Mahsa University College / NursingPoor administration and lack professionalism such as planning for nurses practical courses

Prof.Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa bin Hj.Abdullah
Malaysia 50490

25th May 2009
Re: [Poor Administration and planning for nurses practical courses]

Dear Prof.Datuk Dr. Hj. Mohamed Haniffa bin Hj.Abdullah,

As of todate, I am happy and wishes you well done, that Mahsa had attained University status and sincerely hoped Mahsa will upkeep with more quality courses in time to come.

I am writing this letter as I am disappointed because as a parent to my child who is taking a nursing course in your college had not been provided the quality of the supports and guidance especially from Mahsa’s administrative dept as stated in the website.
My daughter was recently posted to Kota Cemerlang in Malacca for her Community Nursing program (11th May-22nd May 2009).
On the 18th May 2009, her hostel (so called) was burgled.
Her lost was a laptop, digital camera and other IT accessories amount to RM4000++.
From the information gathered, my daughter had to sleep in the dinner hall, why was she not provided with a proper room and storage locker? All her personal belongings had to be stored under her bed! From what I know, there were 17 persons sharing this hostel! Please bear in mind that we are paying for the accommodation. If graphic evidence is needed I would very much oblige you, sir.
Planning of Practical courses
The person in charge of the above, who I had talked to, does not seem to know what her job specs are. I had to call her to check on the status or arrangement for my daughter practical training to be posted to, transport and accommodation and the answer was “not confirm”, even so it was only a few days from the date of posting e.g. Bukit Mertajam Hospital. Actually this is not the first time I had called her.
There were no proper assimilations of instructions or information to students and all these had caused me as parent much concerns and disappointment towards Mahsa University College.
I am writing this letter not because I like to but I needed to for the sake of my daughter.
So Prof, I sincerely hope you as a CEO of Mahsa will looks into the matter the soonest.

I look forward to hearing from you and to a resolution of this problem. Please contact me at the above address or by phone [[protected]].

Yours sincerely

Chan Chee Kong

• Ra
    rajendran123 Sep 04, 2009

MAHSA needs a longer time to plan its academic activities before embarking to another level. Most people in Malaysia today are worried sick of being treated by MAHSA nurses who will be working in many hospitals in Malaysia. ARE THEY TRULY QUALIFIED OR THEY ARE JUST AN INSTRUMENT FOR PROFIT MAKING. This question has been lingering in our minds. Looking at the lacking of discipline, delivery of knowledge and grammactically correct English speaking TUTORS AND LECTURERS, the money hungry head of department of nursing who is not actually focussing in the quality of teaching and delivery of education BUT to pump money into own pocket is a sign of a sick management of the college.

• Ra
    rajendran123 Sep 04, 2009

I would like to repeat my former complaint. I meant grammatically incorrect English speaking TUTORS and LECTURERS.

• Su
    suezer Jul 23, 2010

due to lack of proper training in nursing toward patient care..our patient life will be in danger..i always pray non of my family will not treated by this people...amin...

• Je
    jeli Nov 04, 2010

Well i agree lack of training may cause harm to the patient. However, i do not look at which institution they come from but individually. Just think in government are handle by most of the KKM student that already graduate and be a staff nurse and and there still have a lot of complain because of their attitude problem. Are they lack of training? They are not private student and so what can you said about it. Anyway, not all of them are not good but most of them are not. Therefore, do not judge on which institution they are from but judge from the care they provided. Learning are through experience and training for sure is still provided and conclusion is just depend on how the individual learn from it.

• Nu
    Nurul Nadia Zainudin Dec 30, 2010

Saya nk apply masuk kolej nie...tp mcm mne??? kalau dia minta result SPM mcm mne??? Result keluar tahun depan...macam mane nak buat sekarang ini??

• Ah
    Ahmad Osman May 24, 2011

I would ask parent and students to seriously reconsider decision to enrolled in MAHSA. From what I have heard from MAHSA academic staff, they are definitely very profit focus with with poor attention given to student well being and proper teaching facilities.

MSU is a much better place for anybody with healthcare interest.