NMX*Franklin ProsperityUnauthorized credit card charge

B Review updated:

Today, my Visa credit card account has been fraudulently charged for $49.00 by some organization calling itself NMX* Franklin Prosperity. Attempts at contacting them to credit the charge has proved fruitless. I'm not sure where to go from here. I do not want those crooks to get any money from me and wish to know how to go about stopping them from performing this thievery on other innocent individuals as well. Anyone with any advise, please e-mail me at: thomas.[protected]@yahoo.com. Thank You.

• Se
    Segal z Apr 17, 2021

Today I also found an a authorized charge on my CAPITALONE ACCOUNT, while reviewing my statement. I would like these reversed, and discontinued.

Segal Z Owens

MargaretRogers Oct 19, 2020

No one answering phones for two days and numerous emails later, Went to my bank this morning and had to cancel my card and dispute the charge.

• Bj
    bjcotton126 Feb 07, 2020

I called them just now & they said they would refund the $49.95. If they don't I'm filing charges!

• Fi
    Fingpissed Aug 24, 2020

@bjcotton126 I want to join your suit

Janie 5 Oct 13, 2020

@bjcotton126 This is Oct 2020 and the same happened to me.

• To
    Torch347 May 08, 2014

I followed the suggestion from Tera Virgin to call and cancel the membership. Had the rep cancel the Gold stock Report also. Was told my money would be back in my account in about two days. I took the reps name just in case I still get billed. Don't know any other way to verify that I have been cancelled on both. If anyone knows how to find out, please let me know.

• Dy
    Dylan Croft May 03, 2014

I have asked that my account be cancelled, but there has been another charge on my card. Please, UNSUBSCRIBE ME.

• Se
    Segal z Apr 17, 2021

@Dylan Croft Me too. [email protected]

• Da
    DAVID C. PEREZ Dec 07, 2013

I have gone to the bank and they tried to get $1.97 and a few day late they got $47.00 from our account I hardly ever use, only for e-bay. if I did not go in they would have closed the account for good in 4 days. the bank is trying to get my money back, changing the debit card. now they say we did not say anything within 60 days but it was in 5 weeks. we got thhe 1.97 back and that was way back in october. we are going to the bank with the papers from this sight for proof of the abuse of this poblem of theft from this company. wish us luck. david

• Ju
    Julius Roman Jul 02, 2012

I subscribe to Newsmax. They have repeated promos for discounted items, but you only receive them, if at all, after 2 or 3 complaint notices over 3 or 4 months. I do NOT receive the Franklin Report but they are debiting my card for the $49 "renewal" charge.
    The only way to stop these charges is cancel the credit card they have record of and get new one.

• Cs
    CS1422 Feb 08, 2012

As part of the Newsmax customer service team, I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. We take these types of situations seriously. Most likely you received an offer from us to get the book Aftershock by just paying shipping and handling of $4.95.
    The offer stated that you would receive a four month subscription to Financial Intelligence Report, a three month subscription to Gold Stock Advisor and a two month subscription to Franklin Prosperity Report. The offer stated that all three came with automatic renewal and if you wanted to cancel, we would give a full refund.

In addition to the disclosures made at the time of the offer, Newsmax Media makes additional disclosures:

1. With the delivery of the discounted product, we send a large written notice reminding purchasers they accepted the premium product with their agreement to allow for automatic check or credit deduction at the end of the subscription term if they did not cancel.

2. 45 days prior to the automatic deduction, Newsmax Media’s subscription Fulfillment Company, a nationally recognized firm, sends a notice by mail to all subscribers, reminding them their subscription is up for renewal. The customer has the option to cancel.

3. On the credit card statement used for the automatic deduction, the company includes an 800 number for consumers to call if they wish to dispute the deduction. The company policy is to give a full and prompt refund to customers who dispute the deduction.

In all cases, the company policy is that the customer can cancel at any time for a full refund. If you would, please call [protected] [Monday through Friday 9 am to 10 pm ET]. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to resolve this issue to your satisfaction, and strongly encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience so we may do so.
    Additionally, the company conforms to all Federal Trade Commission rules, and does not disclose the financial data of its customers to any third party. We make it a priority to treat all customers fairly and in a timely manner. Thank You

• Te
    Tera Virgin Nov 02, 2011

They did the same to me...I called them today and they cancelled my subscription and reversed the charges. Here's their contact info:
    The Franklin Prosperity Report