My Perfect Resumeit is a fraud

M Review updated:

I do not understand the original complaint... What do you mean by it is a fraud? I just used the service and I cancelled after I built a resume. I can not attest yet to whether it is a fraud. I did not appreciate that the website was not up front about its pricing. You spend time building a "free" resume and have to pay 3. 95 to use it or download it they should be upfront about that. I do not think people will mind paying 3. 95 to get help writing a resume. What I am most disappointed about is that when you agree to pay the 3. 95, the receipt lets you know that you will automatically be billed 34. 00 at the end of 7 days. It does not state any of this "automatic billing" info when you agree to pay the 3. 95. It just says 3. 95 for 7 - day full access. It also give you the option to purchase at a monthly fee. I cancelled my subscription within 15 hours of using the service. I will see if myperfectresume.com continues to bill after 7 days has passed. I hope that they are honorable and reputable enough to not continue to bill after a cancellation of scam money out of an account any other way. Time (7 days) will tell.

liz_dun Feb 23, 2013

I paid this Livecareer.com $4.99 for a resume template and every month I am being charge $34.99. This web site is a scam.

Parulj Apr 15, 2019

@liz_dun Completely agree with you ! I have gone through the same problem. I paid once for one time resume download but I never opted for any monthly subscription but they recently deducted around $25 from my account. I don't mind paying for the resume templates but this monthly deduction of my $25 is not acceptable. When i asked for the refund they refunded only $12. I believe this is a scam and is a fraud website. Please i request you all not to fall for this site and rather use templates options in Ms. word. It's worth spending time in making resume on word than writing emails and reviews for the refund amount. I have learned it the hard way .

• Ca
    carsofive Jul 30, 2019

@liz_dun It looks like as of 07-30-2019, they're still up to their shenanigans. I'm pretty sure I read, or at least the impression they gave was the 24.99 dollars (here in Dallas, Texas, USA it's 24.99) was for an entire year. I paid it last month and was just rebilled again for 24.99. I called customer service and they refunded me the amount, but it's going to take 7 to 10 business days. I received an email confirmation and it said this at the end of the email: "If you have a subscription service, you may request for cancellation anytime you wish to discontinue the service or make use of our special offers." Does this mean they refunded me but did not cancel my subscription? I realized the customer service person didn't mention actually canceling my subscription. Great, now I have to make sure they canceled the subscription. You would think asking for a refund would mean cancel my subscription, but not to a fraudulent company. And MyPerfectResume, please do not reply with a pointless "I apologize for the misunderstanding... " bs.
    Why not instead, BE UPFRONT HOW YOU'RE GOING TO CHARGE PEOPLE. Otherwise, thanks to social media, your reputation is going to tank.

• Ra
    Rainey8507 Feb 03, 2020

@liz_dun I was almost in the same situation. I was being charged 24.95 even though I had canceled the subscription beforehand. I called the customer service to cancel the subscription and they are so rude and keeps advertising their fancy service.

LiveCareerUS Feb 28, 2013

Dear Liz_Dun,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 option you chose is good for 7 days and then it auto-renews. Underneath the subscription options in the same size font we state that the subscription will auto-renew on the 8th day. Once you cancel you will no longer be charged. Additionally, we state that on confirmation page, as well as in the email confirmation you received. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings!

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

LiveCareer

• Le
    leannes64 Nov 30, 2016

@LiveCareerUS how do I get in touch with these people, whats there email address, i am in Australia, i didn't know you get charged either, they better bloody not take 34 dollars of me, , , cheers leanne

• Le
    leannes64 Nov 30, 2016

@leannes64 maybe I need to contact the bank and deny there access

Myperfectresume scam Feb 15, 2017

@leannes64 Nowhere in their fancy pretend legit business site do they make their plan to relieve you of $34.95 each week / month.
    Either contact your bank and report the scam or shut down your account. Only way to stop them

LiveCareerUS Mar 12, 2013

Dear Mateo,

We apologize for the inconvenience, as an international company, MyPerfectResume processes payments from all over the globe through our e-commerce provider located in the UK. Some banks decline international transactions unless you contact them and let them know that you are OK with the transaction for MyPerfectResume, that’s the reason why your bank is declining your card.

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Livecareersucks Feb 20, 2018

@LiveCareerUS Your company is 100% a scam. Everyone should stay away!

LiveCareerUS Mar 09, 2018

@Livecareersucks Hello-

We apologize for the misunderstanding, but what is free on our site is the ability to try out our product to create resumes and cover letters, and to explore our templates, designs and text tuner samples. If you want to print a resume to bring to an interview, email your resume/cover letter, or download a professional looking resume then you do need a subscription. However we do offer the ability to download a FREE Plain Text format.

Please contact us immediately so we can help you with this issue. Our toll free number is [protected] we are available 7 days a week 6am-midnight EST. Or if you prefer, you can email us at: [protected]@myperfectresume.com

My*Perfect*SCAM Jul 07, 2018

@LiveCareerUS That's [censored] and you know it! You definitely do NOT answer calls 18hrs a day all week long. I called your number and it gave designated office hours less than 12 hours a day, only Monday through Friday, and revised hours on saturday. Your company is a total scam and you know it!

ALSO WHEN YOU CALL YOUR BANK TO BLOCK THE CHARGES, THEY CHANGE THEIR NAME SO THEY CAN TAKE THE $24.95 OVER AND OVER. YOUR BANK CANNOT CATCH ON. KEEP AN EYE ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK

• Ls
    L. Shaw Apr 15, 2019

@Livecareersucks Right. Total scam.

• Al
    AlexiaDiaz Apr 22, 2013

I have just cancelled a subscription to " My Perfect Resume." The reason for this is because; at first they say that it is a FREE service towards making a resume, then after you're all done and happy with your new resume, they add on $3.95. After a short period of time I started to notice a fee of $34.95, repeatedly. I called to cancel my subscription because when I accepted the $3.95 fee, it said the subscription would expire after 7 days. Sadly, they lied and charged me for months with out notice. I called about 45 minutes ago, and the rude man answered the phone and said " The subscription that you paid for $3.95 has a recurring billing feature and you can cancel at any time. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing, underneath the description of the subscription in bullet form, as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings!" <----- THIS IS NOT TRUE. At no point did I EVER receive a confirmation letter stating that I would be charged an extra $34.95. I even offered to read this man the confirmation letter I DID receive, he then interrupted me and kept going on about how I should have read more carefully. I then asked him for a full refund and he replied that he can only refund me $34.95 of this month and not any other month because I should have read the agreement. My Perfect Resume is a scam and should be shut down, shame on all of you who take money of innocent people who are obviously trying to get a job and can hardly afford the $3.95 ( in some cases) then decide to raise the price to $34.95. Hope the company gets reported and shut down. Very disappointed.

Myperfectresume scam Feb 15, 2017

@AlexiaDiaz Yes I agree with this post 100%. Furthermore, they initially send you email confirmation of payment but never alert you by email for their consecutive withdrawals from your account. Done by stealth. Zero warning by email. Zero receipt by email. Zero payment confirmation by email for the many many charges they deduct without you knowing.
    How devious

• Ro
    Rob Lynch Nov 05, 2017

@AlexiaDiaz I signed up and was charged $3.95 and it stated after 7 days i would be charged 24.99 if i chose not to cancel before the 7 days. You people need to learn to read. Im very pleased with the price and service.

LiveCareerUS Nov 17, 2017

@Rob Lynch Thanks, Rob! We appreciate the feedback :) Glad to hear you had a great experience with our product. Feel free to reach out if you may need anything else. Thanks

Andrej Marijan Oct 08, 2018

@AlexiaDiaz I have canceled the subscription and they denied it saying its not in their history file. They are definetly a scam company.

• Ji
    JimJimAA Oct 12, 2018

@Rob Lynch you're a dumb [censored]

LiveCareerUS Apr 24, 2013

Dear Alexia,

We are also very sorry you did not have the best customer service experience. Thank you for the feedback, we will make sure our agents are fully trained to respond back more politely. With regard to the email confirmation, we sent that out when you subscribed stating that it auto-renews at $ 34.95. If it is not in your inbox, kindly check your spam folder, because sometimes it is routed there by mistake. We also stated that it auto-renews on our subscription sales page. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search. A monthly subscription to Resume Builder makes tailoring, customizing, and creating cover letters really easy and fast. We understand the frustration with the situation, but we would like to take necessary action for the remaining charges as we can send it to our billing department for approval.

Myperfectresume scam Feb 15, 2017

@LiveCareerUS Rubbish. I cancelled my subscription, sent an email demanding a refund but am still being charged

• Ea
    eaglar Apr 30, 2013

April 30, 2013

I called [protected] at 8:34 p.m. CDST to cancel my... whatever! i was laid off my job in January, and am on unemployment. $34.95 a month is a chunk out of my unemployment check. I intend to contact my bank, as well as my state attorney general's office about this business fraud. At 8:44 p.m. my call was answered by a nice lady, IN ASIA! Her pronunciation of "career" came out as "carrier". When I told her I wanted to cancel the subscription and expected a refund for the charges, she informed me that I had signed up with a "sister company", "Live Career." After I gave her an elocution lesson, she gave me a number she was going to forward me to, and I was cut off (8:49 p.m.).That number was: [protected].

I called Live Career and reached a recorded answer at 8:54... waiting... waiting... At 8:59, A nice ” young man, in Asia, answered. I explained that I was very upset at being charged $34.95 for nothing”, and that the girl who answered from Perfect Resume had explained that he worked for a "sister company, " who was charging my bank account. I told him I wanted him to cancel my "subscription" immediately, and that I expected a refund, or else I would be contacting my state's attorney general's office. He said he would cancel my subscription and send me a confirmation of the cancelation, as well as credit my bank account for the last (in my case, second) charge. I felt that was as good as I could do, and thanked him. I hung up at 9:08. I regret the time spent, as much as the money. I will NEVER sign up for anything, ever again, online.

• Ho
    honey1 May 12, 2013

Hey people... Well i was looking for resume templates online and found this website. I agree to many people here that nowhere it's mentioned in the beginning that we will be charged an amount for building a resume... My perfect resume: You guys gotta fix this because it's very frustrating in the end and you are getting bad reviews for it. I made my entire resume very happily, was happy with the template and my new resume, and in the end i came to know i will be charged for it for $3.95... NOT HAPPY with that!!! You guys gotta fix this thing. BUT... when i saw a charge, i went to google and checked the reviews of this site(i have been scammed before by someone else just like that). People complained that they agreed for 3.95 but were billed 34 something after a few days... So i went to My perfect resume and chatted with one of their reps(loved the service : thats where ill give you good points). The rep told me that your resume will cost you $3.95 but after 14 days you will be billed continuously every month for $34 if you don't cancel your subscription before 14 days. He also directed me to the cancellation page. So, everything was clear to me right there... Moral: Do research about the company before making any payment and youll be fine!... and that's what i did, made my resume, paid $3.95 and cancelled the subscription right after downloading my resume and got a cancellation confirmation email.

In the end: YOU GUYS GOTTA TELL PEOPLE ON THE WEBSITE HOMEPAGE THAT THEY WILL CHARGED AN AMOUNT FOR MAKING THEIR RESUME!!!

• Ha
    Hayley1012 May 22, 2013

I have been charged $34.95 also, and I am very upset by it! I spoke with a representative and he could only refund me $32 at a prorated amount. Whatever. So after the 2-3 business days he assured it would take to hit my account, it had not. So I called. She said the transaction did not go through. Really?? So she said she would put it through again. I will be calling again in 3 days if that money is not in my account. I recommend no one use this service, as it is a scam.

Myperfectresume scam Feb 15, 2017

@Hayley1012 Agree. Total scam. I cancelled subscription last month but am still being billed not monthly but it seems weekly.
    Closing bank account only way to shut it down

Don't go near this dodgy internet scam !!

Myperfectresume scam Feb 15, 2017

@Myperfectresume scam Oh, I also sent email to myperfectresume scammers and no prizes for guessing that email returned "undelivered"
    Silly us for thinking actual company was legit.

LiveCareerUS May 30, 2013

Dear Honey,

We’re so glad you found our website useful and were able to build the perfect resume for you. We try to make it as clear as possible that the free trial is the ability to try out our product.

I would think that your posting is clear evidence that we are doing a good job of communication. You were able to get the necessary information on how to print your resume and cancel your account in a timely manner. Rather than try to keep you as a member, our customer service representative clearly advised you on how to cancel your account.

If you still have more queries regarding your subscription; we are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

My Perfect resume

LiveCareerUS May 31, 2013

Dear hayley,

We apologize for any inconvenience if the refund did not take place after 2 - 3 business days. We have now re - processed your refund and you should now see the credit on your bank card statement. The pro - rated refund provided is the number of days passed since the last payment of the $ 34. 95 and it was processed as a courtesy credit.

Best regards,

My perfect resume

• Fi
    fiona92 Jun 13, 2013

Same thing happened to me. Make a "perfect resume" & then have to pay the $3 fee which is fine. Only to get a shock to see they have taken out $34. 95 the month later for a reoccuring charge??? Why would i want to subscribe to something like a resume site?
    Since when did it say that it would be a reoccuring fee??
    People beware! - ensure you cancel your subscription after you download your resume or end up paying $30. 00 each month for a 'reoccurance' fee!

You guys are just scammers! Where is t set out clearly on your site that you will be taking a direct debit each month of $34. 95. . .

• He
    herb79 Jun 16, 2013

I was making a resume for my son. after I finished I was happy with the results. THAN AT THE END
    3.95 lucky for us he was not at home at the time so I didn't get his cc number. I am so happy I came across this board before I give his cc number to the company. Just another way to get hard working peoples money the EASY way. You should be ashamed of your self . Let people know up front about
    the money and that you will keep billing them with out their permission. I hope some where an Attorney General files a law suite against this company!

• Ta
    Tattie91 Jun 17, 2013

I had a great confusion between "Live Career" and "My Perfect Resume" because at some point they 'seem' to work as a team and at other points they do not. What is annoying about this website is the numerous hidden extra charges. Do no pretend you are "free" when you are not. We all know this is business but customers expect honesty aswell. I had the same sad experience like most people who posted earlier and I do no trust online transactions anymore especially as far as this website is concerned.

Dear Fiona92,

Thank you for your comments.

Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option, in bullet form as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search, but we do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings! If service is no longer needed.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com

Dear Herb,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume wizard before deciding to purchase. If you like what you see, we ask you to pay for a subscription. The ability to print and download your resume are only listed as a feature of the paid subscription and are not listed as a feature of the free account. Additionally, we state our prices and policies on our subscription sales page and email confirmation we sent upon purchase. We also offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings!

Herb, we take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people and we make every effort to let our customers know of the services we offer before deciding to purchase.
    You can also contact our customer service for further queries. We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Dear Tattie91,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Livecareer and My Perfect Resume are sister companies. We are sorry for the confusion you experienced. The free account is the ability to try out the Wizard to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase. There is no cost to TRY it out. At this time we do offer free text (.txt) download of your resume, but if you would like a professionally formatted version you need to subscribe.

• Re
    Rexson Jul 09, 2013

I recently wrot eup a resume for my dad. He wasn't fully satisfied with the results so he looked up 'How to write resumes'. He bumped in to this website and told me about it. I took a look and all I saw was $3.95 or something. So I typed in my account details cause my father is unemployed.
    The next week, my dad recieves the resume from this website. And the quality of the resume was extremely poor.
    -spelling errors -simple grammar errors -lack of puntuation
    -display of text is unclear -text was too small -a random dot point
    -the use of BOLD & Caps Lock was not properly used
    The resume basically looked like it was copied and pasted on. There were no commas and it seemed squished even though there was alot of space below. I was very disappointed in the result but I siad to myself, "It's ok, I only paid like $4 on this thing." So it didn't worry me. Until I got charged again the next week. And then again the next week. And AGAIN the week after. I tried to let this go but the amount of money it has taken from me has irritated me greatly.
    I am hoping to refund my money. I am not paying $30 bucks for a useless resume. My father is still unemployed.

• Po
    polly doodle Jul 27, 2013

I signed up for the 3.95 deal only! There was a choice to continue with and advanced version for a longer time, but I did not check that box! What a cheap load of ### it is for them to take advantage of those who are unemployed and try to charge them ongoing for nothing!!! I know our world sucks, but I hoped some people has enough scruples not to cheat, cheat, cheat those already in a financial crunch.

• Ed
    EdwardB13 Aug 04, 2013

I appreciate that the representatives come here & respond to each complaint, or nearly each?
    I am very frustrated with the number of companies that lure you in with "free!!", and then there is a catch.
    While the representative is right in what they post, it is still very easy to misunderstand what is going to happen.
    That said, just because it is easy to miss certain things, it is also very key to research and read agreements!
    So while i think there is an appearance of the "bait - and - switch", in reality that is not true.
    I understand that many here feel defrauded, but truly, you didn't read very closely. Sorry, but it's true. I've seen screenshots / pictures of the agreements, and they are not lying to you.
    I think they should be very clear in saying "free to look", pay to use, pay more if you don't cancel. Mainly the only way they fail is the first part - you think you get to use it for free - but you don't. The main thrust of the bad users here fail in not reading, fully, the agreements.
    Why do you think you would get something truly for free? Why would a company put forth money to create & maintain a website, for you to create & download a resume for free. Period. Then you have all that help? How do they pay for that - if you do it for free?
    Think.
    Edward

@EdwardB13 I cancelled. Still being billed. Explain that

• Js
    J Sselemoh Apr 27, 2017

@EdwardB13 We didn't think we were using it for free. We were agreeing to pay a reasonable charge of $3. It doesn't mention a $25 monthly fee until the fine print of the receipt. Many of us are canceling our accounts and yet still being charged the monthly fees until we have to go to our bank and change our card number. Hooking us into an inflated monthly charge which is only mentioned if you read the fine print is misleading but still legal, continuing to charge us after we cancel is fraudulent.

• En
    EnragedCustomer42 Aug 13, 2013

MyPerfectResume is nothing more than a money grabbing scam. Steer clear.

• Ne
    Neha_thakur Aug 30, 2013

The same case is with me as well..As i have made my resume for considering "Free" and spent a good amount of time..But at the end of it i have received a message that I need to pay for the services.Wrong is not that they are charging it.Wrong is that the company is misleading people by saying it free.Please stop this.

• Kr
    Krysse Sep 08, 2013

I actually signed up for the one month subscription for 7.95 and got billed $100 for a one year subscription. Thanks guys. No it is not clear and this company is well aware they are misleading customers. The pricing "catch' is buried in the list of features, it is not the actual price you are clicking on and it does not let you confirm the price before you are charged. If this isn't technically fraud because they put the catch somewhere, it is still very deliberately misleading. The product is not even worth the one month fee I was willing to pay. Hopefully these scammers get shut down soon but I will at least start reading reviews before I ever make a purchase like this again. Boo!

Pauli St. Sep 22, 2013

Completely and totally a fraud!! They never sent me an email confirming some sort of subscription agreement. I paid the fee to download my "free" resume then canceled the trial service immediately. Just noticed they have been charging my monthly for a couple of months. If someone cancels their trial service then why would they bill monthly? Is it even possible to cancel? All I had happen was a pop-up notice on my screen saying cancelation successful but never received any other confirmation. My fault for not doing a screen capture? Its all a big scam and its obvious by everyone else's posts as well!!!

my perfect resume Oct 02, 2013

I agree whole heartedly, with the complaints of fraud.I ran into the same problem just two days ago.I wrote up my resume and went to print and a charge format appeared.I was looking to take advantage of some of the other features so i approveed the $7.95 per month deduction from my checking account.With the agreement to cancel anytime.But when i checked my account later that day, i discovered a $95 withdrawal from my account.
    I immediatley called and i was told "we are so sorry, "the refund will be back in your account within 3 days.My point is, yes this is fraud and false advertisement.and by the way, i will only be getting $91 back of my money to pay for the reume and to continue using thier services for 15 days.in that time i have 14 days to cancel or be charged $7.95 per month there after with the option to cancel anytime.I will be canceling on the 14th day and never will i be tricked like this again.Thanks to resources like this.

• Kv
    kvet Oct 22, 2013

I am not sure if fraud or not, as I have had difficulties in past with cards not working on other foreign sites. I do however have issues with the site, otherwise. After uploading a resume, the site jumbled up the information and made scrambled mess of most all of it. I found little way to attempt to sort stuff out. Cust. Service told me to start over and put all into a blank form from scratch. I tried to print out the jumbled resume and was not able to do so unless I paid money. Why pay for something I have to do all over? Customer service told me to download the form to PDF. I attempted this, and again was told I need to pay money. I gave up. Seems like a scam to me.
    kvet1

annanan Nov 07, 2013

If i hadn't been carefully checking over my bank account, i would not have noticed the monthly charges of $35. 23 in october and november. I needed a resume once and created it on 9 / 20 / 13. I've had the same job for 25 years and this was for a promotion. I am close to retirement and other than this job i won't be job seeking. I am satisfied where i am. To make a long story short, i did the one time fee of $4. 95 and canceled immediately. I received an an email from the company that i would receive a refund for the amount i had been charged, i'd be charged the nominal fee, and no further charges would be incurred. So when i found these charges i went to the website to chat. There i was told i didn't cancel within the 14 days, even though i had the email evidence that said i cancelled the very day i ordered their service. Huh? After a long conversation where i asked for a supervisor and also let them know i would be contacting my state's attorney as well as the ftc, i as told i would get a full refund for the 2 months i was charged, even though it is not their policy to give refunds. We shall see. I am very suspicious of a company that does not give refunds, and one as slippery as this one. Buyer beware.

• Ar
    Armybrat7 Jan 01, 2014

I only agreed to pay $7.95 and no where at all did it state that they would charge me $95.40, but indeed they did!!! I provided my debit card info again only for the $7.95 subscription and once my bank info was entered it came back that I was being charged $95.40?!!! I immediately cancelled. Unfortunately, due to it being New Years Day I will have to wait till tomorrow to dispute this transaction with my bank. People please do not provide your credit or debit info. This company is a complete FRAUD!!! I signed back on their website to clear my debit info to prevent future debits to my bank account, but of course they do not offer an edit button to clear your info at all. Thieves!!!

• Yo
    YouIdiot877 Jan 04, 2014

It's big and bold on their website that you will be charged the 35 bucks after 14 days. How do you people have the audacity to demand money back when you clearly messed up? They aren't taking advantage or scamming hard working people...just idiots that obviously can't read.

• Ju
    jujett Jan 09, 2014

Complete fraud!!! Do not use! Created my "free" resume when I was ready to print of course a fee was involved I clicked on the 7.95$ option entered my bank information and got a "processing error" for my bank to authorize the transaction. My contacted me about the transaction and explained to me an international charge from a possible fraudulent system is trying to process a payment of 95.00!!! I went from a free resume to a 3.95$ resume to a 95.00$. Do not use this website

• Ut
    UtLacrossePlayer26 Jan 11, 2014

I paid the initial fee for the 2 week trial with my debit card as well. Than I am one day late on canceling and the website charges me for an entire year, so I email them asking for a refund. Well I get a email back from their "customer support" and he says if I fail to cancel within the time period than it switches to a monthly fee except for the fact they charged me for the entire year. I would have been fine paying the monthly fee than canceling after I paid for this month, but they charged me for the entire year. The website isn't a complete scam, but they are trying to run game on people. I am a broke college student and they took all but fifty seven cents out of my account without even asking if I wanted to pay for the year. They just took the liberty and took out the forty or whatever dollars it is for a year. Again I would have been fine paying a fee for this month, but they took out the entire years worth of their fees than tried to give me some crap about a monthly fee. This website is run by liars, and now I don't even know how I'm going to eat for this month because of these complete jerks. I'm a student athlete so I don't have time for a job right now. No one should use My Perfect Resume because they will tell you they are doing one thing, than take the liberty of charging you whatever they want. Use a website that's more honest about their prices.

• We
    Web Designers Are The BEST! Jan 11, 2014

Look this tool is used to help you understand how to build a resume. It is FREE to learn and understand for the user. If you do not wish to pay the service fees, just go back to the EDIT SECTIONS, COPY and PASTE your sections into a WORD DOCUMENT. This way you can customize fonts/colors/layout etc...

Never give in to the demands of a paid service, when you can do it yourself.

Donnie

PS. I think My Perfect Resume is doing a fine job.

• Ed
    edro Jan 19, 2014

39 dollars a month taken out of my account. Perfect resume sure could find the last 4 of my card number to charge my account twice for 39 dollars, but now that I am trying to get it stopped, everyone in this company plays stupid. They cant find my account. Whatever it takes, they are going to stop it!!!

PaulGCC Feb 03, 2014

This is indeed a scam. The $3.95 price shows up often on the website, but when you are clicking the "agree" box for your debit card, the $34.95 charge appears at the bottom of the wording. I didn't notice it at first and it was only after reviewing my Feb bank statement and checking out the complaints board website that I realized what happened. I called the customer service number and the representative immediately read a prepared excuse which explains the "fine print" charge. She obviously deals with multiple calls like this per day. I will contact my bank about myperfectresume.com and hopefully they can list the company as a scam/fraud so others will not fall into the same trap. From October 2013 to Feb 2014 I was charged $34.95 per month amounting to over $140 for a site that I used for about 20 minutes total. I could have paid a professional $140 to help me with a resumé.

*Note to the company rep who posts on this site: If you set out to fool people with the website, then you are doing a great job. If you want to provide a legitimate service, I suggest that you advertise the $34.95 monthly charge prominently on your website and erase any mention of the $3.95 bait and switch fee.

• Gi
    gilek64 Feb 05, 2014

The word document is un-editable after download. DO NOT BUY THIS SERVICE!!! The bullet points are stuck in LaLa Land and can not be deleted. I know how to use Word and nothing works. Then after waiting 20 minutes on the chat line they told me the only option was to pay $35 for a month's worth of "service."

LiveCareerUS Feb 12, 2014

Dear PaulGCC,

Paul, we take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people.

We are very clear that we have a recurring billing feature. We clearly state it on our subscription sales page in bullet point right below the $3.95 14 day – access, on the third bullet it says automatically renews at $ 34.95 per month on the 15th day, cancel anytime. We also send payment confirmation email stating the amount purchased and the auto-renewal date to the email address you have used to set up the account. We even make cancellation really easy as we provide multiple ways: By phone, chat, email or though “Account Settings” online if service is no longer needed and to avoid incurring the monthly charge.

You can contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@myperfectresume.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

LiveCareerUS Feb 12, 2014

Dear Customer,

We apologize for any issues you had with our site. Most subscribers are able to able to edit and make customization quite successfully and we hate to hear when a subscriber has troubles.

We have a customer service representative available to help you anytime for whatever issues that you may have. We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@myperfectresume.com

• Oc
    OctavioE Feb 20, 2014

MyPerfectResume is nothing more than a money grabbing scam. All the comments about are true; this web place is a scam and they prey on people who are more in need to get a job.

I'm been with not job for 3 moths and so little money to get by but this the perfectresume people left me (steal) 40 dollar from my savings account. Is not another way to called,

• Br
    breezie45 Feb 28, 2014

I am disgusted with the dishonesty from this website. You should really be giving people warning before you charge the $34.95. Most people that are using your website do not have jobs therefore cannot afford to pay for the $34.95. This website is full of crooks and I am so disgusted with the fact that you lie about your services and charge $3.95 and then charge $34.95. This is just sick and twisted that you would want to screw people over like this.

• Te
    teri2306 Mar 05, 2014

This company is crap. And they are scammers. I cancelled my account that I created on Feb 18th online on Feb 19th. They still charged my card 34.95. When I called them they were extremely rude and not helpful. DO NOT give them your credit card information. I will be ordering a new card and cancelling the one I have. Lesson learned

• Su
    Suze Young Mar 17, 2014

I just received my current Visa bill (& then went & checked the earlier one), and YES, there it was: 2 billings at $39.80 each. After i printed out a shoddy-looking resume off their site, and paid a trial fee I went in and immediately declined/cancelled any remaining services. I should have known they would do this, like too many internet businesses. I had no interest in doing anything else at the time, was not looking for a job, etc. I just needed an updated fast resume for a school I was applying to. I spoke with them & they agreed to refund ONE charge; at that time I did not know about the prior one. The chat people were polite, but this is outrageous when you think of the $$ they must rack up on people not checking their statements carefully (like me, sometimes)...now I must go back & argue about the earlier charge. Thanks for listening, Suzanne Young