Maaconightmare paint job

i finally gave up after maaco kept my 1994 Z28 for 4 weeks...paid $1640 for the worst paint job you can imagine. i am the original owner of the vehicle and have had the car painted one time before and let them know what i was expecting in a paint job...everytime i went to pick up the car there was a list of things wrong...very sloppy taping, lots of over spray, missed paint, lots of bugs and dirt in the paint, drips, crackle on the entire hoodbubbles, etc. they also managed to spray my engine and car interior...took me half a day to clean out the inside of my car...nothing was done right...everyone who has seen the car could not believe how bad things were...local chevy dealer, 3 body shops and multiple detailers...was going to take them to small claims but just had surgery and can't handle the stress...i contacted maaco consumer relations and suggested they needed to have this shop drug tested

• Hd
    hdlp4604 Dec 29, 2011

My mother just had the same experience at the Maaco located on 9093 Mathis Avenue in Manassas, VA. We took her car there to get some damaged repaired on the hood, the front right had damage from side swiping the brick of the garage, and the rear bumper had been swiped by someone pulling out of a parking space. We picked up the car adn found the original damage on the front bumper was still visible, paint bubbles all over the hood and bumpers, they painted the black grill under the license plate gold, and managed to paint over a leaf they left there. The paint looked like they had applied it from a can of spray paint. The manager/owner told us to bring it back in three weeks and they would repair the front bumper again, and buff out all of the other blemishes. Upon picking it up today, there was over spray in the front fender wells, over spray on the drivers side door, they damaged the seal in between the hood and the bumper removing over spray, and there were still paint bubbles everywhere. The owner once again wanted us to bring the car back in three weeks and he will buff out the imperfections, I told him I wanted compensation for the inconvenience, or my full refund for the amatuer work. We engaged in a shouting match in front of his shop at that point. I have never seen such ### work in my life and recommend everyone avoid Maaco.

• Bl
    blackphantom Dec 30, 2010

I had 5 cars painted by Macco of Cocoa on various levels. The first time it didnt turn out well but i dont blame them as I didnt do my reasearch and got the cheap 300 spray.

Since then they have cleaned house and hired some new people my 85 Z went sunset orange and still 2 years later looks great.

Present day as to the day this post is being wrote. I took my 1969 camaro SS in to them. Its been 2 weeks but im patient because the longer they keep it the better job they do. They have called me and updated me every step of the way. I also met up with Wally and he took me in the back showed me my car and all they did to it. They aligned my doors fixed huge rust holes, welded in new metal. took the back glass out reinstalled it. The car even setting in prime looks very straight and the body work is solid. He asked me if there was anything else needed to be done to it or if I was happy with the way things were going.

The car get painted soon after 2 wks but you get what you paid for. Very professional and first time a shop has taken me showed me step by step even told me he call me when it was in the paint booth so i could watch it.