Resolved Luminess Airthey are fraud and scam artist

C

This company charged me 4 times in one month after i had returned the product back to them, they said they would refund the money back to my card back in april which infact they did not then just the other day sept. 5th or around that date a collection agent contacts me by phone saying that the product was not returned infact it was back on feb. 6th they did not contact me to inform me of this now they are tring to tell me if i have the tracking number they would give me a full refund, i no longer have the tracking number for it was so long ago. This company is ruid they fraudly took off my credit card an now are tring to after all this time try to say they do not have my product inwhich they do have, they are hard to understand they are from another country i asked to speak to the head manage / owner an they kept on passing the phone around to someone else in there office i had to tell my story to them 4 differnt times to 4 different people today. Do not buy from this company. . . If anyone has any idea of what else i can do i have already wrote to the bbb but am really not getting anywhere please someone help me.

RESOLVED

• Luminess Air's response · May 24, 2012

We are sorry to hear this. Please know that our amazing customer service department can be reached at 1-888-793-7474 M-F 8:30-5:30 CST or via email at [email protected] as we are always here to help.
    Sincerely,

• Luminess Air's response · Nov 19, 2012

Thank you for your interest in Luminess Air! Please know that we are here to help and can be reached at 1-888-793-7474 M-F 8:30-5:30 CST at by email at [email protected]

Sincerely,

• Luminess Air's response · Nov 17, 2014

Le quisiera pedir disculpas si hubo alguna confusión durante el proceso de pedido . Por favor, no dude en comunicarse con nosotros, me gustaria hablar con usted y poder explicar todos los aspectos de los cargos. Estamos disponibles de Lunes a Viernes de 8:30am a 5:30pm CST. Nuestro numero es 888-793-7474 . Nos esforzamos por ofrecer el mejor servicio a todos nuestros clientes así que por favor no dude en marcarnos. Muchisimas gracias por su tiempo. Que tenga un buen dia!

• Luminess Air's response · Apr 20, 2015

Hi There,
    I do apologize for any misunderstanding there may be with Luminess Air. Unfortunately, we do advertise a 30 day in home trial to our customers and fully disclose all Terms and Conditions at the time of ordering. We also disclose our makeup club, which has no obligation and may be cancelled at anytime by contacting us at 1-888-793-7474 Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:30pm CST. This makeup club does have free gifts, with the foundation every time a shipment is received. I can assure you that Luminess Air is in no way a scam and are always here to help our customers in any way possible. Again, we apologize for the terrible misunderstanding and will be happy to resolve this for you.

• La
    Laura Oct 13, 2008

You may also want to contact the federal trade commision regarding this company. The way the BBB handles things is they contact the company for response and resolution. The company is not required to respond. The BBB will then show on their database that a complaint has been lodged and there was no response from the company. It warns others, but is not help to you.

• Je
    Jennifer Moppin Nov 26, 2008

After 8 months, my debit card is now pending 4 transactions from Luminess Air for 67.47 each. I called the number, and discovered that it was disconnected. About a half hour later, I called again and someone finally picked up. I ordered a basic kit back in March 17, 2008, but once the credit card transaction was completed, the call was dropped before I was provided a confirmation number. Due to the dropped call, I then proceeded call back to cancel the order as I suspected FRAUD. The person I spoke to said that it would not be a problem. It is now 8 months after the first transaction. The person I spoke to today, 11/26/08, had the nerve to say that every call received is recorded. Then why don't they have a record of my call back in March 17? Luminess Air is NOT to be TRUSTED.

Back when I saw the infomercial, it gave me the impression that the amount being charged is for the basic kit for $62.94; if not satisfied can be returned within 30 days. There was no information about 4 additional charge of $67.47 to made. The kit was advertised only at a cost of $62.94 and NOT $299.95 excluding shipping/handling/processing cost of $32.99.

• Ml
    m lancaster Dec 01, 2008

this is how almost every company that sells things on tv and the internet do business now days. i ordered a face cream called hydroderm which came to me as a tiny little bottle, then i found out that you had to send it back within a certain amount of time or my credit card would be charged monthly for a refill of the stuff. i sent it directly back to the company, took my info out of the profile on their website - i don't know if this really helped or not, then i wrote them a letter telling them how dishonest i felt that they were. they replied, well it was a trial. trial/sample? what's the difference?? the difference is that a trial will get you revolving charges from the company...so, watch what you order. mlancaster

• He
    HeatherLUMair Jun 12, 2009

Luminess Air Cares About its Customers.

At Luminess Air we strive to take care of each and every customer, and give every customer an equal opportunity to return or cancel their order. The Luminess Air Pro system is 299.85, please view our website at www.luminessair.com. When an order is placed a customer is told numerous times the trial price and the purchase price, as we do not want their to be any confusion, and if you feel that there was some confusion we have a dedicated customer care team that I would love for you to contact at 877-749-5777. Please call us so that we may take care of you, and ensure that your needs are met.

Heather K

• Pb
    Pbbbb Jan 08, 2018

@HeatherLUMair Well, the jury is out still on this Company for me but I'm leaning toward advising one to AVOID LUMINESS AIR. Situation/Background: I received my Luminess Air products but within 2 uses the unit stopped working. I was able to figure out it was a power cord issue and called several customer service numbers on the Luminess Air website and live Chat to discuss this problem(the run around took at least 1 hour of my time). Their best solution they could offer me was that they would send a replacement power cord standard shipping(2 weeks to receive). Remember, this is a 30 day trial offer for this expensive makeup system. I found the Customer service was poor in my opinion and they were unpologetically rude. Advise spend your hard earned money on another airbrush makeup system.

1838496 May 19, 2018

@HeatherLUMair Heather, you're a lying [censored].

• Li
    Lisica Jun 23, 2009

By far the worst company to deal with. Be prepared to wait at least 20 minutes after talking to a useless representative. I was charged for 2 eyeshawdow $72.00 which is a rip off to start, then of course they were out of stock, therfore they never shipped it out but still charged the card. I called and after a 30 minute ordeal they told me they could not even send me other colors to replace the ones I wanted. I have delat with this co. 4 different times and all 4 have been ridiculous. The customer service is horrible, they rob your money and if you dont stay on top of them, you would not even get your merchndise. They are even too stupid to fill PAID IN FULL back orders. Look on line for hundreds of other airbrush company's but NEVER ORDER FROM LUMINESS AIR >They are scam artist like all these other people say!!! Since have been ordering elsewhere, cheaper and great service. LUMINESS AIR HAS TO BR THE WORST!!!

• He
    HeatherLuminessAir Jun 24, 2009

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience, as we pride ourself if provided excellent customer serivce and products. We are not trying scam you, we are not trying to take from you, and once the items you ordered are in stock we would ship it for you. Since they are backordered, we will be happy to refund the money. Please call me at 877-749-5777 ext. 215. My name is Heather K.

@HeatherLuminessAir Heather K, YOU are a LYING, fat-faced, [censored]

RippedOff! Jun 26, 2009

This company ripped me off too. I never ordered their product or had ever heard of them before I had an over $300 charge from them on my debit card. Obviously someone else ordered it using my stolen debit card number. That part isn't their fault. The problem I have is that their customer service is terrible. I had to tell my story to three people at a call center in India before being transferred to a manager in Texas who actually tried to threaten me with, "I'm glad we're recording this call because this doesn't sound like fraud at all, " simply because I don't think I should have to pay to ship their product back to them. I'm a straight man. I have no use for a box full of makeup! As far as I'm concerned if they want it back it's their responsibility to pay for the shipping. After all, I've already wasted hours of my valuable time dealing with the police, the bank, and their worthless customer "service" department. The bottom line is this company has no ethics in selling their product.

• Su
    Susan @ Luminessair Jun 26, 2009

I am the manager he spoke with. I told him if he filed a police report I would give him a complete refund. This complaint is because we could not issue a call tag. We take fraud very seriously. We cooperate police so that people who commit fraud are prosecuted to the full extent of the law. He said he would slam our company on every website he could find if I didn't issue the call tag. By the way, the name, address, phone number and credit card information was a perfect match. He has the product. All we are waiting for is the police report and after verifying with the police that this is a legitimate case we will refund this customer in full. We do however, have to get the product back to issue the refund. It will cost between $5.00 and $10.00 depending on the carrier for him to send this back.

• Ly
    LYNETTE123 Jan 20, 2019

@Susan @ Luminessair I paid in full for my system and you charged me this last month and this month...Please explain

RippedOff! Jun 26, 2009

I never said I would slam your company on any website. You claim to have recorded the call. Go back and listen to it. I simply asked you if it was worth $10 not to have an unhappy person out there. Apparently it isn't. I have filed the police report and you will have a copy faxed to you as soon as a copy is available to me next week.
    My name and credit card number matched. The address was neither my current physical address nor current billing address. For a company that takes fraud so seriously, do you think it might be important to check to see that the billing address is correct? I only have the product because a former neighbor signed for it.
    Your company knows absolutely nothing about service. I DIDN'T ORDER YOUR PRODUCT!!! Yet, every person I spoke to at your company assumed that I did and that I must be lying about having not ordered it. Susan, I think if you were in my situation you would find that if someone had stolen from you and then had the audacity to pretend to dictate terms to you of how they would give you your money back, you might be a little agitated too.
    If you had responded to my phone call to your company anywhere nearly as fast as you responded to my complaint on this website, I might not be as angry.
    I'll talk to you next week.

• Ha
    HannahEaton Jul 01, 2009

3 weeks ago I would have to agree with you, but that was before I heard the recording of the sales call. 3 months ago I began the prescription ambienCR for my insomnia. I really thought that it was working, and thought that I had been sleeping all through the night. And then packages began to arrive from HSN, QVC, LuminessAir, the JemNetwork etc. I thought that someone was trying to play a mean trick on me.

Luminess Air was the first box I opened to find out what it was, I called their customer service and told them there was no way in Hell that I ordered this and was VERY annoyed when they said that everything matched. I was transferred around many times, and then I got to Susan who stated that she was the director of customer relations. She told me she would order the call and we would go from there. I just listened to the sales call 2 days ago, and it was a groggy me on the other end of the phone ordering everything that I could. I was dumbfounded, and felt like an idiot.

I did some research and I found out that a lot of people that take these sleep aids had similar experience, I even read that one lady ordered over $1, 000 worth of stuff from HSN and had no idea she ordered it until 12 boxes appreared on her doorstep.

I am no longer taking this medication and am trying to sort all of this out.

• Pr
    productjunkie Jul 17, 2009

Wow, after reading all these complaint about Luminess Air, I'm having a second thought about ordering it. I don't blame those unsatisfied customers... I would too be very upset if my credit card has been charge unfairly or unable to get fair and honest solution.
    Perhaps, they need to hire and train professional staffs and also check if they have problem with their website/software that caused the charges of credit card. I ordered my Luminess system through Ebay, I will be needing the makeup soon, too bad the Ebay do not have the color shade and the primer that I was looking for. I will do more research...

Kaye66Morris Jul 31, 2009

I haven't had any problems ordering my makeup from their website www.lumcos.com. Sounds like to me people just don't want to pay for what they ordered.

Kaye M

Katyo65 Aug 15, 2009

I disagree with complaints. Some people are just not satisfied with anything. You shouldn't order anything unless you are sure you can do some reserch on it and are satisfied with the results.
    I can't say I have had any bad experience with this company. They have been very nice to me. They have answered my emails and calls. Are very courteous, and are refunding my money due to dermatology problems. My Dr. suggested that I do not use this untill all my problems are resolved.
    Good luck to all of you,

Kay

1838496 May 19, 2018

@Katyo65 Kay is probably connected to the company.

• Gr
    greatskin Aug 17, 2009

I cant wait to try this product. Only thing is I ordered last week and received my confirmation number, the trial is 29.99 for 30 days and they charge u like 32.99 for s&h, they try to sell you a bunch of other product along the way but u continue to say "no thanks." then they give you the option of express shipping for only 12.95 or something rather.. Ofcourse i cant wait to try this for myself! So that was last week and my account has yet to be charged, you only have 30 days to return this product.. 30 days from the day you ordered. Im assuming if you choose to return the product and they receive it after the 30 day trial: they charge your account again.. If i dont get mine this week, this is reason enough to cancel membership right way. I hope this product is as good as they claim.

• Ni
    niya Aug 31, 2009

anyone whites of there eyes turned brown after using this product

Kaye_Morris Aug 31, 2009

How can an all Natural Water based product do this????? Luminess Air does not cause this! The whites in my eyes have not changed at all and I have been using this product for over a year! What a ridiculous thing to say.

• Ca
    Carrie3440 Sep 08, 2009

Im just saw a preview on tv for this product. Im just looking around to see how other people like this product. I hope its better than what people are saying. I couldent wait to try it, but now Im not so sure. Goood customer service is just as important as the product working well.

RippedOffToo Sep 12, 2009

RippedOff,
    I had a very similar situation as you did with Luminess and 7 other companies. My debit card number was stolen from an online site and several charges were made to my account for Luminess and colon cleansing products. In my case, I believe my Myspace account was phished and I had entered my debit card into that account to enter a karaoke contest (I needed a premeir karaoke membership because I had used up my "plays" for the month). My address matched, but the phone number they had on file did not, nor did the email address they were provided. Now that I have heard your story, I am not sure that Luminess is not a party to some fraudulent activity. They also fell just short of calling me a liar, but once they were asked to play the recordings to match the voices, they backed off. I too received the product, along with several other products I did not order. The interesting thing is, the other companies have refunded my money and one had already issued the refund before I even called and recognized it myself because THEY identified it as fraudulent!! My problem has not been escalated to the "helpdesk" as of yet, but I am sure it will be soon. What they don't seem to understand is that I DO NOT want to pay even $10 to send back a product that I did not order. The other places have not asked me to send their products back or do anything with it. Some of my items that were ordered were sent to my address and others were sent to places in Georgia. Luminess is not a helpful company. They would rather call you liars than to cooperate. It's no longer my problem as justice will be served when they are contacted by the authorities, up to and including the FTC.

And by the way, I checked my call log to make sure I wasn't "sleep ordering" (as I do not have a landline, only a cell phone...even though I don't take sleep aids and I thought I'd check) and I did not place any orders or call any unknown numbers in that time frame.

• Ki
    Kimmie0566 Sep 14, 2009

I can understand why a company would think that you ordered this if your address and name matched and the product shipped to you. I know that I have "sleep ordered" items before Luminess being one of them. I think that I yelled at a few of their customer service representative because I honestly believed that I did not place this order. Once I heard my recording last Wednesday, and it was a groggy Me ordering everything Luminess that I could, I was soooooo embarrassed. It does look kinda cool though, maybe I will try it before deciding to keep it or not. I have already paid for it anyways.

Hope this helps.

Kim

RippedOffToo Sep 14, 2009

With all the online fraud that occurs nowadays, it is very easy for someone to get your billing address and have items shipped to you. When orders are placed online, that chance for fraud increases. After seeing complaints from other websites on Luminess Air, it seems that I am not the only one who has never ordered from Luminess but have obtained unauthorized charges and have received the product. My billing address matches, but my phone number and email do not. If it's "only $10" to send a shipping label, I do not understand why they cannot send it, rather than me purchasing one AFTER my bank account has been drained by them and 6 other companies. I believe they will refund my money as much as they believe I did not order their product. When they compare my phone calls, they will find that it was not me. Like I said, other companies have systems in place to prevent fraud and of the 7 total companies, the only one I have had any trouble with is Luminess. The rest have refunded my money after I called them to explain the situation, or in the case of one company, had already refunded my money and identified it as fraud before I did. Online fraud is no joke. These people know what they are doing. They may not be looking to directly benefit by ordering the product for themselves, but are targeting people to wreak havoc in their lives. Some companies have better safeguards than others and will catch orders that are trying to be shipped to somewhere other than the billing address. My guess is the person that obtained my information got "hung up" when asked why the shipping differed from the billing and decided to keep it the same as the billing address. If you have not experienced something like that, consider yourself lucky. It is a nightmare to clean up a mess that someone else made with little to no understanding from those who received your hard-earned money illegally.

Not Too Naive Oct 02, 2009

I was ready to order this today. I as SOOOOO glad i found this site! From what I've read here, it seems like they try to pull one over on you from the very start. The way they advertise is very misleading. If the total price is $299.85, why don't they have it anywhere in the tv ad? They take their time shipping, so your 30 day trial time is dwindling away. Their customer service people do exactly as they have been trained, to wear people down, tranferring your call around the office, making you hysterical, then accusing you of being hysterical! THEN they come on this site pretending to be just regular Janes, saying that maybe your problem is that you were "sleep ordering", or how their experience with LA was almost like being carried through a field on butterfly's wings, and some people are never satisfied or want something for free. By the way those of you with great experiences, why are you even on a complaint site????? Gonna shop around for other companies!

• Ca
    cancel credit card Oct 10, 2009

I just saw the tv show about the Luminess air makeup and thought it was a good product but after viewing all the complaints posted on this website, I don't think I want to go through all this. I think the best thing to do if you want to buy anything on tv or internet, it's better to research about the pros and cons beforing ordering it. Also, I think the best thing to do when you want to make an order for a trial; is get a credit card just for that one product. After the trial is over cancel the credit card so they wont be able to make any future charge to your card.

• Hk
    HKDT Nov 06, 2009

I have never have to complaint about anything that I order over the infomercial or the Internet. But this company Luminess Air is by far the worst company that I have to interact with. I try the 30 Days trial product for a week and did not like it. So I end up returning the product and expecting to get my refund for the 30 Days trial. I gave them a call to make sure that they have received and closed my account; and I also wanted to know when they are going to refund my money for the 30 days trial. The lady that I spoke to said that money is not refundable. You pretty much have to pay for the 30 days trial if you want to try out the product. The thing is they never told me that when I order it. If they had told me about this, I would never have order the product in the first place.

I am so frustrated and very upset on how this company works and runs. First they rip you off for the 30 Days Trial, then they rid you off for their foundation products, and they don’t mention the fact that you have to pay for the 30 Days trial. In their commercial, they said it is free for 30 days. The sad thing is I didn’t even use the product for 30 Days, I end up using it for a week; because the foundation that they send to me was not enough for 30 days. Now I believe all the other people who wrote a complaint reviews for this Luminess Air Company; those people are so right. I should have listen to them in the first place and I should have never order the product. Now I regretted it so bad. I have learned my lesion. Never order anything on the infomercial or the Internet unless you have done your own research and read other people reviews about that product.

Kaye_Morris_66 Nov 09, 2009

I have to disagree. The commerial and their website say 30 MBG on purchase price only *trial and s/h non refunable. You are being shipped over $300.00 worth or merchandise, and if you p[ay anything towards the purchase price it is refundable.

One of the .25 oz bottles last me about a month and a half. The trick is go light and easy like they say, I use two layers of their matte foundation and I only use 4 drops each time. if you blast the makeup on your face, and run through half a bottle in one application instead of layering the makeup well what do you think it will look like.

• Rh
    Rhonda N. Dec 17, 2009

Yikes...I was going to give this a try after watching the infomercial but I think I am going to hold off. I hate this kind of service and as a business owner I would never treat my customers this way.

• Li
    likujyh Jan 09, 2010

Oh my Gosh, what a nightmare this company is. I got confused in the ordering process and before I knew it, I had ordered the deluxe model. When I called customer service he refused to help me. They are still pulling money out of my bank account. First thing on Monday I will need to call my bank and stop the crooks.

Absolutely do not BUY LUMINESS AIR. They claim the product is toxic free, but every time I use I feel absolutely poisoned.

Hope this helps you make your mind up!

Sara

• Ba
    Balsonchin Punchindic Jan 09, 2010

Hi, I am Balsonchin Punchindic. I too order from this company, but product smells just like the bad wind from my grandmother's behind. Do not buy from this company!

• Je
    jennyfromcanada Jan 09, 2010

Wow, to think I was even considering this. I think companies should take complaints very seriously. Regardless of how trivial they might be. PR is important. Word of mouth gets around fast. I think even the positive comments, are Luminess staff trying to expunge their poor reputation. POSITIVE COMMENTS HERE come off as fake and is transparent. Any idiot could see through it. It wont be long before this company runs out of sneaky childish tactics to save their rep and inevitably goes under. There are many options out their now, Dinair, MAC, Temptu. All one has to do is call customer service once irately and you will see who is worth their salt. Customers are always right (even when they are wrong) and a business that knows that will prosper. Be sure to find some childish attack or carefully written positive review to follow this lol.

Jenny

mamaonamissions Jan 19, 2010

I bought Lumines a long time ago and my experience was quite different from most of these. I absollutely LOVE the product and fortunately I have had good customer service. I feel terrible that some people have had bad experiences but keep in mind, think of how many people have ordered this product, it is inevitable that you are going to have some good and some bad. It seems to me that all order by phone items ramble on with trying to get you to purchase other items. I agree this is annoying and very time consuming. I have to believe that it is part of their company policy that the agents have to offer these as part of their jobs. I bet they even work on commission and being that the calls are recorded they would probably lose their jobs if caught NOT offering addition things. I wish the companies would wake up and listen to their customers and realize no one likes this. And to all those who have who have been treated like they are scammers, I'm sure this would make any one feel really mad but again, unfortunately there are ALOT of scammers out there and they ruin it for those of us who are honest. I have worked in customer service for over 20 years and some times I think there are more people trying to take advantage of situations rather than the other way around. The hard part is trying to figure out who is who. I hope you all get your situations rectified and I have always found you get alot further trying to hold your temper and being extrememly nice than getting pissed off and yelling. If being nice doesn't work and you don't get the result you want, I too would exactually what you have done and post it and let every one know. One last thing for all the companies out there, there truly is alot of BAD customer service and eventually it will catch up with you so wake up and take customers opinions and comments seriousily. They do have a way of trickling down and biting you in the butt.

• Na
    nana of 2 Jan 24, 2010

Well i have read many of the post about the cost. I would likt to know about the product it self... how does that work?

• Ya
    YaDyRRa Jan 26, 2010

I am really glad I read this as well before ordering anything. I hardly ever wear makeup so I want something really light and thought this was a good idea, but if I have to to through hell for that then it is not worth it.

Thank you all for posting this information.

• Tr
    try ulta cosmetics Feb 07, 2010

boy, im glad I researched pros and cons on this product. My wife wanted the kit and we knew it was a total of close to 300 dollars to get it, that is not the problem. My problem now after reading all these complaints is giving out a credit card number to pay for it. I dont need all the crap that some of these folks had to go thru. If I was close enough to a place that sells it outright I would probly still buy but I would have to pay cash and receive all the product right then and there. So now I am looking at major makeup shops locally so I can do just that. Thanks for this site.

• Ba
    BabyGi1862 Mar 01, 2010

I just finished watching the infomercial on Luminess Air and decided to research it. Luckily I found this site! The product seemed very interesting on TV but, now however, I have most definetly changed my mind for sure!! I sure as hell know I would be the same way all these other pissed of customers were! A good company would work with you to get a solution for your problem. I will never attempt to try and order from these people. Plus, I have been wearing Bare Minerals for the past 5 years and I LOVE IT! It works absolutely great and the plus side of it is, you don't have to order it off TV or internet. I purchase mine right at Sephora! If you haven't tried Bare Minerals it is definetly worth it. You can purchase starter kits at Sephora for around $60 which includes 3 brushes, 4 different loose powders and most come with a free sample of one of there facial products. Now, I hope Luminess Air employees come on here and read this comment and see that I am sending all there potential buyers else where. I guess thats what they call payback ###! Lol. :) hehehehe...

• Pr
    probnot Mar 09, 2010

i'm definitely not going to be ordering from this company it seems to be that since they were very quick into answering and defending their company ... i will assume that the little sleep stories were from the company as well and any good comments were from the company themselves lol that is weak no thanks for me

• Ho
    HollyBear29 Mar 24, 2010

I am SOOOOOO happy I found this site before I ordered this product. I think it's really funny that their is 2 people opposing the complaints (your not fooling anyone by changing your name from K. to Kay to Kaye) are employees of this company...The other being Susan. I will would never want anyone to go thru this so I WILL NOT BE ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY and neither will ANYONE I know...Thank you to everyone who posted on this site for warning us all about Luminess Air!!

• Tr
    traucondzuidze May 14, 2010

OMG, like other people, I'm planning to order luminess Air too. Luckily I found this website. Thank you so much for the "warning"... I don't like BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE. I'm using "SHEER COVER" & I love the customer service. They're really professional. I ordered it online too, but they did what they claimed which you have 30 trial & your money back. You even can keep the gift that they gift you. No hassle at all. After the first time returned their product, few months later they send me the catalog & want me back. I decided to use Sheer Cover again. So far so good. It just that you have to spend time figure out which foundation is match with you by playing "mixing" game. But overall, the service itself is great. I might try Bare Minerals. Thanks for recommending.

Jenny

• Ap
    Aprilmaine May 31, 2010

Yup, i too am glad i saw this site. It looks good on tv but sounds awful on here. I just dont understand why the service is so bad...do they want to sell it or go broke. Word of mouth is a great way to sell a product and if they keep going the way they are they will go under. Cant keep a company going that way. Sorry to all that had bad service and lost your money. I guess it really does pay to do a review because i just saved myself $300!

April in Maine

• Mu
    MU Artist Jun 10, 2010

I never get how some individuals doubt another's complaint. If you have had a great experience, goody goody gum drops & rainbows for you! It doesn't mean individuals haven't received poor customer service, wrong products, don't want to pay for order or are victims of credit card fraud.

I love, love the product. I wish the machine didn't have a shut off timer. I am a make up artist. The timer really messes me up at times. Especially when I am doing large weddings.

I've received great customer service & poor customer service from the Luminess representatives. It is irritating when you receive the wrong product. However, sh!t happens. I'll cope. However, to call & report the mishap is infuriating. I was told that what I received is what I ordered. I disagreed. I know what I ordered vividly. I was told once again I ordered the product I received. I disagreed again. I was desperate for my product. I asked if they could just ship the correct product. And if I was mistakened I would pay the additional costs. I was told no. I wasn't satifisfied. I asked to speak with a manager. I offered at my cost to ship them back the wrong product to show I am just not trying to get free product. However I needed my product to be shipped out within the next couple of days. My offer was refused. I really needed the product for a job. However, I was told that they would listen to my recorded call and get back to me. I asked for names & a date to expect a call. One week later, two weeks later, three weeks later... not one message. No Luminess on my caller ID. By the way I had to end up using Bobbi Brown foundation for the job. It worked. My client was completely satisfied. However, I would've loved to have used my airbrush foundation instead. I eventually called Luminess who told me once again they'd get back to me. One day, two day and omg God on the third day I received a message, "Ma'am we listened to your call. We are shipping you the correct order today."

*sighs*

I would've appreciated the product a month ago. I also would've appreciated an apology for THEIR MISTAKE, THEIR DROPPING THE BALL & MY INCONVENIENCE. I guess I should just be grateful I eventually received the correct product I paid for.

*laughs*

I use to tell everyone who complimented my make up about Luminess. How is really is a great product and easy to master! Now I take the compliments, say a quick thank you and keep on moving. I am no longer a walking free advertisement for Luminess. Some of you may be wondering why not focus on the times I received great service. We as consumers should always receive great customer service. I accept nothing less for my money. When my last drops of foundation are gone, I'll be back to the Bobbi Brown counter; purchasing my foundation.

I could share a couple of more negative experiences but I am sure you have things to do besides reading my comment.

So I'll end with great product, inconsistent customer service which ends up being below standard. End of story.

JORGI Jun 21, 2010

Well I guess I get to jump in line with people who have been con-ed by Luminess Air.
    Back in 2008 I purchased my first airbrush . It arrived and was broken. Then I bought the premier model. I set my make-up delivery for ever six months . I'm 62, retired and don't need to makeup on a dayly basis, but love the flawless look of airbrushing .
    This airbrush works fine, but my biggest problems is I noticed back in the beginning of 2010, my bank account was coming up short and with the my statements in hand could not understand why .Obviously I missed it on my statement . Now 6 months later the Luminess Air company has charged my account every month and many times twice for make-up I didn't receive nor did I order.
    Of course, here we go girls, THEY ARE NEVER WRONG ! I've been on the phone now for a long period of time with my bank now in dispute with these charges and some guy from Luminess Air company telling me they charged back to my account . Which is a BIG LIE .
    So the low down is this, Luminess Air has SCAMMED ME for $239.20, which I will NEVER see again .
    BEWARE if you wont the airbrushed look buy one at a beauty supply in person . DO NOT trust these people with your band account . You will be like the rest of us here on this site .
    SORRY !
    Thanks for listening ! Jo

• Am
    amandaraeramos4191 Oct 02, 2010

I have left this comment on the Luminess Air facebook page and numerous websites and have sent it to the company email.

I had read many negative reviews but had decided to give your company the benefit of the doubt and form my own opinion. I am extremely disappointed in the customer service that your company provides. I had ordered the pro system and paid extra money for rush shipping and insurance just so I could insure I would get my package in time for my event and I haven't received any tracking or even any updated information. Your company wasted no time deducting the money from my account but you sure are dragging your feet with a response to my emails inquiring about this issue. I am so disappointed and I highly doubt I would recommend this to anyone simply because of the lack of customer service.

I will continue to post this comment anywhere and everywhere that mentions Luminess Air until my problem is solved.