Menu
Monster Energy Company
reviews & complaints

Monster Energy Company
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

20 complaints
3 resolved 17 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Monster Energy Company. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:53 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Monster Energy

Im an avid consumer of monster energy and have been for the past 7 years. I bought a 4 pack of the Green monster energy drinks on Sunday August 6th at the Dollar General in Wisconsin. All 4 cans were sealed. When I went to drink the taste was way off and almost rotten. Tasted like rotten steamed broccoli and I got sick to stomach. I tried each can and all bad. I buy frequently from this store so I know it wasn't old product. It had to be a bad batch in production. I have saved the case box. I actually bought 2 cases but only 1 case was bad.

Desired outcome: Id like a refund for the 4 pack case I bought.

K
12:27 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Plastic Shard In Drink

7/19/22 at 8:20am

Mango Loco juice monster energy drink contained large shard of moldy black spotted plastic.

Almost swallowed large shard. Unknown amount of smaller plastic shards ingested. Throat is sore and stomach is upset. Purchased at Ralphs in Southern California.

Identifying can information:

[protected] N

[protected] 4

20515A2BD

E2226 NCA 21:14

Desired outcome: Recall of batch, refund of 15 drinks purchased, financial coverage of any future resulting tissue damage, mold or fungal medical costs including but not limited to diagnostic, treatment, cost of care, and loss of wages.

B
1:54 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Monster

Purchased a 4-pack of Monster (black can, green logo) a couple of days ago at local convenience store. The last can I opened today had an odor and smell similar to old milk or yogurt. I took a couple of sips thinking it was just my perception being off. It has left a lingering foul taste. I've cleaned the outside of the can and poured the entire contents into a clean glass. There is nothing visible on the can or in the can that accounts for this awful taste and odor.

Desired outcome: I would welcome, foremost, an explanation about what I've just ingested! A gift card would also be appreciated to offset the replacement expense and to compensate the inconvenience.

3:27 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Energy drink original

May 19 2022 I purchased 2 original monster energy drinks from town pump gas station in butte Montana I drink these regularly. The first one in opened today tasted odd. It was flat and bitter. I drank it fast as I didn’t want to waste it. I opened my second one and it was also flat and bitter and had a mild taste to it. On my second drink I swallowed a chunk of something. I poured the contents of the can in to a cup through a strainer and caught two other little white balls of something.

Desired outcome: I would not like a refund as that is a pain to do as it involves credit card numbers and what not but possibly a gift card or something along those lines?

C
1:55 pm EST

Monster Energy Company - Metal in drink

I purchased a can of monster energy from my local supermarket and when I got to the bottom of my drink I tasted metal in my mouth and almost swallowed it. When I looked in the bottom of the cab I found that a tab was in the bottom of my drink. This has left me feeling very dissatisfied as I almost choked on the metal and could have potentially swallowed it which would have meant that I would have to visit the hospital in order to get this removed.

12:43 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently bought a case of Monster zero sugar drinks at Sams Club in Roanoke Va. One of the drinks in the case was not useable. The can was very flimsy and I think the product had lost it's carbonation. There didn't seem to be a hole in the can because it was not leaking.

S
8:42 am EST

Monster Energy Company - Mega Monster energy drink

Hi I have bought 6 of the mega Monster energy drinks and have noticed that out of the 6 which was bought 5 had small type of worms and ants coming from the inside of the cans I have then taken it back to where it was bought and have not received any feed back or refund they have told me that they will get monster energy to contact me of get them to issue me with a case of mega Monster energy drinks again and there has not been any feed back from that day on wards

5:34 am EDT

Monster Energy Company - Monster energy drink cans

Good day

This morning my husband and stop at the Engine garage in Krugersdorp on our way to work for him to get his daily monster energy drink. However just as we left the Garage the monster can developed a Crack on the side and all the contents messed out in the car. We then turned around and showed the lady working at the till to ask gor an exchange, she because it didn't happen in the shop she can't help us.
This is the fourth time over the 6 months that we have bought monster were a Crack has developed on side when no one is even holding the can never mind it even being opened.
Is there anyone that would be able to assist in this matter?

U
12:29 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Driver

October 20, approximately 7:45 AM
One of your drivers in downtown Monticello, drive up to my vehicle on the left side before he turned left at the lights threw his coffee on my drivers side wind shield as I was in traffic waiting at a light. He proceeded to turn left at the lights and took off.
I took a picture of my van and his plates.
Another driver stopped with me when I was cleaning my van up and asked me what the hell! DBC594
[protected]@yahoo.com
Nice drivers. Little stressed out? I clearly was not doing anything wrong in traffic, pretty sad way to start the day

Desired outcome: Address the issue!! I am today!

S
2:35 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Monster Energy Company - Empty can in monster 4 pack pacific punch.

Morning,

I bought a 4 pack Pacific Punch from the BP/Pick'nPay on Swartkoppies road in Alberton.
as I wanted to open the packaging I noticed that in the SEALED packaging, one of the SEALED cans are Empty! so I left the packaging sealed as poof to submit this complaint. it is ridiculous that I pay so much for this product only to get less then I am initially paying for.

I buy Monster on the daily so I am very disappointed by this!

The details under the empty can are as follows
BB19JUL23 BW1 [protected]
22:57 MA PP21JUL21

My contact details are as follows
[protected]@freshstophq.co.za
[protected]

Desired outcome: To be Compensated.

C
12:21 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I recently brought a monster energy drink and the can was dented and the drink didn't taste properly

K
10:29 am EST

Monster Energy Company - Mango loco monster

I am a regular consumer of this product buying at least ten cans a week, recently I have got cans that taste like (excuse my French) [censored]ing [censored] I am not happy about this as I usually love this product but you ad a company have brought me to turn to different brands like redbull and Bpm. Hopefully this issue can be resolved.
Many thanks,
Katie [censored]ing shivers.

1 comment
Aug 02, 2021 6:03 pm EDT

Wow! Same! Not happy on how much money I have spent on Rehab Peach Teas in the last month that have a horrible sour nasty taste!

J
6:12 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Monster ultra paradise taste issue

I purchased two Monster Ultra Paradise cans today (November 1, 2019) that had the new green top to the can instead of the previous silver one. Upon opening these cans, they smelled differently (almost limey) and tasted like mildew. I have been drinking the Ultra Paradise drinks since they came out and now the cans with the new lids taste rancid and smell completely different. Unsure if this is a lot issue or if this they've changed their formula.

F
5:26 am EDT

Monster Energy Company - Normal monster energy drink taste like yogurt

The normal energy drink which I have purchasing for more than 3 years had a complete different taste, it tasted like rotten milk or rotten yogurt. I bought it at a local petrol station yesterday and the can was unopened and not expired. Furthermore I have experienced the same problem before but thought it was just one monster but since it happened again I would like to complain about it

V
6:38 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Bought a case of monster energy rehab. Mixed flavors. First 2 cans I poured had large amount of slime in the bottom of cans. I poured first can into my tumbler in my dark kitchen n slowly drank over about 2 hours. When I was taking the last fewsips, I got a mouthful of slime. I spit it out at once, grossed out that I had drank the whole can The next day I...

12:13 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Monster energy drink was bought at a cafe in mountin view pretoria..gauteng.can was sealed and expirydate was still due to come.while i was drinking i realise that theres a bad smell coming from the can and the energy drink tast badly .later on i realise i dont have any tast on my tongue and since then i dont have tast.i did contact one of your reps named...

L
10:23 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

2weeks ago my husband had a get together n decided to buy a case of monsters to offer to his friends well our surprise somehow the monsters were flat no t at all the usual taste.we are usual monster buyers but this incident really made us sad because a case of monsters with crv and all can really be a pain in the pocket if the product turns out to be bad...

M
11:30 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Too much caffeine/sugars

This energy drink has too much caffeine/sugars then posted on the energy drink can. I believe they shouldn't fool people into buying this piece of sh*t energy drink. A regular person can only consume 200-300mg of caffeine a day when the monster is 7200 mg. Even thou the monster says its only about 120-140mg its pure B.S. Therefore they need to get their facts straight and put the truth on the monster can saying that almost have of that is pure sugar. If monster does not change this it will definetly will be expecting a law suit from people that are complaining as about 558 people to be precise and this is just in nearby cities by Corona C.A. So either monster changes their product information to the correct info or they will expect a law suit coming soon!

J
1:10 pm EST

Monster Energy Company - Poor packaging

As a frequent customer I have never found to have had a problem with Monster Energy Drinks until last night. Both my sister and I had purchased a can of Monster Assault, and the Low carb Monster and found that while driving both of the cans had developed a crack in them. Luckily she had caught on to the fact that her can had cracked open and just started drinking it, leaving her posessions unharmed. I on the other hand, put my energy drink in my bag - which had my ipod, and expensive University textbooks in it - had not lucked out. What are the chance of two energy drinks simultaneously developing a crack in the side of the can? I don't know, you tell me. All I'm saying is that a $3.00 energy drink had the capability of ruining $300 worth of my posessions. So I have officially decided to boycott Monster Energy Drinks, as well as I would like to recommend that the company spend more money on ensuring that it's product stays in safely stored in the can, and less on sponsering their "oh so lavish" athletes.

P
12:25 pm EDT

Monster Energy Company - Deceptive

As race fans attend these events, they have the illusion that all the race teams are in Good Standing within the business community and/or general public, when they are not. Specifically, but not limited to Transamerican Auto Parts, d.b.a 4 Wheel Parts.

Monster Beverage Co. and CORR Racing have ignored complaints that the aforementioned company does retain a Good Standing within the business community and/or general public,

Specifically, but not limited to, violating several sections of the Business and Professions Code depicted below:

Section 9884.7 (a)(1) False and Misleading Statements
Section 9884.8 Invoice Requirements
Section 988.4.9 (a) Estimate Requirements
Section 3373 Inserting/Withholding info to cause document to be False/Misleading

In addition, Please review the Nationwide Unsatisfactory BBB Reports of which this company has FAILED TO RESPOND, giving very bad experiences to your overall customers below:

##################################