Michael Hillbad service

The "lady" who "greeted" me this afternoon was the rudest person I have ever come across in my shopping ventures to date! Honestly, I am a Retail Branch Manager of a major company and if I ever spoke to a customer in the manner that this woman did, I would be unemployed. I was buying a gift for my 9 year old daughter and after a hectic day at work I dropped into a reputable jewellery store, excited about purchasing the sentimental gift for my girl. She was rude, snobby, abrupt and couldn't have cared any less that I was wanting a little help with my choice. I felt embarrassed and very uncomfortable in that store. I could not even look at her. She even asked another staff member if she was busy, as she obviously was over dealing with such a small purchase. She did not smile once nor did she give any indication that I was a "customer". UNREAL! I am really mad that I handed over my card for payment. It even p issed her off that she had to check the price of a chain that I had selected. I felt like I was poor! Because of how she treated me. I am a single mother and my $54.00 purchase today was one I will hopefully not be reminded of by a rude woman. Unreal... I am so angry. I'm the first to give praise to my staff. I rarely give my opinion if its negative, but this has got me fired up. So much so, that I will be making a formal complaint to management.

an70ny Dec 23, 2012

MIchael Hill is staffed by rude ignorant idiots. I'm amazed considering how much retail has been suffering in Australia that this company manages to sustain itself - the only thing I can think of is that their margins are supported by overseas manufacturing. I am certain their repeat custom is extremely low. You get better service in McDonalds buying a soft cone.