My Time RewardsUNAUTHORISED DEBIT

This company has taken £10 twice from my account in May and June 2012. I don't know them. I have never signed a direct debit or standing order with them and neither do I have any contracts with them. I've written to them by email - no response. How do I get my money back? To make matters worse, I re-quoted my bank details in the email because my bank could give me no reference number for them.

• Updated by Maryo · Jun 19, 2012

Hello Monica:

I am sorry that you have not yet received a response to your email as your query is very import.nt to us. Today I have sent an email directly to the email address we have on record with your membership with next steps for resolving your query. If you have not received this email, please contact me at [email protected]

Regards,
    Mary

• Sh
    ShanghaiSally Dec 17, 2016

In my case I was cheated by them through National Express website. Luckily I saw an email from them that said they would charge £10 after the first month, and cancelled immediately. However, I just checked my bank account, and they have already deducted £1 twice in two weeks!!! This is criminal activity surely.

• Al
    Alison McGowan Nov 11, 2016

This is an incredibly sly company. Since they changed their name from My Time Rewards to Complete Savings they have managed to open another account for me and have been taking in total 25GBP per month from my account. They say you've filled in something to agree to this (in my case from the TrainLine) but I am sure when/if I did this I had no idea I was signing up for this nasty little scheme- like everyone else. This cannot be allowed to go on. They must be making a mint out of people who don't check their credit card statements. It's taken me 4 months to notice it.

• Di
    diddlydi Sep 21, 2012

i was duped by these companies, they took 150 from my bank over the last few months, i didnt even bloody realise, when i finaly got hold of them they said all they will pay me back is 60 quid robbing ### .should be stopped

• Vo
    vote-with-your-feet Feb 20, 2012

I was recently informed by my bank that I have a ‘regular authorisation’ debiting £10 per month from my account to ‘shopperdiscounts.co.uk’. I had no prior knowledge of this and my bank is unable to cancel the transaction.

It appears that shopperdiscounts.co.uk presents itself as ‘My Time Rewards’ online and piggy-backs on the back of Ticketmaster transactions. Having made a purchase through Ticketmaster in 2011, I was offered further discounts on goods and services immediately after my credit card payment. I signed up to the scheme, oblivious to monthly charges that were buried in the terms and conditions. There was no obvious mention of regular charges in the online marketing blurb.

I telephoned shopperdiscounts.co.uk [protected]) today and explained that I wished to cancel the payment immediately. I also expressed my dissatisfaction with their (in my view) misleading online promotions. Although payment cancellation was concluded without protest, the offer of any refund was not forthcoming. When I asked for one, the representative immediately agreed to refund 3 of the 6 months that I had been debited. I insisted that the full amount should be repaid. As a result, I was offered an ‘additional refund request’ form that I must fill in and post to them for consideration.

Whether I receive a full refund or not, I feel totally mislead by this scheme. I am normally quite cautious when buying online but I felt reassured by the association with Ticketmaster which I considered (past tense) to be a reputable trader. (Are Ticketmaster are receiving kick-backs from this affiliation, I wonder...?) Perhaps those companies that get into bed with My Time Rewards might wish to consider the potential negative publicity it might generate and the costs of regaining consumer confidence and public trust?

• Du
    Dutchmeister Dec 13, 2011

I have just discovered to my horror that my wife as been sucked in by this also.
    Once again, as I read, this was again a 'cash back' offer. How ironic. Seems like the only way the cash is moving is back to Web Loyalty/Shoppers Disc/MyTimeRewards or whatever else it is they call themselves this week.

This is utterly disgusting backdoor sneeky behaviour. We think it was on Trainline.com that this came from. They have done a hell of a sales job on all the above named companies and are getting fat off people that really and genuinely need the cash back offers. Since no one knows they are subscribed, what kind of a ### service are they offering?!!

Thank you all for the advice supplied, I will be calling in the morning.

• So
    sote12 Aug 17, 2011

Amazingly sly company!!! Buyer beware. My situaation is exactly the same as everyones above. Bought a train ticket and was asked if would like £15 discount.
    Have only Just discovered that they have been taking £10 out of my account since November 2010 . Grand total of £100 up to now. Rang to complain, 'the rather terse call centre young man No. 305038. offered £30 refund ( must be the standard ...So why do they offer £30 refund if they believe that they have a bona fide contract with their so called customers ? )
    I then read these blogs and realised that I'm not the only one who has been dupped by these unscrupulous people. Rang them back about 15 minutes later and then spoke to a call center woman No. 305100. who has promised me that I WILL receive the £100 back once I have filled in their naff form and sent it back to them.

I'm not one for letting these things go, so If i'm not satisfied with the result I WILL most definately persue them through the small claims court, the ombudsman and whoever will listen to me. Maybe even the TV programmes 'Watchdog' and 'Don't get done get Dom'.

I worked hard for that money, there is absolutely NO WAY they are going to STEAL it from me and my already financially strapped family.

This is a scandalous state of affairs and really should not be allowed. Such dishonest contracts etc. should not be slipped into lligitimate business dealings via the back door !!! very very poor behaviour.

I urge you all to write to their managing direct KEVIN STILLWELL and one of their supervisors LEE FOREST
    at:
    Loyal International Ltd.
    P.O.Box 450
    Tubs Hill House
    London Road
    Seven Oaks
    Kent
    TN13 1BL

DON'T GIVE UP THE FIGHT PEOPLE !!!

• Pa
    patrycja Mar 11, 2011

i lost nearly 100 pound with this company i get back 40 pound but still they take money this strart wen i back fly ticket from RYANAIR they offer 10pound cash back i replay for this but i never get this mony they should give me no take from me:(i can"t going all the time to bank and ask to refund my money i m so stres from this piss off from all

pn:((

chywoon Feb 28, 2011

Just found out that I am also victim of this scam. I have no idea how it has happend or what site I must have used, to date they have taken £110. I have had absolutly no use of any service that they claim to provide. Yes I have cancelled and hopefully tomorrow intend to try and get some back. Need to calm temper first! Arggggh

• Tr
    trish9161 Jan 07, 2011

I came across these posts by accident, so I went to look at the terms & conditions that we should all read when we join anything and found to my horror that by joining this scheme I too have actually agreed to pay the £10 fee. I have cancelled my subscription and have learned a valuable lesson always read the terms of service.

Maxispissedoff Dec 27, 2010

All I can say is My time rewards are f..king ###!!! They have taken my money by direct debit. Hopefully i get them back. Be careful people with flight bookings thru Easy Jet!!! And My time rewards - ### You!!!

• 03
    03kid Nov 10, 2010

I too have just realised that I have been charged £10 a month (since beginning of the year) by My Time Rewards after going on the Photobox site. Evidently I entered my e-mail address twice as an electronic signature and then clicked 'Yes' button to accept the offer. I have no recollection of this and I am sure that I never received a pre-notification e-mail within the 30 day trial period as they have claimed! I have now cancelled the order with My Time Rewards and have contacted Barclaycard Dispute Section to try and claim at least some of this money back. I am warning all friends to be very aware of this scam.

Maryo Nov 09, 2010

Hello Forum Members:

We want you to know that we’re here to help you. However, it’s difficult to do that in a public forum when we don’t know who each person is or the details of their membership. We can help you better and resolve your specific queries or concerns if you contact us directly. You can do so by calling our customer service team at [protected] (this is a free phone) or you can contact me directly at [email protected] If you contact me directly, please reference this forum.

Regards,
    Mary

• Pa
    Pat Moore Aug 31, 2010

I am not the only one to be taken in by this exercise!! We booked our Flights to Australia with ebookers on line, at the end of the booking it asked if we wanted a £15 Voucher off our next booking with ebookers. we clicked yes not realising we were being directed to another site, ( Shopper Discounts and Rewards & My Time Rewards), so we continued not realising that we were not dealing with ebookers. WE did not realise that we would be paying £10 per month to each of the companies since November 2009 when we knew nothing about them and have received no membership number or a list of associated companies. We have today contacted them and they have agreed to refund last three months payments but I have to send in Claim form for the other 7 months. Have contacted ebookers who do not have a complaints dept ??? The person I spoke to just referred me back to the companies. Are they getting a cut? I suggested they take the link of their webpage!! I was asked WHY?!!!
    Should read this site!! Still I will fill in refund claim forms and wait to see what happens. Will keep everyone updated and informed.

Pat Moore

Sam_f88 Jun 24, 2010

I found out today that I have also been charge £40 over several months for a service I knew nothing about. The question is now how do I recover my money?

• Aj
    A Jai Singh Mar 11, 2010

I am also being charged GBP 10 every month with no prior intimation exactly as mentioned above. How can this be discontinued at the earliest. Please advise.

Anil Jai Singh ([email protected])

• Cs
    C Schultz Mar 26, 2009

My Time Rewards and related company Shopper Discounts and Rewards, have both started debiting my credicard with a monthly fee of £ 10 each. The companies have got my creditcard details from a photobook company called Photobox. In total I have been debited £ 50 as I had not discovered the debits until now. I expect that they have got the creditcard details from Photobox whom I had paid for goods ordered from them. I had not agreed to my creditcard details being provided to these two companies.

Christer Schultz