Mr. HandymanFalse Advertising / SCAM / Horrible Customer Service

F

Mr. Handyman did not honor free offer to do a home inspection. In the confirmation information checklist they say "New customers are eligible for a free brief home inspection to check for things that could interfere with your safety and/or comfort, which includes 26 items indoors and out and only takes about 15mins. depending on the size of your house." The tech showed up two hours late for his appointment and when I asked for the inspection, he said inspections occur after a service is completed and it was too late in the day for the inspection (it wasn’t my fault he was two hours late.) He said I could schedule it on my next job with them. He also said another tech lived in my area and that maybe he could do it. Well, I didn't schedule another job, but I wanted the inspection as it was offered. Note, nothing in their advertising said inspections had to be scheduled with the job. I called the front office the next day and I was told that I would have to order some more work and they would schedule it then. Order more work to get their offer? I had no more work to order. So they said they wouldn't do it. In addition to false advertising, this was horrible customer service. They reneged on a promise and they didn't care that they did. They didn't care that the tech was two hours late, they just didn't care. This was terrible. Good customer service would have had the tech schedule the inspection some other time. It would only take fifteen minutes according to their description. Instead, they wanted to charge me another $158 for an hour of work for something that should be free. This is a scam. This business disrespects their customers. While the tech might have done good work, the front office was terrible. I will not recommend Mr. Handyman. Their rates are too expensive for the amount of work ordered and the level of poor customer service.