Nicholas FinancialProviding Insurance when I have Proof of Insurance and adding car payments to loan

My husband and I are also VERY interested in a law suit against Nicolas Financial. Our truck was paid for in August of 2011. We received notice from them that they are charging us 6 more payments due to lack of Insurance on our Truck. In 2010 I changed Insurance companies. Let me be extremely clear on this, our Insurance has NEVER lapsed, never. I retired from our Police Department and I'm very insistent that I keep Insurance on our vehicles. They are claiming they had to put insurance on our vehicle because our deductible was too low. When we changed Insurance companies our deductible went from $500 to $1000. Nicolas Financial started charging us for Insurance because our deductible was too low without our knowledge. We weren't even aware that our deductible had to be $500. This in insane! I faxed them proof of our insurance as well as our Insurance Company faxed them we had never lapsed. Our insurance has never lapsed for 1 day, ever!! This has to be illegal. What do we do? It's a catch 22. We have never before been in a situation like this. I am very, very interested in a law suit against this company.

• Co
    Cougar64 Dec 19, 2011

Leave a note if you find a lawyer willing to do a lawsuit against this company. My wife and I made the mistake of accepting a car loan from this company and it has been a nightmare ever since. Friends and family getting random calls looking for us even though we're always current on our loan. I've called them several times to ask why they are calling friends and family. I get the standard answer of our payment is late. When we point out they have already cashed the check, we get a halfass apology and move on to the next incident. I've had enough of the harassment and the harassment of friends and family. Looking on the net shows a series of complaints. Time something was done to change this.

• Ni
    NicolasFinancialDrains Dec 07, 2011

This is Nicholas Financial. Sorry for the typo.