Luminess Airmothers day ultimate gift - medium

M

Received the Mothers Day Ultimate Gift on Saturday 5/20 which was ordered on 5/11. So excited to try it; plugged it in and nothing happened. Had to wait until Monday 5/21 to call and tell them. I asked for 2 day air shipping, but oh no they can't do that; I have to wait for 5-10 days, then I need to ship the defective one back with my own money. They said they would reimburse me. Not sure about that.

Also, the price was $149 as advertised on the website, but when I see my credit card charge, they charged me $149.00, another charge for $8.94, then another charge for $1.00. I agreed to the $149.00 only with free shipping. Guess I paid for shipping a well. Seems like if they really want satisfied customers they would send a unit that actually works and if it didn't it should be their responsibility to express you out a new one and pay for the defective one to be returned.

My 30 day trial is just ticking away since it starts from the date your order.

My order #[protected]

They should at least send a call tag for the defective one, reset my 30-day trial start date to when I receive a working replacement and reimburse me for the 9.94 extra they charged me for which I did not agree to. The total amount showing on the email confirmation right after I made the purchase says $149.00 and no other charges (copy attached).

• Ga
    garlamba Jun 16, 2017

I totally agree. I just saw the infomercial this evening for the first time and was really impressed and interested in the product until researching the customer reviews. As most of these infomercials go, they are deceitful in their advertising; either the products do not meet the consumer's expectations, or the price is misrepresented with the "trial period" of a low dollar figure with no mention of the total cost of the product. Then upon reading the complaints online, which are numerous, you see how many people are overcharged, never reimbursed for returned products, etc. Most quality companies want your business and are more than happy to replace a broken product at the company's expense, not the customer and many will expedite the second shipment in an effort to make up for the bad product.
    Last summer, I actually had an outdoor furniture company send me an entire new dining table due to minor damage to the edge of the table that could have been filed smooth and .touched up with paint with perhaps the offer of a discount for the defect in the table. The table was $1000.00 and the company simply replaced it with a new one, and they did not want the damaged table returned. There in lies the difference in companies making a quality product and wanting to satisfy their customers. Might I add, the table was manufactured here in the USA.