Network Solutionsunauthorized credit card charges

C Review updated:

Network Solutions made an unauthorized charge to my credit card for private registration of two internet domains, for which the Auto Renew was set to "Off". I notified them immediately of the unauthorized charge and they promised to reverse it, but later sent an e-mail indicating that "it is our policy not to issue refunds for domain name registration(s)", despite the fact that I had not authorized renewal of the domain registrations. I checked with a number of associates, and apparently this is a common practice for Network Solutions: they figure most people won't take the time to dispute the unauthorized charges given the amount. It would be worth an investigation to see how much of their revenue is generated through unauthorized domain renewals.

AndrewRetroArts Jun 25, 2012

I too am a victim of this practice. I had no products on auto renew because I have gone through this with them before, but suddenly they claim I had products on auto renew and then charged me for three years of a hosting package and two domains I didn't want to renew. Over $400 in charges! I called, complained, was given a ### number and told I would receive my refund in 8 to 10 days and they pulled the same thing. Here I am again waiting for my refund. They are thieves! But how can I fight back? My credit card company won't help either_--All of them are M'F'n Thieves!

AndrewRetroArts Jun 25, 2012

I too am a victim of Network Solutions Scam practices. I had no products on auto renew because I have gone through this with them before, but suddenly they claim I had products on auto renew and then charged me for three years of a hosting package and two domains I didn't want to renew. Over $400 in charges! I called, complained, was given a ### number and told I would receive my refund in 8 to 10 days and they pulled the same thing. Here I am again waiting for my refund. They are thieves! But how can I fight back? My credit card company won't help either_--All of them are M'F'n Thieves! I will transfer my Domains and websites soon.

• Jc
    JC FL Jul 19, 2012

Same complaint. These people will not let a domain expire. If they have a credit card on file with another domain name, they will use it. I have filed a compliant with my credit card company.

Jaylynn Nov 29, 2012

I too agree with the complaints about Network Solutions making unauthorized charges and making unauthorized debits of consumers/customers. If anyone does a search you'll find a link about a law suit settlement when the FTC got involved. If anyone experiencing billing issues and practices of Network Solution think about calling the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Also think about calling your local television station and explain you would like to speak to a consumer advocate. I repeatedly asked Network Solutions that I didn't want to renew my domain name and asked them to remove my debit card information, I was told by the customer service person that they will not the account and no longer bill me.. Come to find the made an unauthorized debit. Perhaps the FTC needs to take another look at their practices.

• Ri
    Richard MB Jan 12, 2013

Same here, they apparently are auto renewing no mater what you have set up on you r account. I even requested on the phone that the auto renewal be turned off but they still began charging for multiple year renewals.. I am in the process of a refund but do not have the money in my hand...
    LINK TO LAW SUIT INFO

• Cr
    crimefighter2013 Jan 14, 2013

I was advised by Network Solutions that they are going out of business and being bought by web.com. I paid network solutions for 3 web sites. They built one particular site trusting that they would do a good job. Turns out, they never added any content to make it SEO friendly. There are no back links, metatags and keywords added to the site which translates that no one could see the site if they wanted to!!!

If you call these companies, rest assured that you will wait anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour on hold to speak with someone!!!. Then you will be transferred around until someone with a litttle intelligence gets you to the right department. There you will be greeted by an employee who is condesconding, rude and totally unprofessional!

When you ask for a name, they will throw you some generic name and will not give an employee ID. How many of you are sick of waiting on hold and then speaking with someone who wants your entire life history but yet will not give any of their information out to you. They treat you like they are above you. The calls are also recorded by yet they do not give you warning at the beginning of the call about the recording. If you call them and this happens, call the police.

To salvage my site and try to get back business I lost, I purchased their "gorilla marketing" services. For this money taking money off my credit card each month, they promised me in return a huge push in the search engines for my site. I was told verbatim that I would see results in 30 days and top 2 pages in less than 90 days.

It has been 4 months now and I never heard back from my rep. and I can find my site listed in any search engines!!! When I challenged them on that, they told me it would take time but could not tell me approx. how long that might be. I asked them to send me the keywords they used but they did not send it. I believe that this company is nothing but a warehouse fraud. Like other scam companies, Network Solutions hire their employees to heard up the cattle to make their millions but do not deliver on results or customer service.

I found my site listed on google by typing in my exact company name and fpound to my utter dispair that the description under my company name was all html code!!! When I questioned them about that, they also blamed me on it! I also found out they never linked all of my domains that point to the site.

To date, I never have received any business calls from my site or google search because Network Solutions and web.com ripped me off!

I did some research today and I could not find my web site listed on the first 20 pages!!! They simply stole my money and did nothing. In fact, I got a supervisor on the phone that told me that I was responsible for doing the work myself!

As for web.com, they are worse. They treat you with disrespect and are rude and disrepectful. They also have a habit of talking over you at every chance. Last week, I was on the phone with about 9 different agents over a span of 7 hours!!!

Not getting any assistance of any kind, I started to look around on their site for my settings and found out that they never enabled any keywords, metatags, back links, NOTHING!!! So basically, stole all my money which is now in the thousands and I got no identity on the internet. If you ask for a supervisor, you will be told they only have one and that ONE is not available. Stranger than fiction?

They are also blatant liars when they told me they sent out e-mails they I had to do work on my site! First, no e-mails ever came from them. I checked my mail and spam folder 3 times to make sure. There was nothing there. Besides, what I am paying them for if I (the consumer) have to do the work?

These companies and the people that work for them need to be accountable for their actions. They are criminals because they take your money under false pretentions. This is done over state lines and most likely international which would make it an FBI and Interpol issue. They need to be incarcerated.

Please pass this along to everyone you know so that we can take the trash off the internet. Watdch out for their "FREE WEBSITE" deal they advertise!

• Ej
    ejistook Jun 20, 2013

I am fed up and will end the years for which I have been a customer. After purchasing a supposedly-sufficient and complete WordPress blog hosting package, the entire thing shuts down after a minimal number of posts to my blog and I get error message (below) that insufficient memory has been allocated to the package (as packaged and sold by Network Solutions). After untold hours fruitlessly trying to solve it, I call customer service and am told there is nothing I can do EXCEPT to pay $59.95 to change the memory settings. Obviously, they should know to include sufficient settings in what they package and sell--rather than do an after-the-fact bait-and-switch to pay them $59.95 to make this simple tweak to THEIR package. There were no options originally offered me to specify a different memory. How many other customers are they ripping off with this $59.95 fee?

• Mo
    monabil Dec 13, 2014

Please read my tickets created all in one month !!

It contains all the details !!

• Er
    Ericksenlaw Jul 06, 2016

Like other complainants, I too discovered an unauthorized charge from network solutions of $184.30. This action caused me to cancel my credit card, with Chase absorbing the cost and several hours of my time tracking this down. Chase called it credit card fraud. I'm considering filing suit against them and alerting the state attorney.

SandDogSmith Dec 23, 2017

Network solutions still thieving to this day December 24 2017, they deducted $120.83 from my PayPal account then canceled my service. So now I have lost my domain name and all emails from their crappy service. When I attempted to speak with someone one I got mumble[censor]ed over and over again, full of excuses, no solutions
    Would love to get a class action lawsuit against them, or maybe just cut the hands off the CEO.

• Lu
    LunaM Jan 18, 2018

@SandDogSmith I'd be willing to join the class action suit. I have had recent billing issues with them as well regarding the auto-renew. They were literally trying to swipe every card of mine they had on file for products I did not order. I ended up with an overdrawn bank account and got them to refund the fees. I later had to plead with my bank to reverse the overdraft fees. Very much a headache.

Chris Dudek Apr 17, 2018

@LunaM Me Too, $602 in four unauthorized charges. Been on the phone with them since April 4th, Still waiting to get 312.55 back stolen from my bank account through paypal

• Te
    Technicia Earth Aug 21, 2019

I am a blogger and hosted with Network Solutions monthly package just to check their service and give a review on web hosts on my Youtube Channel.

I used Network Solutions service for a couple of months for 6 dollars per month. Then they gave me free support time for a month which i subscribed. After a month they when the time of renewal was coming i told them not to renew it and cancel the subscription as i never used the free time and that service was not needed. It costed 20 Dollars i think but they tried to charge me even i said not to charge but due to no balance in card they failed. (The debit card i used with them was specifically for online payments) After a month when i thought they will now charge me they did charged again but with lower value which was 15.99 and this time there was balance in my card. They looted me without asking me and their renewal system can not be turned off for specific service and they will reply your email if you will complain such behavior but they will not return your money or unsubscribe that service. They said to unsubscribe i will have to call them and from a foreign country that will also cost some money. The thing i did is that i have blocked my Debit card and asked for a new one.

They will loot you so do not use them and they will force you as you can stop subscription of the service. There are better services so do not use networksolutions which is owned by web.com

I am not the first victim they are fooling many others. I have used Google cloud, internetbs, namesilo and Amazon but they do not act this way if once auto renew fails. They will ask you for the second time. They are scams they will try to get money out of your account with lower values.

Martin2020 Sep 30, 2020

I am also a victim of this scam. I have failed repeatedly to cancel my account and remove my credit card details. Now they have locked me out of the account, I am unable to reset my password and unable to cancel. They have set my renewal to auto renew without my permission.
    I am not sure what recourse I have, short of cancelling my credit card to avoid another charge.
    This is a nightmare.