Natural Balancenatural balance 12 lb bag sweet potato and chicken small breed bites

May 21, 2017
I have been a loyal customer of your products for three years and have never had a problem. BeforeI switched to Natural Balance, I purchased Nutro products and my West Highland terrier started having health issues. So at that time I changed to Natural Balance. I always buy the small bag. My local stores were out of the small bags twice this year so I had to purchase the 12lb bag of Sweet Potato and Chicken Small breed bites at Petsmart on Ambassador Caffery, Lafayette, La.
Both of of the 12 lb. bags were full of some kind of bugs that looked like beetles. I panicked and threw the bag out both times. I wasn't about to put the bags in my car to return to the store.
Of course I threw away my receipts both times. I notified the store and got an apology. That's it.
A month ago when I went to get a small bag, one of the managers told me that sometimes they get bugs when they have been on the shelf too long. 😳 The larger bags are not sealed like the small bags, and the quality of the packaging is very poor and can be punctured very easily. I can see where bugs could get into the packaging. I bought a small bag at Petco last week and spoke to the cashier about this situation. She told me I should contact Natural Balance directly.
I have contemplated switching brands again. I am very upset that all I got was an "Oh, I'm so sorry." I left my name and number with the cashier and never hear another word. Please advise.
Thank you.