Liquor Control Board of Ontario [LCBO]Wrongful accusation of stealing

S Sep 07, 2020

On August 29th, 2020 the LCBO at Fischerhallman and Columbia in Waterloo, ON wrongfully accused me of stealing. The security guard on duty at around 5:20 pm followed me through the store shortly after I entered and when I went to make my purchase told me that he saw me stealing and to take out the beer in my pockets. I went on to empty my pockets and show him the contents of my small bag at which point he realized I didn't steal anything. He said "Your not being searched" continually during this time. He then accused me of stealing and then putting the items back on my way to the counter (even though he was watching me during this time)... He even said he saw me do it on the cameras while I entered the store - at which point I asked him to review it again.. He did not do so saying he double checked and I did do it. Not only did I not attempt stealing anything, he accused me in front of the public and continually denied the request to check the cameras again. I was under the impression he KNEW he was wrong and willfully accusing me intentionally. He accused me wrongfully and banned me from the premises wrongfully. He refused to give me his name or employee number. I will contact the security company and LCBO corporate office about this as well.

• Cp
    cplcbo Nov 02, 2020

As we are in uncertain times, and we usually wish that shoppers use our carts or baskets, it seems the guard on duty at this time is following old store rules, and does not understand that customers my prefer to not touch carts or baskets. A guard does not have the right to ban any valued customer unless they actually do something wrong, and even then only at the direction of the manager of the store.
    IN this situation, I suggest calling the store manager directly, or if you prefer the team at [email protected] is always available to help with any questions or information.