Menu
R
Author of the complaint
2:53 am
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

When Olshan dug up the driveway at my mother's house (Aug 2009) to install one of their pilings, they disconnected a foundation drain line. Not only did they not reconnect the line, but they left it in such a manner that water was directed into the drain line at the foundation, exactly where drainage is not supposed to go. This was not realized until a few years later when other damage (hole in the driveway where the piling was installed) became apparent. An inspector came and claimed he didn't see a problem. Next, after two months of trying to talk to someone about this issue, I was finally called by the new GM. I was given a list of reasons of why this problem would not be taken care of by Olshan in Nashville. Reasons (and my understanding): Not a warrantable item (the piling itself is warrantied, not the work to install it); It is a homeowners maintenance issue (which would not exist had Olshan done the job right in the first place. He literally compared Olshan's work to a paint job on a car); My mother should have raised the issue when the work was first done (because my mother should be a foundation professional?); Olshan doesn't do that kind of irrigation work (they were able to tear it up. How do you not put it back the way it was?); He doesn't know what it looked like beforehand (cause we may have ripped up our own driveway? Doesn't matter- end result should have been correct. And the driveway was perfect for 38 years before this work). He also had the timeline of the work wrong (kept referring to 9 years). I don't know how he could do this unless he had not even bothered to review the file that in my opinion should have been right in front of him. My mother also had some follow up work done after the initial work which he could not talk to me about. I just want the company that did the work incorrectly to fix the problem they created (do the right thing), or if they can't (he stated they don't do that kind of irrigation work) then they should pay for another company to do the work. Reconnect the drain line and fix the driveway. My mother reviewed and agreed with this before I posted it.

View 0 more photos