My Paralegal Robert PilkingtonHe's a fraud!

F Review updated:

On September 1, 2009, I went into My Paralegal, owned by Robert (Bob) Pilkington in Pahrump, NV, across the street from Wal-Mart. The reason I was there was a friend of mine who had composed a witness statement for my court case had wanted to get two copies of his statement notarized.

The ### who owns the business, a RINO, decided to question the document at hand, which, according to two lawyers, a few other paralegals and three attorneys, is illegal and none of his business. He also refused to notarize my friend's statement, saying he doesn't notarize copies. Okay, that's his choice, and we were prepared to leave, but the idiot decided to question the other documents and started flipping through it. That's when he broke the law.

When I calmly decided to explain to him what the documents were, he said that he can't notarize a document that's a copy. Except that's BS, according to aforementioned group I just listened. Then he said he's been doing "this" for 28 years. According to the group, he's been doing it wrong for 28 years and have gotten many people to lose cases based on his filings. Then he says that he hates lawyers, and that he's not a lawyer because he's too smart to go to law school.

Well, sounds like he's foolishly lawyering right about now.

He then decides he's a lawyer all of sudden, and say my paperwork is "wrong" and that I don't have Constitutional Rights, and that a judge can't make a ruling in a case that removes a dangerous persons Constitutional Rights (oh, a judge can to protect the public at large), and that judges are the lowest form of life, and that he "knows" people like me. Really? He's never met me 'til that morning, how can he "know" a person like me? I didn't know that he was a [censored] at the time, but I didn't assume that he's one like that. He sure did though.

Then he says I can't afford his "services." Really? I can't afford a paralegal to re-type, in the appropriate fashion, and then notarize a document? That's about $200 tops. He comes up with a figure of $5000. Really? For a paralegal? I can hire Edward M. Bernstein for $5000. I can hire Bob Massi for $5000. I can hire Carlos Piazza for $5000. I can hire Jan Paul Koch ten times over for $5000. See the problem here? As I try to leave, he keeps scream and yelling back at me all the slanders against his foolishness of the legal system.

As we leave, my friend informs me that he once got a lady, who had a slam-dunk case, to lose because he tried to play lawyer. Well, since he's "too smart to go to law school", well . . . let that one stand as he runs a fraud business.

Later, the group aforementioned believes he's a racist and that he has been reported to both the State Bar of Nevada for practicing law without bar acceptance or a law degree and to the ACLU for trampling on my civil rights in a business.

Maybe Robert Pilkington should go to law school, because now he's here on Complaints Board and facing heavy legal action from two agencies.

Bottomline to my fellow citizens of Pahrump or Southern Nevada is to avoid My Paralegal and Robert Pilkington at all costs, for he is running a shady business of playing lawyer without either a law degree or state bar acceptance.

Follow-Up: While posting this, the State Bar has informed me he's neither an attorney nor a paralegal.

More My Paralegal Robert Pilkington Complaints & Reviews

• Ne
    Nette Andrews Sep 11, 2009

I know the individual of which you speak fairly well, as he is my absent father. You are right to warn the people of Southern Nevada and you hit the nail on the head. He has not been "doing it" for 28 years as I just turned 29 and he didn't start that type of business until after my parent's divorce in 1990. He is right he has battled the legal system and he hates judges...my parents' divorce was a messy one that went on for years even after it was finalized. I can only apologize and give my deepest sympathies because I better than anyone (other than the 3 other children he has and does not communicate with) know the extent of his wrath and need for serious psychological help.

• My
    My Paralegal Jan 15, 2010

Well, it's a nice story, but, it doesn't seem to tell the truth.

True, this guy came into my office.

He wanted me to notarize copies; however, the documents were copies AND the person who signed them was not there.

The document he was going to file with the court was hand written and was written on both sides and the margins. I tried to tell him that the format was incorrect, but all he did was cop attitude.

Next, I never read his document. Couldn't tell you what was in it if my life depended on it. All he told me is that he was charged with a crime and he was fighting it.

I do not give legal advice; and if a lady had a "slam dunk" case, maybe we should as her why she went to court, by herself, and lost. I was not there, so I don't know what she did or didn't do. In fact, I don't even know who we are talking about.

But there is this: I take the information I am provided and prepare documents based on that information. If it is wrong, the documents will be wrong. Ditto if the information is correct.

Finally, after this jack-### told me how f'd-up I was for not notarizing his copies (without the person who signed them being there), I told him that I would not prepare anything for him, even if he paid me $5, 000.00.

So, there you have it. Some idiot came to my office, wanted me to do something I couldn't / wouldn't do, and then was a complete a-hole to me. Then, he files this complaint.

I am constantly watched by the Nevada Bar to ensure that I am not practicing law. So far, I have passed muster.

As far as Donnetta. She has what her mother told her. I fought for 7 years to see the kids until I just finally gave up. All the while, her mother and her mother's family did everything they could to stop me from seeing my children. I am guessing, that my insistance on seeing my kids is why their mother said I was so bad.

Good Day

• Ne
    Nevada Citizen Jun 29, 2010

just fyi apparently the para - man - opps paralegal in question video and audio tapes all his conversations with 'clients' at his office... without any knowledge of that action imparted to the parties present. good luck to anyone who enters there. BTW - isn't that illegal? just askin'

• De
    denwoolftrk Jul 05, 2010

Ah, no, it is not.

Just had a recent event in my office from a business and THANK GOD I have the conversations taped. All kinds of threats were made against me and my business. WOO HOO for audio / video tapes.

People who have nothing to fear, do not fear that. People who lie, cheat, and try to steal businessess beware, your actions are caught on tape.

• Je
    Jesse the Fever James Dec 23, 2013

As far as I'm concerned, he gave Peter Helfrich a taste of his own medicine after Peter slandered My Paralegal and other businesses, judges, attorneys, police officers and anybody else who makes an honest living all the way from New York state to Nevada. So My Paralegal is good in my book. In fact, the next time I'm in Vegas, I may to drive to Pahrump and buy Mr. Pilkington a beer and drink to Peter's sentencing for manslaughter.

• Al
    Al cook Aug 14, 2016

Iv never met the man, but a friend of mine went to him. They gave him $500.00 and all he did for them was tell them you have no case. On the phone tho two days prior he made it sound like he could get her the moon. She is losen her house and went to him for help he filled her with lies and took her money. To me that's not rite and this is not the frist time iv herd about this guy. I wood stay well away from him with any of my business.

• Ro
    Robert Pilkington Apr 03, 2019

@Al cook Sorry it took so long to respond - I retired on July 15, 2016. Al Cook, I know exactly who you are talking about - and no, this woman gave me NO MONEY - never came to the office and gave me nothing but a hard time on the phone. I told her that she should get an attorney, because I no longer did bankruptcy paperwork - which by law, I was only allowed to take $200.00 - and I have receipts and copies of every BK I ever did. I don't know if this woman lost her house or not, and quite frankly, do not care. She was rude, nasty and offensive on the phone - and based on that conduct, I wanted nothing to do with her. Have a great day - and one last thing - no documents EVER cost exactly $500.00 - EVER.