Netpolarityimproper hiring representation

P

Netpolarity sent unsolicited email about a job they felt I matched, but asked if my resume was on any job boards. I told the rep my resume is on Dice, Monster, HotJobs and Careerbuilder. The representative refused to submit me to their client unless I pulled my resume from all job boards. I believe this is an unethical practice, and harms candidates ability and right to seek employment.

• Mi
    Mike Rasmussen Apr 10, 2011

That is not the policy of the company to ask you to pull your resume from all job boards. I don't think that was right. We don't have such a policy towards candidates - I am an employee and know first hand. Rather we constantly search job boards for candidate resumes, it is our policy to have good candidate relations. Perhaps, what was meant by our recruiter was to let us represent you for that particular job, and pulling your resume from the boards is counterproductive. That employee was either not representing company policy, or confused you and did not communicate completely and properly. We may ask you to send back an acknowledgement that we contacted you and asked you to let us represent you to a particular client where multiple agencies may be looking at the same pool, and nothing more. I am sorry you had such an experience.