Mavis Discount Tireunauthorized work performed / overcharging

B Jul 10, 2019

On Sunday July 7, 2019, I brought my car in to get brakes done. I was told to leave the car and I would be called. I was called shortly thereafter where I was told I needed brake pads, rotors, calipers, a wheel alignment, rear shocks, and 2 front tires for a total of $900. I said ABSOLUTELY NOT, I do not need all of that, all I want done are my brakes, rotors and calipers - how much is that? I was told that the mechanic needed to be consulted and I would be called back. The phone call I received hours later was that of saying that my car was ready for pickup. I was never informed of the new amount I was going to be charged, nor did I give authorization or permission for work to be done. When I picked up my car, I was told the total amount was $900 - the exact amount I said ABSOLUTELY NOT to earlier that day. The amount should have been substantially lower because I opted NOT to get the wheel alignment, 2 front tires or the rear shocks. I was informed that I spoke to two different people on the phone and there was a miscommunication and that the $900 was for the 3 things I wanted done - brakes, rotors and calipers. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FALSE!!! Apologies for miscommunications came once again came and I was given a $35 discount. I find it appalling that I was taken advantage of, no doubt because I am a woman and know very little about cars and prices of parts and labor. Shame on this Mavis location for overcharging me, not getting my authorization and for taking advantage of me. As I was speaking to Hector (who has a neck tattoo with the name Kimberly), he was semi-laughing with a smirk on his face. I was completely offended and beyond livid at this entire situation and lack of disrespect by him. I had no choice but to pay the amount to get my car, but have disputed the charge with my credit card company and am going to contact Help Me Howard to expose this situation and let the entire county of Orange know what they did to me. I have also posted this disgraceful act on FB to the Orange County NY Moms page, as well as a YELP review. They cannot continue to take advantage of women, overcharge women, and perform unauthorized work.

• Updated by Becky Hernandez · Jul 23, 2019

Yes, I went to them for help, not to be ripped off, taken advantage of, or forced to pay for work that I did not agree to, nor give consent for. Review/complain forums are here for people who want to tell their experience, and I did just that, your opinion on the matter is irrelevant if you have nothing to do with it. I do feel that I was taken advantage of in every way. Women and those unaware or inexperienced with cars, parts, prices, etc. should know what I went through. This is a forum where you can complain/review/explain and/or warn others. I went to them for help, and they took advantage and did work without my consent - - that is the real issue with my being a woman, because I bet they wouldn't have done that to a man. No one asked for your opinion anyway! Everyone is entitled to their opinions and can write their stories on these forums. If you don't like it, don't read it. If Help Me Howard went to them, I'm 100% sure they wouldn't pull any stunts on him - male and media! Everyone has a law team - I work for a large Manhattan law firm! Have a nice day!

No Affiliations/ Representative Jul 23, 2019

Guess what my complaint is? how YOU are generalizing. Women. Inexperienced ECT. Your are destroying these people that helped you fix your broken car. Do you realize what you are saying and ACCUSING? I hold a neutral position with your complaint and your accusations have no proof either way. Mavis doesn't have 800 stores because they do what your ACCUSING them of.
    And you work for a law firm. Yeah enough said.
    How do YOU know what a EXPERIENCED woman is. Who are you for defining women and inexperienced or whatever you said?
    Who are you god??? Take some steps back

• Be
    Becky Hernandez Jul 23, 2019

@No Affiliations/ Representative If you go online you will see there are many many many complaints against Mavis for similar situations, so go after those women too. I think you've given me enough of your time, thank you.

No Affiliations/ Representative Jul 23, 2019

And you work for a law firm. Yeah enough said.

No Affiliations/ Representative Jul 22, 2019

Stop with the woman comments seriously not fair. Just because you feel a certain way does not mean that's the way it is.
    Be real careful with this you went to them to help you remember that. Help me Howard might just have people from this company that help him with his car. And big Corp company's have law teams. Teams. Be careful