MagsForLessTry to Do this to get your money back!

M

I sent numerous emails to MagsForLess, but got no response UNTIL I SENT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL YESTERDAY. I think you guys should try to do the following to get your money back.

Sent:Mon 9/29/08 1:45 PM
To: [protected]@magsforless.com
Cc: [protected]@magsforless.com
RE: [#-[protected]] RE: [ #-[protected]]: Status on Order #

Joel Simkhai, Jamie Davis, or whoever it would be @ MagsForLess, 41 West 72nd Street, 10G, New York, NY 10023, [protected]:

I had read so many forums and websites, and now I know you are a scam. I already reported you to New York Attorney General, New York City Department of Consumer Affairs, Better Business Bureau, FBI - Internet Crime Complaint Center. I will contact the New York State Police Department today to report you and give them all your information. I will also contact all the victims who posted messages against you on different websites or forums. Once I have enough number of victims, I will have my lawyer to file a class action against you. So, have fun scamming people. I'm sure you will pay for what you've done.

SURPRISINGLY, THEY FINALLY REPLIED ME ON THE SAME DAY:

Subject: Re: RE: [ #-[protected]]: Status on Order #347480
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:00:43 -0400

Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting us. Your order has been canceled and your credit card refunded for the full amount of $15.83. The last four digits of the card refunded is ****. Please allow 7 business days for your refund to process back to your card. Thank you for your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Kim Scott

__________________________
I'll keep track on my credit card to see if they are really gonna refund my money. If not, I'll continue to contact law enforcement agencies to get my money back.

More MagsForLess Complaints & Reviews

Jill Jan 05, 2007

It's been about 1 year since I placed an order for 4 years of Interview Magazine and No magazines although the order is listed as completed. Interview says they have never received the order from MagsforLess to process. Nothing, but MagsforLess charged my credit card the day the order was placed. Fraud and illegal charge.

sam nott Jan 14, 2007

I placed and order for 13 mags in Sept 06 and have not received one. I have sent numerous emails to them and also filled out the forms on their site and not response.

Why doesn't somebody arrest these guys.

mark zanetti Jan 26, 2007

Only 1/2 of 10 orders placed, ever arrived in 7 months!

• Dc
    D clark Jan 28, 2007

I ordered a four year subscription to Rolling Stone - haven't seen one issue, and haven't had anyone answer my e-mails. Seems like a scam!

• Re
    Received No Magazines Feb 06, 2007

I would recommend you avoid paying any money to MagsForLess.com. The company does not honor orders and it will take your money. I placed an order more than five months ago and never received one of the three magazines I subscribed to. Unlike at least one of the other complaints, I did not receive any e-mail from an "employee" of the company. I paid for the subscriptions I ordered, I waited more than the 8 to 12 weeks the company's web site indicated it would take for the order to be processed and after five months, nothing. This company is a fraud and you would do yourself a service to avoid it.

• St
    Stan Feb 06, 2007

I ordered over $100 in subscriptions from Magsforless.com. I placed my order in August 06, they charged my card immediately. I have never received a single issue and they do not respond to any emails. It's Feb07 now.

By the time you realize they don't delivery you cannot fight the charges with your credit card company.

I reported them to NY State BBB. So far no word.

I cannot believe they are still in business, still advertising online on various websites, listed in Yahoo shopping, etc... I hope they are brought to justice!

PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THESE FRAUDS!

Anne-Ly Kahle Feb 22, 2007

I ordered a magazine pkg. for 54.95 on Sept. 06. I emailed and was told there had an unusual delay and to please wait another 5to 6 weeks. Now they won't even respond and it's too late to get my money back from my Visa card, you only have 60 days to complain. So I'm out 59.95, since I was stupid enough to order the pkg. and Seventeen for my daughter.

Jim Mar 02, 2007

Is there any attorneys? I am hoping for a class-action.

• He
    Herb Bradley Mar 15, 2007

Ordered magazines subscription at great price, they took my money, but no magazines have come. No response to emails. Just a big scam.

• Ka
    Kathy Hutto Mar 27, 2007

I ordered 4 separate orders for Christmas of 2006. One order with one magazine was delivered. This led me to believe he other magazines were on their way. The other 3 orders with 9 magazines and a total paid of $54.34 were never received. I have tried emailing and calling several times and have yet to get a return call or email or talk with a real person. These magazines were gifts for my daughters for Christmas, and I have not had the money to replace the orders with someone else.

• Me
    Me Apr 16, 2007

Its all true this company is a fraud

I am not going to repeat the story, it is the same as the previous ones.Placed my order 7 months ago as a gift to my husband. Never received anything. Emailed them and got the fake computer responses. No were to be found. This is a smart little project that some computer savvy [censored] has put together to look professional enough to get you to pay. What is scarier than that is that they have our credit card info. Let people know, this is a scam.

• Ki
    Kiran Reddy Apr 20, 2007

I ordered Magazines on 10th Nov 2006 from MagsForLess and so far i didn't get any magazines. I paid around 18$ for this website and no information is available from customer care service. MagsForLess are not replying for my emails and they dont have any customer care phone no... What to do?

Jenny L Apr 20, 2007

Hi Kiran,

It is unfortunate that you are the newest member of the "I've been ripped off by Joel Simkhai" Club. The list is growing daily. It is unlikely that you will see your money at this point, though you can attempt to dispute the fraudulent charge with your credit card company. You could also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau - www.bbb.org and participating in their mediation program.

You can help by warning others about this company and by filing complaints with the governmental agencies charged with consumer protection. Please consider telling your experience to the following:

Federal Trade Commission - www.ftc.org
    FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center - www.ic3.gov
    New York Attorney General - oag.state.ny.us

If these agencies realize just how many customers that Joel Simkhai has ripped off, they will hopefully file criminal fraud charges against Joel Simkhai and/or shut down his operations.

Joel Simkhai is also running this scam under a number of other domain names: HalfPricedMags; SnappyMags; and My1Mag.

• Ar
    Arthur Maier Apr 25, 2007

I placed an order with magsforless in September, 2006; and am still looking for the first issue.

• Av
    Avis Jean Colvin Apr 26, 2007

I ordered some magazines and MagsForLess/Magazines deducted the money from my account and promised me the gift subscription but it was never received and I have not gotten a refund of my money and the number provided on my bank statement is always busy and I cannot get through. This seems to be a rip off. The order number sent to my email in non verifiable. I want my money refunded or the subscriptions sent.

Jenny L Apr 28, 2007

Ed Magedson, Founder of Rip-Off.com has some great suggestions on how to get your money back from Simkhai and MagsForLess:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: �we could not do anything for you� or �you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days�.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember� Don't let them get you! Make sure they make the Rip-off .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck� Let us know how you do!

Cheyenne May 10, 2007

This company is absolutely horrible. I ordered a magazine subscription - they took my money - and I never heard from them again. The "complaint" form on their website does nothing. The phone number they provide will never get you to a live person. I filed a complaint with the BBB - but they wrote back after 5 months saying they could never get a hold of them.

Also known as: halfpricedmags.

• Kr
    Kristin Jun 11, 2007

I am another outraged customer! I placed an order (paid in full ) for a years subscription of Cooking Light on 8/24/06. It is now 6/11/07 and I have yet to receive my first issue. I was in contact with Meagen Richards, who gave me the run around for months. Eventually she simply stopped responding to my emails. Now when I try to look up my order, the website tells me there is no record of my order. MagsForLess needs to me taken down!!!

• Wi
    William Graham Jun 18, 2007

Oct. 30 2006 ordered mags and haven't received. Can not get response from company. Can not locate phone no. for company!

A little help would really be appreciated!

• Pa
    pat stewart Jun 25, 2007

I ordered Jet and Ebony Magazines. I did start receiving my jets, but have not received my Ebonys. I guess I did start receiving them in May 2007.

• De
    Dennis Pilkington Jun 25, 2007

Look at the previous complaints about this company and then add mine. Magsforless is a RIP-OFF company and you will lose money. DO NOT order from them. My order was 1 feb 2007 and on 4/26/2007 they wanted another chance and included another discount coupon of 25% off. Nothing ever arrived and now they seem to have lost my original order.

Give your hard earned money to a reputable charity instead of obvious shysters!

jimmy cop Jun 30, 2007

I ordered 3 mags in feb 07. Still no action after 13 emails. Lots of noise at website.

• We
    Wendy Page Jul 01, 2007

Just like everyone else, I ordered magazines for my sister's birthday more than a year ago and she never received them. I tried contacting the Better Business Bureau and my local television news station to help me pursue a complaint, but I was never able to get anywhere with it. Does anyone have any ideas???

• Br
    Bruce Russell Jul 03, 2007

I would like to add to the growing list of complaints regarding this fraudulent company. My experience is much the same as the rest. I placed my order in November and 8 months later have received no magazine and no refund as requested.

We need to do everything possible to put this company out of business and its owners in jail!

angie carroll Jul 09, 2007

I ordered the 3 magazine the last part of December (1 for a gift) by April the following year I didn't receive 1 magazine, so I contacted them they apologized and said they would resend them and I should have them in 6-4 weeks. Everyone makes mistakes so I said no problem. I WAS A FOOL!!! I Place a 2nd order of 3 more magazines for my Brother-in-law who was deployed to Afghanistan for a year as a gift and to give him a little something from home every month and by July, out of six different subscriptions not one single magazine was ever received.

I spent a lot of time and effort, just trying to contact them to get my mags or money back and wished I was warned before I ordered. (FYI I DON'T KNOW FOR SURE BUT WHEN SOMEONE FINALLY REPLIED TO ME AFTER SEVERAL ATTEMPTS THEY WERE FROM A DIFFERENT COMPANY "MAGS FOR LESS" I THINK THEY ARE PROBABLY THE SAME COMPANY RUNNING THEIR SCAM UNDER 2 NAMES).

• Ha
    Harv Wagner Oct 11, 2007

Finally after a year, I have received a refund from magsforless.com. Just like every other complaint here, I received e-mail after e-mail telling me the same thing. I found this site about a month ago, and after reading the complaints, I had finally had enough. I simply e-mailed them and gave them my order numbers and total of the refund I was due. I told them that after speaking to my attorney, I was about to take legal action against the company. I then received an e-mail unlike any other I had gotten before. It said that a check had been sent in the amount of my refund, and to wait 8-10 days for it to arrive. I was skeptical, but yesterday it came in the mail. I don't know if it will work for everyone, but try to send an e-mail talking about taking legal recourse and see what happens. If this works for you, please e-mail me and let me know.

Harv

• Gf
    G Farrand Nov 08, 2007

I subscribed to two magazines from these clowns and they have never sent them. They will keep leading people on that there was a problem but they never fix it and they never send the magazine or refund the money. DO NOT BE TEMPTED BY THEIR VERY LOW PRICES. THEY ARE SCAM ARTISTS. It's been nearly a year and nothing has transpired, despite many many e-mails going back and forth.

Jill Kulpa Dec 09, 2007

I ordered a magazine on 11-18-06 for my daughter for Christmas of 2006. I sent nearly a dozen e-mails and she still has not received the magazine. This company is a scam!

• Ed
    Edward R Keller Dec 13, 2007

Do not order from MAGS FOR LESS total and complete ripoff, ordered Consumer Reports Magazine in August 2007. No confirmation email No magazine it is already December. Contacted my C.C company they gave me the contact phone number for them, still no contact, will continue with C.C company support to get refund.

• Ki
    Kim Scott Dec 14, 2007

I am the Customer Service Manager for MagsForLess. If you are having any problems with your orders, please contact me. I will be more than happy to make sure you receive your order ASAP or a refund if that is what you are requesting. Please, let me prove that our customer service team will resolve your problems immediately. My email is [protected]@magsforless.com, I look forward to helping you resolve any and all issues.

Kim Scott.

Jenny L Dec 23, 2007

I too was ripped off by this website and its owner, Joel Simkhai. I ordered a magazine in July 2006 that was never delivered. The magazine publisher had never heard of this company and would not honor my order.

It only takes about 10 minutes. You will need the following information when making the complaint:

Joel Simkhai
    41 W 72nd Street, 10G
    New York, NY 10023
    [protected]

There is no guarantee that you will receive your money back by filing this complaint. Nevertheless, it is important that Mr. Cuomo know what type of businesses are operating within his jurisdiction.

Also consider filing a complaint with the FBI's Internet Fraud Division at: www.ic3.gov

DO NOT fall for their emails. I can forward you over a dozen similarly worded emails that never led anywhere.

• Do
    Dong Liu Jan 09, 2008

I ordered two magazines from www.MagsForLess.com (or www.magazineforless.com). I never received these magazines. E-mail complaints only received automatic response, without any progress. It is fortunate that I only spent less than $10. It seems important to order in small amount, and validate with the magazine publishers. If in any doubt, ask credit card company for money back as soon as possible.

Ann Beccia Jan 11, 2008

I too have not received my subscription. I search for their domain information and this is what I came up with: Hope this helps

Registrant:

New York, New York 10023

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: MAGSFORLESS.COM

Technical Contact:
    Simkhai, Joel [protected]@magsforless.com

• Lu
    lucky Jan 11, 2008

I placed two orders with magsforless. The first order was palced and received with no problems. I placed a second order with them feeling confident that I would receive the same service and had done no reseach before ordering. My card was charged immediately (approx $35) and the waiting game began. I never received my subs so I began complaining to the web site, the companies sister sites, calling the 800 numbers (which never worked), and finally took it higher. I filed a complaint with the BBB of New York and the Internet Crime Complaint Center. It took many months of waiting and email after email but thanks to the BBB and the ICCC I got my money back. What did I learn-research before I order anything online again.

• St
    Steven M. Grant Jan 19, 2008

On Aug.30, 2007 I placed an order for a magazine with MagsForLess. I emailed them Nov. 11.2007 to find my order had never been processes so I would have to wait another 10 weeks for delivery. Jan. 3, 2008 I emailed them with no response. Again Jan. 14, 2008 I emailed them again and no response. How to I get either my magazine or my money refunded!

Mags For Less IS SUCK Sep 30, 2008

Dear Customer,

Kim Scott

__________________________

JOHN AMBROSE Oct 05, 2008

MAGSFORLESS defrauded me too...I bought 3 years of a magazine..renewal...never got anything, this was a year ago. I am out of the cash. Most buy online magazine services are ok, but this mags for less is a ripoff fraud...they also operated under half price mags, my1mag, snappy mags. They were caught I read this a week ago. I wrote them, but will never get the cash back...they ought to be beheaded. They paid $457, 000 as a court judgement but I will get none of it, despite my email to them. A hideous fraud