Having problems with Netcare?

+27 860 638 2273 (Head Office)
76 Maude Street, Corner West Street
Locations

Mailing Address

Private Bag X34, Benmore, 2010

Complaints & Reviews

poor service, won't get back to patient query

Dr J Fleming [protected], Milpark hospital) has recently started treating my husband for epilepsy and prescribed a drug called Epinuten. My husband has had an extremely bad case of Stevens-Johnson syndrome, caused by the drug and we have been contacting the dr via his receptionist for him to prescribe or suggest an alternative treatment.

My husband and I have called 5 times already since Tuesday, 23 February and after more than a week of being off his anti-epileptic meds, neither the dr nor the receptionist has returned our calls.
This is extremely poor service delivery, and potentially life threatening.

the doctor was very rude and kicked me out of his office

I visited the dermatologist on Tuesday, 8.15am in Marlbarton. The consulation was very brief and the doctor was not providing me with the information I believe I am entitled to know about the treatments for my acne. I had to asked him about the duration of the treatment, side effects, advice, etc. The doctor was very rude and kicked me out of his office, saying that I am wasting his time.

unitas should be ahamed of themselves

I know that all of you are way better Christians than I am. I know that such high and mighty people would never stoop as I did in desperation. I realized my mistake and went to the hospital hoping to receive help. All I got was an attitude of “we will do what we can but if you die, that is what you wanted”.

My sister was actually told when enquiring as to me condition, ”We are keeping her alive” with a disdainful look. The woman enquiring as to who would pay due to me not having medical aid also did not hide her disgust.
I was lying there, my heart beating against my chest so hard that I thought I was really going to die now with one thought, “who are these people to shame me?”. Luckily, I am a 32 year old woman who understands a little about human nature, I just hope to *** that a desperate teenager never turns to your nursing staff for help.

Yes, I tried to [censored] but realized that this was not the answer and went to your hospital as a lifeline. I apologise for not having a medical aid and you are the closest hospital, I apologise that I wasn’t Christian enough in my moment of need and did not realize earlier that I did not in fact, want to die.

• Tr
    Trident Sep 06, 2010

Outstanding account paid on 25 August and since then have received 2 notices stating that the account has been handed over. It appears that those that are responsible for allocating payments and those that are responsible for 'handing over' are not in the habit of communicating.

• Ju
    Jullone Feb 09, 2011

I was in a car accident and NetCare was called out. However all is well, and 30 Days later I received the invoice as per normal. Then my medical aid paid the amount outstanding I received a confirmation and everything. So almost a year has passed, I go into ABSA today and get told I am blacklisted by NetCare. However during these past few months I have received no correspondents from NetCare about the outstanding amount (which is paid). I gave TransUnion a call today and received no assistance what so ever from them!!! So NetCare you have 24 Hours to correct this problem. Or we will be going to court at your expense just because your call center staff seem to be challenged.

• Rh
    rhonda kirby Sep 23, 2014

Very on target. the place is a death camp

sort this out for me as I do not have time to stress

I called Wanda and asked her about my account, she advised that my account in a Zero Balance, all from a sudden she sent me this email' believe that Puleng phoned you for a outstanding account of R561.98. I am apologizing for this error that occurred. But please note that I went into the computer as per the ID no you gave me on your email.' so meaning that Im must responsilbe for the staff incompetence, Netcare I have a prove that was sent to me that my account is up to date. Sort this out for me as I dont have time to stress.

understaffed & negligent

Netcare Blaauwberg's ICU is terribly understaffed. Though they have some fantastic staff there, they have very few qualified ICU nurses/sisters and it shows in the amount of care they provide.

During the day (visiting hours) the place is swarming with attentive staff. At night they are on a skeleton staff.

Their doctors are overworked and have no time to inform patients and their loved ones of critical issues directly affecting them.

I would stay clear of the Mickey-Mouse operation.

NoCare Blaauwberg Apr 08, 2010

Agree for the most part.
    The staff on my hight care night shift were absolutely amazing - caring, warm and informed. I found the day staff more playful and absent though.
    In my whole experience from casualties right up to high care I was let down by each and every single DOCTOR though. I now suffer from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and am seeing a pscychologist. And I am no sissie.
    Something should be done cause I have heard at least 10 really bad stories about neglicence and bad care at Netcare Blaauwberg since my experience. I am busy with a process now and gathering info on how to get attention to this hospital and everyone else who has had a bad experience should do same. Good and trusing peoples' lives depend on it.

Jacobus Johannes Scheepers Dec 17, 2014

It seems that there are more complains towards this hospital doctors. My wife was start bleeding on sunday the 14th December 204. We arrived at the hospital at 18H30. They decided to admit my wife after a blood test was done. She only arrived in the ward at 23H30. There was 2 serious problems. One was the bleeding and secondly her hand that went from bad to worse after a operation a month ago. So 2 doctors attend to her. The doctor who attend to her hand namely doctor Van Der merwe did a brilliant job and visit my wife daily an was at her bed side as soon as test results was available. The other doctor namely doctor jacos dissapointed me.She did severe testes and scopes and visit my wife quickly for 3 mintutes in the morning on her way to theate. She then only turn up the next morning. My wife recieved very few to none medication or any treatment for her problem. in fact, it is wednesday today and up to this point we dont know what is wrong or what she is going to do to relieve my wife from the severe pian. My wife is a very strong person but she was starting to break down tonight. i contacted the sister on duty namely sandy. She contacted this doctor jacobs and then they jump and gave my wife a drip and a injection for pain. i told sister sandy i want a medical doctor tomorow morning at 07H00 that iwll attend to my wife. The medical aid spend hundreds of thousdands allready and my wife just gets worse. i looked onto the internet tonight and find more people complaining about the same story.

Please, if this doctor jacobs is in love with theatre, let her carry on doing what she finds satisfactory to her. But she cant attend to so many patients and neglect them. My wife is getting worse and she only visits her for 3 minutes in teh morning and never turned up again till the next morning

Jacobus Johannes Scheepers Dec 17, 2014

• Le
    Lesley Van Vuuren Aug 22, 2018

On the 20th August I took my 73 year old Grandmother to Margate Hospital as she was not feeling well. On arrival we could see they were busy and we would wait as normally it does not take to long to be seen. Whilst sitting there I noticed that there was only two nurses and noone in triage (if there had been they would have seen my grandmother was not well).

We left after two and half hours of waiting and noone came to us to explain what was happening and so on. I rushed my grandmother to Hibiscus Hospital and just in time as her blood pressure spiked to 192/81, my Grandmother is prone to TA (which I had mentioned at Margate).

There was another old lady who had been bitten by a dog and was bleeding badly and noone even looked at her. It felt as though I was sitting in a provisional hospital!

poor service

My father was taken up in hospital on the 5th of January 2010 for his heart... He was admitted to ICU as his heart rate was extremely high due to a long standing illness, Manganese Poisoning. At first my mother realised the carelessness of the nursing staff. Most of the nurses that attended to my dad did not bother in checking on him, my mom had to inform them that the drip that was inserted in his arm was causing bruising and swelling which means that the drip is not flowing into his veins properly, after a while the nurse changed it to the other arm, but the same happened. They never sorted out the bruising and swelling in either of the arms and now he has what looks like infection in his arms... My mom has to go in to bath and feed my dad as the nurses don't see to this. The doctors that are treating my dad is not informing my mom in what they are doing and the medication they are giving him for a supposed "Grave's Disease" is causing high blood pressure. My mom informed the doctor to look at his previous medical records as this might be of assistance to him, but he ignored her. To date (13/01/2010) they still do not have his heart rate under controll and his state is deteriorating! My mom is in a state and does not know what to do as none of the medical staff at St Annes are comunicating with her properly. This is the worst service we've ever received from any hospital and it is unacceptable that caretakers that are supposed to save lives are causing so much pain for it's patients!

• Tr
    troyman7 Apr 10, 2016

I am disgruntled and ashamed of letting my wife stay at st annes in pmburg. It's a shame the quality and professionalism has deterioted to such a level that nobody cares.She was admitted at 1pm on saturday the 9 april2016. Here are the complaints, she received her medication from the pharmacy at around 5pm, i several times queried to the sisters on duty and there reply was the pharmacy is too busy. 2. When i asked the nurse at h3 ground floor were my wife is situated about the bloods that need to be taken for pathology, she replys and says she contacted ampath and no response.The ampathy rep eventually shows up at 9pm to take blood and when asked why so long ampath rep says no onecontacted them earlier. 3.The noise level during the night was intolerable with cellphones of nurses and patients playing loud music 4. The drinking water was not changed in 24 hours i had to do it myself. The ward was last swept on saturday and not at all on sunday, when queried withh the nurse her reply was its supercare cleaning service responsibilty not hers.4. At 4am sunday morning the 10 april 2016, a male was transfer ed to the ward, how does that work a ward with 3 females and one male.When i asked the nurse once more her reply was she doesn't have a clue. 5. My wife's breakfast only arrives at 9.35am i queried and the answer was they sorry. The arrogance of th night stuff is disgusting and i will not rest until the correct displinary action is taken against the nursing staff. Kind regards mr tg ramnanun 0823974934

fraud charges and terrible nursing care

My daughter had an emergency arterial bleed on her tiny wrist she is two an bled for a good 15minutes (Blood shooting out from her vains) non stop before we could get her to milpark. There she was attented to by the trauma people who couldnt do anything for her as she needed surgery to stich her vain. This was sunday at 6pm, so they kept her overnight as they felt it was risky sending the child home, but they did not look after her the entire night, did not take her vitals, she is two and bled a lot but plastics ward sisters didnt look after the child and after complaining to the hosp[ital thatno care was given during the night they just send an appology letter saying that they will deal with the sisters, but what bugs me is that they claim from discovery fraudulemntly for a service of overnight stay and care which they did not provide at all. Now the specialist de aguiar only operates on the child at 12pm next day while keeping the child hungry for almost 12hrs diue to no anaesthetist being available and still de aguiar claim r5247.34 for the op, discovery pays only r1708.6 and the difference is not 30% more as agreed. This is fraud and milpark must pay the difference

• Bl
    blackzebrawhitestripes Aug 01, 2009

complain to the Joint Commission on hospitals, but first have someone else who is much better at writing sort your story out for a much more credible presentation.

criminal activity in acu milpark

My mother was critically ill in Milpark hospital ACU section. On Monday 5 January 2009 she asked for her ipod...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices