Medihelprefund of credit balance to client

Greetings

After submitting a refund of a credit balance due to me from Medihelp, I was sent a form to complete as well as aknowleding the amount owed to me.
I sent all the required information including their acknowledgement of the amount owed to me. Unfortunately I have not had a medical since 2014 and had no new scheme for the funds to be transfeered to hence my request to Medihelp to pay into my bank account.

I recieved the following response :...
..."​Your request to refund your savings account credit cannot be approved, since the request was not received timely"

Medihelp still has a statement reflecting the balance owed to me.
Is it legal for Medical aid schemes to withhold credit amounts due to their clients?

Regards