Olshan Foundation RepairWarranty

M

I feel scammed. In 2005 I had Water Lock system installed in my home. I have not heard my sump pump kick on in a while so I wanted to contact to someone to schedule service maintenance. The St. Louis location is closed so I contacted Houston location. The person I spoke to was rude and said that each location was separate franchise and she could not help me. I then call the Kansas City location, and got the same response. I chose Olshan, because everything on their paperwork read “since 1933”. And it came with a lifetime transferrable warranty. Well Olshan will not honor it because it according to the people I spoke with in Houston and Kansas City, the contract and the warranty were for the St. Louis location only. There was absolutely nothing in any of the paperwork that indicated each individual office was a separate entity. The entire brochure and selling pitch is based on “70 year of experience” and of course the lifetime warranty which is now useless. Buyer beware, do not hire Olshan.

• Am
    AM24 Oct 13, 2016

We are having the same issue in Ohio. We have a "Lifetime Warranty" on our system from Olshan that was the reason we felt okay buying a house that had previous foundation issues, and now as we are trying to have someone come out to perform maintenance on the system we are being told the exact same thing. The location in our area was closed, all locations are separate franchises that do not service out of area, and we are actually being told there is no corporate office. How can that be?! Nowhere on the warranty does it specify a location. It is for OLSHAN'S system. We've tried calling local foundation and waterproofing experts to take a look at the system and nobody will touch Olshan's work. This company is a scam, basing their entire pitch on the warranty and not honoring it is THEFT! If you are letting franchises use your name and warranty for your product, then you are responsible!