National Credit Audit CorporationDemand payment for something I didn't renew and don't want

E

I received a notice from National Credit Audit Corporation today, advising that I owed 39.97 for my subscription to Games for Windows. I had a subscription to this magazine but I didn't renew it,?as I'm no longer interested in getting this magazine. Why in the world would someone demand payment for something I didn't renew and don't want?

They included in their notice that I was only to contact them and not to contact Games for Windows. I believe that this is America and I can contact whomever I choose to.

Elizabeth Hill