Lingo, Inc. — Fraud and scam
I switched my VOIP service from Lingo to Comcast in May. I attempted to make several phone calls to Lingo to cancel my account, but was never able to speak to a customer service rep. Instead I heard a voice message telling me that Lingo's voicemail box was full before my call was dropped.
At the end of May, I sent an e-mail to Lingo requesting that my account be canceled. This message was returned undeliverable. I got through in September to cancel and requested a credit for the months I had been charged since switching to Comcast. I was refused. I contacted American Express to file a dispute on the charges and was informed by my customer service rep that she had initiated the dispute and charged back $55.33 to Lingo for two of the service months in question. Within 24 hours Lingo sent me a 'Final Notice Prior to Placement with a Collection Service'.
My attempts to resolve this issue with Lingo have been refused. Customer service reps simply cite their policy that cancellations can be made only by phone. When I insisted I had made several attempts, I was informed that my claim was impossible since they have 24/7 customer support. I have requested my phone records from Comcast to support my claim. Even tonight I experienced the same voice message stating that the Lingo mailbox was full before my call was dropped.
Lingo has threatened to refer my case to collections if I don't pay within 10 business days. These charges are unfounded and I am resolved to fight to ensure my good credit rating and bring Lingo's business practices to light.
More Lingo, Inc. Complaints & Reviews
- Lingo/unlimited calls - Fraud - Lingo unlimited calls are misleading and not truly unlimited
- Lingo.com - Unlimited Plan
- Lingo Telecommunications - Fraud
- Lingo World Max Plan - Lingo World max a Pure scam. False advertising. They do not have true unlimited plan.
- Lingo - fraud
- Lingo and other VoIP Phone Services - Do not use it for your business!
- Lingo - Poor Service for long term customer
- Lingo World Max - Scam
- Lingo - Cancellation
- Lingo-Primus - Will re-run same charge many times to hold huge dollar ammounts from your account