dec 15 and my account said my order would ship on or before Dec 28. I called them multiple times and could not get through. Their phone line disconnects you when you reach internet sales. I wrote to them several times and each of my emails was unanswered. After 3 months of categorizing my order as "pending" they just cancelled my order. People should be very wary of doing business with this company.

Impact GunsNo communication

Ordered a Springfield XDs as the Impact Guns' site showed the item was in-stock. I sent a check and my bank said the check cleared 12/31/12. I have called a number of times and left messages, sent several emails. To date, I have not received a response to the phone calls or the emails. I have attempted to access "MY ACCOUNT" on their website only to have the site transfer me to a picture of a broken gun with a headline of how the product has a lifetime warranty. Has anyone out there been scammed to the point of not receiving reimbursement or what was ordered? If so, did you EVER get your money back and, if you did, how did you go about getting it?

• Me
        Meintheusa Jan 16, 2013

I am dealing with these people now. I actually talked to a live person tonight and she was basically stupid. Said I need to continue correspondence online cause they can't solve problems. and the call was answered hello. I have a $70 tablet that can't stay connected to wifi but they only want to give me $55 and I have to ship it back to them. they're idiots. I will be spreading the word. No they are not legit at all. Live and learn, I'll never buy from them again.

Impact Gunsguns

Bad Service & Misleading, I called to confirm that they had the gun I wanted, they said they did. It showed in stock on the site also. I have a pic from the order date which was 8 weeks ago. I call today to see WTF and they tell me atleast a month away. My first purchase with them and I will never order anything from them again.

Impact GunsExtremely rude, horrible customer service

Manager Brian was extremely rude to me when I called in to find out the status of a long over due order . He refused to transfer me to his boss when I asked him to, then he proceeded to tell me that he was going to cancel my order and then he hung up on me. All because I wanted to find out if an order I had placed with them, and had already PAID for, was going to be here in time for Christmas. It was such outrageous behavior... I'm still baffled by it! I can't believe he acted like that to me.

• Ji
            Jim Clifton Jun 19, 2012

I agree. I also called to check on my order on an AR10 which was advertised as immediately available when I purchased it. They charged the credit card and 10 days later...no gun. Called and they said it was in, but they were behind on unpacking things.
            Called 10 days later after no gun and they then told me they had ordered from the factory and they could not tell me when it would be in because the factory was backlogged. Will never use Impact Guns again. We have a choice; let's use it.
            They were rude and obnoxious and indifferent and also stated they would just cancel my order. I obliged and had it cancelled and ordered from Accurate Systems in Co. They were very nice, took my order and then called me with the Fed-x number and concurrently emailed it to me. What a difference. Call Carl at 303.822.6849 for exceptional service. Jim Clifton - Dissatisfied with Impact Guns!!!

Impact GunsNot what it seems to be

I placed an order with Impact Guns on the 14th of October for a shotgun. I did this because the price was great, I now know why, it takes forever to get the purchase. This company operates as the worst MIDDLE man I have ever seen. On October 26th, I had to cancel my order. The website said it would ship in 5 to 7 days, and I waited far beyond that to call and inquire about the gun. It turns out that they had to order the gun from the maker and did not do that until sometime around the 19th.

Each time that I called I got a different story. Oops, the manufacturer did not ship or receive the order on the date it was supposed to. It should be a few more days. Bullspit!! finally, I just cancelled my order and went to the local Walmart and purchased the shotgun with no wait.

I will never order anything else from them.

• Bi
              Big ED from the bronx Sep 28, 2015

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE NEGATIVE REMARKS ABOUT THIS (SWITCH AND BAIT )company.I was also preyed a pond at the tune of $1126.00 when the price was quoted at $998.26.Ripped of f...hung up twice no answer to e mails

Impact GunsPoor Service

I have bought several guns in the past from Impact Guns in Boise. I preferred to go there due to a great selection and what seemed like great service.

I bought a semi auto wasr AK from the sales guy who also happened to be the gunsmith. I took the new in box rifle home, unpackaged it, field stripped it, and noticed no pin holding the threaded gas piston into the bolt. This caused great safety concerns as over time the piston may un-thread itself. If it were to come apart when firing it would land a gas piston in the face of the shooter.

I brought it back to them and they said they would have there gunsmith fix the problem. They told me they would be willing to fix the problem, but they were backed up and it would take a few weeks. After about a month I gave them a call back. It still had not been looked at or fixed. Another month went by. I again called. This time I spoke with the assistant manager Erin. I reminded her I was patiently waiting and that there was no delay on my end when payment was requested for the new rifle. She stated that she would find out what the problem was and give me a call back. I received a call back and she stated there was nothing wrong with it and would I like to speak with the gunsmith. I spoke with the gunsmith (the younger guy with the beard who sold me the gun). He said that an AK does not need a pin to function and that they would not be fixing it. I know for a fact that after an AK gas piston is threaded it needs to be pinned. What he was saying would be analogous to a new car salesman selling you a car with a missing lug nut on a wheel. Sure it might get you down the road, but it is a safety feature that the wheel have all of the lug nuts and is a standard that a customer would expect from a brand new product.

Not being satisfied, I called a few days later and spoke with the store manager Ryan. He stated that they would not be willing to put a retaining pin in because it is not a standard feature of that rifle.

I had previously spent well over $4000.00 in the last 2 years at Impact Guns. I absolutely will not step foot in there store ever again after this experience. They shouldn't be selling sub standard products or make promises to fix substandard products and not follow through. Absolutely a horrible disappointment with them. None of my gun buddies go there anymore either due to poor service they have experienced. Try Boise Gun, Cabella's, or Cliff's first. Or order online and have it shipped to an FFL.

• Be
                berriepastel Jan 09, 2013

On 12/12/12 I placed an order with Impact Guns for an AR-15. I figured this was enough time to have an item shipped on time for Christmas. I never received a tracking number of any sort so I attempted to contact the vendor via telephone and email only to receive automated responses. Realizing my account was not debited and I wouldn't receive my item on time, I decided to cancel the order online in which I received confirmation on. I received a phone call on 12/27/12 from my local gun store that the item was ready to be picked up. I informed them it was a cancelled order and noticed my account was already debited for the item. I was told they couldn't hold the gun for me as they had no extra storage space in which I had to pay a transfer fee of $30 and a background check for $25. Not only was this inconveniant, but I also would have received a 15 day delayed order that would have resulted in a late Christmas gift. I also had to pay $40 to ship back the gun totaling an extra $95. I am still waiting for my account to be credited back and asked for a reimbursement for the fees involved only to be turned away as this was "not their mistake." Never again will I conduct business with this vendor.

• Ph
                PhilMe Jul 04, 2011

I have never purchased a gun there, but like most gun shops I find the attitudes poor. They act like they are the foremost expert on guns. I like the range but will never buy a gun there. Also they charge a standard $50.00 for FFL gun transfers to buy a gun online and have them receive it for you. Most places charge half and I know a guy in caldwell that only charges $20.00. Cliffs does a great job and so does boise gun co. The only problem with boise gun co. is that the store is a mess and it takes them a while to do some things because of the mess.

Impact Gunssold my layaway springfield 1911

IMPACT GUNS LAID AWAY A SPRINGFIELD 1911 PISTOL AND THEN SOLD BEFORE I PICKED IT UP, THE LAYAWAY IS 90 DAYS, I PUT ADEPOSIT DOWN, LIKE ALWAYS, WENT TO PAY IT OFF 65 DAYS LTER AND THEY HAD GONE INTO LAYAWAY, REMOVED MY GUN AND SOLD FROM UNDER ME, I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY DEPOSIT BACK EITHER! IMPACT GUNS ARE LIERS AND THIEVES IN MY BOOK BUYER BEWARE, U WILL GET SCREWED! AND BRIAN IN INTERNET SALES SAID SOMEONE MADE A MISTAKE, THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT, HOW ABOUT GIVIN MY F...ING DEPOSIT BACK U JERK! THE GUN BUSSINESS IS BUILT ON TRUST, ALWAYS HAS BEEN AND THERE IS ONE THING FOR SURE IMPACT GUNS IN UTAH CANNOT BE TRUSTED, I WILL NEVER ORDER FOM THEM AGAIN AND ANYONE WHO DOES, DOES SO AT THEIR OWN PERIL! LYING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, CHANGING THE STATUS OF AN ORDER IN THE COMPUTER FROM LAY AWAY TO BACKORDER HAS GOT TO BE ILLEGAL IN SOME WAY.IF I LVED IN UTAH I WOULD BE THERE RIGHT NOW W/STATE POLICE, AND PRESS ANY AND ALL CHARGES POSSIBLE! ITS A FORM OF FRAUD FOR CHRISTS SAKE, CANNOT BE LEGAL TO DO, AND IF IT IS, IT STILL JUST PLAIN WRONG! BUYER BEWARE OF IMPACT GUNS IN UTAH, , SINCERLY CHARLES MALTA KWF

Impact Guns###

In November of 2008 I ordered a rifle from Impact Guns at one of their retail locations. At the time of the order, the estimated wait time was 12 weeks, which was understandable with the recent increase in popularity in AR 15 style rifles. I put $200 down on the rifle and was to pay the remaining balance upon picking the rifle up. Twelve weeks went by, and I had heard nothing from them, so I called them to find out the status on my order. When i spoke to the employee he informed me that my rifle had not yet arrived, and that they would call me when it arrived. Four more weeks went by, and I decided to call them again, only this time i was told that not only was my order not in yet, but that it probably would be a much longer wait. Upon hearing this grim news i asked the fella if i could cancel and get my money back, and he told me that i could.
                The details I shared in the proceeding paragraph are not what cause me to post this complaint. It is what happened when I went to the store that i felt was some total bull ###. I gave the worker my name so that he could look me up and process the refund and cancelation. The problem was that when he pulled my name up on the computer, there was no order history in my name. Luckily i had my reciept with me, because if I didn't, i would have been ### out of luck. When the worker scanned the reciept, my order came up, along with my credit card information, the specs on the rifle i had ordered, only under somebody else's name. Pretty fishy if you ask me. I had placed the order before the big rush, and felt confident that i would be able to get my gun long before everyone who rushed to the gun stores after the election and placed an order on a semi auto rifle. What I think happened was one of the workers there pulled some shady ### and changed my order with one of their friends or something so that they could be moved to the front of the waiting list, and that I would be left to believe that I didn't order my rifle early enough to beat the rush. It's a damn good thing that i kept that reciept or maybe i would have never even got the gun i ordered if it came it since the order in the system was all incorrect, at least the important part, that i ordered the gun and put money down on it. I will never step foot in one of their stores again, and will shout from the ###ing rooftops, so that all may hear, DO NOT BUY FROM IMPACT GUNS!!! THEY ARE ARE DISHONEST, AND WILL SCREW YOU ANY WAY THEY CAN!
                Please don't disregard this warning, I am being completely truthful, and don't want any honest, hard working American to get screwed over like i did.

thanks for reading.

• Fr
                    Fred Dickinson May 21, 2013

My experience: Wish I had done my research...

Terrible!!! I ordered a "new" Ruger SR1911 Custom that was supposed to be smithed and tuned with $500 worth of work. The sight was put on visible crooked and the trigger had more slack the any of my stock 1911's. Worse, the gun have dent in the frame, severe barrel wear and the trigger was so loose it registers a different weight with each trigger pull. I paid over $1300 for this!!!

I contacted them and they offered me $60 for my trouble or I could send it back to have them "try again". When it comes to firearms, perhaps they should learn how to do it right and quit trying. DANGEROUS and IRRESPONSIBLE!

DO NOT ORDER FOR THESE GUY OR YOU WILL BE SORRY!

• Gi
                    gilham Nov 25, 2009

I agree. I ordered two LMT lower receivers in April 2009. I was told the wait was three to six months. Guess what. It's almost December and still no lowers. Impact Guns told me that their dealer didn't even have them in stock, and I would have to wait another few months. I immediately went down there and got my deposit back, found an on-line store the same day that had the exact lowers in stock, and I ordered them in. Four day shipping time to my ffl dealer. My advice, DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH IMPACT GUNS.

Impact GunsPoor Customer Service

I purchased.ordered a hunting rifle from Impact Guns. When I went to pick it up Aron (female) helped me. It turns out the gun was damaged. She said that she could not help me it was between me and the wholesaler. This makes absolutely no sense. I have left messages at the headquarters office in Utah and they do not return phone calls. I would recommend that if you are in the market for a firearm don't go to Impact Guns. I can't imagine Cabelas telling me its a problem between me and the wholesale company. I also called ahead of time and to make sure they would take a check, when I got there they said they could not.

• Cu
                      cul8r14 Mar 29, 2017

I purchased a suppressor from Impact on sale. Recieved a receipt for my purchase and then, 2 days later they e mail me, saying they canceled my sale. They then offer a 20 dollar consolagion prize for their idiocy. I use that ti get a desert tan Hogue grip. They se d a FDE grkp instead! Now they wa t me to send it back. Lol, why would I spend 10 bucks for them to ship the wrong grip And Then pay again to ship their mistake back? those idiits are complete fools !!!

• Ta
                      taylorcj89 Jul 18, 2012

Last week i had called Impact Guns and asked if i could use my home defense shotgun at the shooting range, and i was told that i could as long as i used slugs. I called again this morning just to double check, and the employee asked the manager and i was told the same thing, as long as i used slugs it would be ok. later that day i came in to use the shooting range, spent money on slugs so i could teach my wife how to use the gun. when i arrived the store rep told me no. I said that the manager had said it was ok this morning. the man then became very rude and said he was the manager. i then questioned why he said i could earlier in the day but now it was not ok. the man was extremely disrespectful the entire exchange. everyone in that store should be on the same page and have the same information. And the manager should really touch up his customer service skills. i work in customer service, and i would have been fired if i ever treated a customer the way i was treated. I will not be giving my business to them again, and i will be letting my friends and family know about the poor customer service that i recieved. my parents have bought a lot of ammo and a few firearms from them, and so have some friends and other family members. i am very disappointed with that manager, if he even was the manager.

• St
                      Stimey911 Feb 10, 2011

I also bought an Armalite M15A2 (Service Model) from them. The gun arrived at my FFL, the box looked like it had been through a war. The rifle itself was chipped with tooling marks on the reciever right above the magazine well where the lower and upper halves meet, this made the rifle have considerable receiver wobble, the butt stock had a 1/8 inch overhang and gapped on the opposite end of butt stock by that much. Called Impact and they said it was between me and the manufacturer. They are absolutely horrible.

Jakkd Mar 09, 2010

yea ive never heard anything good about IMPACT' GUNSs online service or their store for that matter. They never have what im looking for online or in store and the employees are dumb as ###. It should be named "WEEKEND WARRIORS R US." And concerning their range, it sucks. They pride themselves on knowledge and their ability to obtain popular firearms but theres a FAT CHANCE of that ever happening. Ive been to gun shops in Connecticut and New York that carry more equipment than these guys do. I never buy from these people unless im desperate. I would rather pay more and drive farther than have to deal with these posers.

• Lu
                      Luke Jun 17, 2009

IMPACT GUNS: These guys are RUDE and extremely gun DUMB
                      1. If you like the fact there is ayoung man walking around the store with a bayonet on his hip this is the place for you. this character plays with the guns that are for sale, dry firing them and working the slides repeatedly on the shotguns? not a good thing junior.
                      2. I purchased a rifle from them it took six months to get it. i had it picked up by another gun dealer who informed me it looks like they have been playing with your rifle. they also lost the paper work i provided to do the gun transfer resulting in the other dealer having to come in and pick up the gun. once he picked it up they called me to ask for the serial number becuase they didnt have it?
                      3. Running their range they have no concept of how it should be done, they complain that people with rifles shoot out their lights, you can clearly see where someone has shot them out with a shotgun. there is big difference between the two systems.
                      4. there are several other reasons but it would take to long to list these guys suck and i will never used them again.

John B. Mar 16, 2009

I totally agree with Kevin. Their customer service sucks! I ordered a Blackhawk sling 6 weeks ago (2-3 week delivery time on web site) and have yet to hear back from them. I sent two e-mails inquiring about my order without a reply. If you want to cancel your order you have to do it by phone and their customer service lines are always busy or have long waits. Save your time and money and shop somewhere else, there are plenty of other options out there.

John

Impact Guns — Buyer beware Impact Guns, they do not do as advertised

Impact Guns www.impactguns.com As a pistol shooter and ex law enforcement I need certain acc for my hobby...