[Resolved] My Heritageancestry website

I have been charged £90(debited from my account), for a subscription, I did not want to subscribe, as I was on a free trial. They have taken this without my consent, as apparently they should have sent me an email before taking out the money, but I did not receive any such email. Therefore, I demand they refund the £90 back to me. I have contacted my bank, and they are looking into it for me, and I will supply them with more details as required by them. This is a bad company, as I, like many others possibly, just wanted to try out the site with all good intentions on my part. I really cannot afford this.

• Resolution Statement

• MyHeritage Customer Care's Response · Oct 19, 2017

Dear Janette,

I regret to find that you were unaware of the charge if your trial is not canceled before it ends. Your overall satisfaction is extremely important to us. I have already located your account and have issued you a full refund. Please allow several days for this to process and reflect in your bank.

I also must clarify that MyHeritage informs all of the annual charge and its price on the automatic e-mail that is sent out after you enroll in the Free trial membership and after every renewal. Also, one may view the status or cancel a free trial or an annual subscription at any time when logging in to MyHeritage and going to your My Purchases page and incur no annual charge.

Your MyHeritage member experience is very important to us and your refund is guaranteed under our terms and conditions. We absolutely value the satisfaction of all of our members. This is why our terms and conditions read that If you are not satisfied with your purchased plan you may request a full refund by contacting Customer Support within thirty (30) days of the initial purchase date of the subscription.

I've already written to you about this in a separate e-mail and If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to that e-mail or contact me anytime at rafael.[protected]@myheritage.com, I'd be always happy to help.

Sincerely