Nokia 6030horrible service!

Hi, first of all thanks to you and your team for the initiative, which you have taken in favor of costumers. I am also a victim of nokia handset and its after sale service.

Here is the detail about my case:

I bought a new 6030 nokia handset (Imei: [protected]) from prit 'n mit communication, a nokia dealer in kalyani nagar pune. After only 2 months, handset's display was totally faded. I was not able to see anything on the display of the set. I spoke to my dealer and he told me that he is not responsible for the servicing. According to him, this set is in warranty period, so I have to go to personally to the service center for the repairing.

I went to service center (Bright point india pvt ltd, pune-satara road) which is at the totally other end of the dealer's shop but I found there that service center is to torture the people. They asked me to come at 8:30am next day and be a part of a long complaint queue. Then they will issue a token to me around 9:30am and if luck is with me, my number may come around 1:00~2:00pm. I didn't had so much patience bcoz that service center was 25km from my place. I forced my dealer to get repair this set for me since I bought that set from him. After a hot argument, he took the set and told me that it will take 15 days to get repair and he will send that set to the service center.

After 15 days, I called him and he says it will take another 1 week time. After that one week, I called him almost everyday and I got the answer that set hasn't come back from service center or service center person is not reachable. After a long wait of 1 month and 20 days, one day I got call from dealer that your set is ready. I was excited to see my set after a long time. I went to the dealer shop and found that only one small boy was at the shop and he was not aware about the case. I rang the concern person and he instructed that boy to hand-over my set from a drawer. For my surprise, that set was in old condition. No repairing was done at all. I called the dealer and got the answer that now our job is done and you have to contact service center for further problem.

I am really scared with this experience. I almost lost all my official and personal communication for one and half month. I have lost all my faith in nokia and will not buy any nokia set in future.

• Ra
    Raque Dourada Mar 16, 2007

Purchased the handset on 21-09-06 and on 18-10-06 given for repair, and at the same time cause no display after repairing on 27 -10-06 again given for repair for not charging, no radio working, etc again given for repair for the same 2 problem and also given for repair on that time from nokia service centre says that Nokia handset is water damage. Very bad quality handset!

• Dr
    Dr. Prashant Jul 19, 2007

Bright point India Pvt Ltd, Pune-Satara Road

This service Center is really horrible. I sent my 6 months old Nokia N70 for servicing. I have been told that there is some problem with Network IC, which needs to be replaced. After keeping for 3 days, they returned the cell without solving the problem. When I called up the service center they again asked to bring the handset to service center.

They are really horrible.

maheswarareddy.G Aug 18, 2007

my battery is BL-5C i want to replace the battery and battery number is 06704004175350207420873259

• Su
    sunder ganesh Sep 20, 2007

Hi i have a nokia 6030 model purchased in Nov 2006 at Iconet spur tank road chennai. I started having the problem with the phone for the past 6 months. My problems are the calls get disconnected suddenly, there is a break in the conversation, the receiving voice is very low, there is noisy disturbance. I went to the dealer 4 times to repair it. I did not find any difference in phone after the repairs. Finally the asked me to go the Nokia service center in Annasalai Chennai. They already repaired it twice. Now i am getting a new noise. Finally i asked for a replacement (the phone is still in the warranty period). They say they cannot replace it and they almost threatened me and asking me to do whatever i want.

• Pa
    partha sarathi panda Nov 01, 2007

hi ,i am partha,
    actually i buy this mobile feb 2006,but due to lost my moneypurse ihave lost my recipt,,but i am repair this mobile in orissa.but iam not satisfy this servicing,so same problem will found,so u suddern to repair my mobile,my telephone no is -o9972621351

• Ne
    Neha Sharma Dec 13, 2007

Please help to get back my lost Nokia 6030 Mobile.
    IMEI of the mobile is 359351005274919.

with best regards.

• Kv
    K. Vinayakam Feb 25, 2008

Sir,
    I had given 6030 cell phone on 09-01-08 for display problem at Chittoor Nokia Care - 517001 (A.P). He told after 15 days that company told "it is not possible to repair we will give u a new mobile", till to date he was escaping. One time he had given old cell phone, this is the piece that company has send. Now and then he was escaping like this only.

So, please go through the matter and do the needful as early as possible.

• Na
    Nandakishor Bande Mar 15, 2008

Hi,

I get error always " Memory is full, kindly delete some data" however I have free sufficient memory. Also I deleted lots of data still this error is reflecting continuously.

Kinld look into matter and resove the matter.

Thanks & Regards,
    Nandakishor Bande

• Ra
    RaviShanker K Mar 30, 2008

I lost the mobile on March 28, 2008. Model Nokia 6030 Black Colour. IMEI No:354820011929406: Battery No: 0091F20509B11

Rgds,
    RaviShanker K

sahil Apr 23, 2008

i purchased a online java game on my phone nokia 6030 n thn deleated it but since then rs.5 is being cut every day.plz tell me hw to deactivate it.

• Mv
    m.venu reddy May 04, 2008

sir,
    i lost my mobile on may 3rd 7:00 pm in a cyber cafe i possess an AIRTEL prepaid sim in it bearing mobile number 9849073633 sir i want to reuse the same number as it is very important for me will u pleasee tell me the procedure to obtain the sim with same number pleaseeeeeeeeee do reply as early as possible .

thanking you,

yours sincerely
    venu reddy

• Mo
    Mobile Stolen Jan 01, 2010

I had lost my mobile on 11th october, 2009 while travelling by auto from gandhibazar to 4th block. I had given a police complaint, but in vain. The IMEI no. is 358081013207962. My contact no. is 9916072954/080-26423544. My contact address is #664, Poorna pragna layout, near water tank, uttarahalli, bangalore-560061. My email id is [email protected] I hope this turns useful in recovering my mobile.

• Udayan Bhowmik Jan 13, 2011

On 11 th January, 2011, at approximate 11 am my mobile is stolen from my pocket in crowded bus. IMEI no is 357598004487544.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices