Longs DrugsPharmacy store # 9317

W Sep 08, 2020

On Tuesday, 08 Sep 2020 at 8:30 am, I walked into the Longs drugs Store # 9317 with the purpose of receiving my seasonal flu shot. As I walked in I overheard an announcement over the PA system that flu shots were available. I proceeded to the check-in counter and gave the technician my ID and FEP medical insurance card which I already knew they have on file from previous services they have provided me. Upon completing check-in, the technician asked me to wait in the hallway. I was reluctant to wait in the hallway because for the past two flu seasons, I have waited in the same hallway and they seem to forget that I am waiting since no one can see me. I have waited between 40-60 minutes in the past with no explanation or reason as to why, other than they forgot and didn't see me in the hallway waiting. It has never been because they had a influx of customers. Today, I was the first one to check in and waited 35 mins before a nurse/technician serviced 6 other people ahead of me. I asked her if she had an order for "Wheeler", she stated no. I went back to the check-in counter and was redirected back to the hallway. I waited another 10 mins while other people got their flu shots. Then I left because I needed to use the restroom and could no longer hold it. I have rationalized their lack of attention to detail in the past, but now I believe this is a trend. This store displays lack of efficient protocols for the pharmacy as well as clear and concise communication between the technicians as well as to the customers.