Magazine CityTook money - no magazine!

G

Ordered a magazine subscription Dec. 2017, Magazine City debited my credit card for $41.84. I never heard from them until January 2017 when I got a very poor "gift card" in the mail for the subscription that was supposed to be a Christmas present to my wife. After days of trying and hours of waiting on the phone, I finally got through to a rude woman and she bluntly stated it would take 12 weeks to process, then basically hung up on me. I called the magazine's publisher and they state that it only takes 4-6 weeks to process a subscription.

Today, MAY 14th, over 5 months have passed and still no magazine. After trying for 7 days and hours more waiting I finally got through only to be told that I could not get a refund and there was nothing I could do... the woman was quite curt. I then was passed to April and rude supervisor that stated they would not refund my money and it wasn't their fault it's taken 5 months... so who's fault is it? This is an outright case of theft and fraud. Magazine City took my money and there is no indication they ever intended to have my magazine delivered.

I STRONGLY URGE ALL READERS NEVER TO DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE! IT'S A SCAM AND THE AMOUNTS STOLEN ARE TOO SMALL TO DO MUCH ABOUT LEGALLY, SO THEY CONTINUE TO MILK THE PUBLIC AND NEVER DELIVER.

• So
    SOHAIL AHMED Jun 19, 2012

Hi
    This is regarding driving license
    My Name is Sohail Ahmed ) [protected]
    I open file from Galadari Motor Driving center and my personnel experience is very bad you need minimum 3 Hrs -if you inter in institute for any purpose.
    i went for road test and two time fail and while i check comment given by RTA Examiner i cry comment was mentioned which i dont mistake i think this all is game of money nothing else - i cannot describe here what happen with me but i am sure RTA and galadari all is playing this game just for suck blood of people please dont inter the gate of Galadari .and dont think for driving license if it is not very necessary for you .if you need then please please and please dont chose Galadari-Rest is up to thank you

• Sh
    shibanell Jun 18, 2012

I ordered Car & Driver magazine 2-year International Subscription Nov.2017. They charged from my credit card but I haven't received even one issue. I mailed almost every three months and at last hey mailed me in March, 2017 saying that they either have the order resubmitted or have a refund issued. I chose refund and write them back but no reply or refund at all. I can't believe this kind fraud company exist in the United States and still doing business without having any punishment.

Comments

• Sh
    Sharon Baer Oct 11, 2010

I odrered a maginzine in 21st Nov 09 for my Stepmother. She never received. I sent email and and inquiry log in March 10. Then again in a further email in May 2017 directly to the chief executive. In early June 2017 Again a further email and inquiry log( via internet) and a phone call to the company. I finally received a reply in June that an error had been made and that the magazine would follow in 6 weeks. It is now 11 October 2017 and still no maginzine has been received by my Stepmother. I will continue to try to get my money back. Sharon Baer ( Europe, Luxembourg).

Joy-Ellen Oct 04, 2010

Ordered Parabola magazine on 3/1/2017. Not only did Magazine City charge my credit card, but there is no record of my subscription with the Parabola magazine customer service. Have not received any magazines.

This went through my VISA card:
    03/03/2017 Mc *MAGAZINECITY.Com 03/02 Card
    #3304 PURCHASE #24351780061830538614122 [protected], VA
    22.95

• Lo
    Looki Jul 01, 2010

I have ordered 3 magazines through this website. Two of which have had no problems the third which I gave someone as a gift has had numerous problems as still is yet to be received.

I ordered the magazine in January. Called about 5 times to inquire about its status and got the same message to just wait. It is now august and after my last call they finally actually checked with the publisher and found out the order was not placed. Now to get the order placed and delivered they said it will take another 16 weeks.

To top it all off no discount was offered and only a brief e-mailed apology.

The site does have good prices but I would avoid buying this for anyone as a gift (especially in the Christmas season when they said they had numerous errors).

• Vi
    Vindicated Jan 15, 2010

Way to go!
    Me, fortunately, my Credit Card company refunded my money. Hope these crooks are broght to justice soon. How can they get away with it for so long??????????????????

• Fg
    fgzavaleta Dec 14, 2009

Is a pitty I didnt read your complaints about magazine city before placing my order. I bought a Photography magazine to them, they charged my credit card inmediately during the 21st of April 2017 and its 10th of December and no news regarding them. I sent them lots of e-mails and enquiries but no news.
    Can you help me to place something in some place to demand them? Is incredible, thouth the USA was different but Its the same as it is in other parts, You never know whom is on the other side.
    Thanks in advance for your help,

Francisco

• Sp
    spoch Dec 02, 2009

On May 29, 2017, I ordered a 1 year subscription to Aquarium Fish: Canadian Subscription, as a birthday gift for my uncle. I received my confirmation email from magazinecity.com stating all their terms, how long it takes for the subscriptions to arrive, etc.

Weeks and months went by and I have still not received any magazine. I emailed the company multiple times and called the customer service number, which was an automated message saying to leave my contact info and that my call would be returned. I have yet to receive a phone call, or a reply to my emails. My creditcard was charged by magazine city as soon as I placed my order, and I have not to this date, recieved anything from them. I have, basically, been ripped off, scammed by this company. DO NOT order anything from them.

• Fr
    Frank31 Oct 26, 2009

I reported them to the better business bureau. It took some back and forth but they eventually gave me a refund.

• Mc
    Mcook Sep 24, 2009

I ordered a magazine on April/09 I have never received delivery. I phoned early September/09 & was told I would get at response via e-mail. It is now the send of September & I have received to response. They now have $137.95 of mine & I have no magazine. It was womens world for my mother who cannot get out on her own & trys to have someone buy it for her weekly as this is the only magazine she enjoys. If you phone & sit on hold eventually they cut you off from sitting on hold. How convient for them. I will continue to get my monies back even if I have to notify everyone in North America. Michele Cook

• Ka
    kastompa01 Sep 15, 2009

Follow up: i have contacted the better business bureau about these ###s. I have ALSO contacted THE IRS about them possibly committing tax fraud by not PAYING TAXES ON THE MONEY THEY ARE COLLECTING! :)

• Ka
    Karim Apr 06, 2009

If you have been ripped off by these thieves, please submit a complaint to the postal service. They are commiting mail fraud, but the postal service will only investigate if they get multiple complaints.

• Li
    Lisa Mar 04, 2009

I ordered Consumer Reports from Magazine City online as a Christmas gift for Christmas 2017 (yes two Christmas' ago!) and I have called and emailed them repeatedly and get the same mundane messages that some manager or HR will get back to me and no one ever has. I finally requested a refund over 6 months ago and never received that either. I am very frustrated. Also I have left voice messages for the "supervisor" and no return call (or email) from them either. Obviously I would never do business with this company again--totally a rip off!

Jane Oct 30, 2008

I am in the same situation, 8 months on hundreds of emails, not a word from them. I have decided to take this up with my credit card company to try and get my money back. The card company is hopeful as even though it's been 8 months, it was a 12 month subscription so they are still in 'contract' so to speak!?

Here's hoping!

• Bo
    Bob the Builder Oct 17, 2008

Contact the BBB. I got a refund in 8 days.

• Valerie Oct 17, 2008

Do Not order anything from Magazine City. They are a total scam!!! All they do is take your money, and ignore you. I ordered a magazine in May and still did not get one issue, when you call them they totally ignore you. I am sick of calling. I am going to the Better Business Bureau... Hopefully they can help me, at this point it's not the money, its the point of the whole thing. In this day and age I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this whole thing. I guess they are laughing all the way to the bank.

bajaskier Oct 09, 2008

File a complaint with the BBB. I got a refund in 8 days.

Barbara Johnson Oct 09, 2008

I ordered a magazine back in January and it still hasn't been delivered. I've called twice, before and they said it would be coming soon. I just called again today and they gave me a October 30th arrival date. Now I think 9 months to get a magazine is a little much. And I have a feeling I'm just being put off again. Lesson learned don't order over the internet. This was a Christmas present for my grandaughter and she's been waiting all year. It's really bad as when you order by mail they're showing up within the month.

• De
    dee Oct 01, 2008

Magazinecity.com, that is obviously scamming and cheating their customers. I put an order for a gift subscription for a magazine for Christmas in to them on December 6, 2017. We have never received the magazine, and everytime you call customer service you have to wait on hold 40-45 minutes, and they when you speak to them they lie to you and do not take care of the problem. Unfortunately after the fact I noted on the internet numerous complaints and poor reviews of this company taking money from people placing orders and no product received. Granted one order is not a lot of money, however if they do to this to a million people it does add up, doesnt it?

• Jt
    J Thornton Aug 27, 2008

I can completely confirm your issue. I subscribed to a magazine with Magazine City on March 1 of 2017. It is now Aug 27, 2017. Still no magazine. I called the actual magazine that I had subscribed and they have no information regarding me in their subscription databank.

It's not like I didn't make a TON of attempts to get this rectified. I called them...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT! Expect to be on hold for 40 min at a time; only to eventually be disconnected. This happened to me at least 9 times on 5 separate occassions.

In addition I sent emails of inquiry; to which they continued to assure me that it took at least 8 weeks to see the magazine in the mail. I was told that if I "didn't hear anything by the end of June 2017, to give them a call". Well, see above as to how well the "giving them a call" goes.

Finally today, August 27, 2017 after calling 4 times and sitting on HOLD for a grand total of 1 hr and 40 minutes, I spoke with a Customer Service Rep. She advised that she would be contacting the magazine and that I could expect to have a reply by the day's end. She actually kept her word and I did get an email from their company by the day's end.

This is the result----get this...They can't explain why the magazine never got processed, but they offered to do 1 of 2 things: 1) Return my money 2) Re-submit my subscription---in which case they advised that I would wait an additional 8 to 10 weeks! After waiting for 6 months, can anyone actually say that they would allow this inept company to re-submit the subscription when they couldn't get it right the first time. It wasn't as though I hadn't been sending them emails and called them throughout the process. Why now did they finally figure out that ...ooops, it didn't get processed. They had no problem taking my $30 immediately on March 1, but they never fulfilled their part of the bargain.

What amazes me is that after they put me through all of this, they should do BOTH of their options: They should have refunded my money, AND submitted the subscription payable by THEM for all of this!

I would NEVER, EVER use their service again...well obviously. I think MagazineCity is a SCAM and I would seriously caution anyone considering using their services. I will be their lifelong detractor. They honestly don't care about their customers whatsoever! Spread the word...They are a horrible company. They provide no product, they have practically NO customer service to assist you and don't even have the business accumen to do the right thing when they screw up. SPREAD THE WORD!!! MAGAZINE CITY IS A SCAM! DON'T USE THEM FOR ANYTHING! GO DIRECTLY TO THE MAGAZINE'S WEBSITE TO SUBSCRIBE!

• Ca
    Cathi Aug 17, 2008

I placed an online order for a years subscription with this fraud of a company in January of 2017. Within 1 minute I received an order confirmation e-mail and the amount of funds taken from my credit card. I have contacted magazine city and have been given several different stories to date by the extremely rude customer service people. As of this date I still have not received a single issue of the subscription that was prepaid. In July of 2017 I finally got thought to their customer service people again and was told that they no longer carry the magazine that I had paid for and that If I was stupid enough to order a subscription from this company I deserved to be taken in by them! When I demanded a refund from Heather the customer service person, she just laughed and asked "What are you going to do to get the money back?" and hung up on me.

What upsets me the most is that this company is continuing to do business and taking money from innocent people. What type of people work for this company? They obviously enjoy stealing from others. I wonder how they would feel if this was happening to them.

• Ta
    tara Jul 28, 2008

its weird because i ordered a magazine through them last year and it was delivered just fine. then when i renewed the supscription in february, it was never delivered. i have also tried every way to contact them and nothing. if you find a way to get your money back please post!!

• Valerie Jul 28, 2008

I seem to have made a mistake in ordering 5 magazines from Magazine City in January/early February 2017. Six months later I have only received a few issues of one magazine - the other four magazines still missing. Customer service (after several unsuccessful calls) told me to wait until august to see if delivery commenced then - I find this strange given that my credit card was charged immediately upon ordering. I enjoy magazines and have ordered several others directly from the publishers. No delivery problems in those cases. Magazine City disappoints me. Do they consider more than 6 months delivery time normal?

• Ki
    Kimberly Jul 22, 2008

...cosmo gave me a yr sub at their loss

• Ki
    Kimberly Jul 22, 2008

I ordred cosmo in april..still had nt rcvd in june clld comp sd my tke 12 wks clld in mid jly sd my nme ws on the label for aug... I filed a bbb cmplnt stll wtng frm that...clld cosmo themselves they sd that this company is on their list of scammers

• Valerie Jul 02, 2008

I ordered a package of 3 magazines in the beginning of February. It is now July 2 and I have received ONE copy of one of the magazines. It was the June issue and I received it 1 day before July began.

I noticed the address on the magazine was incorrect, but when I checked my receipt with magazine city, I supplied them with the correct address. I called to check on the no-show magazines and to also fix the incorrect address. After sitting on hold for TEN minutes, I was told that this would be fixed and all of my subscriptions, including the late one I had received, would restart, therefore receiving 12 ON TIME issues. My confirmation was to arrive via email no later than the end of that business day.

No email arrived.

I called back two days later, only to sit on hold again for 5 minutes. I was then told that the magazine companies had been notified of the address error, but that I was not going to be compensated for the late issues, even though I had already gone out and purchased the issue when it didn't arrive. They said my July issue would also be late, but after that they would PROBABLY be on time.

I asked them to cancel my subscription and refund my money. They wouldn't. I then asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor was out of town for the entire week. (So I'm supposed to believe that there is NO supervisor at all??? Yes, I'm told.)

Horrible experience. Waste of my time and money.

We'll see if my magazines EVER show up.

bajaskier May 14, 2008

Same situation. Filed complaint with BBB and got my money back in 10 days.