National Tire & Battery [NTB]Not honoring the manufacture warranty

A Mar 22, 2020

I purchased a set of tires for my daugthers car who is currently in college two and a half hours away for my home. She's 18 no knowledge about cars and had a flat on less than a month and a half tire order# 400036068679purchase date 01/19/20 this incident happened on 3/6/20. I didn't purchase the warranty because this is something currently have with discount tire and it isn't worth it . But I feel the manufactured warranty should've kicked in. I'm a very unhappy customer and I want be doing business with your company again unless we make this right. I had to go purchase a new tire from another retailer no prorated option given only to buy a new tire and purchase the warranty on all four tires. I spoke with your customer care dept first I really wasn't given an option to my satisfaction times are hard and my family safety is very important to me. Thats why I purchased her new tires and not used ones because she travel a lot. there was a baby pin hole on he side of the tire i'm sure something could've been done other than trying to get me to spent more money after spending $500 with your company. The location that wouldn't do anything about the tires was in Longview Tx you only have one location there near my daugthers college. My daughter went there stating that she think she hit a curb in the pouring rain as i stated before she know nothing about cars all she heard was a pop and i feel your company took advance of her she she was alone a kid and over two hours away for home. There is no sign of the tire hitting any curb. This is unacceptable in my eyes and i hope for some tpye of resolution I sent her to Walmart to purcahse a new tire for $110 due to the fact i dont feel your company appreciate my business as a customer.

Antonio Dunigan
[protected]

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Mar 22, 2020

When a hole of any size is this close to the sidewall, the service center will generally refuse to patch. This was actually to protect your daughter from having a more serious blowout or damage down the road.

"I didn't purchase the warranty because this is something currently have with discount tire and it isn't worth it." I can appreciate what you're saying but, in this case, it appears it would have been worth it. You just have to consider the warranty part of the purchase price.