Complaints & Reviews

can't cancel trial membership because all 14 numbers the list are disconnected

I sign up for 7 day trial which expires 12/25/18. Upon trying to contact to cancel membership so no further...

rent to own properties listings

MyRentToOwn advertises that for a fee of $1.00, you can receive a 7 day trial period. After the 7 day trial period, then their is a $49, 95 monthly fee. After approximately 2 hours of using their alleged program, I din't receive any rent to own listings whatsoever throughout the entire Bay Area. Over the past two days, I have made numerous calls and spoken with several Supervisors at MyRentToOwn, complaining about this matter. I have been informed by everyone I have spoken with, that this matter will be immediately resolved. So far, nothing has been done to resolve this issue! After spending several hours of my time searching through their alleged site, I have continuously gotten the same results, a bunch of property purchases only, and after contacting some of the realtors involved, they never heard of MyRentToOwn, or gave them permission to list their property. THEY NEED TO BE IMMEDIATELY SHUT DOWN!

myrenttoown.com & lexington law farm

This company is a scam who takes your money from your account with out your permission. I have told them not...

cancelling account

[protected] mem id Called several times in attempt to cancel acct because every property I called about was not...

a transaction of $49.95, which I was told would be refunded!

On the morning of August 9, 2018 I noticed a "Pending" transaction of $49.85 in my bank account from...

credit monitoring and home search

They have taken over $200 out of my account. Charged for two different services. No useage since the accounts were activated. They said they would not refund my money from april and may. The only thing they have done was cancel the account. I have contacted my bank and disputed the charges. I want my money back. Their number is [protected] please refund my money

service

It's a scam. They get you to sign up with lexington law, but never send you listings. I called customer service and the rep must've just hung up. Don't do business with these [censored]. I was told I had to sign up with lexington to received listings. I signed up yesterday and i've yet to receive listings. Instead i'm getting calls from weird numbers

unauthorized charge

I did the $1.00 for a 7 free day trial membership with myrenttoown. I have been trying to cancel thi...

trial membership that I didn't apply too..

I been calling this people and never answer.. Its always this british specking and this is not the first time, I don't know how they get my card number and information when I didn't apply and they did this with my child support card and took out $80 dollar had to cancel the card and have a complaint with he company who issues the cards for child-support payments

membership

I saw in the craigslist a very good house to rent and I was very impressed about how cheap it was. I called...

free week trial

I don't know what happened to my post so I will say this again. This company has made me lose faith in...

take my property listing off your website

I am a realtor. My listing at 7110 shelter creek blvd.in san bruno, ca is not a rent to own listing. I did not give you permission to advertise this property as such. I will be complaining to the ca board of realtors.

Attention people searching on the www.myrenttoown.com website - this is a scam. They are just posting the same properties that you can find on the mls. There is zero indication that any of the listings are actually valid rent to own offerings.

listing and cancellation scam

The listing are normal listing you can see on zillow, nothing was rent to own. I called with in 7 day trial and the lady said it was canceled and today I see a charge! I called for a refund and they stated that I have never called and it was never cancelled so they can't refund me. I told them your calls are recorded for a reason look it up and refund me because it's not my fault she did not do he job. No refund was given, i'll keep calling until I do.

trial subscription

I attempted multiple times to call and cancel my subscription for myrenttoown.com because it did not give me the information that I needed to find what I was looking for. Multiple times I called the phone number listed and never could get anyone to answer. The trial ended and 49.99 was applied to my credit card on sunday and when I called the number, I got a message saying they were closed on the weekends. This site is a scam. They promise information to help you find a home and say that you can cancel anytime by calling the phone number but then noone answers and they take your money! Stay away from this site!

• Mb
    m berry7 Jul 16, 2017

I was tricked into buying the credit repair with the lie that it would get me into a home with in a few days. This was such a lie and the listings where bogus when I finally got to them after 5 call backs and over 3 days. 5 fake listings they put up there. The companies that actually owned the listing said they are not even rent to own, or rental options for that matter. It is so said that people are so low they prey on individuals who are already having a hard time. I pray Gods mercy on them.

customer service / I need a refund

My trial subscription was to cancel feb 21, 2017. I tried to contact this company. No answer, all day, just the british speaking vm saying someone will be with me right away but no one ever picking up. The very next day I see the charge on my cc, what I was trying to avoid. I call them, and requested my refund (feb 22, 20017) I waited a few days, I called them back ask where is my refund, the agent said oh I system it in the system, were just waiting on an approval that should take about 3 days. I call back in 3 days the agent says oh yes that has processed and you should have it in you account the next time you check it. Its is march 15, 2017, I have spoken to a total of 5 representatives and they all have said the same thing some form of this scenario... And I still do not have my money. I think it completely air that I have to dispute this charge to get my money back. But I want to be sure that I put what a horrible company this is and warn people do not do business with this company!!! There thieves and they do not really have any homes to rent to own... Just a scam to get you to sign up for credit repair I want my money back

• Zu
    Zuleyma Carolina Mayorga Castillo Apr 01, 2018

Right it a scam.. and this do this do they can charge you card for $ 50... call today and no answer even if you call in the morning time .. they don't answer

need a refund

I need a refund! I canceled my membership before the seven days and my card is still charged 4995. I requested a refund them ploy that helped me said he could not help me he transferred me to another department the department manager said she had no access to anybody higher than her she could only email them or send them a message to see if they would approve my refund I had to wait 3-5 days for a response to see if I would be authorized to get a refund. I'm beyond upset!

thieves

When I signed up for this myrenttoown service they said i'll be charged about $2. But when they charged me it was $50!! I contacted them right away and their rep was so ignorant and sarcastic. He said that everything was written on their website and that he had no idea who told me that it's going to be only $2. Then I asked them to cancel my subscription and they said that was not possible. I asked why and again - you can find all the information on the website!! Totally disgusted with this scam site!!
Called my bank and cancelled my card! These thieves should be investigated and shut down!

illegal practice

So long story short! I have a property on sale and recently I received a call from a person which was interested in it. I asked him where did he find the information and he said myrenttoown!
I went online and found out that myrenttoown posted my pictures and my information on their website without my permission! It's absolutely illegal to do that! Why didn't they ask me first? I never allowed them to use my photos and spread information about my property!
Contacted them and asked to remove everything but there was no reply!!

• Da
    Dave Barnard Oct 28, 2016

After looking at their website (week of October 21st, 2016) and asking for information I began to receive an onlsaught of calls. I Got onte email and various texts. All calls gave a caller ID of 860-333-6411. Oct 28 I received two calls from them within the same minute. When I pick up there is no one there, suggesting a robot calling program. When I call the number I was able to opt out by pressing 1. Or so they said. I continued to get calls. I was getting 3+ calls per day on average. All left voice mails to call Jessica at a nr of 866-391-5627. When I call there I don't get Jessica. I get a typical bioler room and someone whose English is poor.

Has anyone succeeded in getting a physical address for them to report to law enforcement?
    Has anyone succeeded in filing a formal complaint with the FTC? FBI or telephone harassment?
    It's not clear if this is MyRentToOwn or MyRent2Own. Hopefully these calls have stopped after speaking with a "supervisor".

• Li
    lisarains Sep 03, 2018

just canceling my subscription

Charla Michelle Pate Oct 21, 2018

I will like to cancel my free membership trial because every time I try to found a house it keep saying none found so please cancel my free membership trial thank you

• Jd
    JDB2 Oct 27, 2018

They made a unauthorized charge and did not make a refund as told by their representative. This was on 5/17/17 and called them again on 5/27/17 and was told the same thing . I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was one then he hung-up on me. I called back 3 times and was hung-up on every time.

• Ze
    ZerkinxPlayz Dec 11, 2018

21082461 mem ID MyRentToOwn advertises that for a fee of $1.00, you can receive a 7 day trial period. After the 7 day trial period, then there is a $49, 95 monthly fee. I tried calling them but they won't cancel my account.