• Ta
    tammy smith Dec 11, 2008

need tocancel subscription i never asked for but was charged for

• Ri
    Richard Dec 11, 2008

The only thing I agreed to was the 4.99 kit.You con artist people don't know how to honestly present your product up front with consumers.Instead, you put it in the fine print.This is your way of screwing over the public.I have not even received anything for my 88.97, nor do I want anything else. The only thing I expected was the trial package.Therefore I would like my money back.Also I would like a cancellation confirmation number.

• Xr
    xrcher Dec 11, 2008

i received a trial offer and was under the impression i would be charged only $4.99 and now the company is debiting my account for $88.97. i have emailed the company and called customer service. i am not receiving any feedback from the company and they are continuing to debit my account for this amount. this is a fraud site and don't accept any trial offers from them..

i am requesting an awaiting an authorization number to return the merchandise i received, but no response.!!! if anyone has any information on how to handle this, please contact me @ [email protected]

• Pa
    Pat Robinson Dec 11, 2008

I only agreed to pay for shipping fees on a free sample of tooth whitener. I NEVER GAVE PERMISSION for ANYBODY to access my credit card for anything other than THAT.

• Jm
    Jmamelia Dec 11, 2008

I received my first $88.97 shipment and immediately emailed for a refund. That was Saturday. I emailed Monday and Tuesday as well and have not had a response. I called yesterday and talked to a rude young man who said there are no supervisors there (when I asked) and that the only way to get a refund was to email. You're supposed to return the product within 15 days for a full refund but only with an RMA. If they never give you one, you can't return the product. I may just send it registered mail. Also, the kit I got for $4.99 wasn't like the one on the web page and I didn't get toothpaste, brush and floss as promised. I paid by credit card so I will dispute the charge and call everyday on my cellphone to show I tried contacting the company. Will also continue to send emails daily requesting RMA per their directions to show I tried to contact the company.

WHAT A GIANT RIP OFF!

My next step is to file a complaint with the Attorney General in California as everyone on this board should. The more people that file a complaint, the better our case. The URL is http://ag.ca.gov/consumers/general.php

chomer Dec 10, 2008

This business is a joke. They claim to of sent you a product and bill you for merchandise that you have not ordered or wanted. Why they are still in business is beyond me. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and put in a complaint with BBB of California. I did.

Jeremy Taylor Dec 09, 2008

I bout a free sample of Luminous Brites and I only needed to pay for shipping. Next thing you know they had taken $88.97 dollars out of my account.

mabel_doll Dec 08, 2008

I agree with all of the above so I won't repeat all of the similar experiences. I have gotten through to someone two times, but got no where with them. He tells me the only way to get anywhere is to email your concerns to [email protected] I did that and got no response for about 7 days. Called him again, and he said they did respond but he could not see what the response was. The same or next day I had a response form them and it was as follows:

The terms and conditions, which you were required to read and accept upon ordering clearly explained how the program works. If the terms and conditions were not agreed to, the website WOULD NOT process your order. We have thousands of customers who actually read these terms and conditions and either cancel their membership within the allowed time period, or choose to keep the product for many months.

They did not address any of my concerns about a refund (with my offer of any shipping of return product at my expense) and confirmation that my subscription was indeed cancelled. All I recieved was their sarcastic remark above. I emailed them again and am waiting to hear more. Will keep everyone posted if I get anywhere, which I doubt...

• Sh
    Shannon Dill Dec 07, 2008

wondering if this ever got resolved for you or if I'm going to have to cancel my card?

• Sh
    Shannon Dill Dec 07, 2008

I ordered a "free" trial and paid S&H $4.99. I had no idea they would be charging me $88.75 after that. The hold is on my bank account right now and I have not received further product after the trial nor a bill, yet this money is going to be debited from my account. I do not want this product and I want the money back in my account. After reading complaints of others they are saying this company automatically enrolls you in a monthly program which they do not tell you when ordering the trial. I want this cancelled and the money back in my account.

• Ke
    Kelly Wines Dec 06, 2008

I called and cancelled the auto order within the 20 day time line and was told it would be taken care of. It was not done because I received another months supply. I cannot use this product at all, my teeth are to sentive. I would like to return the order I just received and have my credit card credited. thank you KellyWines

• Ke
    kelly obrien Dec 06, 2008

Misrepresented product using Crest Brand. Misrepresented product showing picture of complete kit. Received cheap tooth trays and 3ml syringe of ??. No ingredients on label. Possible health risk to some. Claimed to be sending a FREE trial $4.99 SH costs only. Tried to cancel within 20 day trial. No response to emails or phone calls. Billed $88.97 on my credit card. I want to cancel any membership I may have been tricked into. This is the site the company gives for membership cancellation? [email protected]

Jazmine Dec 06, 2008

When ordering the free sample (pay shipping only), I did not see anything about authorizing automatic monthly shipping for $88.97.
    Why doesn't this company ask for the automatic shipping/billing authorization separately? I never received my $88.97 shipment.
    Therefore, this company stole my money.

Bait and switch tactics. Plus no product delivery!

Christine Schuler Dec 05, 2008

I want them to take the charges off my credit card that they charged on November 17/2008 per phone conversation with Mr. David Jenkins. I did not authorize them to charge this. I had already cancelled with them and they sent me another sample. They are really hard to get ahold of on the phone. You have to wait for at least 20 minutes before anyone answers. I do not want to have to go through this again... Please remove all charges that you have put on my credit card or else I will speak to my attorny.

Christine Schuler

• Do
    doris lachappelle Dec 05, 2008

thought I was just ordering a free sample and then found out that they took $88.00 dollars out of my account for another shipment that I didnt want. called to cancel and was told that it had been canceled but I had to wait to get the shipment first because it had already been sent out and then go to luminousbrites.comcustomer service and email them for an authorization code to return the product. I recieved the shipment and emailed them on december 1, 2008 and did get a response the next day but it had nothing to do with giving me a return authorization code so I emailed them again on december 3, 2008 asking for the return authorization code and got no response from them what so ever. I looked at their return policy and it says that you may return the product for a full refund within 15 days of THE DATE THAT THEY SHIPPED IT TO YOU, problem is that they shipped it to me on November 19th and I didnt even recieve it until Dec 1st which left me a whole 3 or 4 days to return it to them and then could not even get them to respond to my email with a return authorization code . this company is a bunch of rip offs. There has to be some way to take care of this. They should be shut down and the people that have been ripped off by them should all be reinbursed!!!

Doris LaChappelle

• Na
    Nancy Algazi Dec 05, 2008

I order a free sample of a whitening product from luminous brites and paid with my credit card the shipping charges. I never agreed to anything else, in the information they incled with the sample they wrote: we hope you enjoy the product and continue to purchase from us in the future. The sample was send on; 10 - 29 - 08 and then again on: 11 - 18 - 08 they send a new shipment and charge my credit card in the amount of $ 88. 97. I try by phoneand by emails to obtain the address to return the shipment and to receive the credit, but was impossible. Finaly yesterday 12 - 4 - 08 i return the on solicited shipment by mail to the address shown in the envelope. I do have the certificate from the post office. And i do hope all complaint letters will alert poor individuals such as myself.

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Dec 04, 2008

Buying samples/free trials off the internet or television is the worst thing you could ever do. Companies like Wu-Yi Tea, Fit Factory, Acai Berry, Natural Cures, Online Health, etc, etc will all give you the same story "free-trial with a 14-day cancellation period" Problem is, most of the time you won't receive your "free" trial until AFTER the 14-day period has expired, which means you're automatically renewed for their monthly fee. Also these companies will sign you up for 1, 2 sometimes 3 more sites/products without telling you. Unfortunately, this information IS available on the merchant's website, usually buried in the fine print somewhere. Because of this, it is 100% legal for them to charge your account every single month under a variety of different merchant names. Charges that come associated with free trials are pricelimbo.com, web access, membership fees (usually with Wu-Yi Tea) and a variety of others. If you've paid for this with your credit card, you can dispute the transactions with your bank. The only thing is, you HAVE TO CANCEL with ALL the companies in order to be successful with your dispute. If you don't have phone numbers for the companies, your bank should be able to provide you with some. Otherwise, send emails, find a mailing address and send a registered letter, anything and everything you can think of. And keep copies of everything you do/send. Also, if these companies are still sending you any merchandise (the original company you ordered the sample from), you HAVE to send it back through registered mail so you can have a tracking number and postal receipt - otherwise, the company will simply claim they never received it, and you won't have any proof that it was sent. The worst part of these scams is what they're doing is completely legal (charging without your knowledge, charging under different company names, adding on additional services, etc, etc) so protect yourself. Bottom line: don't EVER order a "free" sample unless you're willing to put a lot of effort into canceling it. If something actually works, it'll be available in stores soon enough.

• Ad
    AdvocateForSmarterConsumers Dec 04, 2008

Talk to you credit card company. But be careful about calling it fraud - it's not. For a credit card company/bank to consider a charge as fraud, you have to have NEVER given them your card number/bank information (meaning they stole it without your knowledge). In situations like these, when a company charges after you've canceled (or if they charge you multiple times, etc) it isn't considered fraud. But you can dispute it. You'll probably have to call the company again to obtain confirmation numbers (& the name of the employee you speak with) so that you can provide your bank with that information in your dispute letter. The bottom line: never give your credit card number over the phone (unless it's an airline, restaurant, etc) and be very, very careful when ordering things online. If they don't have a store location you can visit, think twice about whether you really want to order from this company before you go through with it. Good luck.

jane Dec 04, 2008

They offer you a free sample just for paying the shipping, then charge you $88.97 for one months supply if you don't cancel in 20 days. The number they give you to cancel tells you "all lines are busy, try back later". They are still busy at 2am. The web site they give does not even exist.Very blatten rip off

• Ni
    Nina Dec 04, 2008

I didn't care for the initial trial and wanted to return the next 2 shipments that they rushed out to me. I called their support & after waiting on the hold line for a very long time they said i needed to email support at Luminous to get a RO # for a credit. I emailed twice with no response. Called support line again and waited 14 minutes for someone. They would only tell me that I had to email for RO & wouldn't do anything to help me. I asked for a supervisor & he said he was & kept repeating that my only option is to continue to email for an RO#. Oh, & I was hung up on 3 different times with support too. Still no resolve on my credit for the $88. This is definitely a rip off company.

• Ju
    JUDY SANSON Dec 04, 2008

Re: Luminous Brites
    They fraudulently billed my Visa account. I did not complete the order form and did not agree to anything. I entered my name and address at their site and decided it did not look safe and exited. How did they get my credit card info?? I never filled in the invoice. I am going to the Sheriff's Dept to report the fraud today. SCAM.

• Jt
    JT Dec 04, 2008

This company is the lowest of the low. They send the free trial and give 20 days to cancel or you get automtatically charged for your first month's product. Then the sample product doesn't come for almost 20 days, but they pop a charge on your CC and don't even bother to actually send the product. A class action law suit should be leveled at the perpetrators of this consumer fraud.

Jeffrey Dec 04, 2008

I did order from luminous brights and if you go to the page luminousbrites.com you will see that the terms of this offer are displayed on the page. Not on on the right but you also have to agree to the full terms to proceed with purchasing. You people are posting please cancel me on this forum and expecting them to read this? I really think that you should email or call the company for this. The contact info again is on the website luminousbrites.com. Dont just complain and not take any responsibility and do idiotic things like try to communicate with a company through a third party website that they might not be looking at. Just trying to help because it amazes me that customers actually believe they will get service this way and complain when the message is not sent across.

• Kr
    Kristna Dec 03, 2008

As every one else, I too was charges for a trial offer and thought that I had canceled the order but they stated that I did not cancel so they send me another one and charged my charge card for $88.98

This product ended up burning my gum's.

Not a nice way to run a company. But I guess they do make a good living.

Disappointed in Miami

• Am
    amy Dec 03, 2008

i cant believe this is happening!somebody help us!

Jeanette Hagan Dec 03, 2008

I too have been charged $88.97. I asked for the $4.99 trial packet on Nov 1 and on Nov 2 I requested that no more charges were to be made from my account. I talked to their rep who told me to contact the billing dept. Do they have a phone #. NO...you have to e-mail them. I called the number on the packet and all it said was GOODBYE. What a ripoff...

Jessica Dec 03, 2008

I ORDERED A FREE TRIAL ONLINE AND WAS CHARGED RIGHT AWAY FOR THE SHIPPING WHICH WAS $5.99. I DID ACTUALLY READ WHERE IT STATED THAT A CHARGE WOULD BE PLACED IF IT WAS NOT CANCELLED IN 20 DAYS. I CURRENTLY WORK @ A BANK AND SEE THESE SCAMS ALL THE TIME...SO I WAS PROACTIVE WITH CALLING AND CANCELLING. I ATTEMPTED SOOO MANY TIMES AND DID NOT GET AN ANSWER FROM THIS COMPANY. I THEN CLOSED THAT DEBIT CARD AND ORDERED A NEW ONE. THIS IS ONE WAY TO STOP THEM FROM TAKING YOUR MONEY...IF THEY ALREADY HAVE TAKEN THE FUNDS YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISPUTE IT DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU DID NOT AUTHORIZE THE TRANSACTION

• Ci
    Cindy Lindsey Dec 03, 2008

I sent in a complaint on 11/14/08 and I've gotten NO response. I would like to be reimbursed my full amount of $88.97. I did not order your product and I have not received your product and I DO NOT WANT IT. Please send my $ to me ASAP. I will continue to send these complaints to your complaint Department until I've received my Full Refund of $88.97 that was charged to me without my consent or approval. Cindy Lindsey-

• Al
    Alla keselman Dec 03, 2008

I was also charged $88.97 which I did not authorize.
    Their return policy is stating that you can return unused portion at any time not later that 20 days from shipping date.
    I even did not open a package and I've tried all means to get RMA number by email and sure enough they never sent RMA# to me . Customer service represantative hangs on on everyone as soon as he hears word "return". I have to go to the bank a file a unauthorized charge.

I can't believe that after all complains and leters to Police, Attorney Genaral BBB they are still operating and ripping off people.
    I can't belive neither that nothing can be done.

• Ir
    Irene Stuart Dec 03, 2008

I responded to an add on the computer to a "free trail" to whiten teeth, just had to pay shipping. I did receive it, didn't like it and thought that was that. Well, another delivery came and a note saying $88.97 was being charged to my account every 30 days. I tried calling this "micky mouse" company and got rude workers (Larry Fisher and Ranald, if even their real names) who were down right rude. I DON'T want this product, I don't want these charges and all I got was attitude of tough luck.

• De
    Deborah A. Whitman Dec 03, 2008

I was charged for teeth whitening product that I never ordered and never received. I do not want it and I want the charge taken off my bank statement

• Lb
    L. Boltz Dec 03, 2008

I have called my credit card company to tell them about this. To dispute the charges I have to send a letter telling my cc company I did NOT authorize the charge(s), that I didn't sign a conttract with them, that I can't return the items as there is no return address, and that they don't answer their phone calls. I have emailed Luminous Brites telling them to credit my account. Another phone # for Luminous Brites is: [protected] CA
    You will be put on hold forever.

• Pa
    Pam Dec 03, 2008

I also was charged $88.97 on my credit card for a product that I did not want. I only wanted the free sample for the price of the shipping for $4.99. If I would have known they would do this I would not of ordered from them. They are misleading on there ad .

• Da
    david maytnier Dec 03, 2008

This is a scam. Run these thieves out of town!!

anthony manfredi Dec 03, 2008

please cancel this product and do not further bill my credit card . the product did not work for me .

• Co
    Connie Brown Dec 02, 2008

I was offered a free sample if only I pay shipping for this teeth whitener. I didn't know that they were going to use my card to charge me after 30 days until after I received the package today. I want to send the product back to them and get my money back!!

Mary Carol Mormann Dec 02, 2008

Please cancel my account for Luminous Brites . Thank you Mary Carol

• Su
    susan stuart Dec 02, 2008

I had no idea that I would be getting charged for this item every month or so. I do not even like the product. I would like to return what I have.

I want to stop any future shipments.

cancel any further shipments of this over priced stupid product.

• Ga
    Gary Roberts Dec 02, 2008

Please cancel my account . Thank you Gary

jean mayo Dec 02, 2008

I ordered a trial offer @ $4.99. The package arrived. Weeks later i was automatically billed from my account $88.97. I did not agree to such a transaction and would like my account accredited immediately!!!..The only satisfaction that i received from calling the toll free phone number was to say my account would be cancelled...I pray at least this is accurate...I will not pay, nor will ever be knowingly involved with such a scam of a business!
    Please confirm this email with a response!
    Jean Mayo